Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awe it was so cute when they were working at the shop! and it was funny to how he jus told them to work X3 hmm her friend is smart she like physic or something haha... wow i can believe she lost the watch! but she saved some1 in the process so thats good =D and it was kinda rude how she didnt say sorry there... but it was nice to send the letter =) hmm i wonder why she couldnt go to that skool... like they moved back right? idk it was all confusing DX but it was a really good epi! ^^
Jan 14, 2011 6:15 PM
Jun 2010
Overall I think this episode was just...meh. The transformation scene was beautiful but I don't understand why she had to get all dressed up just to get a watch no matter how expensive it is.
Jul 20, 2011 7:03 PM

May 2009
If you were a little girl who's just lost her dad's watch, and you don't want your friend to pay several hundred USD to buy another one...wouldn't you be pretty desperate?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 3, 2012 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
i'm amazed she didn't lose didn't lose it before it's way too big for her hand....
that Saya woman is really annoying....acting like a mysterious character....
Jan 20, 2013 4:57 AM

Nov 2012
oh god the tasks involving the djinn are already getting more and more stressful for ichika :( it's been so long since i'd watched this show that i forgot quite how upsetting it is. i mean, you're watching a 14 year old girl really struggling to breathe as she reaches for her quickly disappearing father's watch. and it only gets worse from here on out.
Dec 3, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
Whelp, a fanservicey beach episode. Luckily, it wasn't overwhelming.

You'd think that a father with an expensive watch wouldn't let her daughter bring it to the beach...

Michiru is a very mysterious girl. She noticed that something was odd about Manatsu right away.

Also, what djinn did Ichika use this episode? It didn't look like the water djinn so maybe...the metal detector djinn?? :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
beach episode! luckily it wasn't too fanservicey.
so ichika calling the djinns is some sort of "test" huh?

Noodle070 said:
Also, what djinn did Ichika use this episode? It didn't look like the water djinn so maybe...the metal detector djinn?? :p

i was wondering about that too. the sand djinn, maybe? lol
Nov 17, 2015 4:30 AM

Apr 2009
3 done 9 left to go.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Yo beach episode. I'm still not sure what to think of this show. It does equally as many good things as it does bad things so far. I'm definitely interested in watching more though.
Jun 13, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
Beach episode.. Well, I guess, we got a bit about characters and story, and let's relax a bit before going further.. ;p
This woman always observing from the roofs.. I guess she was trained with assassins, or something.. ;P
Why everyone can recognize rich watch or something like that?.. Is it common knowledge or something?.. I wouldn't be able to recognize expensive one from just some 50 dollars one or something..
And now we get dream under water.. These miracles I really personally will take as dream likes.. If I'd see such dream, really.. It'd be an emotional dream..
Well, I mean.. If his father just casually wears such expensive watch.. He's probably rich as fuck.. And he probably would prefer his daughter alive than a saved watch..
And yeah.. In the end.. Life not always goes the best way.. It's sad, when your friend gets into family problems, and you get separated.. Maybe for Ichika and her this friend their relationship meant a lot.. Or even if not, it still is sad to be in position, where you are rich one, and your friend gets into financial misfortune.. It's a bit hard to feel.. Because I'm not rich anyway, and maybe some people who watch it - aren't rich anyway as well.. But I still can feel Ichika in this situation.. It seems she has some heavy friendships of the past..
I didn't understand ending too well.. Did Nao and Ichika made up in the letter?.. Well, it seems that it's so.. But what happened with the watch everyone was risking their lives for?.. Did Ichika gave it to Nao or something?.. Or maybe I just misread some hint that made it look like this to me.. Either way.. People have their problems in their lives, aren't they?..
Oct 18, 2021 8:31 PM
Dec 2017
Fanservice in this show really isn't that necessary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 9 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 20, 2011

16 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 5 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 8 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

10 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.