Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2011 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
well he might just be a middle man. the neutral party. unless of course hes part of the force that creates both witches and magical girls.
Jan 27, 2011 7:24 PM
Apr 2010
betting >9000 shillings on Madoka raising Mami from the dead! Also, SHIT GOT MORE REAL!
Jan 27, 2011 7:39 PM

Jan 2011
Iri said:

I'm slightly curious if the cover of that Mahler CD that Sayaka brought in was real or created just for this episode. If real and could be tied to Symphony No. 8, that would be very interesting.

It's real, I saw it when looking 2 c when full version of magia was coming out.
Jan 27, 2011 7:52 PM
Sep 2009
If witches are magical girls gone bad, then what if Sayaka were to become a witch (instead of dying like everyone here seems to predict)?

Just thinking about it, nothing good could have come from Sayaka's wish after seeing Kamijou's expression. If something were to go so horribly wrong with Sayaka that it would cause her grief--or whatever it would take to turn a magical girl bad--then, potentially, Sayaka would turn into a witch.

It's just something that I thought I would toss up into the air, so if I'm completely wrong for whatever reason, then please do clarify~ ^^"
Jan 27, 2011 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
I thought Madoka died there for a moment.
Jan 27, 2011 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
My god I laughed so hard at the teacher's Christmas Cake lecture.
Did Kyubei always have that red circle on his back?

MOOOORRNIIING REEESSCUUUUEEEE!!!!

Couldn't help but laugh a little at the lolzombie faces.

Love the ED.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 27, 2011 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, twas my favourite episode so far! Kyubey is really scaring me: even after what he/it said about leaving the girls alone and letting another girl be in charge of the city.. when Sayaka had a wish she wanted granted, who was there, lying in wait? That's right, the candy-eyed demon himself!

Also, Nonaka Ai right at the end <3
Jan 27, 2011 8:04 PM

May 2010
Iisan-kun said:
StormViruz said:

After this ep, I disliked Kyubey for some reason.

Don't worry... I think plenty of people have disliked him since the first episode...
...because he is the DEVIL INCARNATE.

If that's the case, Madoka should troll him.

I'm not guessing anymore about Madoka's wish. I'll just have to wait and see.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:36 PM
Jan 27, 2011 8:09 PM

Sep 2009
That was pretty awesome. I loved the dark atmosphere. I'm looking forward to some cool revelations in the future.
Jan 27, 2011 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
I really don't want to put out any guesses. Knowing SHAFT, I'll probably love whatever happens. Time to sit back and enjoy this one.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 27, 2011 8:11 PM

Jun 2008
Being a Mahou Shoujo = SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

I don't remember Sakura, Nanoha, Fate, or for that matter the entire cast of Sailor Moon being this serious...

Either way, I'm really enjoying this anime, at the beginning it looked so generic and uninteresting, but now...
Jan 27, 2011 8:12 PM

Oct 2010
geasscommander said:
Also Sayaka is going to get her ass kicked by kyouko soon.
What happens if Sayaka is the one beating Kyouko? Problem I see with this though is that Kyouko must be either a)more experienced or b)her powers are far more powerful than Sayaka's. To me Sayaka's wish, how should I say this, does not look like it was formulated with enough feelings.
neji64plms said:
I want to see what happens to Sayaka's story I wish that I could see the next sooooo bad!
I wish to know what happened to Kamijo that makes Sayaka feel guilty.
Ousto said:
My heart sank when I realized that Sayaka made the contract and became a Puella Magi.
Unfortunately not me, I wish we could see how the contract is made so that I can sort out what kind of ritual it can be. Anyways I am going to watch Faust as a movie and read a good translation of the book. Perhaps then I will find more answers.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 27, 2011 8:16 PM

Jun 2008
This show reeks of awesome. And where's mah OP/ED single?
Jan 27, 2011 8:19 PM

Jun 2008
Redfoxoffire said:

Surprisingly....YES!!!

When I first saw the character designs and the synopsis, I almost DIDN'T want to watch....I'm glad I decided to change my mind.
Jan 27, 2011 8:23 PM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Surprisingly....YES!!!

When I first saw the character designs and the synopsis, I almost DIDN'T want to watch....I'm glad I decided to change my mind.

And thank God for whoever uploaded the ED to YouTube. I can't stop watching (and listening)!
Jan 27, 2011 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

Speak for yourself. Those things where part of the attractions this anime had for me.
Jan 27, 2011 8:27 PM

Aug 2010
I really want to see Madoka go mahou shoujo next episode.
Jan 27, 2011 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
Genix said:
alexcampos said:

Speak for yourself. Those things where part of the attractions this anime had for me.

Well, I mean that the characters looked very cutesy and the synopsis was pretty generic.

I never would've imagined that this anime would have such great animation, great music, and an interesting story.

So far, this is my favorite anime of the season, I hope it keeps getting better.
Jan 27, 2011 8:32 PM

Jan 2010
Very much doubt Sayaka dies within the next few episodes or at the very least, not permanently.

She IS the one narrating the last few lines in the elevator in past tense confirming that the shit does indeed hit the fan, but unless she's telling the story from the afterlife or dies and gets resurrected, whatever happens probably won't kill her.

She may die later though, given how both she and Mami are conspicuously absent from Madoka's premonition dream in ep.1.
Jan 27, 2011 8:32 PM

Jan 2010
I can't believe this episode has so many comments already. I haven't even watched it yet.

I have to admit though, I feel tense as it begins. And anything that could be a distraction is off.
Jan 27, 2011 8:41 PM
Sep 2009
alexcampos said:
Well, I mean that the characters looked very cutesy and the synopsis was pretty generic.

I never would've imagined that this anime would have such great animation, great music, and an interesting story.

So far, this is my favorite anime of the season, I hope it keeps getting better.

Ironically enough, it was a friend of mine who was getting really pumped for this anime before it was released while I never thought anything much of it.

Now, he refuses to watch it; meanwhile, this show is slowly becoming one of my favorite anime period.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:38 PM
Jan 27, 2011 8:51 PM
May 2010
BWlw said:

Ironically enough, it was a friend of mine who was getting really pumped for this anime before it was released while I never thought anything much of it.

Now, he refuses to watch it; meanwhile, this show is slowly becoming one of my favorite anime period.

That's hilarious, and I feel sorry for your friend because s/he can't appreciate a genre deconstruction of this level.

I was pumped from the start when I first saw the commercials for an anime-original SHAFT Mahou Shoujo, needless to say this has surpassed my greatest expectations in every way imaginable.
Jan 27, 2011 8:53 PM

Jan 2010
Damn. Looks like Mami is staying dead :(

This is shaping up to be the Neon Genesis of the magic girl genre.
Jan 27, 2011 9:01 PM

Oct 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
And where's mah OP/ED single?
Well you are behind, OP single is out and I have it. It's rather good but I find the ED is more grabbing my attention.
cr1msonambience said:
She may die later though, given how both she and Mami are conspicuously absent from Madoka's premonition dream in ep.1.
I was thinking of the reason as being possibly this but it will only be the Magical Girls faults themselves for fighting each other. They should instead cooperate (they could share the Grief seed since it can have more than one charge to purify their Soul Gems for example) and looks like Mami tried doing that. Guess what? Kyubey certainly did not like the idea at all so he ended that plan. I think Kyubey knows the last enemy and most likely he will not let lots of Magical Girls make it, because it's obvious that he knows the last enemy needs at least 2 or more Magical Girls to defeat it. That's only IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 27, 2011 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
Daidragon1990 said:
Damn. Looks like Mami is staying dead :(

This is shaping up to be the Neon Genesis of the magic girl genre.

Dear lord, let's hope not...

It's just whenever someone mentions NGE, all I can think about is episode 26...

Anyways, it does look like this is totally going to be a MIND RAPE anime.
Jan 27, 2011 9:54 PM

Nov 2010
This anime is getting darker and darker as it goes on. Tbqh, I like it and dislike it at the same time. I'm just waiting for Kyosuke to get fucked up pretty soon.

I like how Kyubey was right there in the hospital when Sayaka wanted to make the wish. Bastard just reeks of evil.
Jan 27, 2011 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
DoubleDango said:

WTF?! That must be he never opens his mouth and always speaks telepathically. LOL
Jan 27, 2011 10:21 PM
Mar 2010
I'm going to anticipate Sayaka and Kyouko to die from now on, Mami's death got me too well by surprise T-T;;
I have a huge hunch that Sayaka will die soon, either by Kyouko, or a witch(more likely than the prior). Even if Sayaka narrated that shit will happen from then on, it doesn't mean she doesn't die, as many stories have characters who die speaking such lines.
My guess on the order of death, assuming all but Madoka will die:
Sayaka -> Kyouko -> Homura (May precede Kyouko)
And of course, according to the Faust references, Kyuubei is probably the final boss of this series. Madoka will have an epic battle, and three(or more) possibilities from there(They are all cliches as my lack of creativity can't beyond them):
1. She dies with Kyuubei to defeat him
2. She wins and loses her power
3. She wins and continues being a Mahou Shoujo, but as someone like Homura, trying to prevent others from making contracts as there will probably be more than one of these devil-ferrets
Jan 27, 2011 10:29 PM

Apr 2009
Practically most of the stuff I wanted to say was already been said.
Other than that, this anime seriously reminds me of Yume Nikki for some reason.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jan 27, 2011 10:36 PM

Jan 2011
ryanxwonbin said:
This anime is getting darker and darker as it goes on. Tbqh, I like it and dislike it at the same time. I'm just waiting for Kyosuke to get fucked up pretty soon.

I like how Kyubey was right there in the hospital when Sayaka wanted to make the wish. Bastard just reeks of evil.
took the words right out of my mouth, it truly is moving away from anything lighthearted,and new girl is out for blood!
Jan 27, 2011 10:47 PM

Feb 2010
Man i cannot wait for the soundtrack for this to come out, LOVED the music during Madoka's self-pity rant in the Witch World, and speaking of that i ADORED the Witch World this time around, very colorful
Jan 27, 2011 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
I actually think that those weird creatures which attacked Madoka are familiars, because they were way too weak to be so easily defeated by Sayaka who is a complete rookie with her powers and at witch hunting at this point. I think they'll go for the actual witch next week with Kyoko to come in and make a mess of things.

More about this episode here!
Jan 27, 2011 11:17 PM
Aug 2009
is there really a cd player like that id like to buy one..
Jan 27, 2011 11:35 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was extremely good, I can't describe how terrified I was during the entire episode. Someone need to add 'horror' genre in this series. Or, even more people will get trolled.

This is, possibly since bakemonogatari, that Shaft's direction is actually working. Atomsphere is so dark and creepy, it's not even mahou shoujo anymore, it's now simply sci-fi thriller. Development within Sayaka's mind was so well toned, Madoka's psychological struggle was very realistic and relevant to the circumstance unlike most of other 'wanna-be psychological' themed animes. Kyoko's word-to-word and Kyuube's evilness was not just terrifying, it was unbearably disturbing even.
Jan 27, 2011 11:51 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode once again.
This is shaping up to be a really awesome show.
Needs next episode now.
Jan 27, 2011 11:53 PM

Jun 2008
Nana-chii said:
alexcampos said:
Nanoha, Fate, or for that matter the entire cast of Sailor Moon being this serious...

Then you weren't watching Nanoha very good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-lZSp4oog
Nanoha was SERIOUS BUSINESS. When she needed to be.

OK, but it still wasn't this DARK...

Seriously, it gives me chills seeing cute little girls being killed the way Mami was.

But, I'm not complaining, I'm totally loving this Anime so far.
Jan 27, 2011 11:59 PM

Jan 2010
I have a feeling Madoka wont become a Mahou Shoujo until That scene at the start of the anime in her dream. The one where Homura was fighting by herself against a giant tree thing and it looked like she was losing. In that scene Madoka wasn't in a Mahou Shoujo costume so she may not of become one yet at that point. Also at the end of the scene Kyubey said "Form a contract with me and become a Mahou Shoujo!"

Sucky thing is I have nooo idea when THAT may happen. It could be the very end or the middle of the series or even the next ep also we still don't even know how long the series will be!!! I will watch this series though even if it takes the whole show for Madoka to become a Mahou shoujo because its wayyy to interesting~

Great episode though!!! Love Sayakas costume and the new girl looks nice even if she becomes a Antagonist. I LOVEEE those anime characters that have the pointed tooth omg its sooo cool!
Jan 28, 2011 12:01 AM

Nov 2010
I'm not sure why, but I couldn't stop smiling when I saw that Sayaka made a contract....mabye because she looked pretty badass...but yea, I can't wait to see her kick some more ass, anime needs more female knights, their damn cool :P.... and Kyubei being right there when all that went down with Sayaka was seriously creepy o.O
Jan 28, 2011 1:26 AM

Feb 2010
very good all round ep.
Jan 28, 2011 1:34 AM

Dec 2008
It's so good to have a series to really look forward to again! This ep was great all around!
Jan 28, 2011 1:37 AM

Sep 2008
Ohoho, Kyubey is such the manipulator.
It was probably him that made Kyousuke snap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 1:45 AM
Dec 2010
im loving the trippy witch worlds!
Jan 28, 2011 2:11 AM
Oct 2009
The atmosphere is so awesomely obscure, just as I love it. From the not so pleasing words coming from a future Sayaka to Madoka's despair, and let's not forget about that strange grin coming from Kamijou, everything was amazing beyond words. And here I thought Nanoha was the only mahou shoujo worth seeing... Well, you really can't expect less from SHAFT + Urobuchi Gen: a total and disturbing deconstruction of mahou shoujo.

Sayonara7 said:
I have a feeling Madoka wont become a Mahou Shoujo until That scene at the start of the anime in her dream. The one where Homura was fighting by herself against a giant tree thing and it looked like she was losing. In that scene Madoka wasn't in a Mahou Shoujo costume so she may not of become one yet at that point. Also at the end of the scene Kyubey said "Form a contract with me and become a Mahou Shoujo!"

I agree, but there is a little something in that scene which bothers me; rather, there isn't something. Yeah, Sayaka. If we are correct, then where the hell will her be? Dead, hurt, missing, living as a witch, acting alone? None of these options sound very nice to me, but Madoka has proved that anything can happen.
TomahJan 28, 2011 2:18 AM
Jan 28, 2011 2:24 AM

Jan 2010
alexcampos said:

I got interested after reading that when Kajiura was reading the script, she got so into it that she missed her train stop. Combined with the seiyuu who were involved, it was easy to give it a chance. Although I had to pause again when I saw the star in the show's name. Also, it didn't hurt that it was arguably the first show to come out this season.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:39 PM
Jan 28, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
I like her.
Me too.
Other than that, except for the episode itself being rather interesting (at least the latter half), the bgm was great as usual.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2011 3:07 AM

Jan 2011
okay.. what's next? Sayaka dies? lol

I wonder Kyouko is as strong as Homura, or maybe stronger? X9

edit: took the courtesy to delete the signature out of your post, and added it to the designated space.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:41 PM
Jan 28, 2011 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
Yay, Sayaka! ♥

Whenever Kyubey talks, he gives me bad vibes. It's like he telling us that he's evil.
Burn, Kyubey, BUUUURRRRN.

War next episode? Can't wait!
Jan 28, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2007
eizeral said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to wonder why this show is called MAHOU SHOUJO Madoka Magica, because I have yet to see Madoka become a frickin' magical girl. I heard this show is supposed to be only 12-13 episodes (god I hope that's wrong) and Madoka still has yet to become a f**king MS after 4 episodes? Wtf! Okay, becoming a mahou shoujo is a big deal, we get it!! But seriously, enough is enough! If she's not a mahou shoujo by the fifth episode, I'm done with this anime. It's reaaaally bugging me.

I think theres a high possibility that we wont see Madoka becoming a Mahou Shoujo. In Faust, Gretchen was saved by "God" because she resisted Mephistos temptations and chose death over freedom in the end.
Jan 28, 2011 3:27 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, now this was really something else from what I watch everyday...and the troublesome thing is that one way or another, I really like the show.
Jan 28, 2011 3:31 AM

Aug 2009
Good job Shaft.

Overall, it is currently the best episode, because this time it was not only the alternative world that was interesting.
-Fixing-
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

628 by GuhTheJado »»
Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.