Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2017
What an intense conversation between Reinhard and Mittermeyer. This situation traps everyone, not just Reuenthal.
Nov 12, 2018 2:31 PM
Apr 2018
Oh no, Mittermeyer is going to fucking die. I have no idea who will "win"; the empire seems that it will be destroyed from within. At least Lang was arrested.

It doesn't matter who wins the upcoming battle, ti seems I'll get sad. Mittemeyer, Reuental... Don't die.
Nov 26, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like they're all accusing Oberstein when it's actually not him
But Rubinsky and the Terrarist.. also Lang but he's just a pawn
All is according to plan once again, the only side that you should be suspicious at
No one, not even one suspected them... That's really disappointing

Mittermeyer is really broken, he didn't want his best friend become a traitor
Little did he know it was orchestrated

"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Can't wait to see what Oberstein has planned.

And boy, things are getting pretty intense again. I don't want to see Mittermeyer die.. well, first we gotta see how many soldiers Reuenthal will be able to round up.

Learning that Hilda is pregnant was also a pretty big OMG moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2020 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
Throughout these past episodes I have finally understood the meaning of Oberstein lines after Kircheis' death. Of course he must be the darkness of the Empire so the light of it can shine as brightly as it can. I must say I respect and admire him more than anybody else in this series. Talleyrand would be most proud of him.

Speaking of Monsieur de Talleyrand, I was very satisfied to know that the Galactic Fouché was arrested. He is a most dangerous element for the Empire, even more than Reuental himself. Everyone was right in not trusting him, and I think Oberstein's worst mistake was to have used him.

I understand that this revolt is done purely out of pride by the main contenders, though I must side with Reinhard on this one. This conflict is heavily based on the personal vendettas between the three Imperial Fleet Admirals (or should I say between the Twin Stars and Oberstein), which Oberstein always warden against of (though I must concede he did stimulate it)

Regarding Reuental's accusation of Oberstein and Lang's monopolization of power, though it's true that his accusation against Lang was most righteous, I cannot call the accusation against Oberstein any more than a libel. As of now, no one has yet been purged from the Empire on Oberstein's command (at least no one we know about), and Reuental's past affair/incident was, as I said, born purely of the grudge held against him by Lang and viceversa. In any way, Oberstein did, as I said, stimulate the circumstances for that grudge to grow, if not to be born. Even so, I still think most of the hate against Oberstein, aside from the one inherent to his "reason of state" led actions, is unjustified. It's either born out of misconceptions of ambition (by Reuental, Mittermeyer and most of the high ranking admirals) or misunderstandings/personal feelings (by Bergengrun and most of the lesser ranking admirals).

Lang's death flag is already on the rise, courtesy of the narrator.
However, I had to start rising Oberstein's death flag too, against my will. He has too many enemies for his position to be stable on its own. "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" is a maxim that will lead to his ultimate fall from grace (or God forbid, loss of life) due to himself not following it. He has no friends and has let his enemies grow in number and strength. He will fall into the state where only the future historians can reivindicate him. As I said in the previous episode's forum, I'm afraid he will be trapped by the same gambit he used by making Lichtenlade a scapegoat for Kircheis' death. He will be the one to blame for everything, and knowing almost everyone is wary or outright hates him, he will make the perfect sacrificial lamb. Though of course, he is nothing like a lamb, he is more like a raven.

Reuental's death flag is also on the shadows, still not rising, yet menacingly present.

I also had to painfully start rising Mittermeyer's death flag. He already cheated death once in the battlefield at Iserlohn corridor, and I wonder if he will cheat her again. Also, his last conversation with Evangeline worried me deeply. As seen with Lutz's fiancee, death can sometimes be a envious lady.

Hilda is now pregnant. She is in the most dire of situations, as she now cannot refuse Reinhard's proposal, as he could insist even more based on his sense of duty and responsibility. In any way, her child is of Imperial blood, which would change her life dramatically. I do think it was wise from her to have remained silent, as the Reuental's Revolt and this could have a serious impact on the Kaiser's health and mental wellbeing.

I must note that I didn't notice that Emil had been injured on Urvashi. Was it the same shot that injured Muller?
Apr 17, 2021 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
Even in death, Lutz helped Kaiser.

Truly an MVP
Sep 4, 2021 4:20 PM

Dec 2018
so sick of Lang
how is he anywhere near government when he's obviously untrustworthy
pro tip for newbs: never trust anyone that talks way way too much, or spends a creepy amount of time trying to flatter you, usually it's to keep you distracted from uncovering something about them
as for oberstein, if he was maybe less autistic he wouldn't have a problem. i have no issues with him, except for maybe his inability to reason with methods. his thinking is all end game oriented, but what about after that?
StateofOhayoSep 4, 2021 4:35 PM
Feb 10, 2022 3:37 AM

Jul 2016
SaiDrew said:
Oh no, Mittermeyer is going to fucking die. I have no idea who will "win"; the empire seems that it will be destroyed from within. At least Lang was arrested.

It doesn't matter who wins the upcoming battle, ti seems I'll get sad. Mittemeyer, Reuental... Don't die.

I keep seeing Mittermeyer death flags...
Jun 27, 2022 5:15 PM

Dec 2007
i'm the only one thinks that hilda's pregnant is the best thing that could happen to reinhard in rubinsky/earth cult strategy? i just can see that makes the whole continuation of the empire being reassured. and more than that, more reason for hilda to be married to reinhard and become the keisarin.
with that being said, only getting sick isn't 100% pregnancy lol.

my main problem with the following is the narrator's saying 10 episodes ago myrtymyer and reunthal having their last drink. which means that from here on we cannot expect for things to go well rather on reunthal or myrtymer.
in fact, i just hate how this anime makes death flags. it's almost certain now by myrtmyer goodbye to eva that he's going to get killed.
Aug 2, 2022 4:20 PM
Jun 2022
An okay episode, but I’ll give this one a 4/5 just for the Mitt’s part trying
to convince Reinhard and Oberstein scaring the shite out of tha weasel Lang. Conflict seems inevitable tho, and that’s a shame.

So, it seems Hilde is pregnant. Reinhard’s golden slime has done the
. Sheeh trick
Aug 2, 2022 4:32 PM
Jun 2022
Something I forgot to say in my review: c’mon guys, Paul Von Oberstein is a fantastic character. He is not up to betray Reinhard or anything, he only wants prosperity and stability for his Kaiser’s reign. That’s blatantly obvious. You may not like his methods, but there’s not a single dull episode when he’s on ours screens.

OBERSTEIN = MVP.
Feb 20, 2023 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was full Mittermeyer from the beggining to the end and I really love it

I doubt that Oberstein and Lang would have gotten removed at any case, well Lang maybe but not Ober

Seeing the vision of all the most elite admirals dying in the future really is saddening, so much talent put at stake over things none even fully knows.

That kiss scene with Mittermeyer and his wife Eva is probably the saddest soldier saying farewell to his loved one scene ive seen so far. Things just can't look promising after showcasing something like that.

Sep 15, 2023 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
May 3, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.