New
Jan 28, 2011 7:15 AM

Sep 2009
Self explanitory. Have fun!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2011 7:48 AM

Feb 2010
@ manami-chan669

ChäoS;HEAd - obviously I did not find this as atrocious as you did. I got some enjoyment out of the series, probably why I could and did overlook some of the flaws.

Otome Youkai Zakuro - this was just above average for me. Despite being generic, it managed to be mildly entertaining, and even improved somewhat towards the end.

Kobato - looks silly. I may never attempt to watch this unless there is nothing else.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - will watch for the lulz, and have no expectations going in.
Jan 28, 2011 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
Kodomo no Jikan (TV anime only) - I don't like the story (it's the only reason that series got a 5), To tell the truth there are enjoyable moments and ecchi enough to give the series a 9, the story killed it though and would have been much better without it. Moetan, Mitsudomoe, and Ryofuko-chan which are ecchi/loli anime were really good and didn't have a nightmare story in fact neither had much of a story. Remember just because an anime has a deep story doesn't mean it should.

Jan 28, 2011 9:04 AM

Nov 2008
@novalis (I spent time writing this, so I'm posting it):

@Hoppy:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009): This anime is bad because of *Kyon-kun, denwa* This anime is bad because of *Kyon-kun, denwa*This anime is bad because of *Kyon-kun.. you get the idea. It eould have gotten aobe the score I gave it if it wasn't for Endless Eight.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The epitome of "love it or hate it", or you could just say that you are indifferent because it takes far too long to get to the good/bad stuff and itis nothing special until it does. I enjoyed it once it did though, which is reflected in my End of Evangelion score.I still think that the "Evangelion is the deepest anime ever crowd" are over-hyping its importance.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jan 28, 2011 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
@ FOE-tan
Jeeez . . . about the only title I can take issue with is Canaan. While no masterpiece, I enjoyed it enough to give it a 7. Other than that, I generally agree with your estimation of most anime. (But you did rate a few much higher than I did:)
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jan 28, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
Surprised to see Clannad here, i gave those itemds 8s and 9s. Not surprised to see DearS here at all though ^_^
Jan 28, 2011 3:28 PM

Nov 2008
lisnoire said:
@ FOE-tan
Jeeez . . . about the only title I can take issue with is Canaan. While no masterpiece, I enjoyed it enough to give it a 7. Other than that, I generally agree with your estimation of most anime. (But you did rate a few much higher than I did:)
What about Howl's Moving Castle? I gave that 5/10 too, but it is a 10/10 on your list. Nothing in it seemed to be developed well enough for me. Calcifer was probably the best thing about the anime (aside from the production values, which are top-notch, as per Ghibli standard), and he didn't get a lot of air time

Apparently you dislike Kaiji. I guess it can be viewed as somewhat pretentious and has zero rewatch value, but I still think that it is a much better thriller than Canaan was.

@KeiranShikari:

All I have to say is that the third Pokemon Movie is better than Mars of Destruction, even if only for nostalgia and the Unown being awsome and making a god-mode loli and nothing else, and that Dokuro-chan is near unwatchable for me.
[
Jan 28, 2011 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
@FOE-tan
What about Howl's Moving Castle? I gave that 5/10 too, but it is a 10/10 on your list . . . .

Ooops! How did I miss Howel? Oh, well, I did say "generally." I really liked Sophie having to adapt to an aged body, the Witch of the Waste, Calcifer, the Scarecrow Prince. I rated it high because I was "transported" while watching it and remember it fondly. For me, that's a 10. It's o.k. that you don't view it the same.

Apparently you dislike Kaiji. I guess it can be viewed as somewhat pretentious . . .

RE Kalji: Pretentious seldom puts me off. In fact, a lot of my favorites are considered such by many. I am sure that I am missing a great psychological story by bypassing Kaiji but, as superficial as it sounds, I just can't get past the art style.

All I have to say is that the third Pokemon Movie is better than Mars of Destruction . . .

I was a working adult with no children when Pokemon came out. It holds no interest for me.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jan 28, 2011 4:20 PM

Sep 2009
@ lisnoire :

Dragon Crisis! - I looked into this one day, but looking at the art and synopsis I easily dismissed it as something I wouldn't like. xD And looking at your score, I've pretty much solidified my choice to not start it.

Air Gear - I've seen a lot of mixed scores for this show, some being very high and others being pretty low like your own. It seemed like something I could get into, but I guess, with the scores I've been seeing, it's probably one of those love it or hate it series.

Clannad: Another World, Kyou/Tomoyo Chapter - I'm guessing that dedicating separate episodes to specific characters isn't always a good thing? I haven't started Clannad yet, but I really should someday.

Wow, I can honestly say that I've seen NONE of the things that you've rated 5 or below and thus, had nothing of worth to say about them. I noticed that most of them are OVAs though, and your scores make a lot of sense with that aspect. Stand-alone OVAs usually aren't that great anyway. orz But, I'm guessing that it's a good thing that I haven't seen any of the things that you rated under a 5.

@ The poster below me :

I have exactly one series rated at 5 or below and that's Togainu no Chi. My expectations are just incredibly low, and I give generous scores because of that. So, feel free to skip me if you'd rather comment on someone whose list has more substance than mine. xD
xxSaspraJan 28, 2011 10:54 PM
Jan 28, 2011 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
@ xxSaspra

Togainu no Chi - I found the first three episodes to be near unbearable. It feels nothing like the original material, and the animation is shoddy and awful work. My sister, a major Togainu no Chi fan, found it to be an appalling adaptation. She gave it a rating of 1. Even if I forced myself through the rest of it (with no expectations whatsoever), I would most likely give it a < 3 rating, based on the first three episodes alone. If I dropped it now, it would stand as a 2.
Jan 28, 2011 7:55 PM

Dec 2010
@ novalis

Black Cat - Only a 5, eh? Guess you didn't enjoy it as much as I did though I really think that there are many plot holes and the ending lacked too much which might be the reason for it being a 5 for you.

Eiken - Those humongous breasts indeed made it unwatchable. I saw a short clip of it and I immediately closed the tab.

Girls Bravo - I tried watching the first episode but found it lame so I didn't even care to finish it.

Golden Boy - I can see that it's average but the humor made me give it a higher score.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - The more that I think about it, it does sound cliche. But during the time that I watched it I kinda enjoyed it so yeah. Maybe I should lower my score to a 7.

MM! - I only watched this because I read that Jun Fukuyama is the VA of the protagonist. I was disappointed halfway through the first episode so I also didn't bother finishing it. Glad that I didn't.

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi - I actually found this series rather funny though the romance aspect of it was so lame. A good parody, still (at least for me).

Rozen Maiden - I totally agree with you! The first episode bored me so I dropped it early on. Congratulations for finishing a boring anime.

Shakugan no Shana - Another boring and overrated anime. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - I looked forward to watching this as I read the manga (the one whose artist was Miyako Ritsu). It turned out to be a disappointment as the anime wasn't as interesting as the manga.

I know that you have a lot of anime that's rated 5 and below but these are the only ones I've watched so forgive me.
CorwenJan 28, 2011 7:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 7:57 PM

Mar 2009
@novalis (the ones I recognize anyway)

Goldenboy-I really liked this one with all its ridiculous over the top ecchi bs. I gave it a 9 personally

Cromartie High School-another one I gave a 9 to, one of my two favorite comedy anime ever (along with Sexy Commando). I love the deadpan humor personally

FMA: Reflections-haven't seen this (finally getting around to FMA as is), but it is a recap episode so I can definitely understand it sucking. And based on your avvy, you're most likely an FMA fan at that.

Saikano-I've only read the manga, but yeah, wasn't big on that one either. Why was everyone's solution to depression to have sex? I don't get it!

Dragon Half-average comedy to me, good rating. Easily more tortorous ways to spend an hour.

Peach Girl-the manga sucks, so I'm assuming the anime is just as bad.

Umineko-kinda fizzled out for me after the third arc, but I probably wouldn't rate it that low.

Eiken-hehe, I totally understand this rating. That said, it is a "so bad it's good" for me so I gave it a 3.

Hikaru no Go-you dropped this after 3 episodes? WHY?! This is the shining example of what a good shonen should be (and more proof that all the best shonen are written by women). I still don't care about Go that much, but this one is about so much more than Go.

curses! I shall edit!

@AlxandriaAerandr
not as familiar with yours, but let's give it a shot

Paranoia Agent-man, I think the ending really cleared up any questions of the series, I thought this one was great personally

Haruhi Suzumiya-yeah, I thought this one was pretty so-so too. Liked to show promise with an actual plot then forget about it most of the time for episodic bs, not for me either.

Jigoku Shojo-oh god was this terrible, there are proper ways to do episodic but this is not one of them. I'm with you on this one, I think people should avoid it like the plauge.

VV no worries, I got ninja'd too :P But it looks like you got ninja'd twice. Happens to everyone it seems, eh?
zawa113Jan 28, 2011 8:08 PM
Jan 28, 2011 8:02 PM

Nov 2010
Eiken-I really hated this, among the few anime I wish I could forget.

Yugioh-I love playing the card game, and I love the show for nostalgia but it's pretty bad, not Medabots bad but close.
Universal_SheePJan 28, 2011 8:12 PM
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Jan 28, 2011 8:56 PM

May 2010
@OP, you should add "COMMENT WITH MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE"

School Days- True, I gave it a 3.

Sorry that is the only one I know
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 28, 2011 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
@Confucius

.hack//Sign-I might have a slight nostalgia for this, I do remember watching it on TV. That said, I don't remember anything else about it

Inuyasha-yep, got really annoying after season 1

Yugioh-hehe, the show it bad, but I do like the abridged series a lot

Baccano!-really? Sure, there's no deep moral, but the series is a ton of fun.

DBZ movies-at least they're not paced as badly as the series is for the most part

Mars of Destruction-hilariously bad if you ask me, but definitely deserves a low rating

Cromartie High School-aww, man, more Cro High hate? I love the style of humor, cracks me up!
Jan 28, 2011 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
@FallnKnightFakir

Digimon Tamers: Eh, really? That was my favorite season as a kid, but I guess it'd be different watching it later on in life.

Code Geass- I'm with you on the whole instant amnesia deal with this series, but I did enjoy it while I was watching it.

Kiki's Delivery Service- I thought it was cute and a nice change of pace from Miyazaki's usual anti-war/environment shtick, but I can see how it's childishness could be a turnoff.

The Girl Who Leapt through Time- The plot was a bit of a mess with this one, but I liked the characters.

Kara no Kyoukai 1- The first two were some of my least favorite in the series, but they get better by the third one.

Princess Mononoke- Yeah, I can see calling it preachy, but it was still a very good movie.

Spirited Away- Just a guess here, but I think you miiiight not be that big a Miyazaki fan. This one's been a favorite of mine since it came out, so my nostalgia goggles are on a bit too tight to criticize it very much. The plot did kind of fall apart towards the end, though.

Howl's Moving Castle- I can see most scores for this except a ten really. The characters were much blander than they were in the original book, it got hard to understand towards the end for people who hadn't read the book, and Miyazaki laid it on a little thick with the whole anti-war theme in this one (and didn't really explained that war much either). Oddly enough, though, I liked it despite its flaws, but I can agree with the low score.

Evangelion- Seems like most people either like this one or hate it with a passion with very little in between. I liked it for the screwed up characters, but the first and last few episodes weren't the greatest.

Eden of the East- A two seems really low for this one. It did have a lot of lost potential, but it was still engaging for the most part.
Jan 28, 2011 10:03 PM

Aug 2010
So....

Vampire Knight- I really did enjoy it and gave it a pretty good rating i think. One of my favs.
The DTB Special- Totally agree with you on the low rating. I dont even think i added it to my list. Just not entertaining for me,
Eureka Seven:Pocket full of rainbows- Just sucked lol. Had absoulutely nothing to do with anything.

Sorry i didnt see the rest of your low ratings
Jan 28, 2011 10:07 PM

Mar 2009
memeki said:
Just a guess here, but I think you miiiight not be that big a Miyazaki fan.

Oh noes! I've been found out!

Anyway, onto your list:
Castle in the Sky-oddly enough the highest rated Miyazaki movie on my list

Umineko-I kinda got distracted by shinier things after the third arc, I definitely enjoyed Higurashi way more

Movies based off of existing TV shows-can't blame ya, they almost never turn out better, getting 1 number lower is an achievement for me (actually, the second TTGL did it for me). I've ordered Rahxephon off the internet, so I shall be watching it within the next month or so and heck, it comes with the movie, might as well watch it.

Higurashi special-I'm inclined to believe you since the Rei special kinda sucked if you ask me. Anything after Kai, I'll just ignore

eh, got ninja'd, I'll just edit onto here, give me moment

@starbucks732
.hack//Sign-I remember watching this on TV so I wanna see it again, but I can't remember a damn thing about it. Got me to come back every week though

TTGL-oh noes! This is probably my second favorite series ever! I could understand people finding it to be over the top stupid, but I just loved the high energy positive atmosphere of the show personally

Earth Girl Arjuna-I think I remembered trying to watch this and getting annoyed by the nature humping bs
Jan 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Gungrave - I don't understand the low rating for this one. I really enjoyed it. Characters were great, and the story was good too. Would have been better without the "supernatural" parts, but still a great series.

Gun X Sword - I rated it higher, but I can understand this one. Wasn't too special even for a shounen. Still i found the second half to be not too bad..

TTGL - Well I suppose this isn't for everyone, but I wonder why you bothered to finish the series if you didn't like it. It's the kidn of series where you can figure out if you will like it after watching the first 5 episodes.

edit: I got ninja'd too ^^.

@Fallnknightfakir:

Code Geass Season 1 - I found it to be very entertaining, no matter the objective quality, this one kept me hooked while I was watching it.

Kiki's Delivery Service - I know you don't like Miyazaki, but I agree that this is one of his weaker movies. Not badd, but just not too interesting imo.

la Maison en petits cubes - Why rate it so low? I think for a short this one has done more than I expected. Not many short movies captured me like this one.

Kara no Kyoukai 1 - Not too much of a fan of the series, and the first one wasn't one of the better movies. I can agree with you on this one.

Genius Party - Well, I enjoyed the shorts (not all of them, but some). I think 5 is a bit low for this one.

There She is! - I found myself enjoying this very, very much, Can't explain why, but I found the animation and the music to fit very well together. Definitely rated too low in my opinion!

Princess Mononoke - Another example of you disliking Miyazaki :P. Still can't understand it. I like the environmental aspect you seem to dislike. One of my 10's.

Serial Experiments Lain - Didn't finish this, but I probably can agree on this one being a bit pretentious.

Süirited Away - Why watch so many Miyazaki movies when you hate him? Just too rate his movies low? What a wonder, I can't agree on that.

Howl's moving castle - You seem to enjoy watching stuff you obviously don't like ^^. Not one of my favorites, but still great,

Mars of Destruction - Really can' tunderstand why anything is rated lower than that. I assume the lower rating are just an expression of hate.

NGE - Was never into this one

Grave of the Fireflies - Can't help but think that your rating is not objective. Not an exciting movie, but one of the saddest movies I know, anime or not. Will not agree on the rating for this one.

Higashi no eden - I agree that there was more potential in the premise of that series, but I think the series was quite good, it started to get really bad with the movies.

FLCL - If I may help you remember how it was: Bad.

Spelling errors are to be excused, I'm drunk :P

edit: Commetns about the comments below:

I'm watching Bleach simply because I've been watching it for years. It's part of my routine, one episode a week. I skip the fillers though, as I do for Shippuuden ^^.

Only reason I even started watching Blue Submarine is the short movie of the director that I enjoyed very much. Would have dropped it if it wasn't just one more episode.

Spped Grapher - It will always be a mystery to me what anyone would find enjoyable from this series ^^.

FLCL - Way overhyped because of pretentious symbolism. It just sucks, get over it fanboys :P

Noein - You know I hate this one ^^

I actually watched Mars of Destruction with a friend of mine with the goal in mind to have fun watching a bad anime, but he chickened out halfway through and I wasn't motivated to finish the series alone ^^.
AlcoholicideJan 28, 2011 10:37 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 28, 2011 10:16 PM

Mar 2009
Greeting, Higashi!

Bleach-why the hell are you still watching this? I gave up at about 150

Blue sub No 6.-no, the last ep won't change your mind. I agree, it's kinda dry (lol)

Higurashi Rei-yup yup! I liked Higurashi and Kai, but Rei was underwhelming

Speed Grapher-I actually kinda liked this one, despite being so "of the week", at least the enemies were pretty unique. Also, best recap ep I've ever seen.

FLCL-someone else who doesn't find this series to be god?! WTF?! Yeah, I don't remember much about this series except me not caring.

Osamu Tezuka's Self Portrait-I still can't figure out wtf this is, but yeah, it does deserve a low rating.

Noein-you know I like this one

Mars of Destruction-wow, you didn't even finish it? That's impressive. But I couldn't stop laughing, which was why I finished it at all.
Jan 28, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
@FallnKnightFakir

Someone else who didn't think Eden of the East was that great? Whoa. I thought I was the only one.

LOL at Mars of Destruction getting a higher score than Eden.

Oh god, the ending for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was terrible. It left a sour taste in my mouth. Though I still find it a good movie, just not great.
Jan 29, 2011 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
@ shuffleair

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - You gave a 5 to one of my favorite anime.
Paradise Kiss - Pure eye candy with sex and melodrama. Pretty enjoyable for me.
Full Metal Panic The Second Raid - What? I honestly think it's the best FMP series.
Love Hina & Negima - I hate everything related to Ken Akamatsu.
Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora - Gah, I hated this anime so much.
Kamichama Karin - The anime was quite terrible indeed.
Dogs - I liked this OVA.
Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito - lol, I enjoyed this anime.
Majin Tentei Nougami Neuro - I never got into this anime, way too boring.
Naruto - I also gave it a 4.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jan 29, 2011 7:11 AM

Nov 2008
I see that Aria, Fancy Lala, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON and Lucky Star are all rated 5 or below on your list. You dislike anything even remotely resembling "slice-of-life", do you? OK, Lucky Star and K-ON are bad and Aria is highly overrated, but I like Azumanga and Lala a lot, enough to put both in my top 10 favorite anime.

You also gave a similar low rating to Pale Cocoon, another anime which I like a lot.

I agree with Kuroshitsuji. That show wasn't anything I would rate above a 5 myself.

Urusei Yatsura is the first ecchi harem. It made the genre, but it has been done so much that it harder to appreciate it. It had a couple of funny moments from what I have seen, but if it didn't have historical importance, it wouldn't have been anything special.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor doesn't even have that (both the history and the occaisonal funny moments), and yes, I consider that a harem too, so it directly competes with Urusei Yatsura (sci-fi, comedy, harem are the main genres for both, though Tylor's probably more of a parody of space opera) and fails.

Cencoroll's main problem is that it didn't develop anything it started. It's getting a sequel now, so that will help a bit, but I think it will need a TV series to fully explore the world.

As for the others, they are either self-explanatory and I can't remember enough about them (so much happened in FLCL that I forgot it all apart from that mecha scene in the first ep)
Rosa_FOEtidaJan 29, 2011 8:24 AM
[
Jan 29, 2011 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Cannan- I can see why u gave it a 5 it had a good start but something went wrong after that

Hanoka- 3 is more than what this thing deserve

Mars of destruction- XD

Iketeru Futari- I agree with u on this one

Nanatsuiro Drops- I don't think it was that bad well im having a mixed feeling about it
Jan 29, 2011 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
cloud767 -

wow you have certainly seen a lot more than I have! Impressive list :) anyway back on topic...

Air- I can see why you gave this a 5. I gave it a 6, but it really is very mediocre compared to Kanon 2006 or even Clannad.

NGE- another one that I gave a 6. It just had too many flaws, despite the elements in it that were groundbreaking at the time.

5cm- well personally I loved this, but I can see why some people might find it sappy or unrealistic. I certainly don't know anyone in real life who still pines for their childhood friend like that.

Hanasakeru Seishounen- ok I loved this one actually, I thought it was very fun XD But it's not for everyone I guess

Texhnolyze- I'm still watching it, not sure how I will end up rating it at this point, it's ok so far

Paradise Kiss- I thought this was ok. Nothing on the level of Nana, but ok.

Bokurano- I liked this but I also watched it when I hadn't seen much anime, so I don't know if I would feel the same re-watching it now

I think those are the only ones we shared
Jan 29, 2011 12:21 PM

May 2008
tizara -

Wow, surprisingly we seem to have given around the same ratings for quite a few anime.

Haruhi -
First time meeting someone that didn't like the first season. While I didn't exactly dislike it, I still enjoyed it overall, but I definitely didn't see anything worth all the Haruhiism out there. I gave it a 6, meaning that I thought it was "good," but I didn't like it enough to recommend it to friends.

Genshiken -
I was only halfway through before putting it on hold indefinitely, and yeah, I feel it should receive around the same rating -- a 5. I felt that most of the episodes were dull, and the characters even more so. There was just no redeeming X factor in this show at all, and none of the characters nor their actions interested me. Extremely average anime. Does it get better in the last half, though?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann -
Great rating. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about with this anime. The beginning was great, imo, and so was the very end when they showed the future city, but everything in between was just plain mediocre. The entire middle was riddled with repetitive nonsense battles, where they would fight a new enemy every episode and every episode would end with them melodramatically winning in the end. Also, after ______ died, the few episodes afterward really went downhill as the characters just fell apart. It was a mess.

Baccano! -
I agree with your rating on this one. My problem was that the characters were just too random for no reason. I just didn't understand them, or why certain characters acted the way they did, and the anime never really bothered to explain their motivations, I think. With that character barrier, I really had a hard time getting into the anime.

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha -
Honestly, I didn't like it very much either. The thing is, I tend to not like it when shows or movies try to leave too many things for the viewer's imagination, or expect the viewer to work hard to comprehend every little tidbit of the story. With Darker than Black, by the end I definitely understood most of the overarching story, but there were too many instances where I just didn't understand a lot of the motives for why certain characters did certain things in the two-episode arcs. And with the short arcs, they ended the story arc before sufficiently explaining enough in those little stories for me to really understand and connect with the world of Darker than Black, to feel that the arc was "believable" enough to transport me to its world. I guess it's just hard for me to connect to something I don't understand. For example, despite Yin's arc, I still don't understand her; her character just isn't fully developed, and in the end, I just couldn't care for her much as a character.

Itazura na Kiss -
I can see how someone might be annoyed by the characters, but I ended up enjoying the overall experience. A 6 from me, but I would like to know what made you dislike it.

Kara no Kyoukai 1 -
Honestly I only watched the first half, and man was it slow. I ended up putting it on hold. If you gave it a 4, though, then I'm guessing it doesn't get much better, does it? Hopefully the subsequent movies get better, though.

Xam'd: Lost Memories -
I haven't seen this yet, but I really enjoyed Eureka 7, so I was actually looking forward to this. If I may ask, what made this so bad for you?

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World -
You know, I watched this a long time ago, and I can't remember too much about it except not liking it very much. The episodes and the characters that Kino encountered on her journey were just so weird, and for no reason, too. As with Baccano and Darker than Black, I didn't understand why certain events happened, or why certain characters acted the way they did. Well, the opening and endings in the anime were really nice though.

The Cat Returns -
Aww, really? I loved this movie. Yes, the premise is pretty simplistic and the events are random and fairytale-like, but I guess that's what I like about Miyazaki's movies, the simplicity and the fantasy. You seem to have given lower ratings to Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service, too, so I'm guessing that these kinds of movies just aren't your thing. I hope you'll let me know what made you feel that this movie deserved only an "average" rating.
FauxAznJan 29, 2011 1:33 PM
Jan 29, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
@TheSouthAzn:

I have 5 of your 5 and below anime on my list.

I liked both Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Genshiken. Let me guess, SZS was too weird random and Genshiken was too boring. or it could just be that you dislike otaku humor (I noted that Lucky Star and NHK are rated 6 apiece). But if the latter is the case, then I can't really understand how Maid-sama gets an 8 on your list, as that has otaku humor too.

For Kaleido Star, I would be inclined to agree from what I have seen. If it involved fighting as opposed to acrobatics, then it would just be a generic shounen. I don't really see how anyone could think that it is better than Princess Tutu.

As for REC, I thought that one was pretty good too.Not the best romance, but it had some nice elements to it. That episode with the other girl (I believe that was the special, rather than being part of the TV run) was horrible, however.

I can hardly remember anything about Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, mostly becaue i only watched one episode and forgot about it extremely quickly, so I'm not going to disagree there, either.

On a side note, I noticed that you gave Marimite Haru 3/10. Does that mean that it gets even more boring as it goes on? Seriously, I like slow-paced anime, but Marimite just takes it too far. The complex pairing system and the amount of time explaining it doesn't help either.
[
Jan 29, 2011 2:56 PM

Nov 2010
Edit:Man I have loading issues with posts on here, need a minute to correct my post.
Universal_SheePJan 29, 2011 3:12 PM
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Jan 29, 2011 3:26 PM

Nov 2010
Bohemian Rhapsody-I actually really liked this, the music flowed with the animation almost flawlessly. Also lot of rewatch value for me, watched it three times and still enjoy it a lot. I haven't checked out the manga so maybe that's why I get more enjoyment out of it, but being a short music video, I don't expect them to be able to cram all the story in there.

Haruhi Second Season-I didn't think Endless 8 was too bad until the fourth episode,then I got a bit irritated. In my case though the first episode and the Sigh was able to redeem the season for me.

(Sorry for the double post if it appears as a double post, I can't tell if my last is on here or not anymore).
Jan 29, 2011 5:30 PM

Feb 2010
@ JukeBoxHero

Girls Bravo - this was something I regarded as below average, so I rated it as a 4. It was exceedingly generic, and it could have done something more interesting with the premise that it had.

Ladies versus Butlers! - this was a show I actually found somewhat entertaining, which is unusual since I usually dislike similar anime. That alone was enough to bump it up to a 6 for me.

DearS - I took a look at this before and just thought "no".

Medabots was actually kind of amusing when I saw it on TV years ago. Hell, if I had the dub now, I'd probably watch all of it :/
Jan 29, 2011 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
@novalis

2x2=Shinobuden - Only seen the first episode, but I can see why you'd give it a 5. It had it's moments but overall seemed to have no real coherency or likeable characters.

Blood: The Last Vampire - I really can't remember all that much about this and it wasn't even that long ago. If the impact it had on me was that little, I can accept a negative score for it.

Colorful - A 5? Seriously? Seems way too high to me. I don't even know how to explain this. In fact, most of it was such a mess that I'm not even sure what the hell happened. All I really remember was it was pretty dull.

Fortune Arterial - From the first 2 episodes I've seen, not much really happened. Seems to have some sort of promise but I guess from your rating that it really didn't use it in any redeemable way.

Iron Man - Yeah, this was disappointing enough in the first few episodes that I still haven't caught up with it. So much wasted potential. Also, not enough Iron Man. In a show called Iron Man. About Iron Man. What.

Kai Doh Maru - I'm not even sure this was worth a 4. I still have no fucking idea at all as to what even happened or who anyone is. My mind got more lost than when I went to Ikea that one time.

MM! - First 3 or so episodes made this out to be pretty good, but still haven't got round to watching the second half of it. Some of the later episodes showed a massive drop in quality, though. Maybe that explains the score.

Puni Puni Poemi - I'm still not sure whether to rate this as a 10, a 1, or something in the middle ground. I don't even know how to score it, that's how much it fluctuates.

Rozen Maiden - Pretty much the first thing so far that I've actually liked on your list that's gotten a negative score. I can see why some people wouldn't like it though, plus personally I'd say the manga is far better than the anime anyway. Still, I found it rather enjoyable.

Shakugan no Shana - I liked it, but once again something I can see why people wouldn't like. It's not particularly original and the quality does shift about multiple times throughout the series, plus Shana herself does have the tendency to be irritating.

Strike Witches OVA - Nowhere near as good as the series, but that's to be expected since all it really does is show off the characters and a couple of fights.

Tokko - I'd say a 5 is too high for this. It started off with plenty of potential, but squandered it as it went along, before finishing off with the biggest clusterfuck of disappointment I've seen in any anime. Worst. Ending. Ever.

Yosuga no Sora - Incest.

Zombie Loan - Another example of the manga being better than the anime. Still not all that good though. Interesting plot but horrendously bad usage, so the score is justified.
Jan 29, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2010
@ Seasonreaper

Basquash- Yeah, it was really silly and seemed to lack a direction all the way through the last episode and seemed like they rushed the ending. Still, the silliness made it almost good, imo.

Ikkitousen- The first season isn't as great but it gets a lot better. Especially in Xtreme Xecutor.
Jan 29, 2011 10:06 PM
Sep 2009
@Seasonreaper

Battle Angel Alita-- I've only watched the first episode of this, and it wasn't bad. However, considering it was half of this OVA's run, a 5 seems fitting, there is no way it can develop its characters or plot enough to deserve much higher in only one episode.

Elfen Lied-- I actually can see why someone would give this a 5, in some ways it is exactly what is wrong with the horror genre. Too indulgent in its violence and holding such self importance for exploring issues that are nothing new. However, its impressive technical merits, namely its brilliant use of sound, mastery over emotion and the fact it still works as a horror lead me to give it a 7.

Fate/Stay Night-- By all means, I should not have liked this. I think its technical merits, and pacing made it very good for what it is.

Iron Man-- Run of the mill and boring, I guess it was made for profit... can't think of any other reason.

Kai Doh Maru-- This actually quite ambitious, but almost nothing worked. The art style while sounding really great in theory, was just too understated for its own good, and trying to cram such a story into 48 minutes made it feel incredibly forced.

Lucky Star-- It baffles me that you watched the entire TV anime and OVA when your rate it so low... while I have completed things I have rated 1, there is no way I'd sit through 26 episode of something I hate so much. Personally, I detested this at first, but eventually came around.

@prismheart

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-- While I can understand such a score for the second season, I feel you're selling the first too short. It was incredibly cleaver and fun.
NeverKnowsBest26Jan 29, 2011 10:09 PM
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jan 30, 2011 1:57 AM

Mar 2009
@judojon
Pokemon The First Movie-awww, don't you have any nostalgic factor for this? How many kids cried at the time when Ash turned to stone? I'll admit it's not exactly a good movie, but it is a very nostalgic one.

Digimon Adventure: Our War Game-guess you wouldn't like Summer Wars, which basically is this movie but without the Pokemon or dial-up then. I think this movie is awesome, personally.

Yu YU Hakusho movie-I don't recall this movie being any good either, and they changed the dub cast just to add insult to injury

Mirai Nikki-the manga is awesome, but I understand this is just a crappy teaser with bad CGI

Glass no Kantai-I really liked this one, sure it wasn't perfect, but I did enjoy watching it nontheless. It's no LoGH for space operas, but I had no real complaints.

Mars of Destruction-so bad it's good for me! But it is still bad.
Jan 30, 2011 2:51 AM

Nov 2008
@FallnKnightFakir:

Staring from the lowest-rated:

Alien Nine and Evangelion - They're extremely similar, so I can definitely see how you would dislike the other if you disliked one. As for the anime themselves, I sort of like them, but both are flawed and I wouldn't put either on my recommended list. I actually think that Alien Nine would be the better of the two had it ended properly.

Grave of the Fireflies - Seita's a complete idiot. He stops this movie from being believable, even if he's supposed to be a representation of the author of the original novel. Having said that, I still think that 1/10 is a harsh score for it.

Higashi no Eden - I have no idea why this is a popular as it is. It tries to be too many things, and it fails to be any of them. It doesn't have enough action to be an action anime, not enough thrills for a thriller, not enough romance to be a romance etc. My 6/10 is extremely generous, and it should really be 5/10, if not lower.

Howl's Moving Castle - It suffers from the same problems as Eden; it tries to be too much for the length that it spanned, and ends up only half-developing everything.

Spirited Away - In my opinion, this is a couple of levels above Howl's, but it's still nowhere near as good as everyone makes it out to be. It's a decent adventure movie, nothing more, nothing less.

Serial Experiments Lain - This is one of my favorite anime, but I don't hold a grudge on anyone who dislikes it, as it is a bit overly complex and I can very much see why people would dislike it.

Xam'd: Lost Memories - It's very Ghibl-esque, so I can see how you would dislike it. I not a fan of it myself. The development of the parents got a lot of praise for this, but Noein did it better, and I am certain you would agree with that. You aren't missing anything by not watching the last 2 episodes. Probably another anime I should take down a point.

Kurau Phantom Memory - This is actually my favorite Bones-produced anime. Going off your comments, it seems like you think it got worse as it went on, but I liked it all the way through. That ending was a bit of a deus ex-machina, mind you, but it was so long since I had seen a truly happy ending in an anime that I didn't mind.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Horrible ending indeed. If it ended 30 minutes earlier, then this would have been a perfect 10/10 for me, as the the first 2 thirds of the anime were on masterpiece level. My score for it reflects that.

Tsumiki no Ie - Unlike TokiKake, I thought that this kept its masterpiece-level storytelling throughout its 10 minute running time. A very nice little anime i would recommend to anyone.

Kiki's Delivery Service - This was just boring, but at least it doesn't try to do too much like Howl's did.. Kiki was too nice and one-dimensional IMO. I have watched a lot of slice-of-life/fantasy anime, and I'm not sure if a movie is a good format for that kind of anime. Fuujin Monogatari is what this should have been.

There She Is!! - Not on the same level as Cubes, but still a nice little short series that I would recommend to others.
Rosa_FOEtidaJan 30, 2011 3:56 AM
[
Jan 30, 2011 4:10 AM

May 2010
I've barely seen your low-scored list, but whatevers.

Muramasa- I barely even remember this, because I have a bad memory, and I liked it less than you.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse - I has this PTW, saddens me to see my ptw looking down.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kirameki Yoko Box - Pieces of Sweet Stars - I only watch these things cause of some weird OCD trip, but I always forget them cause they're pointless. So whatever.

Howl's Moving Castle - I mean, it's not fantastic but how could you hate Howl's? o;

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Christmas Special - I find most specials to be incredible pointless, like the music shit and all that, so again, whatever.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - Well, you know, not everyone can appreciate something so whatthefuckwhy as the Endless Eight like I did. :P

Mars of Destruction - Two words: Exploding head. That alone was worth at least a non-1 score.

I'd consider anything dropped less than a 5, and for the most part I can see why you dropped everything on that list, even Lucky Star, which I love, and so do a lot of people, but a lot of people hate it, and I get it.
Jan 30, 2011 7:27 AM

Mar 2009
@FOE-tan, had a feeling we'd have a fairly high compatability rate, also think that TokiKake should have ended way earlier, it would have gotten a higher rating from me. The odd thing about There She Is!! is that I'd still recommend it for someone looking for something short, it just didn't leave much of an impression on me.

@Webeiss
Digimon-this is a nostalgic favorite of mine, really one of the first anime I saw, but I could see it being average to someone with no nostalgic connections to it

FF7 Advent Children-yep, I didn't even like the game in the first place and except for being 2 hours of CGI masturbation, it's nothing special

Yugioh-the only thing I like about this is the abridged series, yay!

Pokemon Movies-I saw 2000 in theaters :P Nostalgic ties, yes, but I knew I didn't like it as much as the first movie. The others, I've seen some on TV, when can they stop? I do kinda like watching them to snicker at improper Pokemon rule bending and ridiculousness sometimes though.

Hunter X Hunter-I've read the manga for this one, I think it's one of the more engaging and addictive shonen I've seen personally, I think it's great stuff

Last Exile-finally, someone else who doesn't like this one that much. I think it was too much sitting around doing nothing, ugh

Oban Star-Racers-I quite like this one, though I'm not 100% sure why, but I think it balances its story telling very well between races and characters. Wish more kids series bothered to do that.

Ranma 1/2-this was actually one of my gateway manga, which might make you think that I'm about to disagree with you, but I'm not because after I read Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2 just looked like complete and utter shit to me, couldn't bear to go back

Monster-this is a bit of an unexpected one, no I don't think this series is god, but I think during the time I watched it I was getting into it.

Akira-yep, it's still a good gateway movie, but not that I've seen better, it's nothing special. I actually think the manga is worse though.

Samurai 7-this was a nice enough distraction for me, that is all

Jubei chan-this was the series that actually made me stop thinking that I only liked comedy, because I realized that bad comedy can be dull and boring

More Pokemon movies-why the hell have you bothered to watch so many?

Serial Experiments Lain-also a boring show for me, though I liked how all the shadows looked like holographic pokemon cards!

Mars of Destruction-you also seem to have found it too funny to give a 1 too, eh?

Peach Girl-the manga is suck, I'm assuming the anime would be just as suck but maybe worse if they gave the characters annoying voices or something

Digimon Adventure 02-also has strong nostalgic ties for me :(

Astro Boy 2003-being a Tezuka fan, I did enjoy this. Not as much as the GBA game that came out because of the series though. Nowhere near as much.

Bleach-hey, we made it to just about the same ep before dropping it! By that time, there was maybe 5 minutes of new animation per ep and the rest was just recapping insanely! wtf?!
Jan 30, 2011 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
(I’m sorry FallnKnightFakir...
as i was already finishing writing my post on Webeiss anime list. I noticed your post...)

Webeiss:

Nana- one of my favourites...It’s amazing, Incredibly realistic and moving, for me ofc:P when i watched this one it got lot's of different emotions out of me. Felt really connected with its characters(great character development imo) and thought they were nicely portrayed. The music was awesome as well.
But i guess it just wasn’t your cup of tea:)

B Gata H Kei- i usually don’t like this type of anime(ecchi), as most of the time the main characters irritate me. And i don’t find the jokes funny, just stupid and overused.
...But I actually found this show somewhat entertaining lol. I liked the setting and I got few laughs out of this. I also didn’t hate the characters for a change.

Yosuga no sora- Another one I kind of liked but only the sora arc<3 that’s it. As I didn’t care for the rest >_> I thought the Sora arc was very emotional and beautiful. And the sex scene didn’t bother me as I thought they were used in the right way (they had inpact on the story) not just for stupid fanservice without any emotions at all. (like in previous arcs-_-) And I don’t mind incest in anime if it's executed well.
But I can perfectly understand your low score, as this one is definitely not for everyone...so yeah.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete- it wasn’t perfect(and maybe it’s the ff fan in me) but i still enjoyed it. and ff7 is not even my favourite in the franchise.

Final Fantasy: Unlimited - yes, i love final fantsy...but i just can't disagree with this one lol, it sucked.

Love Hina- another one I agree with >_>

DNA²- I can understand why u gave it a 1.

Bleach- ok, I only kind of liked the beginning of this anime- first 50ep or something. and that’s it. So I pretty much agree with your score.

Kare Kano- I liked this one. I connected with the characters. But the last few eps were bad... And unfortunately there was no ending...:(

Fushigi Yuugi- I Can understand the low score, as I know it has lot of cliches and the characters can be quite irritating. But yeah, i still enjoyed the anime. I watched this one when I was really young, and It was one of my first anime’s as well. I like to re-watch it once in a while, it reminds me of old times heh...

DearS- i think the anime was quite terrible as well...

Devil May Cry - Definitely agreed. I love the games disliked the anime heh

---------

Ah heck I will edit:
FallnKnightFakir

Hmm I think we have very different taste in anime;P Lots of anime I enjoyed you disliked...

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch- one of my favourites. I loved the characters in this anime, I got really attached to them. I also enjoyed all the twists in the story. For me it was very entreating, it kept me hooked while I was watching it. R2 was less but still pretty good.

Higashi no Eden- I know it wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed it. I like the 2 main characters relationship. I liked the setting, the story was interesting for me.

Kodomo no Omocha- I can understand the low score, I liked the manga much more...and the anime was just average...I gave a higher score for nostalgia feeling and the characters I missed from the manga...

Evangelion- You either like this one or hate it. I liked it. I liked the Characters even Shinji. He was annoying sometimes but I could understand why he acted the way he did. Anyway, I can understand your low score, this anime is not for everyone.

RazziellJan 30, 2011 4:40 PM

Jan 30, 2011 9:34 AM
Sep 2009
@Razziell

Angelic Layer-- I thought this was good actually, while melodramatic at times and pretty much being a conventional fighting tournament anime, there isn't much to complain about.

Bleach-- Meh. I liked the arc where Aizen was revealed as a villian, but not much else.

Blood The Last Vampire-- While I could agree on terms of plot, that obviously wasn't the focus here. It did succeed at being what it was intended to be, a visually spectacular vampire slaying horror romp, and for that it deserves appreciation.

Busou Renkin-- Yawn... boring shounen.

Devil May Cry-- Big waste of time, just because a games popular doesn't mean it's gonna make a good anime... god damn producers, making something for profit alone.

K-on-- guess you don't care much for moe...

Zero no Tsukaima-- average on every level.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jan 30, 2011 12:24 PM

Jul 2008
@judojan

Isn't your wallpaper on your anime list xxxHolic? Then why is xxxHolic a five?

Lol. Kampfer a four. I agree it is pretty bad, but that's what made it so fun to watch every week. I don't blame you for giving it a low score. Asu no Yoichi either.

Can't believe you saw Mars of Destruction. How bad was it?

I somehow greatly enjoyed Zero no Tsukaima, but I can see why people might give it a five.

Tayutama is average on every level, so it deserves to be lower than a five for sure.
shuffleairJan 30, 2011 12:30 PM
Jan 30, 2011 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
@shuffleair

Dragon Crisis- It looked like it'd be average from the description and the studio (DEEN!!), and I haven't exactly heard anything about it to challenge that opinion. Kind of a shame really, since I like dragons and the OP's kind of neat.

Zetsubou-sensei- I liked it, but I can see how the humor and the Shafty-ness could get on people's nerves.

xxxHolic- On one hand, I like Yuuko and the whole "magical shop" type setup, so I didn't mind it, but on the other, well I've had the anime on hold for forever, and the art looks awful compared to the manga. I can see a 5 easily.

TMoHS season 2- Epically annoying troll was epically annoying, and Sigh wasn't even that great.

07 Ghost- Lulz. It was by Deen and looked like your average man-service show, so I didn't even bother. Nice to know I was right on target there (though it sucks to have watched it all the way through).

Eden of the East- Sure it could've been a lot better, but hey, at least it looked nice.

Kobato.- The first sixteen episodes or so were dull as heck, but the ending made me give it a good score.

Darker than Black (RnG)- I actually liked DtB a lot, but BONES really, really sucks at giving their series decent endings, and Ryuusei no Gemini made no dang sense without seeing the OVAs.

Hetalia- I feel kind of embarrassed to say this, but I was really into this series when it first started airing. After about 20 episodes or so the WTF-factor kind of wore off, and the rest of the series was a chore to slog through. Chibitalia sucked too.

Ookami Kakushi- It was the only Ryukishi07 anime where I actively wanted for there to be a bad end (and the only one where there wasn't one...), 'nuff said.
Jan 30, 2011 4:37 PM

Sep 2010
@ Memeki:

Huh, I somehow always end up commenting on you...

Castle in the Sky – I loved it when I watched it...but then I was about 10 years old. And today most of Miyazaki's movies kind of lost the charm for me...

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) – You don't like to be trolled? Well I did got my share of enjoyment from endless eight, but it was still a pretty bad idea...

Shadow Star Narutaru – Awwww, you don't like cute series? Oh wait...
Just curious, did you know about how it will turn out beforehand?

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Special - I first thought it was Gaiden, then I remembered there was this very bad OVA that I tried to forget...now I have to add it as well :-(

Ookami Kakushi - I have yet to see someone say anything good about it...
Jan 30, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2008
@mljato

Chaos;Head - Yeah, I can see why you'd give this a bad rating. Started out with so much potential and I'm still really interested in trying the VN as, just like what happened with Fate/Stay Night, you can tell there's a good story there, but it got massively raped during adaptation and now it just makes no sense at all.

Mahou Sensei Negima! - Haven't seen all of it so can't comment, but it didn't seem too bad from the first few episodes. Then again... it didn't seem too good either. Just about average.

MM! - Once again, seemed pretty good to start with but went downhill fast around the middle of the series, when I stopped watching for various reasons.

Ore no Imouto... - I actually quite liked this and, unlike many people, Kirino didn't annoy me too much. A couple of the later episodes pretty much sucked though, although that's what you'd expect when a show decides to deviate from the source material for no apparent reason.

Shakugan no Shana - Not particularly original in execution and Shana can be annooying so I can see why people might not like this. I personally enjoyed it though.

Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu - I can totally see why this would get a bad score. It really wasn't very good and only proved amusing on rare occation.

The Animatrix - The problem with this is the fact that it's 9 completely different segments put into one file. Some of them were really good, whilst others were just plain bad, and others just proved to be trippy as hell and not much else. I guess an average score is the best way of rating it really.
Jan 30, 2011 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
Bokusatu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Yeah...I got to about episode five of this. Then I thought 'What am I doing with my life?' and dropped. I thought the humor was just a bit too crude. But a five is pretty accurate.

Chaos;Head - This series was the bain of my existance. You have no idea. So much potential, and such a good beginning. Then they just said "screw it" and stopped trying. This was the only series to make me legitimately angry.

Lucky Star - O U C H ! I understand why you'd rank it low, but a one? That seems a little harsh...

Iron Man - ...ew...ew...no comment
Jan 30, 2011 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
mljato said:
@ Memeki:

Huh, I somehow always end up commenting on you...

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Special - I first thought it was Gaiden, then I remembered there was this very bad OVA that I tried to forget...now I have to add it as well :-(

mljato said:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) – You don't like to be trolled? Well I did got my share of enjoyment from endless eight, but it was still a pretty bad idea...

Trolling's fine. Three-and-a-half hours worth of trolling... not so much (though I guess I could've just waited for it to end...).

mljato said:
Shadow Star Narutaru – Awwww, you don't like cute series? Oh wait...
Just curious, did you know about how it will turn out beforehand?

Oddly enough, yep. It just seemed like it wasn't as biting as I thought it would be, I guess, and the non-ending didn't help.
-----

@manami-chan669

ChäoS;HEAd- I read the VN of this, and it was pretty decent, but I heard the anime was terribad. If it was anywhere as annoying as I found Ookami Kakushi to be, you have my sympathy.

Kobato.- Both the series and Kobato got a lot better towards the end, but I'd agree with the 5 for the beginning.

Otome Youkai Zakuro- I've been stuck on ep 3 for the past two months, so I can see your score for this one too. Supposedly it gets better, though.

Full Moon- I just started the manga, and it does start off cheesy, doesn't it? Again, it's supposed to get better, but it's just so long...
Jan 30, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2010
@memeki
Ookami Kakushi - was very disappointing, not scary in the least
Shadow Star Narutaru - I already knew about people finding it disturbing before, but wasn't gross or scary to me at all
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Very meh, I still don't understand why it's so popular
Jan 30, 2011 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
*Seasonreaper

07-Ghost- pretty much agreeing with the score here.

Toradora!- this is one of those "I usually don’t like this type of anime but..." for me. so basically, It's harem, and usually harem anime are not my favourite type. But I actually found this show pretty entertaining.
I liked the main character as he wasn’t your typical harem lead to the core (extremely stupid, scared of boobs etc.) and I liked the girls...well, besides Tiga>_>

Lucky star- I did not find this show funny... at all.

Elfen Lied- I guess I can understand the low score as this show is not for everyone. Personally I like it. If you can look pass the excessive gore and nudity. It has a pretty sad/emotional story imo. Lucy was just a tragic character...her relationship with Kouta was sad and tragically beautiful. And I think the Openig for Elfen Lied really captures the essence of what this anime is about.

Zombie-Loan- it has an ok story, and some interesting characters, but it was too short...and because of that the ending was disappointing. But I did enjoy the show before the ending.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - I’m a FF fan, but you have to admit...this one sucked.
------

Ah again....Edit:

*manami-chan669:

Full Moon wo Sagashite- I actually liked this one. It might look like your typical shoujo series directed at kids but it’s not, its so much more imo. While initially cutesy on the surface, Full Moon has a beautiful/moving storyline imo, that touches up on serious subjects like; death and suicide. The firs half might be a bit more fluffy as it’s mostly filler, but the second half is quite serious.
But i guess it just wasn’t your cup of tea:)

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World- it was quite a terrible show...

Kobato- firs half bored me to death, but it did get better later. Still, it was average for me.
--------

Edit2 o_O lol ( yes, i know i'm slow...)

*CandyForTheSoul:

We don’t really share a lot of anime so:

Ookami Kakushi- when it started I thought it will be interesting... but it just went downhill lol and the ending was a big joke...

School days: well pretty much agree with this one. I hated the characters too much to score this higher>_>
RazziellJan 30, 2011 6:56 PM

Jan 30, 2011 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
@ Candy For The Soul

Clannad (Movie): I totally agree. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Dance in the Vampire Bund: It did have some potential but, it ended u: p being a below average series.

Ookami Kakushi: I was going to watch this but everyone is giving it bad reviews; I think I'll skip it.

School Days: I rated this series a 1. I thought it was disgusting and unwatchable. I can't understand why anyone likes this series.

Shukufuku no Campanella: The synopsis sounds super annoying.

@ Razziell:

Blood: The Last Vampire: I liked it somewhat. Then again I like the vampire genre.

Devil May Cry: It was so horrible that I didn't even want to put it on my list.

The Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z series: I couldn't get over the art.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within: I liked it because of the visuals and world it created. The story was whatever.

Futari Ecchi: I actually really liked this series. It cracked me up, although it wasn't super realistic.

Love Hina: I tried to watch it, but it was terrible.

MM!: Eh. Unmemorable.

Rosario + Vampire: The first season was average. The second was a pile of stinky poo.

School Days: Unwatchable.

Zero no Tsukaima: Average in every way.
Jan 30, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
@Razziell:

Edit: beaten. This is a popular thread.

@kwilder:

School Days: If they were going to do a big reveal, it should have been done in the earlier episodes instead of going for a shock finish.

Starry Sky: I'm just watching this for the lulz, but otherwise, it is as generic as anime can get...and I don't even watch reverse harems much at all.

FLCL: My poor brain...

Katanagatari: Really? It looks rather good, but wordiness isn't everyone's kind of thing, I'd imagine.

Haruhi 2009: I personally skipped most of Endless Eight so I didn't find it as bad, but for people who actually sat through it, I don't blame them for giving this a bad score.

Pale Cocoon: At least it was pretty.

Fairy Tail: It was funny and interesting from the 8 episodes I've seen of it, but I couldn't get myself to continue because of more interesting things. It wasn't that bad, though, but if you didn't like it and sat through that many episodes anyway, I won't judge.
PseudoJordJan 30, 2011 6:52 PM
Jan 30, 2011 7:00 PM

Jan 2008
@Razziell

07-Ghost - Yeah, it's shit. This has been mentioned multiple times throughout the thread and I have yet to see anyone who hasn't given it a bad score.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - It looks pretty... and that's about it. The plot wasn't very good, the characters forgettable and the action underwhelming. Massively disappointing on so many levels.

K-ON! - I can agree with this. Not enough music, Yui is annoying and Mio just gets used for fanservice purposes on too many occations. Could've been much better.

Kanon - I actually thought the original was pretty good, but then again I haven't seen the new one to be able to compare it. The art is generally horrible though. However, I know who the protagonist ends up with in both versions, and I prefer the outcome of this to the remake.

Lucky Star - ...I'd rather watch Mars of Destruction.

Onegai Teacher - It actually seemed pretty decent for what seems to be a pretty common topic in anime, however I haven't finished yet so I can't exactly comment. I can see why someone wouldn't enjoy it though.

NINJA!

@kwilder

Azumanga Web Daioh - It's the worst of the AzuDai stuff, but I wouldn't say it deserves a 2.

FLCL - I can definately see why some people won't like this, seems very much like a marmite series.

Kuroshitsuji - Had so much potential but didn't use it anywhere near as well as it could've. Pity really.

@PsuedoJordan

Code Geass R2 - Trainwreck. Started out well and the ultimate ending was decent, but there's a massive chunk in the middle which is a huge clusterfuck.

FLCL - Once again, I can see why people may not like this.

Highschool of the Dead - NEEDS MORE ZOMBIES AND LESS TITS.

K-ON! - NEEDS MORE MUSIC AND LESS YUI & MIO

Mars of Destruction - ...It's Mars of Destruction

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kirameki Yoko Box - Piece of Sweet Stars - It was pretty well made I must admit, but I'm not that much of a Yoko fan, so hey.
SeasonreaperJan 30, 2011 7:07 PM
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 59 minutes ago

14 by Tropisch »»
1 minute ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

34 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Apr 25

9 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

8 by rohan121 »»
5 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

59 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.