Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2010 9:00 PM
Dec 2007
Apparently everyone forgot the whole fact that Awaki was about to teleport a large chunk of the building on top of Kuroko. The only reason it didn't happen was because Touma cancelled the teleport at the end. So yes, he was pretty much the only one that could have stopped that...without injuring Kuroko in the process that is (technically Mikoto could have used her railgun, but the ensuing wreck produced by it could have injured her).

Cyclose said:
I didn't give this 5/5 (although this is a pretty good arc especially the beginning of this episode). Like everyone had said, Accelerator finishing off Awaki seems like a big no-no-no. I wanted Kuroko for it (as her motivation shows in the beginning).

Sigh. I was disappointed that it wasn't Kuroko who ended Awaki so this is 4/5.

And next episode will be about Oriana Thomson :OOOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT TOO!

(Btw, this arc is the one I've been waiting for. The Kuroko vs Awaki arc, and not the Accelerator vs Awaki scene-fag.
Kuroko was too injured to do the honors herself. Besides, Accelerator is like the secondary hero of Index, one might say. It was a nice touch that it seems that he sort of did it as a favor to Last Order. He really has a soft spot for her.

Nov 19, 2010 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
Touma running and jumping into debris looked so crazy and impossible. He freakin defied the law of physics xDD well I guess its something a level 0 can do

The teleport battle was so epic yet short :( and accelerator finishing Awaki off was total pwnage(imba much xDD)

Next episode: Komoe-sensei~ <3
DenjaXNov 19, 2010 9:36 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 19, 2010 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
Well in the light novel it was said that Misaka used all of those items to make magnetic stairs for Touma to run up on.

Nov 19, 2010 9:43 PM

Jul 2009
Sucrose said:
Tornado wings, fuck yeah..
Also, Misses big rack from the OP shows up next episode.

THIS.

Also, Accelerator's vector pawnch
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 19, 2010 9:47 PM

Oct 2009
Omg guys, did you see Accelerator pwn? Waw.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2010 9:59 PM

Feb 2010
DoubleDango said:
Omg guys, did you see Accelerator pwn? Waw.
That epic pwnage was the highlight of this episode!
Nov 19, 2010 10:16 PM

May 2008
one punch is all it takes for Accelerator to knock out anyone :D except Touma

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 19, 2010 10:18 PM
Dec 2007
Kenju said:
Well in the light novel it was said that Misaka used all of those items to make magnetic stairs for Touma to run up on.
Well, the debris was pretty neatly positioned. We have to remember that since this is an anime they won't bother to explain every little visual detail, especially considering they were trying to pack the whole volume into two episodes. It's one of the drawbacks of anime versus Light Novels. The Novel will be very specific while the anime won't ussually remind you of every little thing as a way to save time, unless it's one of those long-running series.
Leon-GunNov 19, 2010 10:23 PM

Nov 19, 2010 10:49 PM

May 2010
Someone explain to me who is going to clean up that mess Accelerator made?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 19, 2010 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
is there going to be more women abuse next arc?
cuz
DIS GURL GOT ER AIR KNOCKED OUTT and her nose is definitely broken.

5/5 just for the accelerator part
i watched it over and over
Nov 19, 2010 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
Touma didn't do much this arc and not much Index either which was good. the best part was Accelerator breaking that bitches face. ok but not great arc. biribiri and Touma had like no interaction to. oh well next time looks more interesting.
Nov 19, 2010 11:26 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
Someone explain to me who is going to clean up that mess Accelerator made?

I'm sure all those stupid self automated robots will have a hand on it...

Either way, Accelerator was great, I hope to see more of him in future episodes.
Nov 19, 2010 11:43 PM

Sep 2008
SinfulZero said:
is there going to be more women abuse next arc?
cuz
DIS GURL GOT ER AIR KNOCKED OUTT and her nose is definitely broken.

5/5 just for the accelerator part
i watched it over and over

A man striking a woman is not automatically abuse. Abuse happens over an extended period of time and involves heavy amounts of mental domineering. Generally there is a relationship in place that is being manipulated to twist her into something meek and submissive. It involves social isolation and all sorts of nasty shit. As serious an issue as abuse is, that's now what we just saw. We saw combat. Plain and simple. Same as if any woman got shot in a warzone, or got struck while participating in gang based turf wars, or any number of similar situations. She knowingly made powerful enemies, and got hurt because of it.

I think it was alex who said something about the problem with man on woman combat being the discrepancy in muscle mass. Combat here relies very little on muscle mass, and even if it did it's a situation where a fair fight isn't really relevant. It's not a friendly sparing tournament. She's stealing top secret military grade government property. Even with all that aside, were she a male it wouldn't have made a difference, as the discrepancy in power had the odds stacked ridiculously against move point girl. Plus she was already injured. The difference in muscle mass between genders is about the furthest thing from relevant right now.
Nov 19, 2010 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. That was one amazing episode. Teleporter battle, Misaka clones, Touma jumping across chunks of a building, and especially the part with Accelerator. VECTOR PAUNCH.

The arc itself was fairly decent imo, but I still loved it because the Science side characters made an appearance. Even better, Kuroko wasn't being annoying, and Last Order shows up again. The part where she's talking to herself is cute~ 5/5 episode for sure.

Also, I noticed something interesting. While Accelerator was beating the crap out of Awaki (lol :D), he says something along the lines of "There is now only one way to proceed from here", and says "Ippo Tsuko" (One-Way Road) somewhere in the sentence. Is that a reference to his name, or is it just me?
Nov 19, 2010 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, WTF, what a violent episode?

Watching lolis kick their own asses like that was PURE WIN, I couldnt' avoid wanting more... but a dude, overpowered hitting a girl like that? I can't accept that. If he was weaker and she a Super Saiyan I would laugh, but like this is idk.

There are a few things I don't quite understand:

- Why did Accelerator kick the bad girl's ass so hard? Did he have something against her from before, or something? I don't see the connection.
- Is she dead? I mean, hitting the wall of a building at that distance can't possibly leave someone alive... not to mention the subsequent fall.
- Why did Biribiri shoot her Railgun at that building? In which way was it needed?
Nov 20, 2010 12:07 AM

Aug 2010
I need moar last order. She's all hng and shit.

Index2 is proving to be overflowing with loli violence. I can't say it wasn't somewhat uncomfortable, but I can say it was definitely awesome.
Nov 20, 2010 12:08 AM

May 2009
Having read the novel, I think the arc would've been better if was at least 3 eps. The scene about Kuroko rejecting Awaki's offer and how she states how foolish it was should've had more dialogue in it. (it was Kuroko's crowning moment of awesome in that scene too. :( )

The very reason why Awaki snapped after shooting Kuroko was because of the fact that she kept on blaming about not wanting to hurt anyone because of her abilities yet she still ended up hurting someone without the use of her power.

I was quite disappointed by how rushed the arc was, though I loved how certain scenes were greatly adapted from the novel (like the way Awaki snapped, the conversation of the SISTERs and Accelerator being badass with his Falcon Vector punch) except for the part where Misaka opened the way for Touma to save Kuroko, I think it lacked some detail there.

I like Awaki especially in the later volumes, but I think she really deserved that in the end of that arc.

It still was a good watch so I'd give the ep a 7/10.
Shiki63Nov 20, 2010 4:07 AM
Nov 20, 2010 12:29 AM

Sep 2008
UnknownFact said:
Wow, WTF, what a violent episode?

Watching lolis kick their own asses like that was PURE WIN, I couldnt' avoid wanting more... but a dude, overpowered hitting a girl like that? I can't accept that. If he was weaker and she a Super Saiyan I would laugh, but like this is idk.

There are a few things I don't quite understand:

- Why did Accelerator kick the bad girl's ass so hard? Did he have something against her from before, or something? I don't see the connection.
- Is she dead? I mean, hitting the wall of a building at that distance can't possibly leave someone alive... not to mention the subsequent fall.
- Why did Biribiri shoot her Railgun at that building? In which way was it needed?
He kicked her ass so hard because he had been asked to take her down. He doesn't go easy with this shit, unless he's having fun, but then that's more of a sadism thing than mercy.

I don't know if she's dead or not. Touma mentioned her being beat up though, not dead. I imagine if he'd found a body, or he couldn't get her medical attention he would have stated that directly.

Misaka had to shoot the railgun to create the opening and the bridge so touma could get up there. Not enough time to take the stairs. A little bit ridiculous? Probably. Keeping in mind the subject matter of the show we're watching, and the rule of cool, I think it's within acceptable limits. Maybe pushing them a bit. One of those things where the ridiculousness of it didn't hit me for a while until after the initial read though.
Nov 20, 2010 12:33 AM

Oct 2010
yeah more biriri is always nice. I like how they make a connection between the animes.
Nov 20, 2010 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
Thanks Gangler. Yeah it's implied that she did not die. But if she's human, she should have.

I agree with Shiki 63, the scene where "Misaka opened the way for Touma to save Kuroko" lacked detail. Yeah... it's still a bit ridiculous use of power though... but oh well.

Tnx
Nov 20, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
It's always been an unwritten rule in shonen anime that if you're strong enough, defenses will adjust accordingly. I like to think of it as a hitpoint system. It explains why some characters can survive things like impaling, or the loss of multiple galons of blood without medical assistance, despite in theory being biologically human. Admittedly this is the first instance of index using this principle though. The show is better when it keeps the damage real seeming, as rediculous as that may sound. Once they start shrugging off mortal wounds it ruins the suspense of all the injuries incurred during battle.

Personally, I'm betting she got some alone time with the heaven canceler. Yes she should have been dead long before medical aid could be an issue, but this would still bring it within acceptable levels for me.
Nov 20, 2010 1:19 AM

Mar 2009
Best ep so far, imho.
I think that Index II is somehow versus female characters too, lol.
Nov 20, 2010 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
SinfulZero said:
I watched it over and over
Yeah same her and I noticed that the way those things on his back that make fly were it looked like he had 4 devil wings. It can makes you think that only evil people tend to hurt women but to me he is more of the "Devil may cry" and the cry is being merciful/nice at time.
Gangler said:
Gangler said:
He kicked her ass so hard because he had been asked to take her down. He doesn't go easy with this shit, unless he's having fun, but then that's more of a sadism thing than mercy.
Accelerator earned his sadism from the clone killings no human being in his mind would be normal after killing 10 000 clones that have the same result as if you killed a human being. Sadism was a coping way for him not to go insane. I though he figured it out more than anything from chibi Misaka.
Gangler said:
I don't know if she's dead or not. Touma mentioned her being beat up though, not dead. I imagine if he'd found a body, or he couldn't get her medical attention he would have stated that directly.
I think it was more she KO and recovered only to escape and report perhaps to what remains of the science syndicate.
Gangler said:
Misaka had to shoot the railgun to create the opening and the bridge so touma could get up there. Not enough time to take the stairs. A little bit ridiculous? Probably.
It was ridiculous but she knew very well Touma could cancel it and trusted with her life Touma's ability.
Gangler said:
. One of those things where the ridiculousness of it didn't hit me for a while until after the initial read though.
To me it was realizing that Kuroko might have suffered far more abuse at the end of LN to be sterile and not have kids. Perhaps she knows that and goes with Yuri, knowing fully she could never have kids already, a sad possibility after she got kicked the way Musujime did to her in this episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 20, 2010 1:49 AM

Dec 2007
Shiki63 said:
HThe very reason why Awaki snapped after shooting Kuroko was because of the fact that she on blaming about not wanting to hurt anyone because of her abilities yet she still ended up hurting someone without the use of her power.

Thanks for stating that quite succinctly. I had assumed she used Move Point to teleport the gun to her (thus using her power). I had no idea she had a gun on her the whole time and thus didn't use her power.

She didn't seem like the person who wouldn't want to hurt someone. I mean, she really hated the Ace of Tokiwadai, and people with those sorts of grudges usually want to hut others... so it just struck me as... odd? Out of character? Yeah there we go. It seemed really out of character for Awaki to sputter on about that having never mentioned it in any of her other crazy conversations.
Nov 20, 2010 2:17 AM

Oct 2010
Meddigo said:
Shiki63 said:
HThe very reason why Awaki snapped after shooting Kuroko was because of the fact that she on blaming about not wanting to hurt anyone because of her abilities yet she still ended up hurting someone without the use of her power.
Thanks for stating that quite succinctly. I had assumed she used Move Point to teleport the gun to her (thus using her power). I had no idea she had a gun on her the whole time and thus didn't use her power.
I also assumed but then where does not LN even hint at her having that gun on her? I did not see a place where she could have it. I do giver her props to showing us her nice breasts (at least the shape was always visible).
Meddigo said:
She didn't seem like the person who wouldn't want to hurt someone.
I though her theories was great in regards to transfer the abilities or create chaos through animal abilities, now that would be whole different level of world reality should animals have the abilities of humans not wanting them.

Nov 20, 2010 3:09 AM

Jul 2009
Sooo when did Touma get super powers and lightning fast reflexes so he could jump trough a mess of falling debris, supporting his steps upwards, which defies the law of gravity altogether since they are, well falling^^
And then easilly with one hand, stop a massive piece of concrete, weighing at least several hundred kilos (low estimate)

And don't give me the "they where hovering due to Awaki's power", as far as I could tell she was merely 'shaking' the building making it collapse.
And if the pieces actually where to float, well then Touma would be seriously dead as soon as he nudged that concrete^^

Here I thought this was supposed to be a "science" arc -.-'
Really there's always such a massive quality drop as soon Touma enters the picture, imho Index and Touma should stick to decorating the DVDs and possibly appearing in the ED.
Nov 20, 2010 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
great ep best of the season so far
Nov 20, 2010 3:22 AM

Aug 2009
What a load of crap this was.
The arc started off great, but then the Move Point girl went nuts out of fucking nowhere and everything just... I don't even know how to describe it. It was complete shit.
3/5, because of the glorious amount of Kuroko.

And I've been wondering for a while now... Was Index I just as bad as Index II? If that's the case, why the hell did I like Index I?
Nov 20, 2010 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
EternalDreamer said:
Sooo when did Touma get super powers and lightning fast reflexes so he could jump trough a mess of falling debris, supporting his steps upwards, which defies the law of gravity altogether since they are, well falling^^
I don't know about that one but it looked to make Touma a epic hero! Which clearly is exaggerated as much as in Railgun with that graviton arc. Got to admit that the OST there was top notch! Also was the OST amazing when Misaka clone knocked on Touma's door till Touma meets Biribiri.
EternalDreamer said:
And then easily with one hand, stop a massive piece of concrete, weighing at least several hundred kilos (low estimate)
I think it was already affected with Misaka's or Awaki's ability is the nullification went together with concrete block.
Yumekichi11Nov 20, 2010 3:34 AM

Nov 20, 2010 4:21 AM

May 2010
Awesome accelerator finally shows up and he is doing some kick-ass action(although i feel sorry for that girl, getting punch in the face and ended up like that)!!!

Nov 20, 2010 4:45 AM
Dec 2008
ACCLERATOE AWESOMENESS
LOVED KUROKO TOO
BEST EP SO FAR
Nov 20, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
Accelerator FTW

even flying xD
Nov 20, 2010 5:23 AM

Feb 2010
Loved the moment with touma fighting along side misaka. EPIC I wanna see more.!!!!
Nov 20, 2010 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
I loved this episode. Everything I wanted and didn't get from Railgun I got from just 2 episodes of Index II. Wonderful, now Railgun season 1 is almost void to me. Totally loled at Accelerator giving Awaki a vector punch into a building in mid air, after shattering a great chunk of the road all the windows nearby. Freaking awesome dude. Touma got some cool points for running on falling rubble to save Lesboko, I mean Kuroko, who incidentally had some good parts herself this episode. Aww hell, Accelarator, the Misaka Network, Les-..Kuroko and Touma all had good parts. Sparky just shot a railgun, nothing new here.

Also, I couldn't help but imagine the scene of Awaki shooting Kuroko as some sort of response to her VA talking over the characters lines in Ookami-san. It had "Shut up, I'm trying to listen to the characters! *shoots*" written all over it imo XD.
KantarouNov 20, 2010 5:34 AM
Nov 20, 2010 5:59 AM
Jan 2010
Accelerator is cool because he's seemingly the only character who doesn't have to give bullshit speeches before proceeding to kick the shit out of someone.

UnknownFact said:
+but a dude, overpowered hitting a girl like that? I can't accept that. If he was weaker and she a Super Saiyan I would laugh, but like this is idk.
++

Why the fuck do these white knights keep appearing every time a new episode comes out?

Please refrain from double posting. You can easily edit your last post by clicking 'edit' at the bottom right of your current post.
desolatoNov 25, 2010 12:50 PM
Nov 20, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
I lack better terms, so: MFW!!

But... how can Accelerator talk normal speed in slo-mo surroundings? xD They can't help it, I guess.

Also I thought the smile at the end was really KH style 8)

J.C. Staff, keep this up!
Nov 20, 2010 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
All i saw was, Accelerator rape and........thats about it
Nov 20, 2010 6:49 AM

Nov 2008
Jesus Christ, I'd forgotten how awesome that guy is.
Nov 20, 2010 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Arcangel92 said:
hate to say it but touma still more badass than accel imo

alexcampos said:
Umm.....NO, you're either insane or not paying attention.

Uhmm yes? you know this is my opinion right?... your taking this too seriously.. Touma > Accelerator, but not by much
Nov 20, 2010 7:13 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode. But poor girl she got punched in the face by Accelerator.

Nov 20, 2010 7:20 AM

Oct 2010
Divine_Judgement said:
Accelerator is cool because he's seemingly the only character who doesn't have to give bullshit speeches before proceeding to kick the shit out of someone.
Yes! This is exactly another good thing about him. He just says something and proceeds to do it! More impulsive and less formal but that's what is unique in his character.

Nov 20, 2010 7:21 AM

Feb 2008
Awaki - almost killed Kuroko... 5/5
Kuroko - great, no "lesbian" moments.. 5/5
Misaka - that railgun shot was rather expected... 4/5
Index - huh?! seriously, what are YOU doing in this episode?! 2/5
Touma - nah, your job wasn't really impressive... 3/5
Accelerator - FUCK YEAH!!! 6/5

overall, the episode was awesome.. this arc is so far the best in season 2... also, i kinda expected the arc to be a bit short...

next arc's got Misaka Misuzu, Fukiyose Seiri (yey!), and Oriana Thompson... quite exciting... :))
Nov 20, 2010 7:52 AM

Jun 2010
Ouch. I hope Awaki gets well soon. D:
Nov 20, 2010 8:54 AM

Sep 2009
Accelerator! Accelerator! *screams*
Abrupt ending of the arc.
Nov 20, 2010 9:03 AM
Oct 2009
Sorry but my memory is kind of hazy, How did Accelerator lose some of his powers again?

Nov 20, 2010 9:21 AM
Jun 2008
Awaki 's berserk...at least her eye doesn't shoot laser.
Kuroko suddenly can't teleport for no reason
Misaka 's dangerous rail-gun shooting at random location ...
Touma become Ninja of the week ... ninpou ashigaru ;p
index 's random head biting, hope she will be useful next episode.
Accelerator ...got tornado wing and How the hell he can find Awaki 0.0 (and the street is empty..weird~~)

nice action and cool animation ^_^ 5/5
MorningGloryNov 20, 2010 9:24 AM
Nov 20, 2010 9:34 AM

Dec 2007
Ampharos said:
Sorry but my memory is kind of hazy, How did Accelerator lose some of his powers again?

If I remember right, he got shot point blank and the bullet went through the computational/mathematical area of his brain. As to why he got shot, well he was trying to stop the virus that had infiltrated the Misaka Network.
Nov 20, 2010 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Accelerator is so badass. I'm finally starting to see his appeal lol.
Nov 20, 2010 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
Kuroko suddenly can't teleport for no reason.
No, it's because the pain causes her to lose concentration and she looks to be really bad at it with pain. So her teleportation has total lack of concentration therefore she can't activate or execute it properly.

Nov 20, 2010 9:52 AM
Oct 2009
Meddigo said:
Ampharos said:

If I remember right, he got shot point blank and the bullet went through the computational/mathematical area of his brain. As to why he got shot, well he was trying to stop the virus that had infiltrated the Misaka Network.

Thanks I think I vaguely remember something like that.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.