Forum Settings
Forums
Mardock Scramble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2010 5:05 PM

Feb 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got a chance to see this at the Leeds Festival, it was an interesting movie with a nice setting and idea. It felt a lot like Ghost in the Shell in some places, but ultimately the plot was not very strong, it was very short and the ending left off at a pretty bad cliffhanger. Will need to see more of the movies to make a better judgement.

Dec 12, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Can't seem to find this anywhere, much less a fansub group planning to release it. I've been seeing japanese commercials for it lately so maybe it'll get picked up. Series looks interesting so I'll probably at least watch the first movie.
Mar 27, 2011 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
Anybody knows if this is subbed already?
I probably regret this post by now.
May 3, 2011 1:33 AM

Mar 2010
So far no news, and I haven't found the RAWs too, so it might take a while for it to get sub, might have to wait for BDs or DVDs.
Check out my channel!
Erzat
May 28, 2011 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
The BD/DVD are coming on Aug 24th, 2011.

Via: Mardock Scramble Official Webside
Aug 16, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
Damn, at least it should be coming out soon....
Aug 21, 2011 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
I wonder who will sub this

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Aug 21, 2011 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
I can't wait to watch this.
Aug 25, 2011 2:39 AM

Jul 2010
noooo!! what a cliff-hanger ending!!!!
nice plot and action, has many nude scene, but not erotic

5/5 10/10
cant wait for the next
Aug 28, 2011 2:42 AM

Mar 2010
galimx said:
Anyone will sub this?

well the RAWs are already out... so I'm guessing that it'll be out soon... i think... =.=
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Aug 28, 2011 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
It was a good, character driven movie with nice visuals, great VA and some really messed up characters. But that cliffhanger ending was too cruel!
Aug 28, 2011 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed it alot yes indeed them characters were messed up(to many boobies on that one guy...i really hope that mouse doesn't die i really liked him
Aug 28, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
I did not have time to do much except this ecchi (NSFW) in the spoiler
that girl is hot but not for the faint of heart since there is gore, sex with rape and incest. Not to mention lots mutated shit like the guy with eyes and the 20 something breast monster. The future sci-fi and weapons are cool.

Story is deep shit that is mature and lovely enough. Rings a little with Armitage TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 29, 2011 12:10 AM

Oct 2010
I hope that the next one doesn't take so damn long to get released and subbed.
Nothing else to say except that I fucking loved this.
Aug 29, 2011 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
just watched it and I must say im quite pleased with this movie, it follows the novel close enough which is always a good thing :D and seeing the characters in animation was just cool! :P
Aug 29, 2011 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
Setting and atmosphere were godly. It felt almost like watching early '90s cyberpunk classics. Oh, how nostalgic. 8.5/10
GuroFXAug 29, 2011 10:12 PM
Aug 29, 2011 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
thats awesome and what a facking cliffhanger lol
i wonder how will Balot turn out to be will she be a heartless killer or will she be a hero of justice but either way i do not want to see her die as she suffered a lot already she deserves some joy in this life
Aug 31, 2011 5:43 PM
Mar 2009
It's Kite, although it has less hentai scenes and a talking mouse. Good movie.
Aug 31, 2011 6:15 PM

Oct 2010
psorcerer said:
I remind myself that Kite was not as bad as that. The rape in this one is far more serious in situation than the one in Kite TBH.

Aug 31, 2011 8:13 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah this is worse than Kite, I mean she was 12 and it's her dad.

Technically a nice film, good OST (apart from Amazing Grace at the end) and neat visuals, the fights were particularly well done.
Sep 1, 2011 12:26 AM
Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
psorcerer said:
I remind myself that Kite was not as bad as that. The rape in this one is far more serious in situation than the one in Kite TBH.

I mean that the makers did a lot of Kite homage in this one. Some stills directly reference the classic.
Sep 1, 2011 1:31 AM

Oct 2010
psorcerer said:
Yumekichi11 said:
psorcerer said:
I mean that the makers did a lot of Kite homage in this one. Some stills directly reference the classic.
AH YES! That I agree with. They did but what I find in this better is that of the sci-fi. Makes it a lot better than Kite TBH.

Sep 1, 2011 9:31 AM

May 2010
It's a nice movie and the animation is pretty good as well although they contain some nudity,violence and disturbing image(which I don't like) !!

So i'll give it 8/10
Sep 1, 2011 9:43 AM

Jan 2008
Plot taken from campy 80/90's anime with sex and nudity included. Apart from good visuals there's almost nothing out there...

6/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Sep 1, 2011 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
golden mouse was awesome
Sep 2, 2011 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
Great movie . Gives me the Ghost in the Shell feeling . I like how Balut and Oeufcoque relationship grows with time in the movie. But damn ending it like this, i can't wait for the next movie .

8/10
Sep 2, 2011 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, that was a hell of a cliffhanger. Also seemed short for a movie, more like a full-length OVA (a la Hellsing Ultimate), tho the animation was definitely movie-quality. The golden mouse was cute, and the heroine pretty likeable (even when she snapped and shot the hell out of Pussy-hand). The mouse reminded me of Soul Eater, except with the ability to turn into anything instead of just a weapon form.

As someone who looks at a lot of freaky hentai, the themes didn't really disturb me too much. None of it was anything I hadn't seen before, either in Cool Devices or in various doujins. Well, except for the body modification guys. That was creepy as shit, especially the guy with the hundred breasts. The buff dude reminded me of Naruto, with the eyes all over his body (tho not Sharingans, if they were teen-prostitute-turned-badass-girl wouldn't have stood a chance).
Sep 3, 2011 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
"PUSSY HAND" lol...that is a clever..very clever *applause*..

wow in the future you cant transplant a pussy in your hand...masturbation will feel so real..

his hand wont get pregnant right?

i admit that the rape/sex scene gave me a boner..
Sep 3, 2011 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
I didn't like this movie at all... It was like Ghost in the Shell, with the feel of Time of Eve.
Sep 4, 2011 1:56 PM

Sep 2008
Well, it was unexpected..... The quality of the animation was incredible, loved the look of the city. One definitely gets some serious GitS and Kite vibes, but it still manages to be its own movie. I thought the trial was really well done. The action was alright, but yeah, I couldn't help but lol at any villian that wasn't Boiled (and who didn't get a Batou vibe from him and his glasses in the beginning). Worth watching, but really hard to take seriously.
Sep 5, 2011 10:33 AM
Dec 2007
GuroFX said:
Setting and atmosphere were godly. It felt almost like watching early '90s cyberpunk classics. Oh, how nostalgic. 8.5/10

This. Plus Ubukata's script is as sick and messed up as usual but ultimately much better than I expected. Terrific animation, direction and main character too. The movie feels like what Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita in the US) could be if animated properly. 9/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 24, 2011 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
kashim said:
Plot taken from campy 80/90's anime with sex and nudity included. Apart from good visuals there's almost nothing out there...

6/10

This.
I expected more.
Oct 11, 2011 10:53 AM
Sep 2011
This movie was great. I saw Kite a while back, and it does have a similar feel but I like this girls story, though I HATE what happened to her as a child. I think they could start this off as movies and could later on make it a tv series if they want to. That is as long as the second movie continues its greatness. I didn't know what was going to be on that disk the guy gave them, I was not expecting the sex scenes caught me off guard personally lol. The first two positions they showed on the video.... LOL Unexpected but nice graphics Indeed Of course if you've seen Kite UNCUT it is a bit tame. ^^
Oct 20, 2011 11:24 PM
Jan 2011
Liked it, not a masterpiece but quite good. Only one thing , maybe it's a stupid question but do you think that it is ANY purpose naming protagonists with names somewhat connected with food - eggs or meat in this case:
Balut - chinese eggs with embryos inside
Easter - egg is one of symbol of the Easter
Oeufcoque - it seems to be egg shell in french
Boiled - maybe the reference to boiled egg (as well may not)
Shell - again can be understood as egg shell
Mincemeat - minced meat :)
Fresh - fresh meat or whatever
Rare - rare steak
Medium - medium steak
Welldone - again welldone steak

It is obvious that those names were given purposefully, but will they have some meaning in the plot or it is just some kind of easter egg (egg again) or fanservice, what do you mean?
Nov 9, 2011 2:54 AM

Jun 2008
GuroFX said:

Yeah exactly, i found it very well made. Character building was also excellently made, this movie impress me. I don't know what the op was even watching when he said the plot was not very strong.
The plot is good and well made actually, i see no problem with it at all. The op probably didn't realize much of the things he was watching.
The artwork was absolutely amazing too. The style and the quality where a joy to my eyes.

I don't know what people say but i prefer this kind of movie ten thousands times more than a movie like Redline that is nothing but a hand-drawn tech demo. Maybe not every scene had the movement of that one but the style the story the atmosphere everything where high above.And in reality the animation and technical department was perfect for the needs of story, no need to try anything more.

I am glad i saw a movie and i actually got what i hoped to get. It rarely happens that my expectation get fulfilled when i watch one.
Can't wait for the next one and i hope that it will not lose anything in the next movies.
9/10 and hopefully it will get even better in the next movies.
MonadNov 9, 2011 3:02 AM
Nov 26, 2011 5:33 PM
Oct 2011
I gotta buy this. I love Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and this looks like it could be better than that. I already have it in my box on amazon.com so I will be purchasing it soon. Sad to hear that it's censorded with the american release....
Dec 11, 2011 5:08 PM

Apr 2011
LilKis1986 said:
I gotta buy this. I love Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and this looks like it could be better than that. I already have it in my box on amazon.com so I will be purchasing it soon. Sad to hear that it's censorded with the american release....

It's certainly as good. It's like a mix of the original GitS and Kite except even better. It's rare to see quality adult anime like this anymore and it really gave off that vibe of watching GitS, Akira, etc back in the 90's.
Dec 17, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2010
6\10 Flat characters and oh-sooo-deep story ("people are bad, evil creatures" and "who am I"). When this two flaws meet up, little can be done, like good animation quality.
Dec 20, 2011 11:28 AM

Mar 2007
Uber show, 9/10.

A second watch made more sense. Stopped halfway the first time through, and the plot is indeed deep. Definitely need to watch the second to understand better.
Jan 1, 2012 11:17 PM

Jan 2008
this shit was awesome, parts 2 and 3 aren't being available fast enough. kinda reminds of kite mixed with GITS
Jan 3, 2012 10:19 PM

May 2009
interesting...transplants are wierd...the mouse D:
Jan 6, 2012 10:43 PM

Apr 2009
Boy what was i thinking not watching this for so longest. I absolutely loved this movie. Story was great, a prostitute with a fucked up family or lack of it due to a f'd up father. I like the whole "i don't want to die" bid she went threw in the car, usually its the other way around in those situations in animes. I thought she(Rune) was pretty damn cool as the lead. Her interactions with Oeufcoque was great too. Just overall an excellent movie. 10/10
Jan 19, 2012 9:22 PM

Feb 2008
I'm glad they did a cyperpunk movie, great visuals, overall great movie. I'm looking forward for the sequels.
Feb 16, 2012 6:19 AM

Nov 2010
This was made very nice.
The gold Mouse, girl, opponents and the setting for adult viewers.
Feb 18, 2012 6:41 AM

Sep 2008
Animation was very good during the action.

I regret watching this. I should have waited for all 3 movies to come out and did a marathon instead. Such a cliffhanger ending.

I liked this movie, though. Even with the excess rape and nudity.
Mar 6, 2012 9:30 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, this was quite the amazing watch; why did I ever postpone watching this?
The characters were quite wacky, but I loved the relationship that Balot and the mouse had.

The ending totally killed me, but Amazing Grace was quite beautiful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
nice visuals, found most of the characters repulsive (Pussyhand, erk), and developed a particular dislike for Balot after watching the ending. will continue to watch the following movies only because of Oeufcoque and a need for closure.
Apr 6, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
The ending totally killed me, but Amazing Grace was quite beautiful.

For me the ending was quite beautiful but Amazing Grace killed it for me!
Apr 9, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2009
I came in here expecting a dark, mature, provocative story of some kind. And, well, what I ended up with was a cute, whiny little bitch and a talking mouse on the side. Sorely disappointed.

Loved the art though with its dark colors.
May 29, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
Solid film. What made it were Balot and Oeufcoque's interactions. I actually don't know why there's so much cynicism coming from some of the people who watched this given how it actually had a pretty solid story. Yeah sure, not a masterpiece by any means, but it was actually decent for what it was. I actually like the fact that it tries to deal with the issues surrounding sexual exploitation rather than simply using it as a prop for the backstory. Can't wait for the next one. 8/10
ronriMay 29, 2012 9:00 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Mardock Scramble

LightningSoul - Sep 4, 2017

7 by Salty-GB »»
Jul 23, 2021 5:45 PM

» /

delete_plz - Jun 7, 2010

7 by ZaMpa »»
Mar 31, 2011 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.