Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 4, 2010 4:37 AM

Sep 2009
kiriya's reaction to Miria's troll

And Oga's reply towards Yagi's trolling

Sep 4, 2010 4:50 AM

Aug 2007
-.-

you guys just know to bad mouth, really this isnt to please you it was meant to be like that.

Great chapter, really great, its second time I cried on a manga. The reason why she could not awake and got totally ruined inside was cuz of #10 Raftela organizations trump card. One of best claymore characters died still not reason to drop claymore. In other mangas similar things happen.

R.I.P. Miria
Sep 4, 2010 1:37 PM
Apr 2010
It was said before that she fights like number 1 in a group. And here she wasn't.

Very regretable. T_T

Still, I'm hapy that their trump card wasn't Raki...
Sep 4, 2010 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
Sebushka said:
It was said before that she fights like number 1 in a group. And here she wasn't.

She was supposed to be so strong when leading a group not fighting one by herself.

@ EdwardDaemon
Nicely said :)
New profile design sucks.
Sep 4, 2010 4:28 PM
Aug 2010
What the hell was that? One of the coolest characters dead? i wont accept this.
Sep 4, 2010 8:13 PM

Feb 2008
ok, so when was the last time we saw her anyways. i don't get why people are so upset about her death. well supposed death. well even if she is dead....too bad lets pick up the story...speed it up a little.
Sep 4, 2010 11:19 PM

May 2009
Wasn't expecting that, nicely done. RIP Miria (if she's actually dies that is)

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Sep 5, 2010 3:02 AM

Jul 2008
I was really upset about what happen to Miria, chances of her living now are pretty slim unless someone came to the rescue =.= hope a miracle happens.
Sep 5, 2010 3:03 AM

Oct 2009
RIP Miria. Unless Claymores have something special to bring her back, we;ll never see her again.

Talked about being properly mashed/sliced!

Sep 5, 2010 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
She got turned into ground beef. @_@
Sep 5, 2010 8:05 PM
Apr 2010
way to kill someone off

her not wanting to kill was he biggest problem it

would have been a breeze if she had had a killing intent.

this is probably the only
managa in jump square that kills off any main character

the battle was to short and she should have gone after the men in black so it was her fault for being so reckless...

united we stand divided we fall is very simple they were all so strong together but them all going different ways is there own downfall

all bronze and no brains
Sep 5, 2010 8:37 PM

Jan 2010
i don't know whether or not to believe Miria is really dead. I've read too much manga to be 100% sure of her death. A lot of them have characters who seemingly come back from the grave so I'm not counting Miria out of the picture yet. =O
Sep 5, 2010 9:53 PM

Jul 2009
girlsdeadmonster said:

all bronze and no brains

Sorry, I lol'd really hard at that.

Anyway, Miria.... sigh....
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 6, 2010 3:07 AM
Jul 2008
Lord_Terentius said:
RIP Miria. Unless Claymores have something special to bring her back, we;ll never see her again.

Talked about being properly mashed/sliced!
indeed.

i can't help but hope this is not the end though :<
Sep 6, 2010 4:01 AM

Feb 2009
Poor Miria... Another great character passed away. Another creepy death after Isley's. For her to die like this, losing her mind and crying... Yagi sure knows how to make his readers uncomfortable.

I don't think she could have survived this, though I still hope for it.
Sep 6, 2010 7:06 AM

Sep 2009
Laevantein said:
The mangaka just killed the only reason i read this???
Same for me :(, but I'll wait to next chapter, maybe miracle will happen and Miria escape death.
girlsdeadmonster said:
her not wanting to kill was he biggest problem it

would have been a breeze if she had had a killing intent.
She played too long with twins that's true, but I doubt if Raftela will be such a breeze. She looks like a tough enemy.
Sep 6, 2010 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
rip miria, tho i forgot who was she in the previous chapters..
was she the leader of that organisation where clare is ?
Sep 6, 2010 11:53 AM

Jun 2010
NOOOOOO MIRIA :'(
and her death wasn't fair
dammit
it was 2 on one
then 3 on on one
then 50 on one

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
if clare and others were only there, if only miria were to kill the twins, and not be nice and just try to injure them, dammit :'(
Sep 7, 2010 2:07 AM

Dec 2007
Well that was depressing, Miria was one of my favorite characters too v.v. I'm kind of hoping she didn't die but I'm really doubting she survived that. Seems like Raftela will be a tough opponent for them too. I wonder what the next chapter will be about.
Sep 7, 2010 8:32 AM

Jul 2008
Well I was completely wrong haha. I expected Miria to finish those two off rather easily, but I should have expected as much from Yagi. He always kills off the best characters (Teresa, Flora, Isley and now Maria). I wonder what Priscilla's situation will be once this manga ends. I really have no idea where it's headed.

Oh and if number 10 is trained specifically for warrior vs warrior battles and is the organizations trump card then why didn't they send her after Teresa along with 2, 3, 4 and 5?
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Sep 7, 2010 8:42 AM

Dec 2009
Touka said:
Oh and if number 10 is trained specifically for warrior vs warrior battles and is the organizations trump card then why didn't they send her after Teresa along with 2, 3, 4 and 5?

Maybe she joined recently.
Sep 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
EdwardDaemon said:
Touka said:

But Rubel made a point of saying;

"For generations, the number 10s of the organization have, regardless of their battle ability, been chosen due to excellence in a certain ability."

Teresa was around only two generations ago given the current time in the series, so according to Rubel a trump card number 10 warrior would have existed then as well.
Sep 7, 2010 10:03 AM

Dec 2008
Touka said:

Teresa was very good at sensing youki flow so maybe this trick would not work on her, not to mention that Teresa was way more powerful than Miria and it wouldn't be surprising if Raftela predecessor was KO'd before even having the chance to synchronize with her.
Another thing is that it seems that Raftela ability required that the target revealed her youki first, in Teresa case it might have been difficult since normally she was not using much of her power and if she went all out her aura was probably closer to that of an Abyssal One than any normal warrior and I doubt that someone like Raftela could influence something so overwhelming.
And finally Rubel said also that number 10 were "keeping themselves within organization (most likely HQ) at all times".
Sep 7, 2010 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
Touka said:
EdwardDaemon said:
Touka said:

"For generations, the number 10s of the organization have, regardless of their battle ability, been chosen due to excellence in a certain ability."

Teresa was around only two generations ago given the current time in the series, so according to Rubel a trump card number 10 warrior would have existed then as well.

The key phrase here is: "A certain ability". It's doesn't mean that all tens had the same ability and where used for the same purpose.
Sep 7, 2010 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
Karharot said:
Touka said:

Teresa was very good at sensing youki flow so maybe this trick would not work on her, not to mention that Teresa was way more powerful than Miria and it wouldn't be surprising if Raftela predecessor was KO'd before even having the chance to synchronize with her.
Another thing is that it seems that Raftela ability required that the target revealed her youki first, in Teresa case it might have been difficult since normally she was not using much of her power and if she went all out her aura was probably closer to that of an Abyssal One than any normal warrior and I doubt that someone like Raftela could influence something so overwhelming.
And finally Rubel said also that number 10 were "keeping themselves within organization (most likely HQ) at all times".

Fair points, although Teresa never had any intention of attacking another warrior unless they attacked her first. Considering number 10s ability doesn't require contact with the adversary it seems like she could have been of some use. As you say though, it might require her target to reveal their youki first, in which case it wouldn't have been very helpful. Guess we'll just have to hope Yagi gives us some more info.

Monad said:
Touka said:
EdwardDaemon said:
Touka said:

The key phrase here is: "A certain ability". It's doesn't mean that all tens had the same ability and where used for the same purpose.

Actually yes it does because Rubel goes on to say the ability is sensory control. The full quote is as follows;

"For generations, the number 10s of the organization have, regardless of their battle ability, been chosen due to excellence in a certain ability and keep themselves within the organization at all times. The ability in question is sensory control by youki synchronicity... in other words, number 10 is the sole warrior out of 47 others who has been trained specifically for warrior vs warrior battles."

Page 22, you can confirm it yourself.
Sep 7, 2010 4:37 PM

Oct 2007
@Touka: I think you are missing 2 importance points in there.
First, the target warriors MUST use yoki or has their yoki turns on, which is the case here since Teresa did not fight with her yoki on(IIRC)

Second, the stronger your hatred is the more the effect of the ability has on you. In this case, Teresa did not possess any hatred toward anyone not even the Org.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 7, 2010 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
huh, so all number 10s have a special ability, i think i'll have to check the previous chapters for proof
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 7, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
@Touka: I think you are missing 2 importance points in there.
First, the target warriors MUST use yoki or has their yoki turns on, which is the case here since Teresa did not fight with her yoki on(IIRC)

Second, the stronger your hatred is the more the effect of the ability has on you. In this case, Teresa did not possess any hatred toward anyone not even the Org.

Actually Teresa was forced to fight with her youki in the end and it was made clear the organization knew Priscilla would become stronger than Teresa so I think they anticipated as much. I didn't really understand why hating the organization makes number 10s ability more effective though. Rubel said that number 10 can control a persons deep thoughts, so obviously she could bring up some bad memories or confuse someone into thinking a dead person is alive to put them emotionally off balance (like we saw in this chapter), but how does hating the organization amplify this? Maybe I just missed something.
Sep 7, 2010 6:44 PM

Oct 2008
Yamamoto_Isoroku said:
Poor Miria... Another great character passed away. Another creepy death after Isley's. For her to die like this, losing her mind and crying... Yagi sure knows how to make his readers uncomfortable.

In the case that she were killed I was hoping that her death was more...I don't know..amazing because she was a great character...
I will miss you...
Sep 7, 2010 9:02 PM

Dec 2008
kage-bunshin said:
huh, so all number 10s have a special ability, i think i'll have to check the previous chapters for proof

You won't find any, Raftela is the first number 10 that appeared in the manga.

oblow20 said:
In the case that she were killed I was hoping that her death was more...I don't know..amazing because she was a great character...

Flora died in similiar way - without any meaning, despite the fact that she was interesting character. It is more realistic this way although it's true that also a little dissapointing.
KarharotSep 8, 2010 12:17 PM
Sep 8, 2010 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
@Touka: I forgot one more point where Rubel stated that she would have had her revenge if only she didn't come alone. Which mean there could be another weakness of #10 ability here. On the other hand, as someone has stated before, you could assume that #10 is like a tower defend for the HQ so she can't just go around to get her target.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 8, 2010 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
Ah,misclicked and voted "loved it" instead of "hated it" ^_^
Anyway...that was too unfair.Miria was one of my favourite claymores and making her die this way is unforgivable :(
Only thing left for me now is to hope that Raki doesn't die somewhere along the way :S

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 8, 2010 3:32 PM

Jun 2010
ChaosLegion said:
Anyway...that was too unfair.Miria was one of my favourite claymores and making her die this way is unforgivable :(
Only thing left for me now is to hope that Raki doesn't die somewhere along the way :S

OH LAWD I HOPE RAKI DOESN'T BECOME A 'CLAYMORE'
since the organization took him... oh the suspense and the possible outcomes
hopefully next chapter get to see what became of clare, and that goddamn bi*ch priscilla
Sep 8, 2010 7:17 PM
Mar 2010
Yoki Manipulation needs yoki to work on. It's just like Yoki Sensing. A Claymore uses their yoki on the target's yoki to sense that target's yoki and thus the target. Same with all other Yoki abilities, including Teresa's and now Clare's "PYS" ability.

Also, Yoki abilities are effected by whichever's yoki is more powerful. There's no character that can use Yoki Manipulation or Yoki Control on Priscilla, because her yoki is just too powerful. We see how the Destroyer's projectiles have no effect on Priscilla, compared to Deneve and Beth (though Priscilla was never impaled by a huge projectile... they just blew chunks out of her... and out of Clare...)

Take the Pieta ABs and their Yoki Control ability. They could effect the weaker yoki Undine, the two Claymores, and even Clare and Deneve....

Until Clare and Deneve raised their yoki to 80%, at which point their yoki was powerful enough to break the Yoki Control upon their bodies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dauf was obviously already releasing his yoki.

Galatea had to use verbal insults, a 2v1 combat (Clare's help), and Clare's Quick Sword to distract and dis-concentrate Dauf, in order for her Yoki Manipulation to effect him.

Whereas, Riful countered it, by motivating Dauf to fully concentrate and to use his full force (as Galatea's Yoki Manipulation wasn't very strong, it wasn't Yoki Control, like the 2 Pieta ABs had), which once he did, Galatea's Yoki Manipulation had no effect on him.

----------------------

After the trainee Awakening Twins got Miria to release her yoki and use the Phantom Step....

Raftela could then use her weaker Yoki Manipulation ability to distort Miria's senses.

Once Miria was distracted and dis-concentrating from her distorted senses, Raftela could now with her stronger Yoki Manipulation ability, invade Miria's mind, and cause the mental illusion of her beloved Hilda.
HegemonKhanSep 8, 2010 7:25 PM
Sep 8, 2010 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
Sigh 1/5 not much more to say
Sep 9, 2010 3:18 AM

May 2009
Siva said:
@Touka: I forgot one more point where Rubel stated that she would have had her revenge if only she didn't come alone. Which mean there could be another weakness of #10 ability here. On the other hand, as someone has stated before, you could assume that #10 is like a tower defend for the HQ so she can't just go around to get her target.

Thiat weakness would most likely be that she can't manipulate two Claymore's minds at once, so while Miria would be like "hurr durr I see dead people", Thabita would be all like "lol I accidentally the whole Orgnisation".
Sep 9, 2010 9:27 PM
Aug 2009
sirwence said:
Sigh 1/5 not much more to say

Same.
Sep 9, 2010 10:50 PM

Aug 2008
It was a good chapter, but her death felt so unnecessary and preventable. When the #10 stepped in there is when I thought that this fight was getting truly ridiculous and dangerous. But she didn't last much longer after that. "FFFUUUUUUUUUUU!"
Sep 10, 2010 4:00 AM

Oct 2007
sucks she died that way =(.. Miria you will be missed
Sep 10, 2010 11:48 AM
Dec 2007
Gruesome death for an amazing character. As violent and unfair as the death of Teresa earlier, but hey, that's why we all read Claymore and not some other crappy shonen, eh ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 11, 2010 10:52 AM
Jul 2010
I believe that miria is better than this. the chapter is called "phantom & illusion" after all, the whole thing we just saw may just be an illusion. She's one of my favorites too, I really hope she'll survive this, we dont know for sure yet if she's dead or not. It would really disappoint me if she got fooled by a thing like this, we're talking about miria after all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2010 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Jallium said:
It would really disappoint me if she got fooled by a thing like this, we're talking about miria after all.

Everyone has weaknesses, even Theresa was killed because of one. Miria as powerful as she is (was?) made a lots of mistakes even before she started this fight so it would only be natural if she paid the price for it...
Sep 11, 2010 2:44 PM

Aug 2010
I think that the "illusion" from the title is Hilda. Miira's Phantom was defeated by #10 illusion and Miria is dead:( I can't imagine how will they manage without her. And how will they defead the organisation now.
Sep 11, 2010 5:57 PM

Jun 2010
i hope priscilla reaches the organization somehow, or they have some conflict in the future, that'd be cool to see, i think the org still has some dark secret thats, well... a secret
Sep 12, 2010 4:43 AM
Jul 2010
Karharot said:
Jallium said:
It would really disappoint me if she got fooled by a thing like this, we're talking about miria after all.

Everyone has weaknesses, even Theresa was killed because of one. Miria as powerful as she is (was?) made a lots of mistakes even before she started this fight so it would only be natural if she paid the price for it...

That's true, but it's hard to admit this since she was my favorite in claymore :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2010 4:58 AM

Aug 2010
I find it funny how the likes of Uma and Cynthia can still live to tell the tale when Miria is wiped out of the series just like that-

...on second thoughts- it's not funny at all-

urgh! WHY?!?!
Sep 12, 2010 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
Miria O_________________O
Sep 12, 2010 12:25 PM
Jul 2010
cat-craze said:
I find it funny how the likes of Uma and Cynthia can still live to tell the tale when Miria is wiped out of the series just like that-

...on second thoughts- it's not funny at all-

urgh! WHY?!?!

thats probably it BUT we dont know for sure yet until next chapter release. lets just hope that miria is still being alive..
Sep 12, 2010 12:28 PM
Jul 2010
ChaosLegion said:

i agree about miria, but who gives a fuck about raki? hes so annoying ._.
Sep 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Jan 2010
WTF, Miria lived as one of the most intelligent claymores and died as a schizo?! The hell. If you're going to kill off a character as awesome as Miria, at least do it with style! Graaaahhh!! X-(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

9 by saketsahu »»
May 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 2 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

12 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Apr 29, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.