Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2010 6:09 PM

Aug 2010
Hey I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of question but does anyone know where the best site is to buy an anime poster online? Trying to get one for my college apartment. I did some searching but options seem to be limited.
Sep 11, 2010 9:14 PM

Aug 2010
NOPE, just go to those Anime Expos/Conventions.
they sell A LOT of plushies, posters, figurine, dolls, etc etc etc.
Sep 11, 2010 9:55 PM
Apr 2009
You can go to cons...

but you can also buy from eBay and RightStuf.com

RightStuf is the best place to buy anime online. They have posters and wall scrolls available for sale. I've used it a few times and had great experiences with it. The prices are exceptional when the items you want are part of a sale.
Sep 11, 2010 10:51 PM
Sep 12, 2010 8:52 AM

Aug 2010
thanks
Dec 8, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
Bumping

Still looking for some posters guys, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a good site for AMERICAN Animation posters? I've realized that US Animation>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime and it's not even close, so I'm making the change. Lemme know.
Dec 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
There's also way more than one print-company you can find on the net, where you can print out a poster-size high quality print with whatever motive you want, as long as it has enough dpi. ez
Dec 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
Umm, Amazon really; I bought a massive Vocaloid one a few weeks ago. Plenty of wall scrolls and stuff.
Dec 8, 2011 2:17 PM

Feb 2005
ich1se said:
I've realized that US Animation>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime and it's not even close, so I'm making the change. Lemme know.
Really? Which ones are you thinking of?
Sure, Archer trashes the majority of anime, but I've yet to see any western animation near the level of stuff like Gits or LoGH, mostly the only good western animation is comedies.

http://www.gkworld.com/ also has some wallscrolls at least, probably posters too.
Dec 9, 2011 2:19 PM

Aug 2010
Baman said:
Really? Which ones are you thinking of?
Sure, Archer trashes the majority of anime, but I've yet to see any western animation near the level of stuff like Gits or LoGH, mostly the only good western animation is comedies.

http://www.gkworld.com/ also has some wallscrolls at least, probably posters too.

I actually made a very detailed thread the other day in which I discussed why American Animation is superior but for some reason it seems to have been deleted. Do you know anything about that btw?
ich1seDec 9, 2011 2:26 PM
Dec 9, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
Cause that shit starts flame wars in here and the mods don't want that kind of idiotic stuff to happen.
Dec 9, 2011 2:59 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
Cause that shit starts flame wars in here and the mods don't want that kind of idiotic stuff to happen.

That's weird, I don't think you are the member I directed that question at but whatever :s. "That shit"? Are you referring to my DISCUSSION starting post as the thing that Mods don't want here, because if that's the case than what purpose does this forum serve? How do you have 667 posts if you don't have the ability to discuss things? These "Flame Wars" you're referring to, well we adults refer to them as discussions, believe it or not not everyone has the same exact opinion on everything so heads do occasionally butt, but isn't the ENTIRE purpose of a forum to be a place for people to discuss things? Read this and tell me how "idiotic" it is:

"The holidays are always a time of tradition for me. I turn on the TV in hopes of finding a good Christmas special or something to soothe my passion. As I watched the Ultimate Christmas Special, I came to a startling revelation: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is better than any anime ever. Why is that you ask? Because it’s American! American Animation is of much higher quality and is also MUCH more entertaining than Japanese Anime.
Rudolph is a good starting point here. The short is only about an hour long. During that time we experience conflict, grief, a character arc, a resolution, good memorable sidekicks, and for no reason other to hype the special the glory that is Burl Ives. You don’t need to know why Rudolph’s nose is red, it just is. And for those who want that answer, we’ve got Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July for that!
On the other hand, Texhnolyze takes about 5 episodes to progress anything. It is just a paraplegic guy screaming and trying to climb a staircase.
Rudolph also shows you do not need to have a grim, gritty world to tell a masterful story. While the characters themselves experience trauma that progresses their own identity within the story, the audience is having fun while it occurs. The darkest this special gets is The Island of Misfit Toys, which is a sad concept but is tame to Kurrin dying by Tambourine’s hand.
Or some faggot yelling in pain for 5 episodes.
Looking aside from Christmas for a moment, the heroes found in the average American Animation are much better than the sad excuses for character’s found in Japanese Anime. In American Animation, for example, you have Batman whom gets to fight a robot John Wilkes Booth with Abe Lincoln. In Japanese Anime, on the other end of the spectrum, you have characters like Majin Boo whom is essentially nothing more than a mound of cotton candy in MC Hammer pants with the mind and voice of a toddler with Down’s syndrome. Does that sound like it should be a description of a main villain to you? In American Animated shows, the hero does not typically die, allowing constant adventures to be told. Characters in Anime, however, die and if they are popular enough the writer is forced to think up some contrived plot device to reintroduce them or a clone character in the story.
Or, you know, cut off their limbs because they won’t let their eye be scratched during sex.
In America, the hero stands for something. You have heroes young children can identify with, like Tommy Pickles and his Rugrats. These characters just explore and try to enjoy their day. That is creative and compelling storytelling. For slightly older kids, you’ve got your Transformers, who teach kids not only right and wrong but car safety! Hell you even have My Little Pony for the homosexual community! For teenagers, there are plenty of heroes to pick whatever emotion you are feeling (and lord knows that varies every day). You wanna read real life problems that you can relate to? Spidey’s been that for years. Have a desire for the grim? Sandman is the ultimate piece for any reader. You want comedy? Booster Gold never fails to impress. And if you want one who encompasses all of these themes, Batman has covered them all.
Japan presents a hero as a fickle tool to be used at the writer’s whim. This includes but is not limited to dying, fighting, powering up, starting a harem, fighting, dancing, showing of their “ASSets”, fighting, sweating…
Oh, and yelling in pain.
Discuss."

There's my OP. Nothing idiotic about it, in fact it is very well thought out, written, and backed up with facts. So what exactly about this would start a "Flame War", the fact that I don't share the majority of the board's opinion? I'll wait.
Dec 9, 2011 3:13 PM

Feb 2005
Never saw that thread, but id that's what you posted...
ich1se said:
Because it’s American!
-stopped reading right there.

Failtroll is fail.
Dec 9, 2011 3:16 PM

Jun 2011
Baman said:
ich1se said:
Because it’s American!

Failtroll is fail.

Shit's gonna get interesting now.
Inb4lock.
Dec 9, 2011 3:16 PM
Jan 2011
And so the shit storm beings....

(I'm also looking for anime posters for my college apartment >.< but this thread is derailing fast)
Dec 9, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
Baman said:
ich1se said:
Because it’s American!

Failtroll is fail.

Ignorance is bliss, amirite? That particular line is clearly joking, was just trying to keep it light. Read the rest and than feel free to come to me with any discrepancies you might find.
Dec 9, 2011 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
Inb4lock.

You already posted once, so you were in before the lock. Not too bright, are we :""""(. I'll wait until you get the Mod Staff's "members" out of your mouth for your response.
Dec 9, 2011 3:25 PM

Jun 2011
ich1se said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Inb4lock.

You already posted once, so you were in before the lock. Not too bright, are we :""""(. I'll wait until you get the Mod Staff's "members" out of your mouth for your response.

I'm not reporting this.
I was inb4ing due to shit's gonna go down and most mods tend to lock when threads get derailed.
Also insulting my intelligence, eh? Well, whatever helps you sleep at night.
Dec 9, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
I'm not reporting this.
I was inb4ing due to shit's gonna go down and most mods tend to lock when threads get derailed.

Report me for what :s, vintage snitches always looking for something to tattle on. Shit isn't going to go down, as most of us have hit puberty already unlike yourself and are adult enough to have a legitimate discussion. Now please take your dickriding elsewhere, your cries for attention from the higher ups on the board is making me cringe. Thanks bud.
Dec 9, 2011 3:37 PM

Jun 2011
ich1se said:
IllegalCyrus said:
I'm not reporting this.

Report me for what :s, vintage snitches always looking for something to tattle on. Shit isn't going to go down, as most of us have hit puberty already unlike yourself and are adult enough to have a legitimate discussion. Now please take your dickriding elsewhere, your cries for attention from the higher ups on the board is making me cringe. Thanks bud.

You will be surprised. They're people more immature then I supposedly am on the forums. Also age insults, it really shows the maturity in some people when they have to resort to age. Besides, I don't even dick-ride anyone here cause there is no need to. E-peen means shit.
What makes you think that I want attention from the mods?
I just inb4'd cause I predicted that this was gonna go off-rail as it is right now. Nothing more.
Dec 9, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
You will be surprised. They're people more immature then I supposedly am on the forums. Also age insults, it really shows the maturity in some people when they have to resort to age. Besides, I don't even dick-ride anyone here cause there is no need to. E-peen means shit.
I just inb4'd cause I predicted that this was gonna go off-rail as it is right now. Nothing more.

I highly doubt there are posters more immature than yourself, and I'm not insulting your age I am merely pointing out the fact that your posts clearly could not have been made by anyone over the age of 13. Almost 700 posts in the seven months you've been here, yeah you're CLEARLY not worried about "E-Peen" :'(. What makes me think that you want attention from the Mods is the fact that you do, otherwise you wouldn't have quoted him so he would see you being his cheerleader.The only way this thread is going to derail (off-rail? *facepalm*) is if you continue to discuss things off topic. Now stop ruining my thread. Negged.
Dec 9, 2011 4:24 PM

Jun 2011
ich1se said:
IllegalCyrus said:

I highly doubt there are posters more immature than yourself, and I'm not insulting your age I am merely pointing out the fact that your posts clearly could not have been made by anyone over the age of 13. Almost 700 posts in the seven months you've been here, yeah you're CLEARLY not worried about "E-Peen" :'(. What makes me think that you want attention from the Mods is the fact that you do, otherwise you wouldn't have quoted him so he would see you being his cheerleader.The only way this thread is going to derail (off-rail? *facepalm*) is if you continue to discuss things off topic. Now stop ruining my thread. Negged.

If it was anyone who did that. Due to knowing how you would retaliate with stuff like this. I would still say that shit was going down. Well I thought you were implying age due to the fact that most 14-12 year-olds have not hit puberty. I don't care for E-Peen, you are right. 700 posts in 7 months is easy actually. Please show me an example that my posts show that I am immature besides the inb4.
Fun to note: You started going off rail on YOUR OWN THREAD by saying American animation was better then anime when you were asking for anime posters.
Dec 9, 2011 4:35 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
If it was anyone who did that. Due to knowing how you would retaliate with stuff like this. I would still say that shit was going down. Well I thought you were implying age due to the fact that most 14-12 year-olds have not hit puberty. I don't care for E-Peen, you are right. 700 posts in 7 months is easy actually. Please show me an example that my posts show that I am immature besides the inb4.
Fun to note: You started going off rail on YOUR OWN THREAD by saying American animation was better then anime when you were asking for anime posters.

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you were trying to say with this convoluted mess of a post. Once you get a grasp on the basics of the English language lemme know. Now run along little guy. Negged.
Dec 9, 2011 4:39 PM

Jun 2011
ich1se said:
IllegalCyrus said:

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you were trying to say with this convoluted mess of a post. Once you get a grasp on the basics of the English language lemme know. Now run along little guy. Negged.

English Only?
I'm guessing you ran out of arguments and can only resort to saying that I don't grasp English? I just posted random thoughts in a paragraph to respond to all of your previous post. Problem? Well that settles it, argument done. Back to your thread.
Dec 9, 2011 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
I was going to say that Nyantype and Megami (occasionally Newtype as well) magazines give out some awesome posters in each issue, but looking at the direction of this thread... nevermind, I'll refrain from commenting any further.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 9, 2011 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
Lol real fag in the house. So big E-peen man ;_;
Dec 9, 2011 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
CrimsonLight said:
You shouldn't have said that you've just fed the troll. Basically you just threw a steak in a lion's cage.
Dec 9, 2011 5:01 PM

Jun 2011
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:
You shouldn't have said that you've just fed the troll. Basically you just threw a steak in a lion's cage.

But if you a feed a lion, it might pull off some tricks.
Dec 9, 2011 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

But I want to be entertained!
Dec 9, 2011 5:04 PM

Sep 2011
IllegalCyrus said:
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

Currently I don't have an answer for that.
Dec 9, 2011 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
Appel_stroop said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

You don't have too. Troll fights bring out entertainment.
Back to the thread: Does anyone know where I can find a good K-ON poster?
Dec 10, 2011 2:41 AM

Dec 2009
IllegalCyrus said:

Amazon.com has some posters, I think they look kinda nice :)

Off Topic: God I hate the word" E-Peen" -_-' Negged.
Dec 10, 2011 1:03 PM

Mar 2011
ich1se said:
Baman said:
ich1se said:
Because it’s American!

Failtroll is fail.

Ignorance is bliss, amirite? That particular line is clearly joking, was just trying to keep it light. Read the rest and than feel free to come to me with any discrepancies you might find.

If you feel that American animation is superior then why are you on a site dedicated to discussing anime?
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Dec 10, 2011 6:05 PM

Oct 2011
whoa I thought this was about posters. But anyways I think some the best places to get them are at anime fests and what not. Usually when you look into stores that merchandise that stuff, they mark it up full retail plus extra for profit. Online distributors are also good in a sense that you are satisfied with how much shipping would cost XD
Dec 11, 2011 8:47 PM

Aug 2010
itsthatguy said:
If you feel that American animation is superior then why are you on a site dedicated to discussing anime?

Obviously when I joined I was into manga but I have finally realized just how below average it is as far as animated shows go, problem?
Dec 11, 2011 8:51 PM

Aug 2010
IllegalCyrus said:

English Only?
I'm guessing you ran out of arguments and can only resort to saying that I don't grasp English? I just posted random thoughts in a paragraph to respond to all of your previous post. Problem? Well that settles it, argument done. Back to your thread.

Or maybe it's because your post redefined how epically someone can butcher a language, either or, vintage Miley Cyrus always seething :'''''''''''''''(
Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
guyklc said:
I was going to say that Nyantype and Megami (occasionally Newtype as well) magazines give out some awesome posters in each issue, but looking at the direction of this thread... nevermind, I'll refrain from commenting any further.

Probably for the best, now kindly see your way out of my thread virgin. Negged.

CrimsonLight said:

Wow, what an absolutely juvenile post. Thanks for your input ButtholeTight :'(

Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

Appel_stroop said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

IllegalCyrus said:
Appel_stroop said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Appel_stroop said:
CrimsonLight said:

You don't have too. Troll fights bring out entertainment.

:s please take this jerk circle out of my thread, thanks. /Infracted
Dec 11, 2011 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
Oh Lawl this topic was great for a laugh. Thanks everyone I needed it.
Dec 11, 2011 9:39 PM

Aug 2008
Why isn't this thread locked yet? -_-

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 12, 2011 1:10 AM

May 2011
On Topic: I'm not too sure about specific posters, like a K-ON! one, but I agree with searching conventions and perhaps Amazon. You might also want to check out some nearby bookstores. Occasionally they might sell a poster, but I'm sure that's if you buy the manga as well, and it's probably rarer than I'm thinking.

There're also other websites online like allposters.com, but I personally haven't tried it out. A friend has, and she liked it, so it might be worthwhile. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. ^^V

Off Topic:
ich1se said:
"The holidays are always a time of tradition for me. I turn on the TV in hopes of finding a good Christmas special or something to soothe my passion. As I watched the Ultimate Christmas Special, I came to a startling revelation: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is better than any anime ever. Why is that you ask? Because it’s American! American Animation is of much higher quality and is also MUCH more entertaining than Japanese Anime.
Rudolph is a good starting point here. The short is only about an hour long. During that time we experience conflict, grief, a character arc, a resolution, good memorable sidekicks, and for no reason other to hype the special the glory that is Burl Ives. You don’t need to know why Rudolph’s nose is red, it just is. And for those who want that answer, we’ve got Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July for that!
On the other hand, Texhnolyze takes about 5 episodes to progress anything. It is just a paraplegic guy screaming and trying to climb a staircase.
Rudolph also shows you do not need to have a grim, gritty world to tell a masterful story. While the characters themselves experience trauma that progresses their own identity within the story, the audience is having fun while it occurs. The darkest this special gets is The Island of Misfit Toys, which is a sad concept but is tame to Kurrin dying by Tambourine’s hand.
Or some faggot yelling in pain for 5 episodes.
Looking aside from Christmas for a moment, the heroes found in the average American Animation are much better than the sad excuses for character’s found in Japanese Anime. In American Animation, for example, you have Batman whom gets to fight a robot John Wilkes Booth with Abe Lincoln. In Japanese Anime, on the other end of the spectrum, you have characters like Majin Boo whom is essentially nothing more than a mound of cotton candy in MC Hammer pants with the mind and voice of a toddler with Down’s syndrome. Does that sound like it should be a description of a main villain to you? In American Animated shows, the hero does not typically die, allowing constant adventures to be told. Characters in Anime, however, die and if they are popular enough the writer is forced to think up some contrived plot device to reintroduce them or a clone character in the story.
Or, you know, cut off their limbs because they won’t let their eye be scratched during sex.
In America, the hero stands for something. You have heroes young children can identify with, like Tommy Pickles and his Rugrats. These characters just explore and try to enjoy their day. That is creative and compelling storytelling. For slightly older kids, you’ve got your Transformers, who teach kids not only right and wrong but car safety! Hell you even have My Little Pony for the homosexual community! For teenagers, there are plenty of heroes to pick whatever emotion you are feeling (and lord knows that varies every day). You wanna read real life problems that you can relate to? Spidey’s been that for years. Have a desire for the grim? Sandman is the ultimate piece for any reader. You want comedy? Booster Gold never fails to impress. And if you want one who encompasses all of these themes, Batman has covered them all.
Japan presents a hero as a fickle tool to be used at the writer’s whim. This includes but is not limited to dying, fighting, powering up, starting a harem, fighting, dancing, showing of their “ASSets”, fighting, sweating…
Oh, and yelling in pain.
Discuss."

There's my OP. Nothing idiotic about it, in fact it is very well thought out, written, and backed up with facts. So what exactly about this would start a "Flame War", the fact that I don't share the majority of the board's opinion? I'll wait.

Are you retarded?

Nothing about this was thought out. At all, obviously. If you're trying to write a fact-based statement, don't start off saying something's better just "Because it's American!" Origin isn't a major factor if you're talking about quality unless you over-generalize the whole thing.

Which you're doing. Not every Japanese anime is full of sweaty, muscle-men with power-ups, ridiculously well-endowed women in harems, or dark fights with lots of screaming. Not every Japanese anime lasts 500+ episodes with no development whatsoever. Not every Japanese anime revolves around "fickle" heroes or poorly designed characters that look like cotton balls. Do some? Yes, yes they do. But the same goes for some American cartoons. It all depends on what you watch.

Sure, Dragon Ball Z lasts forever and doesn't get much done in 1 or 2 episodes. But it's still one of if not the most famous anime in the world now. Scores of American children have seen it. Naruto had about 100 episodes if not more of filler. That accomplished nothing, but it's still considered one of "The Big Three." There are also movies, specials, or just short series that do perfectly in with time and development all around, some shorter than your Rudolph movie. You can't judge whether a series is crap or not solely on length.

And not all anime has a fluffball for a hero. Most of them involve accurately drawn human beings, not distorted fluff. There are too many examples of good art in anime that I can't begin to list any.

As far as plots go, it all depends on the genre. You want something grim and gruesome? Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Fun and lively? Shinryaku! Ika Musume. Action packed and a classic? Yu Yu Hakusho. Deep? Kino no Tabi. Sweet yet sad? Fruits Basket. Something for a 3-year-old to enjoy? My Neighbor Totoro.

Those were just some examples from some of my personal favourites that were more than appropriate choices. So let me be the first to say that I'm biased with this discussion, but you are, as well. It's just a preference. However, I get annoyed easily when people such as yourself come to a website centered around anime and openly slander it. Actually, no. That's not too bad, seeing as everyone's entitled to an opinion. It's when you don't expect someone to disagree with you so you start to act like a prick that annoys me. That is what starts a "Flame War," not having a different opinion. That's why we have the forums, to discuss those opinions. But you're not "discussing;" you're just playing the devil's advocate. And you're being kind of a douchebag about it. That's my opinion.
Dec 12, 2011 1:18 AM

Oct 2011
Me throughout entire arguement:
Dec 13, 2011 5:43 PM

Aug 2010
FatherAnderson said:
Oh Lawl this topic was great for a laugh. Thanks everyone I needed it.

Why are you thanking anyone other than me :S? No one has posted anything intelligent, let alone humorous, in this thread (yourself included) other than myself. Even the almighty Admin backed down, guess he realized E-Stature doesn't equal intelligence:'''''(. Oh yeah, negged.

guyklc said:
Why isn't this thread locked yet? -_-

What reasoning would be behind locking this thread :S. Stop seething phaggot.
Dec 13, 2011 5:44 PM

Aug 2010
NinjaNeachy said:
Me throughout entire arguement:

Wow, MAL posters stay redefining the term awkward :sssssssssss
Dec 13, 2011 6:06 PM

Dec 2011
Dec 13, 2011 6:53 PM

Aug 2010
Forest-kun said:
Are you retarded?

Nothing about this was thought out. At all, obviously. If you're trying to write a fact-based statement, don't start off saying something's better just "Because it's American!" Origin isn't a major factor if you're talking about quality unless you over-generalize the whole thing.

ich1se said:
Baman said:
ich1se said:
Because it’s American!

Failtroll is fail.

It might serve you better in the future to read through the whole thread before you jump in with an unnecessarily long shit post hoping people will just assume with quantity comes quality.

Which you're doing. Not every Japanese anime is full of sweaty, muscle-men with power-ups, ridiculously well-endowed women in harems, or dark fights with lots of screaming. Not every Japanese anime lasts 500+ episodes with no development whatsoever. Not every Japanese anime revolves around "fickle" heroes or poorly designed characters that look like cotton balls. Do some? Yes, yes they do. But the same goes for some American cartoons. It all depends on what you watch.

Sure, Dragon Ball Z lasts forever and doesn't get much done in 1 or 2 episodes. But it's still one of if not the most famous anime in the world now. Scores of American children have seen it. Naruto had about 100 episodes if not more of filler. That accomplished nothing, but it's still considered one of "The Big Three." There are also movies, specials, or just short series that do perfectly in with time and development all around, some shorter than your Rudolph movie. You can't judge whether a series is crap or not solely on length.

>Tries to make a point contradicting my post
>Only gives examples that back up the point I'm arguing

You most be a top tier poster :'''''''(

And not all anime has a fluffball for a hero. Most of them involve accurately drawn human beings, not distorted fluff. There are too many examples of good art in anime that I can't begin to list any.

Vintage shit poster copout. If there's so many "examples of good art in anime" it shouldn't be a problem to give one or two, so how can you not begin to list any :S:S:S?

con·tra·dic·tion
noun
1. the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.
2. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.
3. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.
4. direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency.
5. a contradictory act, fact, etc.

:S

As far as plots go, it all depends on the genre. You want something grim and gruesome? Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Fun and lively? Shinryaku! Ika Musume. Action packed and a classic? Yu Yu Hakusho. Deep? Kino no Tabi. Sweet yet sad? Fruits Basket. Something for a 3-year-old to enjoy? My Neighbor Totoro.

My point is that American animation also has shows for all those genres the difference is the American ones are enjoyable while your examples are redefining the term horrendous as we speak. Not sure the point you're trying to make with this especially convoluted section of the post...

Those were just some examples from some of my personal favourites that were more than appropriate choices. So let me be the first to say that I'm biased with this discussion, but you are, as well. It's just a preference.

Wow.....what a stunning revelation :'''(. Of course it's preference, would it be considered discussion if people did not disagree and therefor have something to discuss? No, it would instead be a circle jerk (something I'm sure you're QUITE familiar with) with everyone nonsensically professing their love for something. Sounds fun :S...

However, I get annoyed easily when people such as yourself come to a website centered around anime and openly slander it.

Oh really?

Actually, no. That's not too bad, seeing as everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Guess not :"""""""(.

It's when you don't expect someone to disagree with you so you start to act like a prick that annoys me. That is what starts a "Flame War," not having a different opinion. That's why we have the forums, to discuss those opinions. But you're not "discussing;" you're just playing the devil's advocate. And you're being kind of a douchebag about it.

Ummm of course I was expecting people to disagree with me, as I was attempting to spark a DISCUSSION. Devil's Advocate? Implying that it isn't my true opinion that American Animation takes a HUGE steaming shit all over Anime, when in fact it is.....real strong point champ. Finally LOL @ anyone getting upset about something over the internet, I think it's time to put down the Hot Pocket and step away from the computer virgin. There's a whole new world out there.

That's my opinion.

And it's a shit one at that, but thanks for trying kid.

Negged.
Oct 12, 2017 3:29 PM
Feb 2016
Does anyone know where I can find a good Darker than Black Poster.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 8 hours ago

14 by Bandulf »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 10 hours ago

13 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Bandulf »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 54 minutes ago

11 by bevarnow »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

10 by Daviljoe193 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.