Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2011 4:28 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I kind of having a feeling they will be together again, if you are not close you can't be Pretty Cure.

It was quite all right episode!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 13, 2011 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
It was OK. The reason they were fighting was a tad petty, and it really depends on how long ago that was. It's OK for now...
Feb 13, 2011 4:34 PM
Aug 2010
Well now that we've gotten past the conflict that seemed to drag on and get nowhere, now the series can officially start. I'm curious if the person in the opening is going to be a precure, or like a tuxedo mask type of character.
Feb 13, 2011 5:29 PM

Nov 2008
This whole series reminds me of the very first season, in fact it practically is with only changes to the theme. I'm glad they resolved their differences and the fight was ok.

Feb 13, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
DmonHiro said:
It was OK. The reason they were fighting was a tad petty, and it really depends on how long ago that was. It's OK for now...

It was way too petty. Simply talking to each other about the issue would have resolved it in a minute.
Feb 13, 2011 6:52 PM

Aug 2010
GarLogan78 said:
DmonHiro said:

It was way too petty. Simply talking to each other about the issue would have resolved it in a minute.

Well, they are young so they fight over petty things.

Anyways, I am really enjoying this show. I like how Hibiki and Kanade mesh (or don't mesh) together in the first two episodes. I just hope they keep it up and don't fly off into weird tangents. So I guess you could say that I want friendship to be the main theme instead of music.
Feb 13, 2011 8:26 PM

Sep 2009
An ok episode. It will take a little time to get used to the extremely cutesy atmosphere.
Feb 13, 2011 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
prismheart said:
GarLogan78 said:
DmonHiro said:

Well, they are young so they fight over petty things.

Anyways, I am really enjoying this show. I like how Hibiki and Kanade mesh (or don't mesh) together in the first two episodes. I just hope they keep it up and don't fly off into weird tangents. So I guess you could say that I want friendship to be the main theme instead of music.

I don't have a problem with it being petty so much as I don't think something like that would kill a friendship for years, no matter how young you are.
Feb 14, 2011 12:58 AM

Jan 2008
GarLogan78 said:
I don't have a problem with it being petty so much as I don't think something like that would kill a friendship for years, no matter how young you are.

That's the point, we don't know how long they kept fighting. A year? Are they still in middle school?
Feb 14, 2011 4:10 AM

Mar 2009
Another great ep!
I'm enjoying this, it's really similar to the first season...which I loved!

Urahara Out!!
Feb 16, 2011 8:20 AM

Jul 2010
My second Precure series after Heartcatch, and I'm very interested in it so far. Now that the introduction is out of the way I look forward to seeing the normal set up for the show.

Next week is Hibiki and her father? Interesting.
Feb 16, 2011 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
I'm unexpectly enjoying this so far. I need to watch the previous season if Suite Precure keeps entertaining me.
Feb 16, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
So I noticed that on their heart container things that they wear on their chest, their are four small round jewels, and each is colored differently. One is white, one is pink, one is light blue, and the last one is purple. The two current Precure use the white jewel and the pink jewel to transform (yakno' those jewel things that float around, I think there're seven altogether).

So, i'm kind of guessing there will be four Precure this season, just like Heartcatch, and I'm also guessing that the girl with the blue hair (who was only shown a few times) will end up being one. Just theorys. >_<
Feb 18, 2011 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
I think you guys are reading into the 7 jewels a little too much. There's seven of them to represent the musical scale I figure. Y'know, 'doh-rei-mi-fah-so-lah-ti-doh'? There's 7 and not 8 cuz 'doh' is there twice. Pink is 'Doh' and white is 'rei' if I remember right.

On Youtube there was a point that in the OP, you see Melody using the orange one and Rhythm using the yellow one to attack while the purple one is with the masked character on the tower.

We'll just have to wait and see. 49/51 eps is a long time for them to flesh it out ;P
May 11, 2013 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
This is why kids shows drive me mad.

I found it fairly interesting how the two protagonists used to be friends and weren't anymore, and wondered how that would develop. Though I had a feeling they'd go back to being friends this ep, I didn't actually think the reason for the distancing would be something so stupid. You could have just gone up to her and asked her why she wasn't at X location, and then the misunderstanding would have been cleared up, ffs. Oh well.

Kanade <3
Jan 15, 2016 1:32 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Not too bad. Could be better. If there is one thing I wanna' see it's the villain trio getting personalities. They seem so.. nonexistent right now.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Sep 5, 2017 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
Eh. They was way too petty to split them up for that long. Especially with them being as short tempered as they've been portrayed, it's hard to believe that it wouldn't have been brought up in an argument (and thus cleared up) way before now. Plus, who stops being friends over a missed meeting? And who gets that chummy that quickly after supposedly being hurt for that long? -.-;

Aside from that, I'm getting a bit concerned because this episode piled on even more Futari wa Precure influences to the point of this season nearly being a carbon copy of the original with a fresh coat of paint. Having to be together to transform and perform their finishers is something Futari wa alone did of the Precure seasons I've seen, and unfortunately Futari wa was worst continuity I've seen so far.

That's not to say I definitely won't like this season as much like what happened with Futari wa, but it is concerning.

The action was pretty alright, thankfully. There's definitely room for some interesting fights later on based on that first impression. It seemed better than the par for Fresh and Futari wa, but not as good as Heartcatch or Go! Princess. We'll see as it progresses, though. I'm not entirely confident in the Minor Trio as generals yet.

Edit: I just remembered that Nidhoeggr told me the start of Suite is weak, but it gets better later on. My concerns might be misplaced then.
TripleSRankSep 5, 2017 11:17 PM
Jul 27, 2021 6:07 AM
Dec 2020
This season looks very similar to Futari Wa, which might not be a bad thing, but I would have actually preferred that they could transform and attack alone, without being together.
Kanade looks like a straight copy of Honoka.
Jan 6, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2015
I like how they acknowledged the difference in physical fitness.

Am I crazy or is the bgm at 7:37 and 9:38 reused from another Precure series? Or are they just generic lol?

Honestly Hibiki and Kanade seem to be taking the whole Legendary Score, Minor Land, etc. thing well.

Damn, when Hummy got picked up by Hibiki it made me wonder what that feels like. I mean, Hummy didn't seem to react negatively to it, but I feel like it would be pretty annoying to just be chilling out and then suddenly get interrupted by some giant 50x bigger than you picking you up and holding you in the air with no way to get out of their grasp. I guess it's the kind of thing that humans will never be able to understand.

Nice to see that Precure is finally back to doing handholding-based final attacks!
Jan 28, 8:45 PM

Jan 2021
What a stupid reason to throw away their friendship over. They still spoke to each other from time to time as shown in the first episode so why in a year or two did neither one of them take two seconds to ask "where the hell were you"? Although on the other hand maybe it's not their fault. Wtf kind of school has two main entrances? I get the sense this is going to be a rough season. At least the black cat is a cool enemy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 48 Discussion

prismheart - Jan 29, 2012

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 14 Discussion

11AM - May 16, 2011

6 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 9, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 6 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 20, 2011

11 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 31, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 37 Discussion

minimiau - Nov 2, 2011

8 by ThorVermillion »»
Jan 6, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 31 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 18, 2011

5 by ThorVermillion »»
Dec 12, 2023 6:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.