Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2009 3:53 AM
May 2008
To sum up the summary in short, mankind made an evacuation spaceship to live on another planet when their planet was no longer habitable. ( Due to their fuel source) Mankind created the proxies to make the domes, and were destined to die once the earth was repaired. ( Although i missed why mankind made proxies, I'm just to tired to remember). So now that the earth is habitable,mankind has returned.

I just don't see what happened to all the other domes, why did the main dome attack mosco?
Nov 22, 2009 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
Re-L 2 = Icarus, son of Daedalus.
Cogito virus was also part of the plan.
Re-L made her part.
Earth is coming back to life.

Great end, goddammit.
Someday I'll rewatch this anime. Maybe buy the DVDs. Just to analyze. (Subs got me confused on the first half)
Jan 7, 2010 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
Best ending I've ever seen 10/5 >.>
Jan 12, 2010 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
TBH

I found all previous episodes sooo boring..it took me 6 months.. It wasn't because I didn't udnerstand a lot of stuff....the atmosphere and action stuff.... now Last episode was a WIN for me... i found it epic.. 7/10...
Jan 17, 2010 11:48 PM

Dec 2009
siscorevolution said:
To sum up the summary in short, mankind made an evacuation spaceship to live on another planet when their planet was no longer habitable.

That's what I was thinking too. In the game show episode they show the evaucation ship that was used by some of the human population to escape the apocolypse. Then in episode 23, Proxy 1 says, "The human race had to be destroyed. They brought this world to ruin. Then ran away. Oh, how they ran."

siscorevolution said:
Mankind created the proxies to make the domes, and were destined to die once the earth was repaired. ( Although i missed why mankind made proxies, I'm just to tired to remember). So now that the earth is habitable,mankind has returned.

I didn't get the impression that humans created the proxies. When Proxy 1 starts talking about the creator, he makes it sound like it is just one person: "The creator wishes to be loved as well. It's as if I can feel his solitude and despair in the very depths of my soul."
Feb 11, 2010 7:50 PM
Jul 2009
j'ai bien aimé cet anime, il mérite un 8/10
Feb 25, 2010 6:45 AM

Feb 2010
What a lovely ending! but I don't want it to stop D:
Mar 7, 2010 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
This anime was amazing. The ending seriously tied up the whole story perfectly and it was pretty awesome. Rauls Entourage was kind of uneccesary but I guess Pino isn't too capable of protecting herself. So in the end Vincent wins out against his former self and yeah. The ending was absolutely amazinggggggg. Best ending in ages. I was thinking something like "oh they're gunna sail off on the Centzon into the horizon *fade out*" Kind of ending but this ending was so much betterr!.

SO BASICALLY...

So the Proxy Project was to create god like creatures to help resurrect the human race and each of them were in charge of creating one city each. Meaning there would have been 300 cities in total. However once these cities prosper and become successful the proxies are unneeded and unnecessary, making them look like monsters or demons, shunned from society, and the very people they created, they either destroyed the defected humans, or just shut themselves away. Romdeau, understanding their demise was imminent was desperately trying to find a Proxy to help it survive, thats where Monad and Ergo come in.

Sorry just wanted to clear things up for both myself and anyone who was confused. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I am also not too sure what's going on.
Mar 7, 2010 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
Leibstandarte said:
I liked the ending a lot though I was equally confused too! Maybe is it because I've to re-watch it again or is the English dubbed version that I saw was lacking in some key elements which got lost in translation?

What where the three aircraft (kinda reminded me of Starwars) in the background of Ergo Proxy when he muttered "I am Ergo Proxy, I am the agent of death" doing? They were not from Romdo I suppose, where they from Ergo Proxy's creators?

those were most likely the rockets that were referred to in the quiz episode. The humans have returned seeing the environment is stable enough to thrive on. And Ergo Proxy is like "Imma bring them hell.."
Mar 8, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
well uh Funnymrbunny, i was confused too. First of the though ill just be a typical anime fan boy and say it was an amazing anime, somthing real deep that i havnt seen in a while. Pure class. The last ep was hard to follow but i have watched it over enough times now to have a half decent idea on what is going on. Proxy 1 created Ergo Proxy, or vincent, and Ergo Proxy then went on to make romdeau but he was an imperfect god from what i gather and was ashamed of his work and thats why he left to join his love Monard Proxy in the mosk dome, however this was planned by Proxy 1 because he "programmed" a mission into him as Ergo Proxy says in the english dubbed version. This mission , from what i gather, was to subconciously kill all the proxies when then human race was ready to ruturn to there earth, becomeing "the pulse of the awakining" however because Vincet Law was the personallity created when Ergo Proxy fled, he saw the world and the people in it, and therefore cound not continue to kill them instead fighting back to help the rest of the humans and become part of the new world? well thats what i gather anyway, im not really sure. But Monard Proxy gave Ergo Proxy a chance to join her and leave this world and its suffereing behind, however he refused so i believe that means he didnt want to die rather than continue to help restore the world. and i loved the ending "I am Ergo Proxy, the agent of death" this was epic because he ment that death was the key to new life, and how that through the fall of romdeau ment humans were ready to return to there earth.

kay im done now, any of this make sense? its all just my opinion after all.

besides the epic last episode confussion i love this anime, its somthing special.

10/10 easily
Grey__GhostMar 8, 2010 4:12 PM

Mar 10, 2010 8:05 AM

Nov 2008
the true battle starts now LOL
the only thing i like about this anime is Pino.
Mar 17, 2010 2:24 PM
Dec 2008
I wanted them all to fly off together.. Pino was my favorite!!!
Mar 26, 2010 6:51 PM

Aug 2008
belldandy2009 said:
I wanted them all to fly off together.. Pino was my favorite!!!

Word that was the ending i was picturing. Like Vincent would have a monologue and they would just sail off and it would fade out into white or something.
Apr 5, 2010 10:37 AM
Sep 2009
Amazing series. I loved every minute of it (well, except maybe the Eternal Smile Land episode :P). Definitely getting a 9/10 from me.
Apr 16, 2010 11:58 AM

Jan 2010
Loved the series too. I love this kind of psychological and philosophy animes. I think it lacked a little more of strong emotional scenes.

Didn't found it like a masterpiece but it comes close. 9/10
May 7, 2010 4:52 AM

Mar 2009
An amazing end i've ever seen. Bravo.

10/10
May 12, 2010 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
This joins an extremely small list of anime which actually have good endings. So in the end the Proxy were indeed proxy for the Creator. I'm still not certain what Proxy One is though, maybe Ergo Proxy before his memories were lost or the part of his memories which he discarded, who knows. I like the idea of 'God' (in this case Ergo Proxy) being one of us and wanting to stay with his love Re-l. Overall, an enjoyable series but great characters; Re-l, Vincent, Pino, Daedalus and Raul all had complex personalities and even minor characters such as Fuudy and Quinn were interesting. Not to mention the various Proxy and the way they tried to hinder Vincent and Re-l. I also loved the homages to classic works such as Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep and the themes of God, existence and morality and the animation was great for the most part except for some inconsistencies with facial animation. Perhaps the series tried to be too clever at times, such as the Disney parody episode, and the plot was rather loose at times but it was still good to watch. 8.5/10
Zell182May 12, 2010 12:19 PM
May 13, 2010 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
Zell182 said:
I also loved the homages to classic works such as Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep and the themes of God, existence and morality and the animation was great for the most part except for some inconsistencies with facial animation. Perhaps the series tried to be too clever at times, such as the Disney parody episode, and the plot was rather loose at times but it was still good to watch. 8.5/10

I loved the fact that they incorporated Descartes theory of Cogito Ergo Sum "I think, therefore I am" and utilized it so that it played a major part in the story of the anime, taking into consideration Vincent's struggle for identity, The game show episode illustrated this nicely.
Also the 'Cogito' virus, derived obviously from Descartes theory and how the robot's gain awareness and their own sense of existence, their own thought(s) so to say, thus through the ability of thought they now 'exist'; "I think, Therfore I am" which now allows them to search for their own purpose.
May 23, 2010 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
hmm~
very great words from the Proxys ^-^

disliked (Dr.) Daedalus to the end >_>~

Re-L and Pino flyes back to pick up Vincent Proxy..
and Ramdeau disappears´

Re-L and Vincent in Love *-*... crazy and good :-)

great ending :3
May 23, 2010 7:58 PM

Dec 2009
wait...WHAT?
hmmmmmh...
children drugs r bad...mkaayy?
series of awesomeness
May 28, 2010 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
WOW....... this episode was AMAZING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LY confusing
Jul 2, 2010 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
This thread has reinforced my initial thoughts, which I am glad to see.

Humans created proxies.
Proxies were needed to survive until the world got better.
The world got better, proxies could not survive.
Now it's all about humans, with one caveat; Vincent. Vincent's return to Earth was crucial and said a lot about his character.

All in all, a wonderful series, particularly once it started to introduce it heavier themes around episode 11.
Aug 12, 2010 3:25 PM

Jan 2010
As good an ending as I have ever seen.

8/10 from me.
Aug 25, 2010 5:04 PM

Dec 2008
Vincent you rocked....you sexy ass agent of death!!
Sep 26, 2010 4:25 AM

Sep 2010
Wow...

I watched this anime in large chunks, so I think that might have ruined it a bit for me. By the time I was getting to the end I was sort of hoping they might all die, but the ending was amazing. Easily the best ending of any of the (few) anime series I've seen.

Definitely dragged the series up from a 7 to an 8.

Oct 16, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
Liked the final episode.
9/10. Vincent is cool.
Nov 6, 2010 4:07 PM

Aug 2010
Liked the ending but the series pulled my brain cells to the limit! From episode 1 to 23, i would say i'm plenty much more confused than was when i started.

Will i likely to watch it again? Definite YES!
Nov 7, 2010 2:15 AM

May 2010
"Sweet! Vincent wins!"

My thoughts exzacly! :D

I was so happy that Re-l and Vincent lived.
A pure awesome ending to a awesome anime.
MermaidGalaxiesNov 12, 2010 3:14 PM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 13, 2010 2:48 AM
Jun 2008
crazyspinz said:
Liked the ending but the series pulled my brain cells to the limit! From episode 1 to 23, i would say i'm plenty much more confused than was when i started.

Will i likely to watch it again? Definite YES!

This, I started having no clue what was going on and now it's ended I still don't XD
Dec 7, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
Well it was a great ride with a lot of mindfucking, overall i think the characters were great and very well developed but the ending itself is just off i don't know...something missing and what were those ships that were coming towards Vincent and who exactly is Proxy Monad again, why did Re-l's clone turn into "her"?? o.o did i miss something. And some things just don't add up but Vincent sure looked pretty badass with the blue eyes at the end, this definitely worth my time, series like this are just win, too bad these days most of them are full of crap ;_ ;

Would love a OVA or a short with a epilogue or something that would deliver a better ending...
I would love to give this a 9 but i am going to give 8/10, the ending wasn't all that satisfying to me...
Jan 6, 2011 3:42 AM
Jan 2010
Goddamn i want a movie now.
Jan 11, 2011 8:23 AM
Dec 2009
Well, as someone says before:

1) The world is fucked up
2) humankind flees to the space
3) Buuut, leave behind 300 Proxies to construct domes and cities and to repopulate ,or to make at least some minimum infrastructure, when they come back
4) Several thousands years after, besides Proxy One hardfeelings about humankind, the earth is nice again and humankind is coming back...
5) Why Vincent Law would be angry about the coming humans? Ok, they used the proxies, but, come on, they were created with this purpose! Why doesnt he just disguse himself as human and live happily 'til the end with Re-l?

Other thing, The Disneyland... well... noone died there, was everything supposedly fine. When humankind arrive there, the Proxy will be dead, but everything else will be intact and ready to receive the newcomers? Is that a example of a successful Dome City?
Jan 12, 2011 6:44 PM
Jun 2008
Finally finished watching this anime, been awhile since I watched the 1st episode.

It started kind of slow and I wasn't really interesting around the first couple of episodes, but definitely picked up around the end. Glad that I finished it, one of the best endings I've watched so far.

8/10
RenzokukenJan 12, 2011 6:52 PM
Jan 25, 2011 10:30 PM
May 2010
Great series. Loved the ending. I just pretend that the quiz and themepark episodes didn't happen while retaining information from them. Definite 10/10 for me with those omissions. Pino was just too damn cute.
Jan 30, 2011 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
WARNING: VERY LONG POST!!!!!!!!!!!

A very excellent episode! The ending was pretty bad ass too with Vincent's eyes glowing blue. It was very confusing but I thought I'd take a shot at summarizing what this entire anime was about.

I think that Ergo Proxy & Vincent Law together combined IS Proxy One. During the confrontation, Vincent said I am you and you are me. Proxy One. The episode before that when Vincent saw Monad in the chamber dead, he had Monad's pendant (Proxy #13) and another pendant which is assumed to be his (Proxy #1). Why must it be his? Because in the last episode, right before he vanished with Monad, he left behind his pendant. There were only two that he carried, and since he gave back Monad's, it must mean that the remaining Pendant was his - Proxy One's Pendant.

There is also another possibility is that the one that is sitting in the beginning of the encounter is Proxy One, while Vincent is his other half or what Proxy One calls "his Shadow".

So what was going on with Monad being Re-L? Daedalus apparently managed to make a clone of Re-L, which had extraordinary growth speed. It appears that Daedalus was experimenting with the real Monad in order to manipulate the Amrita cells, successfully being able to incorporate it into Re-L-2's body. This was sort of like a resurrection of Monad making her a Proxy, and therefore a God. This may be the result of Project ADW (to combine Amrita cells with that of ordinary human cells).

Although this may not be directly related to the story, one thing to note during this episode is the fact that Monad has wings, which she uses to fly closer to the sun. This is a reference to the greek mythology concerning Daedalus and Icarus (the son of Daedalus). Monad burns as she gets closer to the sun, despite Daedalus' unheard warnings.

So who is the creator? There is two immediate but not exactly proven answers: The human race, or a still yet unknown person/group. If it is indeed the human race, it is obvious they have returned to Earth after there has been a shed of light on the uninhabitable world. Proxies were indeed only created to set humanity in motion, yet their imperfections have created an imperfect place. The irony of the Proxies' creation is that the people who they have created will hate them in the end. Proxies were created to create a world (the hand's of the Creator), but once that world has been created, they are to disappear (the reason for Proxy One's anger and wanting to exact revenge on the Creator). This feeling of betrayal and lack of love has driven most of them into despair, which was only possible because the Creator had given them souls (it's something like "Feel my pain").

Those ships at the very end are strongly hinted to be from the Boomerang Star. Vincent was left to live, but was he left to live to punish this creator or was the creator already punished in the form of Vincent being the only proxy to live even after the Sun had rose? If he is to punish the creator by killing all of humanity, does it mean that Re-L will die? It may be over-analysis or not, but Re-L was technically created by Vincent by Artificial means. Does this nullify her being part of the human race? Is Vincent intending to kill them all and again creating a new Romdeau with his new knowledge of the world? If the creator isn't the human race, who is the Creator? That is something that is very hard to figure out.

The pulse of awakening meant the end of the proxies, yet it is apparently halted after he came back from talking to Monad. Even though Vincent lives, there is the question of how? There are two conflicts: Monad dying, and Proxy One dying. Monad's death can be explained by the fact the pulse of awakening wasn't halted until after she died - but then Proxy One should be able to live as well, but he doesn't which is a contradiction. Vincent may have halted the pulse of awakening AFTER both deaths, but how did he even stop it?

What was the Boomerang Project all about? What was the purpose of the Cogito virus? I'm assuming it was to give the AutoReivs a soul in order to feel the despair of it's creator. To feel emotions such as love and betrayal in order to show other's what neglect can do. The Cogito virus may have also been created to make humans realize that AutoReivs are not to be relied on heavily (the virus makes the autoreiv's become self-aware and self-controlling of their actions instead of heeding their master's orders), because they may very well be wiped out when humanity thrives once again without the dome.

As for what happened to Vincent in the past, I'm just going to briefly say he felt the Creator's pain. By having a soul, he [as Ergo Proxy/Proxy One] realized the failures of the Boomerang Project, so he decided to leave abandon his own city to be with Monad - the person he loved in the city of Moscow/Mosque (varies from the subs). Because of that, Monad was kidnapped by the city of Romdeau (as an act of Revenge for Ergo Proxy leaving them). Whether this takes place after or before he gives Monad & Amnesia (the AutoReiv) his memories is still questionable. I'm assuming that he gave his memories after being with Monad and that the kidnapping of Monad was not the cause for him to seal away his memories at all. Whether or not this is true, the fact is that Proxy One created another him in the form of Vincent Law - his shadow in order to live on "normally".

The fillers weren't really fillers nor pointless. They did reveal a lot of information concerning proxies and their reason for existence: A methane hydrate explosion that wiped out 85% of the humans, forcing the remaining humans to board a ship in space called the Boomerang Star, leaving behind 300 proxies to help rebuild Earth's population. The fact that proxies must fight whenever they see each other and that they are the God's of their respective cities/domes. The fact that proxies are part of the project known as the Boomerang Project. Not in the least bit uninformative at all.

Some people are complaining about the Smile Land episode being way too happy for such a dark series - but I really want to ask, how is this in any way "happy"? It's tragic that the proxy created such a world in order to maintain the image of happiness, but he himself was obviously not happy. His smile was forced, but it was the best he could do. All he wanted was to die being happy, and his attempt at it was to create a city that was filled with smiles all the time. Pino saved them a bit from the sadness by showing them a real smile, but the happiness only ends there.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but this is almost all what I think and is highly subjective. I have quite a few more things I wanted to cover but I'm starting to lose my train of thought so maybe one day I'll return to this anime and touch on those things a bit further. One thing's for sure though, a sequel/episode/ova is a must to wrap all of this together for good!

However, for now this series will be one of my favorites. 10/10
RezurrektJan 30, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 7, 2011 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Wooh Vincent's last words (that smile and glowing blue eyes) were ominous with those ships in the background... oh well.

I'm gonna miss Pino in her suit! T_T
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 19, 2011 9:53 PM

Jan 2011
Were the ships supposed to be the creators coming back?
I agree with DeathReaper that we need an OVA epilogue or two.

It was all very confusing. Proxy One and Vincent are both Ergo Proxy, and Ergo Proxy and Vincent are the same, but Proxy One and Vincent are separate.
wat?

Arturllm said:

5) Why Vincent Law would be angry about the coming humans? Ok, they used the proxies, but, come on, they were created with this purpose! Why doesnt he just disguse himself as human and live happily 'til the end with Re-l?

He'll still burn in the sun.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Mar 11, 2011 9:45 PM
Aug 2010
I just finished watching Ergo Proxy and it was a nice anime, I like it but I didn't understant the hole idea.Enyway when I tryed "to digest" the meaning of it something just popped in my head and that was.. Half Life 2, so I said to myself: I think I understand now ha ha.Maybe I'm not right but you have to admit that it has lots of Half Life 2 like influence( I'm not saying that the creator of this anime was insired by half life just that is so similar in many ways).Guys what do you think about that? excuse my bad english :P
Apr 2, 2011 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
I think it was pretty clear overall. It's just that the series is less based on achieving some goal and more based on learning what the hell is going on. They start us off clueless, but if you watch all the episodes you can understand what proxies are, what the cogito virus does, and all that.

A select group of humans fled Earth on the Boomerang Star; they're the "winners" and the people who got left behind are the "losers". The name of the spaceship pretty much speaks for itself. They left Earth, but always intended to return to it. That would be when the dust and clouds clear, when the sun can shine again and nature can grow once more. I imagine they'd take a bunch of seeds and animals with them on the Boomerang Star so they could repopulate the world's wildlife and such when returning.

I suppose I just don't really get why proxies must fight each other... unless humans weren't cooperating in the end and decided to continue being at war with each other through "proxies" - representatives. Say Japan had a proxy and Brittain had a proxy. Some higher up people from both Japan and Brittain fled Earth on the Boomerang Star, but still hadn't settled their differences. The proxies were left on Earth and if they fight, they fight. If Brittain's proxy kills Japan's proxy, then it's as if Japan lost a war to Brittain.

So, the people from the Boomerang Star returned... I wonder if there's gonna be a sequel or something.
May 21, 2011 4:37 AM
Jan 2010
The scene where he suddenly has his mask back when he looked back was epic.
May 30, 2011 6:49 AM

Apr 2010
Well, it really delivered quite an entertaining last episode if nothing else in the series didn't impress me that much. But i found a few good points, why this anime was worth of my time. It had good music including the op&ed themes, vibrant yet dark visuals and an interesting cast of characters. The story was so-so, it had some what's the meaning of life pointers and so on and it definitely made it more soulful. Still i can't give this anime an high score that it maybe deserves as one of the most underrated animes around. But it was better than Lain, which i almost didn't get at all. So in conclusion i give this anime a strong 7.
Jul 9, 2011 5:03 AM

Feb 2011
Vincent is so hot @_@

8/10
Oct 26, 2011 2:16 AM

Sep 2010
This was really good. Very deserving of a good score.
Nov 18, 2011 4:24 AM

Nov 2011
So... All in all, this is a anime about love and creation* (as i "Gods")?
Did not expect this when I started watching it.

Creation, destruction and rebirth, to be more correct.
Dec 31, 2011 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Forough said:
Archon231 said:
The animation of this show was great (except the last few eps where people looked 'wrong') and I loved the music, especially Radiohead! :D

But really... I just can't agree with this being a good ending OR an anime that made any sense... It was just way to "I need to be on acid" to understand. I enjoyed watching it for a while, but they way the characters interacted made no sense and was too inconsistent. People were too... well "flip-floppy" and the "philosophical" conversations between Vincent and the other proxies boiled down in the end to "truth" or "truth." I understand the point was that truth is what you make it, but... I just didn't get that from the script.

I was just not impressed with the story and philosophy, it seemed like the classic "hey, I'm the director and I want to fuck with people so much that they think this is good even though it lacks real substance or congruency."

In any case... I loved Pino! ^_^

I can't agree with your point about this anime lacking real substance. If you read some books about existentialist ideas and philosophy then you'll realize that this anime not only is based on a very vast and complete knowledge of the post modern and existentialism schools but also tries to express director's/writer's answers to very fundamental questions about the concept of "God" , "freedom" and "morals". However, whether one likes such anime with philosophical themes is totally up to the person. You may dislike it or not understand it but that doesn't mean it's lacking substance or congruency, in my opinion.

Overall I give this anime a 9.5/10.

I agree with you Forough. If a person doesn't like existentialism or postmodern philosophy, they are free not to watch ergo proxy. We existentialists and post modernists get enough grief as it. Why can't we enjoy a show specifically made for us? This is our time.
Dec 31, 2011 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Leibstandarte said:
TheOwnag3 said:
Wow... what an amazing ending.

This was a very open ending. "I am Ergo Proxy, The agent of death" and "Now the true battle shall begin" suggests that Vincent will battle against the creators once they arrive. I really hope for a second season or at least an ova.

Definitely one of my favourite anime, it fucked with my mind a lot but it was overall an awesome 'acid' trip ^^

5/5 and 10/10

Would Vincent really battle or wage war against the Creators (Human race)? Since the humans created Proxies, I bet they'd have developed ways to exterminate them too. I do share your view that a second season or at least an OVA should be made. I'm dying to know the fates of Pino and Re-l after Romdo's destruction. These characters are just too awesome not to be heard from again. The endiong left me wanting more!

Your quote reminds me of BSG and the cylons, the human race created the cylons and they rebelled. I'm watching bsg too at this time.
Yup, an awesome acid trip it is but it was worth the headache! LOL
Dec 31, 2011 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
enkil said:
...>_>
10/10
re-watch value: high

yeah it was alright, liked it better than most of the series i've watched lately.
I'm not a big fan of ignorance, so I'm gonna have to re-watch this series sometime in the future or at least research it.

he doesn't seem very friendly here.

Nothing wrong with not being friendly :)
Dec 31, 2011 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
unclesnapple said:
To the people who think this series was just the director trying to mess with people and had no substance, well, I would be respectful and say "I disagree" instead of "You're wrong," but... no, you're wrong. I'm talking mostly about Archon's post.

And I loved those episodes that bjt hated. The Quiz episode definitely furthered the plot, revealing a lot of secrets to us, and the other ones were more self-contained stories yes, but they were really well-told well-written stories.

I am still not 100% clear on most of the existential elements of the story after finishing, but I got most of it, and I am very happy. This was an excellent, excellent show. I'm going to give it a 9/10 for right now. I almost want to give it a 10, but I hate giving out 10s.

And woooo suck it, Daedalus. Way to get smashed to death by falling debris, loser!

I am thoroughly convinced that people put down what they don't understand.
Dec 31, 2011 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
seijurojushi said:
wait...WHAT?
hmmmmmh...
children drugs r bad...mkaayy?
series of awesomeness

Do you really think Dai Soto was on drugs when he wrote the script or the whole staff at manglobe was when they created the story?
Dec 31, 2011 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm. I think that "anti-intellectuals" should stay far away from this anime, as should people who don't like to think. I personally found it refreshing to find out I'm not the only one who enjoys deep thought. Maybe Japan is more conducive to this kind of meditative theme.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.