Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 15, 2010 5:15 AM

So saw someone post an image on the "Help Identifying This Anime/Character" thread.
And the art looked kinda interesting.
Has anyone seen this movie? What was it like? I see theres only 1 subber thats english i believe. Will there be bluray subbers like Thora doing this?

Nov 19, 2010 7:31 PM

It was okay. It suffered a bit from having 1 too many sub plots, feeling a bit disjointed and being half an hour too long. Fight scenes were cool though.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/

Nov 30, 2010 11:55 PM

first half was good the rest was meh
In my opiinion there were too many self sacrifizing scenes in the second half
honor, Yamato and Kamikaze at some scenes the whole thing seemed to be a bit nationalistic.

Dec 5, 2010 12:08 AM

Yeah the first half was very interesting, the only thing that bothered me in this anime tho was the music arrangement... it was poorly done i think... :)
Modified by shootdatpancake, Dec 5, 2010 12:15 AM

Dec 30, 2011 2:05 AM

ye the music was poor but the animation especially the battles are good enough

May 4, 2014 8:26 PM

I don't know why every Yamato movie has to be over two hours long; that's just too much space schlock.

shootdatpancake said:
Yeah the first half was very interesting, the only thing that bothered me in this anime tho was the music arrangement... it was poorly done i think...

They seem to have just dumped classical music pieces in there without too much regard for getting them to fit the the scenes, likely because they're copyright-free.

Jul 25, 2015 11:19 AM

The animation and action scenes was the only good thing about this movie, didn't like the bratty teenagers the new Yamato had and then we barely even saw Yuki and never found out what happened to her...

Aug 24, 2015 4:05 PM

I'm pretty blown away by the quality this movie had to offer! The whole ride was just totally intense, and even with the renewed art style and CGI (which I didn't mind for once) it still hold the true Yamato feel and look!

I'm a bit sad we didn't actually see Yuki again and remain with the question if she's a live or death but at least the Earth is saved once again by the Yamato!

A really amazing movie and nothing more to say than that I totally loved it!