Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2010 12:26 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The topic about vengeance is a bit interesting.
Goh'Dan
Oct 24, 2011 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, best episode yet. It was insane the conversation in the end of the episode. Lafiel looks so pissed with the fact that Jinto was made a hostage. They made it clear you don't want to mess with the Abhs, never!
Apr 21, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
I’m really curious at how the abhs can make a living hell but I imagine all the bad guys are going to die by gunfire or something like that. I was wondering how the rebellion could have infiltrated the security forces so well but the drug explanation makes a lot of sense.
Apr 29, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Oh the eye glow is back, she is royally pissed. Now it looks like she is going to bring in Spoor, oh they are screwed. Hang in there Jinto.
Nov 23, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2009
Feel like that "living hell" thing was a lie . . . For a lot of reasons. Although primarily because the Abh didn't seem that interested in torture to begin with, and because they seemed to be those who considered an eye for an eye to be fair, nothing more and nothing less.
Feb 17, 2014 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
Jinto annoys the hell out of me. You'd think maybe 1/100th of Lafiel's cunning and determination could have rubbed off on him, considering how much time they've spent together. Or maybe at least all the space battles he has survived could have at least toughened him up. But no, he's still the same soft and passive kid.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 19, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
Interesting episode. Like the exposition on the Abhs' perspective on vengeance. Just show does a great job at ratcheting the tension.

Feb 18, 2016 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think it was Jinto's fault that he got caught. They got the drop on him; Lafiel wouldn't be much-- if any-- better off in such a situation.

Concerning the Abh's vengeance, I'm not sure if I believe that or not. On the one hand, it could explain the seemingly low amount of crime amongst the Abh, but on the other hand, the Abhs for the most part don't seem like they would be interested in something like torture, even as a punishment. In any case, that was an intense and well-scripted scene. Bravo to director and scriptwriter for bringing that scene to life so well.

Spoor, on the other hand, might be an exception... She's definitely capable of handling a situation like this either way, although I don't know what exactly Lafiel wants her to do.

This season is doing better than I expected. The idea of being grounded for most of the show and especially having less a less direct connection between Jinto and Lafiel throughout sounded like a hard to execute idea, but I have to say that this has pulled it off satisfactorily. We've developed Jinto's character, gained tension in the relationship between Jinto and Lafiel, and are still getting more insight into the Abh culture and how they relate to other cultures.

I would be kidding myself if I didn't admit that this is at least as good as the second season.
Mar 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, the tension in this episode was insane. I was on the edge of my seat. Also, not sure why Jinto was so scared. He has been in battles before on ground (the planet he and Lafiel were trapped on) and space.

If he were not such a coward, they probably would have treated him with more respect and not kick him around. At least he was able to smile at Lafiel.
Apr 28, 2019 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
RIP that Meldeen guy. Although sometimes it seems he taken Jinto and Abh help for granted, but at least he's really a responsible guy till the end. o7

And I really hope the Abh's hell is really a thing.
Aug 15, 2023 1:05 PM

Dec 2022
"I didn't think I'd need it". Are you fucking serious?

The scarface dude going on about motherhood still hasn't realised what he's doing is counterproductive, if those are his real intentions. Sex slaves and rape victims would not be willing or happy mothers, especially when their only chance at freedom is taken away.
Ankylar said:
Damn, the tension in this episode was insane. I was on the edge of my seat. Also, not sure why Jinto was so scared. He has been in battles before on ground (the planet he and Lafiel were trapped on) and space.

If he were not such a coward, they probably would have treated him with more respect and not kick him around. At least he was able to smile at Lafiel.

Nothing about him is cowardly, despite the scarface guy insisting otherwise. Jinto is stupid, not cowardly. A coward wouldn't head to a prison planet full of psychotic and armed prisoners with no weapon of his own, nor would he stay there when it became a warzone to help the women escape, even when he knows he'd be a high profile target himself. If anything, he's one of the bravest characters in the anime, which just happened to work to his detriment in this case.

Archean-ReturnAug 15, 2023 1:33 PM

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikai no Senki II Episode 10 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Sep 10, 2009

23 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 15, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Senki II Episode 9 Discussion

9 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 15, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Senki II Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 31, 2010

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 15, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Senki II Episode 7 Discussion

12 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 15, 2023 1:35 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Senki II Episode 5 Discussion

wakka9ca - Apr 4, 2010

10 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 15, 2023 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.