Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2010 10:15 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rofl, I actually laughed out loud when Ash tried to capture Iris. I usually lurk /tr/ and their unfound fate affected me, but she actually rather amusing.

Just as planned though, he caught the flying Pidgey equivalent.
... he left the milf and pilf alone with Oak though....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2010 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
OMG, how come I missed the 2nd episode!!!!!
Sep 24, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2007
Saw in direct from Yesterday. :)
Really good episode, the Team Rocket was good (escaped and not launched in space), Iris is my favorite main girl for the beginning (HIYAAAAAAAA ! XD) and the fight were good.
Sep 24, 2010 2:49 AM

Jun 2006
x3 Kya~ Can't wait for the next ep~

I loved the part where Iris meets Pika. xD

Sep 24, 2010 7:15 AM

Sep 2007
Sad you don''t have the following part in Gif. :D
Sep 24, 2010 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
Im liking best wishes at the mo, since i started to watch pokemon again from this series ^_^

Sep 24, 2010 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
Peculator said:

The episode you watched should've been a double episode. I don't think it's available any other way.

Sep 24, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
whoisfriend said:
Peculator said:

The episode you watched should've been a double episode. I don't think it's available any other way.
I thought they premiered only the first episode. I didn't read it thoroughly on the news.
Sep 24, 2010 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
Peculator said:
whoisfriend said:
Peculator said:

I thought they premiered only the first episode. I didn't read it thoroughly on the news.
Your comment on the episode 1 thread had mostly episode 2 stuff. I think you watched 2, but maybe not 1?
Sep 25, 2010 4:02 AM

Jun 2009
llamaben said:
Peculator said:
whoisfriend said:
Peculator said:

Your comment on the episode 1 thread had mostly episode 2 stuff. I think you watched 2, but maybe not 1?
After done some 'research', I accidentally missed the FIRST episode not the second one.....****
Sep 25, 2010 4:29 AM

Mar 2010
Nice start for this new series..
Glad I decided to check it out.

TR is looking good again. They didn't blast off :)

Don't like the pokemon designs though, except maybe Kibago.
First episode in a very long time that gets a 4/5 again.
Sep 28, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
'Pikachu, take good care of Satoshi', I lol'ed. Even more: Satoshi trying to catch Iris. At least he noticed that the picture was different from what he saw. Pikachu sitting like an old man after electrocuting Iris. Oho, Sakaki has another right hand now. Cool, Iris can sleep in a tree. It's pretty cool that it's finally shown that it's not that easy to catch a Pokémon. Well, Satoshi is just incredibly unlucky. Buwah, Nyarth actually entered the fight for a bit. Lolol, they already got a Koromori? Now that's unusual for Rocket-dan. Yay, finally Mijumaru action! Whut, Rocket-dan actually managed to escape...

Biggest shock: even Joy looks different. O_o
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 28, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
What a shock.

He caught a bird.

0_0
Sep 28, 2010 3:57 PM

Jul 2009
I think production have done a good job of revamping this series.
This series has moved at a good pace and for once, we don't have a generic girl!

Personally, I have never been to keen on following a newbie venturing into beauty contests, yet thisis what we have gotten for years!
Hopefully, this has been put aside now.

The nurse Joy inbreeds have gotten younger too; the new art style is cute, yet I wonder what bough about the change?

Sep 28, 2010 10:48 PM

May 2009
I wasn't digging Iris before the show started, but shes awesome now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2010 11:48 PM

Mar 2008
Queen_Stars said:

I can't help but feel they dumbed Ash down. I mean he's been to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, captured and battled countless of Pokémon..but still acts like he's a new trainer with no knowledge of anything at all..and he reverted back to a ten year old looking kid. He looked older before in the later series.

If they wanted a revamp they should've created a new kid to follow imo.
Sep 28, 2010 11:55 PM

Nov 2007
Yea, he totally forgot that you had to battle a pokemon to capture it -.-;;

Other then that pretty funny, capture iris, Stalker Mijumaru haha cute XD
Sep 29, 2010 3:49 AM
Nov 2009
Episode 2 was, well, much better than 1. Pretty amusing.

It feels like Satoshi went back to level 1 or something though.
Sep 29, 2010 7:29 AM

Jul 2009
this is actually pretty good, well, at least better than Diamond and Pearl. I felt kinda nostalgic while watching.
Sep 29, 2010 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
Veilor said:
Queen_Stars said:

I can't help but feel they dumbed Ash down. I mean he's been to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, captured and battled countless of Pokémon..but still acts like he's a new trainer with no knowledge of anything at all..and he reverted back to a ten year old looking kid. He looked older before in the later series.

They did dumb him down a little, I agree...
He seemed way too innocent and excitable for someone who has experienced so much!
Even during early Pokemon, he was more streetwise.
Then again, he is still a pre-teen?
(Alternate dimention???)

I personally don't think it would be the same without Ash.
Iquite like it the way it is; introducing new sidekicks, areas and pokemon.

Sep 29, 2010 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
i was surprised he made such rookie mistakes. from what i can see this is the same old pokemon with a different scenery. i bet they are going to add all the traditional character types. ill just wait till the last two episodes.
Sep 29, 2010 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
Veilor said:
Queen_Stars said:

1) I think people are taking the "reboot" thing too seriously. The production wanted to make this season move faster and have more of a season 1 feeling, but not a complete reboot. That's why Satoshi looks a bit younger

2) That thing with the Pokeball, he did that in Hoenn too with Trecko. So it's just a one-time thing.

BTW, Iris is too awesome. I love her voice actress.
Sep 30, 2010 9:41 PM
Jan 2010
kakukirin said:
What a shock.

He caught a bird.

0_0

Not a bird, a pigeon

and really wasn't surprising at all, Pidgeotto was the first Pokemon Ash captured when he started his Pokemon journey
Oct 1, 2010 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
It's annoying that Satoshi has been so dumbed down... Seriously, you have not been traveling for how many damned seasons now to not know how to properly catch a damned Pokemon D<
Oct 1, 2010 11:02 PM

Feb 2009
Chris0089 said:
kakukirin said:
What a shock.

He caught a bird.

0_0

Not a bird, a pigeon

and really wasn't surprising at all, Pidgeotto was the first Pokemon Ash captured when he started his Pokemon journey

Umm, no, it wasn't. He caught Caterpie before he caught Pidgeotto because he attempted to use his Caterpie to battle... Only to have Pidgeotto promptly attempt to eat him.
Oct 2, 2010 12:21 AM
Nov 2008
What do you mean he was "dumbed down"?

He was excited. It isn't that hard to notice. He saw an extremely new Pokemon and his excitment overpowered him, to the point where he just wanted to catch one of these new specimen. It doesn't mean he is stupid, it just means he is being lead by him emotions like usual. He redeemed himself in his battle against the lone pidgeon, and Iris saw that.
Oct 2, 2010 2:09 AM

Jun 2009
Veilor said:
Queen_Stars said:

why does ash always seam so week and dumb when he starts a new area? thats my number one problem with Pokemon. by this point he should be able to clear an area with just Pikachu, and ya what was with him failing to get the Pokemon if that want a new trainer why not focus on a new trainer.
Oct 2, 2010 2:20 AM
Nov 2008
dynamo_electron said:
why does ash always seam so week and dumb when he starts a new area? thats my number one problem with Pokemon. by this point he should be able to clear an area with just Pikachu, and ya what was with him failing to get the Pokemon if that want a new trainer why not focus on a new trainer.

My, you're a smart one. It isn't like they have to prep the season for those who have never seen Pokemon or anything... oh wait, they do.
Oct 2, 2010 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
...I mistook that girl's hair for a pokemon as well ...
Oct 3, 2010 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah Iris is fun but I still really dislike her character design. But who cares anyway, I'm glad I can a Pokémon season from the beginning!
Oct 4, 2010 4:08 AM

Jul 2010
I'm loving the new and improved art style a lot. Along with the new move animations.
Pretty nice scenes in this episode. Team Rocket looks a lot more serious this time around though. Jessie caught a Koromori which is nice.

Don't like the fact that Satoshi is a noob all over again though. Why are they always turning him into a beginner again?

Anyway, nice episode! =)

Oct 4, 2010 12:20 PM
Jul 2009
It must be they just don't want ash to get smarter or older as Pokemon grows, so it stays with the kids level of thinking. I can't think of a better first poke then a pigy type, but the new animations for the attacks could have been more derivative, especialy for a new speices of pokemon. Nice new Nurse Joy charachter design, makes her look much younger then the other version. And I've wonderd this for along time, is "Nurse Joy" a pokemon species?
Oct 5, 2010 9:42 PM

Feb 2009
When you play the game, you'll see nurse Joy is a little younger there too.
And, if you've played any of the game, you must know that's not necessary to weaken a pokemon to get it, it's just a way to make it easier to get them.
Maybe Ash thought those Pokemon were weak enought to ignore the battle.
Or maybe he thouth he was using a Master Ball XP

I think Iris is the girl with the best personality in the series, though i only know Misty well, and that of DP a little (i don't remember her name in english version).
The other i just know from movies.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Oct 8, 2010 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
Nice start to the new season.

It's been a long time since I started a Pokemon from the beginning.

Iris is win, I think I'll really like her character.

This is my first time watching a Pokemon series subbed, it might take a little while to get used to the names, but it's not too bad.

I wonder if they'll bring Brock back for this?

I'll definitely be watching this from now on, which I'm sure will be a while.

Urahara Out!!
Oct 8, 2010 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
DON'T LEAVE MIJUMARU YOU FUCKERS.

Sadly, I don't think I'm going to keep watching this :/ It's Pokemon, I love it for the nostalgia aspects. But the show is really weak.
Oct 9, 2010 2:42 AM

Jun 2008
I'm in awe that Iris has such a...childish personality. Especially considering that she is
Is she just pretending?
Oct 9, 2010 5:12 PM

Dec 2009
These two episodes were enjoyable. Not great, but okay. Pokemon still got the best concept ever made, so it's a bit sad that it never gets the chance to fully bloom.
I will probably drop this later on, but who knows.

ImperialX said:
Especially considering that she is
Is she just pretending?

I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 20, 2010 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
garfield15 said:

BTW, Iris is too awesome. I love her voice actress.

Aoi Yuuki is the sole reason I decided to watch this. <3 (Lifelong obsession with Pokemon aside...I was expecing to just catch an episode here and there once it got dubbed as per usual.)

Anywayyy, she's adorable and my favourite girl since Misty~<3 (and I actually loved May and didn't really hate Dawn like a lot of other people, so that's saying something.)

God this makes me feel so nostalgic and happy. <3 It really reminded me of the original series which is FANTASTIC. I don't know why people are surprised about Ash being "dumbed down"-they do that every series, and I fully expected it (although it was a bit extreme this time haha.)

Also Team Rocket's new uniforms are sexy as hell ;D

err, I've been out of the Pokemon fandom for a while, any clue what the shipping name for Iris/Satoshi is? I don't ship it, but I know there's one out there by now and I like to keep up ;D
Nov 28, 2010 4:17 PM

Apr 2007
I wish the team rocket trio were less serious. I miss how different they were from the organization.
Dec 29, 2010 11:16 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm this season looks rather promising o_o and Team Rocket didn't blast OFF AGAIN???? OMG XDD
And Iris is pretty cool too.
But Ash has become a newbie all over again T>T
Jan 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Sep 2010
I found it kind of annoying how they kind of reset satoshi and pikachu. Like when that new rival challenged him, i wish for once satoshi just manhandled ppl because realistically he should be so much stronger after collecting like 30 badges. how is pikachu even phased by a new lvl 1 pokemon? sigh im not even a pokemon fan...just saying lol
Feb 13, 2011 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
"You can't find anything this jiggly in Unova."
I guess that concludes one thing about Prof. Juniper.
Mar 28, 2011 10:37 PM

Sep 2009
I liked the part where Dalia says.
"I wonder how much he will have grown when I see him next."

And you know inside....she was saying.
Fuck, he better not get shorter.
Apr 11, 2011 8:55 AM
Mar 2011
So he got a bird.

And I have a feeling he's gonna get that starter water Pokemon for free.

Team Rocket doing the usual.

Same ol' same ol'.
May 8, 2011 6:49 PM

May 2010
I like how they remix the music from the games into the show.
Jul 2, 2011 2:44 PM

Apr 2010
Cute episode.
Haha, like always... Ash catched flying pokemon first. :D
Oct 13, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
Lol I loled hard on that one, ASh thought that she was a pokemon
Lol Pidove moment, didn't expect that
ASh's 1st catch was very impressive how they featured the battle
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 3, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2008
They vanished with a smoke bomb? Team Rocket could have avoided all of these annoying blast offs in previous episodes if they used these earlier. >.>
Mar 1, 2012 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
Team R are getting stronger for sure and omg Mijimaru is adorable!! <3

Feb 27, 2023 9:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A Pidove? I don´t belive!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode 32 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 28, 2011

12 by Ranxomare »»
May 9, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode 31 Discussion

Oosran - Apr 23, 2011

7 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 15, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode 30 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 14, 2011

12 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 29, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode 29 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 7, 2011

18 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 20, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode 28 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 1, 2011

12 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 7, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.