Forum Settings
Forums
Missions of Love
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 22, 2010 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
Which boy do you prefer? :3 For either yourself or Yukina or both, if you want. >D

I loooooove Kitami Shigure. He's so much fun to watch. I enjoy boys who act like jerks at the beginning of series....because that's just going to mean they're going to develop later...and that's exciting and squeeful to see! I can never resist a male tsundere!
plus he's so FINE.... XD

Yukina is the PERFECT girl for him. I can't see him with anyone else but her. I think they're soul mates, I do. :D Why was Yukina the one to find the ID book? DESTINY OF COURSE!! XD So yeah, I think he's the best match for her because she brings out the best in him...she is the one to change him into less of a jerk and that's win.
I'd also choose him in Yukina's shoes. :3

As for Akira.......I was "meh, w/e, he's boring" with him until chapter 10....then I started getting annoyed with him, and by chapter 14, I hated his guts. XD I hate the way he looks, hate the way he talks, hate his creepy stalker behavior, most of all hate the way he tries to keep Yukina from liking Shigure. SHE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND SHE IS FREE TO LOVE WHOEVER SHE WANTS!! D:<

So naturally, I hate AkiraxYukina. SO MUCH. I think liking her brings out the worst side of him. He's sweet until he sees her with Shigure and turns into this clingy, desperate, jealous, pushy, hypocritical jerk. And even though Yukina looks uncomfortable when he tries to make moves on her, this doesn't seem to bother him. So I find that pretty selfish of him too. >_> He does get points for chapter 18....but he still has that "I'm jealous, please love ME!!" attitude.......which I just find pathetic in a man. This may come from my own experiences of dealing with "Akiras" from my own past though.

..........and forgot to mention that I find incest YUCKY. XD I know cousinxcousin is normal in Japan....but that doesn't stop me from going "Ew, that's wrong!"
Of course "Ew, that's wrong!" is a reaction that can be expressed at many "normal" things in Japan.....XD;

But MamixAkira is an awesome pairing. Their characters work well together. Besides, that will leave my beloved YukinaxKitami alone! XD
ChiibiNov 22, 2010 10:06 PM

Nov 22, 2010 10:19 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, definitely Shigure. He's just too freaking awesome for words, that's all there is to it.

I agree with the MamixAkira thing too, they work very well together. Although I doubt, from Yukina's reaction of her, she would want Mami joining the family any time soon XD
KipperchaNov 22, 2010 10:33 PM
Nov 23, 2010 12:48 PM
Aug 2008
I don't find Akira particulary annoying, but I do see your point. But, to defend him, he did actually not want to be so aggressive in his love towards Yukina. His plan was to ignore his feelings for her and just appreciate the good relationship they had, until Shigure came along and he realized he couldn't afford to lose her to that asshole. "She's falling for him. She deserves better than that. I'm better than that asshole, I should fight for her!" (Or, it's been a while since I read the start, but that's the impression I'm left with anyway.)

With that being said... I prefer Shigure! I like his personality. I love the dark guys, always my favorites, the all time favorite is the Shadow King Kyouya. And Shigure falls into this category too, but he's starting to change towards Yukina. I think they work really good together. Both have masks they take off when they're alone together, and they are both starting to change.. There are more depth to their relationship in a way, I think.

Of course, we all know she ends up with Shigure in the end. It's sad that you almost always know who the protagonist ends up with after ch. 1.. Well, it makes the experience of reading a manga different when you know the outcome, and that isn't allways all bad, but sometimes I like to actually not know the ending. Anyone seriously believe she'll end up with Akira?
Nov 23, 2010 3:33 PM

Nov 2008
TheWildRose said:
"She's falling for him. She deserves better than that. I'm better than that asshole, I should fight for her!" (Or, it's been a while since I read the start, but that's the impression I'm left with anyway.)

Yeah....which would make him self-righteous to boot. >_> Another annoying quality of his. XD

With that being said... I prefer Shigure! I like his personality. I love the dark guys, always my favorites, the all time favorite is the Shadow King Kyouya. And Shigure falls into this category too, but he's starting to change towards Yukina. I think they work really good together. Both have masks they take off when they're alone together, and they are both starting to change.. There are more depth to their relationship in a way, I think.

Yup. :3

Nov 28, 2010 11:02 PM

May 2010
Aw, dont bash Akira! T.T

I like him. He is cute.
Hes so nice to Y, and I want her to be with him. So far.

But i like Shigure too! >.<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 8, 2010 5:27 AM
Mar 2010
Chiibi said:
Which boy do you prefer? :3 For either yourself or Yukina or both, if you want. >D

I loooooove Kitami Shigure. He's so much fun to watch. I enjoy boys who act like jerks at the beginning of series....because that's just going to mean they're going to develop later...and that's exciting and squeeful to see! I can never resist a male tsundere!
plus he's so FINE.... XD

Yukina is the PERFECT girl for him. I can't see him with anyone else but her. I think they're soul mates, I do. :D Why was Yukina the one to find the ID book? DESTINY OF COURSE!! XD So yeah, I think he's the best match for her because she brings out the best in him...she is the one to change him into less of a jerk and that's win.

As for Akira.......I was "meh, w/e, he's boring" with him until chapter 10....then I started getting annoyed with him, and by chapter 14, I hated his guts. XD I hate the way he looks, hate the way he talks, hate his creepy stalker behavior, most of all hate the way he tries to keep Yukina from liking Shigure. SHE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND SHE IS FREE TO LOVE WHOEVER SHE WANTS!! D:<

So naturally, I hate AkiraxYukina. SO MUCH. I think liking her brings out the worst side of him. He's sweet until he sees her with Shigure and turns into this clingy, desperate, jealous, pushy, hypocritical jerk. And even though Yukina looks uncomfortable when he tries to make moves on her, this doesn't seem to bother him. So I find that pretty selfish of him too. >_> He does get points for chapter 18....but he still has that "I'm jealous, please love ME!!" attitude.......which I just find pathetic in a man. This may come from my own experiences of dealing with "Akiras" from my own past though.

..........and forgot to mention that I find incest YUCKY. XD I know cousinxcousin is normal in Japan....but that doesn't stop me from going "Ew, that's wrong!"
Of course "Ew, that's wrong!" is a reaction that can be expressed at many "normal" things in Japan.....XD;

But MamixAkira is an awesome pairing. Their characters work well together. Besides, that will leave my beloved YukinaxKitami alone! XD

yo agree with the incest part well i'm an atheist but i follow christian teachings and incest is a no and i would like shigura beter than him arkira is such an ass SATAN OUT
Jan 13, 2011 9:49 PM
Dec 2008
IchigoHollowfi said:
Aw, dont bash Akira! T.T

I like him. He is cute.
Hes so nice to Y, and I want her to be with him. So far.

But i like Shigure too! >.<

Some1 Who Thinks Like Me!!!!
He's Cute!!
Y Did They Have 2 B Cousins.Y!!!!!!
Jan 14, 2011 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
Shigure, all the way :3

Akari is obviously just a third wheel, who doesn't have the slightest chance, but fails to realize this and always getting in the way of progress.
He would make a great pair with Mami though.
Jan 14, 2011 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
Akira
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 17, 2011 7:22 AM

Aug 2010
Akira >_<
Feb 18, 2011 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
Akira. Way cuter. :P Shigure is annoying to me. > A>

Feb 22, 2011 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Macha said:
Akira. Way cuter. :P

Sure....if you like bottomless pit sheepdogs, I guess.... :p

Apr 28, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
I like Akira, but I want to be Shigure finished with Yukina :)) >_<

Sorry for my english X)
Aug 7, 2011 10:14 AM

Jul 2011
i like shigure better he seemed like a bastard at the beginning but he turned out to be a nice guy who just wants the girl he likes fall in love with so he can fall in love with her and be with her

akira seems ok he is bit overprotective of yukina but thats only because he is a bit jealous of shigure, also i find the whole incest thing a bit disgusting WHY WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR COUSIN? dont get me wrong i dont hate akira its just because i prefer shigure over him
Sep 1, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Shigure for Yukina and Akira for Mami. :)
Akira is better for Yukina if she does love him , i hate his jealous antics.
I think it will be cute if Akira ends up with Mami.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 3, 2011 2:11 AM
Jul 2010
I love them both D:
But i think Akira is cuter with Yukina...
But the fact is shigure needs Yukina and she needs him ):
IF MAMI AND AKIRA END UP TOGETHER I WILL THROW A HISSY FIT. ):
Sep 3, 2011 6:05 AM

May 2010
Chiibi said:

plus he's so FINE.... XD

I agree with everything including how annoying akira's behavior towards yukina is,but i think you are misunderstanding the incest part,incest is not cousin x cousin,it is the romantic love between any really close blood relationship like father x daughter.....
Sep 3, 2011 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
their still blood related since their cousins, it may not be incest but it still puts people off if akira likes her even though they are family, i hope they tell the readers that they are not related by blood then it wouldn't be so gross
Sep 3, 2011 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
First cousin relationships are considered incest in the USA. >_>

Nov 13, 2011 12:28 AM
Nov 2011
Aww :( Please don't bad mouth Akira... He's just being cute (and I don't hate incest so I kind of understand how he feels)... Despite all my words.. I voted for ShigurexYukina :3 I just can't have enough of how they progress.. Cute lil' Akira-kun should go for Mami-chan since they suit each other!! xD And that patting-Mami's-head is so for him!! xD I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw that xD sorry for the wrong grammar.. :)
Nov 15, 2011 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
armelle22 said:
Aww :( Please don't bad mouth Akira... He's just being cute

Sorry, I just don't find him cute...unless it's when he's with Mami. :3

Nov 24, 2011 5:26 PM
Nov 2011
Chiibi said:
Sorry, I just don't find him cute...unless it's when he's with Mami. :3

Yeah.. he's super cute when he's with Mami.. xD
Nov 26, 2011 8:49 PM
Nov 2011
LOLing at all this cousin-incest bashing, since most people's first crushes are their cousins when they're young. Just, lol.

Guys, it's Japanese manga. You're going to have to learn to deal with incest pairings being legitimately GOOD PAIRINGS, and even sometimes *LE GASP* THE OTP OF A MANGA! o(O0O)o

T_T

Anyways.

I just think Yukina is acting like a bit of a (mega) bi- meanie, but I like her with Shigure better. Not because I like him better. I like Akira better. But she'll never be able to feel the same way about him since she's in love with Shigure, so I wouldn't want Akira to have to suffer. :|
Nov 27, 2011 3:48 PM

Nov 2008
AliceUnknown said:
LOLing at all this cousin-incest bashing, since most people's first crushes are their cousins when they're young. Just, lol.

What?

Speak for yourself! I never had the hots for my cousins when I was little and I don't know anyone else who did either.

You're going to have to learn to deal with incest pairings being legitimately GOOD PAIRINGS, and even sometimes *LE GASP* THE OTP OF A MANGA!

Yeeeeah, not only do I stay far away from those type of manga, AkiraxYukina isn't even a legitimately good pairing. In fact, it's probably the worst one I've encountered in a shoujo manga in ten years. I can give you ten reasons why it sucks, right off the top of my head. :D
ChiibiNov 27, 2011 3:52 PM

May 1, 2012 8:11 PM
Jan 2012
If Akira and Yukina are third cousins, then I would go for Akira; but to bad, they are first cousin. I won't tolerate incest no matter what, because I don't like my child be married to my brother's or sister's kid. I don't say for the people who believes in incest to change their beliefs but really its just wrong to my point of view.

I still like this manga because the incest factor is kinda new for me, but I would not like Akira and Yukina ended up together.

SO GO SHIGURE!
May 5, 2012 3:43 AM

Aug 2007
I don't judge potential couples on the fact that they are family or not. Akira is just too much of a wimp, although he can be a wolf in sheeps clothing. Shigure is just awesome. <3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 18, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2012
I like Akira! Especially the Mami x Akira duo! I like Mami more when she's with Akira and they look cute together~!
Jan 18, 2013 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
Shiguree all the way. I have to agree that Akira is a bit annoying...I just don't really like him :P

Apr 18, 2013 7:06 PM
Apr 2012
Chiibi said:
AliceUnknown said:

What?

Speak for yourself! I never had the hots for my cousins when I was little and I don't know anyone else who did either.

You're going to have to learn to deal with incest pairings being legitimately GOOD PAIRINGS, and even sometimes *LE GASP* THE OTP OF A MANGA!

Yeeeeah, not only do I stay far away from those type of manga, AkiraxYukina isn't even a legitimately good pairing. In fact, it's probably the worst one I've encountered in a shoujo manga in ten years. I can give you ten reasons why it sucks, right off the top of my head. :D

You only need one reason to justify why he sucks: premeditated attempted RAPE.

I don't care that he didn't actually get the chance to commit it, but the fact that he is psycho enough to try and make Yukina his lover by "breaking their trust by forcing her to do something she doesn't want" is just beyond DISGUSTING.

It's a shame really. I used to like him. Shitty development on the authors part (but I think she's gotten to the point all shoujo mangas have: make as much shit hit the fan to prevent the inevitable ending where the OTP finally get together).

Gotta milk it for all its worth amirite?
Apr 23, 2013 7:34 PM

Nov 2008
cieldhiver said:
You only need one reason to justify why he sucks: premeditated attempted RAPE.

I don't care that he didn't actually get the chance to commit it, but the fact that he is psycho enough to try and make Yukina his lover by "breaking their trust by forcing her to do something she doesn't want" is just beyond DISGUSTING.

This hits the nail on the head.
I must hug you now. :D
*virtual hug*

Shitty development on the authors part

I dunno. Akira just gave me that "creeper" vibe....after I realized he was a guy.
Even in the beginning chapters, he was SO TOUCHY-TOUCHY-FEELY FEELY.
It bugged me. He could not keep his hands off her! >:/

Jul 12, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2010
SHIGURE cause I find him very kakkoii. :D
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Aug 5, 2015 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:

I loooooove Kitami Shigure. He&#039;s so much fun to watch. I enjoy boys who act like jerks at the beginning of series....because that&#039;s just going to mean they&#039;re going to develop later...and that&#039;s exciting and squeeful to see! I can never resist a male tsundere!
plus he&#039;s so FINE.... XD

Yukina is the PERFECT girl for him. I can&#039;t see him with anyone else but her. I think they&#039;re soul mates, I do. :D Why was Yukina the one to find the ID book? DESTINY OF COURSE!! XD So yeah, I think he&#039;s the best match for her because she brings out the best in him...she is the one to change him into less of a jerk and that&#039;s win.
I&#039;d also choose him in Yukina&#039;s shoes. :3

As for Akira.......I was "meh, w/e, he&#039;s boring" with him until chapter 10....then I started getting annoyed with him, and by chapter 14, I hated his guts. XD I hate the way he looks, hate the way he talks, hate his creepy stalker behavior, most of all hate the way he tries to keep Yukina from liking Shigure. SHE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND SHE IS FREE TO LOVE WHOEVER SHE WANTS!! D:<

So naturally, I hate AkiraxYukina. SO MUCH. I think liking her brings out the worst side of him. He&#039;s sweet until he sees her with Shigure and turns into this clingy, desperate, jealous, pushy, hypocritical jerk. And even though Yukina looks uncomfortable when he tries to make moves on her, this doesn&#039;t seem to bother him. So I find that pretty selfish of him too. >_> He does get points for chapter 18....but he still has that "I&#039;m jealous, please love ME!!" attitude.......which I just find pathetic in a man. This may come from my own experiences of dealing with "Akiras" from my own past though.

..........and forgot to mention that I find incest YUCKY. XD I know cousinxcousin is normal in Japan....but that doesn&#039;t stop me from going "Ew, that&#039;s wrong!"
Of course "Ew, that&#039;s wrong!" is a reaction that can be expressed at many "normal" things in Japan.....XD;

Ok.... so I totally agree with the Miami x Akira and Shigure x Yukina but, lemme first tell you that since one of your points is that Akira is too clingy and Yukina can love whoever she wants... isn't it Shigure the one that tries to stop her?

When she was going to find her first love Akira said that she can love anyone she wants and he won't stop her. But Shigure was being the selfish jerk that he is wouldn't let her find love!

I personally think that Akira is WAY better than Shigure, but the truth is I don't really like Yukina that much, so that's why I want Akira to be with Mami.

Yukina is selfish and she seems very.... sexual, for a girl that knows nothing about love. You might say that since she doesn't know about love, she doesn't know that she's being sexual' but seriously, THEY'RE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL! They aren't high schoolers.

Ok back to the Akira point, Shigure is just as clingy. In the earlier chapters, when Akira was trying to have a moment with Yukina in that classroom, BOOM Shigure randomly appears and literally grabs her out of Akira's arms and drags her out of the classroom, to then perform... acts of 'love' on her (they're in middle school -_-)

Also, 'Yukina looks uncomfortable when he does acts in her.' Have you even read the Manga!? Seriously, Shigure sometimes just grabs her and starts sucking on her ear. If you say her face isn't uncomfortable, then what is it? Turned on? (Again, they're in middle school)

So yes, Yukina does bring out the best in Shigure, blah blah blah, but if you're going to hate on Akira, please at least use points that aren't hypocritical to Shigure.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, but this is purely how I feel about this subject.
Aug 14, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Shigure ❤

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 1 Discussion

rweqoiu - Aug 22, 2009

8 by roseRosie24 »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2016

13 by light_straight »»
Oct 22, 2022 3:56 AM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 22 Discussion

-Quasar - Apr 30, 2011

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
Oct 2, 2021 3:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 10 Discussion

ClementIV - Feb 15, 2010

16 by Lolicon »»
Aug 28, 2020 3:57 AM

» mami and akira

sasugacrab - Jan 18, 2018

3 by removed-user »»
May 20, 2018 9:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.