Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 10, 2014 5:12 AM
Jan 2014
Mormegil said:
I strongly doubt Bleach will keep going for at least another 10 years, unless Kubo manages to rise in the rankings. This week, it was in the bottom four, and it's been progressively dropping for weeks now. He's got tankobon sales to fall back on, sure, but for how long will this continue?

Jump #30 (04/07):
ST&RS (New Series, Cover & Lead Color, 54 pg.)
One Piece
Toriko
Beelzebub (Color Page, Results Popularity Contest)
Bakuman
Naruto
Gintama
Reborn!
Kochikame (Color Page, 35th Year Special Project)
Hanasaka Ikkyu
Magico
Sket Dance
Nurarihyon no Mago (Color Page)
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Basket
Inumarudashi
Bleach
Enigma
Sengoku Armors
Meruhen Ouji Grimm

Anyway, Toriko has replaced Bleach's position in the Big 3, it seems.

ranks only matter for series that haven't made it big or just started ,,, kochikame doesnt sell well and has horrible rankings but it can go on forever , same goes for bleach but bleach actually sells well compared to other series ,,, top 15 in overall sales each year saves any manga from cancellation ,, kubo can go for 10+ years if he wants
Nov 10, 2014 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
God I fucking hope not, not anything but I will feel bad for Kubo seeing his manga being on the last ranks of Shounen Jump every week.
Nov 10, 2014 1:36 PM
Nov 2014
detectivekillua said:
Mormegil said:
I strongly doubt Bleach will keep going for at least another 10 years, unless Kubo manages to rise in the rankings. This week, it was in the bottom four, and it's been progressively dropping for weeks now. He's got tankobon sales to fall back on, sure, but for how long will this continue?

Jump #30 (04/07):
ST&RS (New Series, Cover & Lead Color, 54 pg.)
One Piece
Toriko
Beelzebub (Color Page, Results Popularity Contest)
Bakuman
Naruto
Gintama
Reborn!
Kochikame (Color Page, 35th Year Special Project)
Hanasaka Ikkyu
Magico
Sket Dance
Nurarihyon no Mago (Color Page)
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Basket
Inumarudashi
Bleach
Enigma
Sengoku Armors
Meruhen Ouji Grimm

Anyway, Toriko has replaced Bleach's position in the Big 3, it seems.

ranks only matter for series that haven't made it big or just started ,,, kochikame doesnt sell well and has horrible rankings but it can go on forever , same goes for bleach but bleach actually sells well compared to other series ,,, top 15 in overall sales each year saves any manga from cancellation ,, kubo can go for 10+ years if he wants

But Toriko still needs to beat Bleach in sales, so far it still sells less than Bleach. I doubt Toriko can surpass its 200k-300K mark per volume. Bleach still sells 400K-500k - 600k(after a year) per volume.
BirimbauNov 10, 2014 1:47 PM
Nov 19, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
The hell!? I thought it was almost over.
Jul 17, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
SuperRed said:
I don't think so, it has 2 years left at most.

Lol, it seems I was right :P
Jul 18, 2016 9:42 PM
Oct 2015
c
SuperRed said:
SuperRed said:
I don't think so, it has 2 years left at most.

congrats xD I hope it doesnt get a idiotic next gen sequel like naruto.
Jul 18, 2016 11:11 PM

Nov 2014
pratiksingh1594 said:
c
SuperRed said:

congrats xD I hope it doesnt get a idiotic next gen sequel like naruto.
hopefully it will die, so that I can finally continue reading manga.

Jul 19, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit I remember this thread, can't believe I commented all those years ago. Well Bleach has lasted 6 years out of the promised 10, and that's pretty damn good honestly (If it gets a direct sequel it might go the other 4 years, who knows?).
Jul 20, 2016 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Holy shit I remember this thread, can't believe I commented all those years ago. Well Bleach has lasted 6 years out of the promised 10, and that's pretty damn good honestly (If it gets a direct sequel it might go the other 4 years, who knows?).

It won't get that sequel, the reason it ends is not because Kubo wants it, he has no choice but to end it due to the lack of popularity. Kubo told the guys at Shounen Jump he wanted to continue for 5 or so years like 1 year ago, they told him he could only continue for 1 year or so. Which is why the last 50 chapters or so were ''Rushed''. IIRC an interview not to long ago said Bleach will end in like a dozen chapters. If it's true then it'll be either ultra rushed or be a major asspull. I'd prefer the rush to the asspull by far. Let's hope the end is at least decent.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jul 20, 2016 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
TheKawaiiZombie said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

It won't get that sequel, the reason it ends is not because Kubo wants it, he has no choice but to end it due to the lack of popularity. Kubo told the guys at Shounen Jump he wanted to continue for 5 or so years like 1 year ago, they told him he could only continue for 1 year or so. Which is why the last 50 chapters or so were ''Rushed''. IIRC an interview not to long ago said Bleach will end in like a dozen chapters. If it's true then it'll be either ultra rushed or be a major asspull. I'd prefer the rush to the asspull by far. Let's hope the end is at least decent.

You got a source on that, lol? I really doubt it got rushed or canned. I keep repeating it but ppl really need to stop making these assumptions and consider that this might be Kubo's decision. Jump axing a show that still guarantees 1-2 mil copies sold every year for some new show that they don't even know how it will do? sure it's not as popular or I guess "mainstream" as it was in it's prime but it's still popular enought to sell that much so it doesn't make any sense at all, if rankings mattered it would have been axed 3-4 years ago.
BigBossJul 20, 2016 11:20 PM

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 21, 2016 2:00 AM

Mar 2014
BigBoss said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:

You got a source on that, lol? I really doubt it got rushed or canned. I keep repeating it but ppl really need to stop making these assumptions and consider that this might be Kubo's decision. Jump axing a show that still guarantees 1-2 mil copies sold every year for some new show that they don't even know how it will do? sure it's not as popular or I guess "mainstream" as it was in it's prime but it's still popular enought to sell that much so it doesn't make any sense at all, if rankings mattered it would have been axed 3-4 years ago.

I don't have the article right now, like i said i read that like 1 year ago, i'll have to find it back. Also, sales aren't the only important thing. Take in consideration Bleach is almost always LAST in the rankings. Bleach also doesn't sell anywhere close to what it used to. If i find the article where i read that i'll post the link here.
If you want the link for Bleach ending next month or so, that one i know i can find easily.
TheKawaiiZombieJul 21, 2016 2:11 AM

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jul 21, 2016 2:17 AM

Aug 2010
TheKawaiiZombie said:
I don't have the article right now, like i said i read that like 1 year ago, i'll have to find it back.

Dunno, sounds like a fake article, never heard anything along those lines on the Bleach forums or even the subreddit. Something that big would probably make news headlines on multiple sites but never heard anything of it.
Also, sales aren't the only important thing. Take in consideration Bleach is almost always LAST in the rankings. Bleach also doesn't sell anywhere close to what it used to.

Yes they are, Bleach is the prime example of that, like I said if rankings mattered that much Bleach would be axed at least 4 years ago because they were low from that time. I don't think you understand that even tho it's not selling the way it used to sell it still outsells half of the magazine even without an anime adaptation, you do realize that? now from a business standpoint, why would you axe or rush a project that is bringing you guaranteed sales every year for a new project that will probably not sell over 100k? I don't think even Jump is that stupid, honestly.

If you want the link for Bleach ending next month or so, that one i know i can find easily.

Already seen that one, doesn't say anything about it being axed tho. Just something a former editor said.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 21, 2016 2:24 AM

Mar 2014
BigBoss said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:
I don't have the article right now, like i said i read that like 1 year ago, i'll have to find it back.

Dunno, sounds like a fake article, never heard anything along those lines on the Bleach forums or even the subreddit. Something that big would probably make news headlines on multiple sites but never heard anything of it.
Also, sales aren't the only important thing. Take in consideration Bleach is almost always LAST in the rankings. Bleach also doesn't sell anywhere close to what it used to.

Yes they are, Bleach is the prime example of that, like I said if rankings mattered that much Bleach would be axed at least 4 years ago because they were low from that time. I don't think you understand that even tho it's not selling the way it used to sell it still outsells half of the magazine even without an anime adaptation, you do realize that? now from a business standpoint, why would you axe or rush a project that is bringing you guaranteed sales every year for a new project that will probably not sell over 100k? I don't think even Jump is that stupid, honestly.

The sales drop year after year, that is not a reason to axe it in one go but it is one to start getting the manga to end. If, say, the 10th year it makes 2m, then the 12th it makes 1,5m, then the 14th it makes 1m, it means you better start ending it or it won't get you much money a couple years from now.

Also, i'm pretty sure it's true that Bleach ends in like 6 chapters because IIRC there was something in vol. 73 saying vol. 74 would be the last. If it's the case then it obviously will be rushed, you can't end what's there with a single volume. You'd need at the very least 2 volumes to end it.

Jul 21, 2016 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
TheKawaiiZombie said:
BigBoss said:

The sales drop year after year, that is not a reason to axe it in one go but it is one to start getting the manga to end. If, say, the 10th year it makes 2m, then the 12th it makes 1,5m, then the 14th it makes 1m, it means you better start ending it or it won't get you much money a couple years from now.

Also, i'm pretty sure it's true that Bleach ends in like 6 chapters because IIRC there was something in vol. 73 saying vol. 74 would be the last. If it's the case then it obviously will be rushed, you can't end what's there with a single volume. You'd need at the very least 2 volumes to end it.

But that's the thing tho. Sales for 2014 were close to 3 mil, 2015 was around 2.7. mil even if you go by that drop pace it will still be profitable no matter how you look at it for at least couple of years and Kubo would have more than enough time to wrap it up. I would understand them canning it if it's barely selling half a mil a year but the way it is now? doubt it. I'm not really doubting and debating about if it's ending or not as from what the 2 editors said it will end in less than 10 chapters, all I'm saying is that ppl should stop jumping on the "Jump fucked up Bleach" train without considering that it might be Kubo, all I'm saying is that.

Jul 21, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 2014
BigBoss said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:

But that's the thing tho. Sales for 2014 were close to 3 mil, 2015 was around 2.7. mil even if you go by that drop pace it will still be profitable no matter how you look at it for at least couple of years and Kubo would have more than enough time to wrap it up. I would understand them canning it if it's barely selling half a mil a year but the way it is now? doubt it. I'm not really doubting and debating about if it's ending or not as from what the 2 editors said it will end in less than 10 chapters, all I'm saying is that ppl should stop jumping on the "Jump fucked up Bleach" train without considering that it might be Kubo, all I'm saying is that.

I'm not saying Jump fucked Bleach, Kubo actually fucked Bleach though. The arc after Aizen was awful, not to mentions parts of the current arc were bad. Some of the current arc was pretty good though.

Jul 21, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2010
TheKawaiiZombie said:
BigBoss said:

I'm not saying Jump fucked Bleach, Kubo actually fucked Bleach though. The arc after Aizen was awful, not to mentions parts of the current arc were bad. Some of the current arc was pretty good though.

I'm just addressing this
the reason it ends is not because Kubo wants it
because it might be the case and I've seen way too many ppl go and blame the pace of the manga or it being rushed on Jump and not even considering it being Kubo's decision.

Jul 21, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
BigBoss said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:

I'm just addressing this
the reason it ends is not because Kubo wants it
because it might be the case and I've seen way too many ppl go and blame the pace of the manga or it being rushed on Jump and not even considering it being Kubo's decision.

Well, for now we don't know if Kubo is the one deciding about Bleach ending, maybe he'll tell it in an interview soon.

Jul 21, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2010
TheKawaiiZombie said:
BigBoss said:

I'm just addressing this

Well, for now we don't know if Kubo is the one deciding about Bleach ending, maybe he'll tell it in an interview soon.

Yes, hence why I used words like "doubt and consider" in my posts, I'm not really claiming it to be a definitive conclusion but more things are pointing it to be his decision rather than it being Jump's fault for it ending this soon and that ppl shouldn't rule out that possibility rather than go and say it got "axed" or that Kubo doesn't have a choice because Jump told him to end it, doubt we we will ever find out tho.

Jul 21, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
It's really obvious his hand has been forced. We know how Kubo likes to do things, and it's not like this. Bleach has been low in rankings for a long time now, it's no surprise it's ending soon. I remember reading that interview with him years back where he had all these ideas of what he was going to do post Aizen. 90% of what he said hasn't been able to come to pass, obviously due to his hand being forced.
Jul 21, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
I knew it'd be nowhere near 10 years. Kubo was way too optimistic. lol
Jul 26, 2016 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Mormegil said:
I knew it'd be nowhere near 10 years. Kubo was way too optimistic. lol

6-7 ish years isn't so bad :L
Jul 26, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
That one anime about the manga business was right. If you don't sell they will axe your ass. Bleach wasn't that good to begin with. Sigh.....these creators that make these long series just want money at the end of the day so they say," IT will be 10 years before I finish my story." I swear it seems manga creators just want to live off one IP for the rest of their life and not make anything new.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 26, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2015
MasterHavik said:
That one anime about the manga business was right. If you don't sell they will axe your ass. Bleach wasn't that good to begin with. Sigh.....these creators that make these long series just want money at the end of the day so they say," IT will be 10 years before I finish my story." I swear it seems manga creators just want to live off one IP for the rest of their life and not make anything new.

bleach manga will end this year , it only took 6 years :3
Jul 26, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
-City_Hunter- said:
MasterHavik said:

bleach manga will end this year , it only took 6 years :3
LOL Kubo kicking himself because he wanted more Bleach dollars. Let's see what he can do with a new title.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.