Forum Settings
Forums

Do you find that your Favourite Characters are similar?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 15, 2011 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
didn't even notice i had a all girl list haha (tough tomoya and nagisa should also be in there but the list won't allow any more)
half are all from romance/drama's and had something terible happen to them (think it's empathy) there are a lot of chars i realy like. so my list of favorit chars is kinda invalid. just look at every anime i rated 9 or 10 and those all have some of my favorit chars
May 15, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
I've had a changing in the guard a while back and found that my favorite characters all have some form of love issues. Otherwise, I don't think they're any bit alike at all.
May 15, 2011 10:02 PM

Feb 2011
IMO mine tend to have a "cool/laidback" auroa to them.

^^^^^Click^^^^
May 15, 2011 10:44 PM

Nov 2010
Mine are all either completely badass or hawt. :D
May 16, 2011 3:24 PM

Feb 2010
lol the main similarity between kyou, kagami, and mizore is that they have the same hair color
May 17, 2011 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
Mine tend to either be the ones that are full of energy or the really silent strong types.

Thats my own observation anyway.
May 17, 2011 3:52 AM

Sep 2010
almost all of em are tsundere.
hmmm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2011 4:07 AM

Jul 2010
Mine are split into groups it seems...

Lelouch and Light - The Same. Super Intelligent freaks.
Heiwajima and Onizuka - Both are "Badasses"
Haruhi and Holo - Their personalities are extremely similar.
Kyon, Rena, Konata and Kanade - These guys don't really fit in the other groups.

Overall - My favourite characters tend to be ones with "Big" personalities, the only one that could be considered "Reserved" would be Kanade.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

May 17, 2011 9:06 PM
May 2011
Besides the same VAs I would have to say no xD
May 18, 2011 3:39 PM

Dec 2010

Hell yeah they are the greatest creation to have ever enter into existence and my eyes are privileged to have been graced by them. They are are all reasonably strong characters and have demonstrated the ability to kick ass.

If they materialized in front of me I would worship the air they breathe and the ground they walked on. I would be honored if they stepped on my face. If a volcano erupted I would lay on the lava just so they could used me to save themselves.

edit; lol typo, wrong word :D
Mika_InamoriMay 18, 2011 4:19 PM
May 18, 2011 5:57 PM
Dec 2008
Asuka Soryu, Misaka and Taiga are similar for being tsundere, but not much else. :)
Sebastian and Mukuro are a bit similar for having a darkish appeal and being godlike handsome.

Heh. I didn't really think about it until now~
x3
May 20, 2011 1:32 AM

Jan 2010
yup most of the are narcissism or devilish or badass

May 20, 2011 4:35 AM

Nov 2010
Only two of mine, Yuki Nagato and Mai Minakami, are similar. They're both the stoic, mysterious and intelligent type. The other three aren't that similar; they're all very individual in their own way, especially Miyako from Hidamari Sketch. xD
May 20, 2011 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
Traps and funny guys atm. With the exception of Kaiji.
May 20, 2011 5:56 AM

Mar 2011
Light and Lelouch, very intelligent + highly ambitious.
If you consider light a psychopath then I'd be as well ^^
Johan Liebert, from Monster, the intelligent, and psychopath with huge mental disturbance and very good at playing with people's emotions which sth I enjoy !!
Usui Walker, his way of seducing was the one I use a lot. Make the target ( girl) think that you are a pervert...
Monkey D Luffy, I find him ambitious, friendly in his own way, not concerned about external events and life twists...Original.

So yeah, I agree with one who said that the mixture and correlation of these characters forms my own character ^^
"Il est difficile d'attraper un chat noir dans une pièce sombre, surtout lorsqu'il n'y est pas."
May 20, 2011 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
On the whole the thing that connect my favorite characters together, is that they're all young fools.
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
May 20, 2011 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
All of mine are ren'ai game characters.
May 20, 2011 11:50 AM

May 2011
While it's early in my jump back into watching Anime, for the few series I have watched I seem to favor the supporting / side characters that are funny, moronic, a bit obnoxious, but play a very important role in either developing and/or protecting the main characters. I probably need to bust out into some more genres and watch a bit more to really know, but that's an early pulse for where I am at.
May 20, 2011 12:18 PM

May 2010
Eight of my nine favorite characters have one thing in common: They don't talk much.
May 20, 2011 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
I guess Holo and Senjougahara are similar.
May 20, 2011 4:52 PM

Oct 2009
Let's see:
Keiki is a serious, kind of quiet type.
Hige is an outgoing, jokster/ class clown/goofball, laidback, ladies' man.
Inuyasha is a sarcastic and selfish badboy with an attitude problem who also sometimes has a sweet side to him.
Yuuko is a bossy but comical characer who can also sometimes be serious.
Kagome is a very kind-hearted, forgiving, but easily frustrated/annoyed and strong-willed girl.
Yokko is a very submissive girl at first who let's people boss her around and tell her what to do,but then she becomes stronger and starts thinking for herself as the series goes on.
Yoshimori is....well I only just started watching Kekkaishi so I don't know his character that well.

Nope. They're not really alike at all. I guess I like a variety of different personalities.
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!
May 20, 2011 4:56 PM
Apr 2011
I usually tend to relate to mine or connect to them in some way. Although at differing times, not often more than one at a time. So technically it could be a testament to my mood swings, or something.

Shinji's on the top though, since I relate to him on too many levels. Satou and Luke, also. Osaka and Tsuruya, my ADD/ADHD self. Rakka and Rei, everything seems strange and nothing makes sense.
Jun 6, 2011 9:31 AM

Feb 2011
Let's see...

They're all male, that's for sure...

Actually they can be divided into 2 categories:

1) Anti-heros that I can't help but love and I'm not alienated in this regard. No matter how you look at them, they're negative/evil characters but are very important in the series.

Those are: Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), Xellos (Slayers), Izaya (Durarara!!)

2) Broken characters that have either a sad past or/and the only thing that awaits them in the future is doom. They often hide their true personality behind a mask.

Those are: Chichiri (Fushigi Yuugi), Soubi (Loveless), Kanda (D.Gray-man), Ran (Weiss Kreuz), Ken (Weiss Kreuz), Kakashi (Naruto), Byakuya (Bleach)
Jun 6, 2011 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
I guess mine are as different as they could possibly be.
Jun 6, 2011 10:22 AM

May 2010
The similarities of two of my favorites, Nayuki Minase and Shaorin Shugogetten have are that they're kind-hearted girls who are sweet and gentle in nature who care for those closest to them and share the same seiyuu.

Then there is Legend of the Galactic Heroes' Reinhard von Lohengramm and Siegfried Kircheis and Gundam Wing's Treize Khushrenada and Zechs Merquise, the similarity between these two pairs are that they are friends that have known each other for many years and rose up the military ranks together at such a young age.
kanon-chanJun 6, 2011 11:52 AM
Jun 6, 2011 10:50 AM
Feb 2011
I suppose theres a couple groups i could lump them into:

Moral Characters: those with a belief that try to hold to it

Nausicaa
Vash the Stampede
Nicholas D. Wolfwood

The Shounen Hero: the character that you looked up to as a kid, or learned to like

Goku
Edward Elric
Eikichi Onizuka

Characters you just love: for some reason

Jean Roque Raltique <--- CARRIED the show "Nadia" for me.
Joe Yabuki <-- absolute favorite. love the character design.
Vegeta <-- Goku's only rival in my mind. his 180 to the good side was fun to watch.
Asuka Langley <-- the queen bitch of tsundere.
Jun 6, 2011 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Yuki, kanade and Kikyou are all cooldere( i love this kind of characters)
Jun 6, 2011 11:31 AM

Nov 2010
not really. except Light and Lelouch i love the genius type characters.
Jun 6, 2011 11:36 AM
Mar 2011
NO never to any one
and that any of my 100 faves
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 6, 2011 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
My favourite characters are all really different when it comes to basic aspects of their personality, but I've noticed that a lot of them have one thing in common. Several of them have a group of friends who are like family to them and who they would sacrifice anything for.

I guess I'm just weak to those kinds of characters.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 6, 2011 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
sorry i don't have a fancy detailed list of character traits that align with one another....but i do know this

1. most all of my favorite characters are women. balsa,claire,revy,masane,seras,integra,etc. and i'm not sure why ....but i like the way women are portrayed in "some" anime......
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Jun 6, 2011 4:02 PM

May 2010
Mine do have one thing in common, above anything else that each individual might have in common with another individual...

They're all sexy bitches. x;
Jun 7, 2011 9:40 AM

Dec 2010
I guess some of them do have some things that are similar. Like a lot of them are badass chicks with guns. That is where the similarity ends though. Like yea both Revy and Rosette carry a gun. But revy is a shoot first ask later badass, and rosette is way more fun and happy. the guys are all different though. None of them are really the same. Well excpt for they carry swords. That is similarity. lol
Life without music, is a mistake-Nietzsche
Jun 7, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2010
They are all guys, main characters that almost all of them (except for gokudera and england) have black hair, pale skin
Jun 8, 2011 10:37 AM

Oct 2006
Yeah, I notice I like the following characters

- the serious 'tsun' character with who you eventually warm up to
- the flamboyant stylish character who's more than meets the eye (is actually intellectual or something)
- the mysterious, devilish characters with who-knows-what agenda but you can't help but like them
- the 'genuine' souls (though not over doing it)
Jun 8, 2011 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
Yes, and I like it except the characters voiced by Kugimiya-san.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 10, 2011 6:29 PM
Feb 2011
yep most of the time.
there usually the comic relief character... which is a lot like my personality
Jun 10, 2011 6:59 PM

Jan 2010
Competence and strong/smart with some sort of gimmick that makes funny to watch. Huh, never noticed that connection until now.
Jun 10, 2011 7:35 PM
May 2011
There are definitely certain archetypes and roles I like more than others, or dislike more than others, but in the end, it comes down to the writing and acting, so some of my favorite characters end up being quite different. I also like enough character types that I could have a favorite from each group and have a diverse selection. My 'current ten' faves here on MAL have a few similarities. All of the men are older - mostly around 30. I'm an oyaji girl. Miyaka and Tohru both fulfill similar roles in their story, but personality wise, they are total opposites. Winry, Osono, and No Face don't really fit in anywhere - though I suppose, at least, that the last two are from Miyazaki films.
Jun 10, 2011 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
I think I have a tendency to like characters that are similar to Kyon, but I don't put any of them in my Top 10 because none are as good as him. I try to make my Top 10 fairly varied, though again, there is a lot of intelligent snarky characters.
Jun 11, 2011 3:08 AM

Mar 2011
They aren't very similar with each other, personality-wise. But one thing for sure, they're all good-looking male characters with strong unique powers within themselves and admirable voice-acting (except for Luc since he's a manga character).
Jun 11, 2011 4:32 AM

Sep 2009
Well wouldn't say ALL similar but def can be split into 2 groups.

A nice, non bratty loli that you want to be friends with.

A nice authority figure who has concern and respect for his charges (usually students), like Aoki-sensei from Kodomo no Jikan, most of the 'good' teachers... once again someone I can see myself being friends with.
Tondemonai Fansubs
http://tondemonaifs.wordpress.com/
Big bag of loli desktop accessories
http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/showthread.php?t=15413

Jun 11, 2011 6:01 AM

Jun 2011
Mine tend to be either ridiculous/sarcastic badasses or characters who I find hilarious
And Stein and Okabe because they're just that insane/dark/comedy scientist kind I love
Jun 11, 2011 6:06 AM

Sep 2010
I tend to like the cute shy girl... But not always. XP
Jun 12, 2011 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
Mine are all people I wouldn't stand if I met IRL.
Kenpachi and Renji(Bleach), Alucard(Hellsing), Mugen(Samurai Champloo), you see the pattern, they're eitther crazy, sketchy or both.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Jun 12, 2011 1:36 PM

Apr 2009
Lina Inverse, Monkey D. Luffy, Lupin III, Sakata Gintoki, Himura Kenshin... all follow their own principles. They live in real freedom.
Jun 12, 2011 1:50 PM

Jun 2009
Possible Harem?
Jun 12, 2011 2:19 PM
Jul 2010
I like geniuses. So Lelouch, Light and Ruyzaki scores well on my list.
Tremble before my Darkness!
Jun 12, 2011 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
I like dead characters. However, I won't say any for the sake of not spoiling. (Don't bother checking my favorite characters; some of them may still be alive)
[An incredibly creative signature]
Jun 12, 2011 3:08 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm...Kuroneko, Tachibana Kanade, Hellscythe, Yamamoto Megumi, Mio Akiyama...Yeah. I'm a sucker for characters who act all cute and adorable.

Oh yes, I also like everyone in the SOS Brigade. I'd imagine they're pretty similar as well.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Successor to "Isekai"

NostalgiaDrive94 - Yesterday

24 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you want anime in 4k(or in 8k)

Makoto_Yuri - Jan 25, 2022

49 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - Yesterday

28 by Coaghim »»
4 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 9 hours ago

12 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - May 1

18 by SnipeStrike »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.