Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2010 4:44 PM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
Random rant

I think the dog seem to be having a supernatural power.Since He can walk through a swarm of zombie undetected.I think the dog has a secret power behind it or maybe the zombie is just deaf or maybe the zombie is just being discrimination.If teh zombie is knowing how to discriminate between dog and human,does that means the zombie has a functional brain as well,but this doesn't really match the experiment done by Takagi in the first episode.Anyway,Maybe becasue of the height of the dog,since the dog is so short,the zombie are unable to attack it.Maybe the human should all crawl on the ground to avoid the zombie =P
Very interesting + confusing......

Zombies don't care about dog meat, apparently.
Aug 12, 2010 4:47 PM

Feb 2010
I almost think reading you guys troll each other in these discussion posts are more entertaining than the anime itself.
Aug 12, 2010 5:09 PM
Jun 2008
@Mormegil
Actually I was hoping for zombie dog just like in resident evil,but i think the audience doesn't like fast moving zombie ........
Aug 12, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
@Mormegil
Actually I was hoping for zombie dog just like in resident evil,but i think the audience doesn't like fast moving zombie ........

That would be insane.

The cop's shot to the head was awesome.
Aug 12, 2010 5:50 PM
Jun 2010
MorningGlory said:
@Mormegil

Since HOTD is a rpg, fast dog zombie would be imba :/

Aug 12, 2010 9:08 PM
Jun 2008
the zombie are maybe deaf or fussy about his food.....
But I still believe that the dog is special HAHAHHA
MorningGloryAug 12, 2010 9:22 PM
Aug 12, 2010 10:36 PM

Dec 2009
I thought that they didn't reach the dog yet... maybe we'll see it get ripped to shreds next episode
Aug 12, 2010 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
best episode so far!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 13, 2010 2:10 AM
Mar 2008
i think its pretty obvious that the dog being so small, and the zombies going by sound, that he can just escape because they hear something from location X but they can't grab him since they cant process the bend over and grab faster than a dog can run.
Aug 13, 2010 2:52 AM
Jun 2008
So you means as long as if location x continuously project noise.Small live-form will be safe??
Actually the problem is that the zombie has totally zero response to the running dog.I would be convince if at least the zombie would show some response to the dog.

Okay, nvm about the dog.Let talk about the noise.The dog is barking so loud and their attention is drawn to human 0.0; .The only explanation I can assume is that the dog is a zombie as well which act as a beacon to locate human.
Aug 13, 2010 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
this time they REALLY put too much fanservice into an episode
tasty but totally unfitting in comparison to the rest of this episode XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
Damm, the ending began to soon xD
Aug 13, 2010 4:30 AM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
So you means as long as if location x continuously project noise.Small live-form will be safe??
Actually the problem is that the zombie has totally zero response to the running dog.I would be convince if at least the zombie would show some response to the dog.

Okay, nvm about the dog.Let talk about the noise.The dog is barking so loud and their attention is drawn to human 0.0; .The only explanation I can assume is that the dog is a zombie as well which act as a beacon to locate human.

Maybe the zombies are unable to pinpoint the exact source of the noise. They're just moving towards its general direction. And the dog being too small, the zombies follow its barking but are unable to understand that they should crouch down to get to it.

Another possible explanation is, that even though the zombies react to any kind of noise, they're only attacking humans. So even though they react to the dog's barking, since it's not a human, in the end they just follow it without harming it.
kodialAug 13, 2010 4:39 AM
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 13, 2010 7:03 AM
Jun 2008
Maybe the zombies are unable to pinpoint the exact source of the noise. They're just moving towards its general direction. And the dog being too small, the zombies follow its barking but are unable to understand that they should crouch down to get to it.

Unfortunately,They can bend down.Episode3

Another possible explanation is, that even though the zombies react to any kind of noise, they're only attacking humans. So even though they react to the dog's barking, since it's not a human, in the end they just follow it without harming it.

Zombies don't care about dog meat, apparently.

My question lead to that answer again.Maybe we need some scientist to alter the dna of the human into dog. LOL.
Anyway,the dog is just totally ignore in this episode.
@tecu
The boobs is nice ^^
Aug 13, 2010 8:57 AM

Mar 2008
sexy episode!!!
Aug 13, 2010 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
I was very disappointed in this episode.

The boyfriend and I watch this together, and every single fucking boob shot, we looked at eachother sorta disgusted.

We watch this show for the zombies... give me more zombies!
Aug 13, 2010 11:59 AM
Feb 2010
This episode made me forget that I was watching a zombie Anime.
Aug 13, 2010 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, obvious fanservice episode. Loved Hirano getting excited over the weapons though XD. I thought the first half was pretty good. Police seem to be having a hard time though (no duh), was the officer that killed the mom her husband? Or was he just reminded of his own family?
I still don't like Rei. Ugh. She's just so ... blehhhhh >_<
Aug 13, 2010 12:28 PM

Dec 2009
tecu said:
I FUCKING LOVED THE PART WHERE THEY WERE GRABBING BOOBS ALL OVER

VERY HIGH RE-WATCH VALUE

at first I'm like =_=
but then I was like, lawl
Aug 13, 2010 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
I was disappointed by this episode, i recently started this series (while ep4 was released) and after i finished all of the current episodes i started reading the manga, after reading ch6 i couldnt wait for it to be animated.

I wanted alot more fanservice and nudity but for the actual episode it was ok

I give it a 3/5
Aug 13, 2010 4:19 PM

Dec 2009
Ok episode, though I'm not really a fan of the fanservice. Oh well, no can do.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 13, 2010 8:44 PM

Feb 2010
ringoo4 said:
Cashdaxxx said:
bro...Orochi already said it...

they're different on genres and it's not worth comparing

(neither the producers nor the show..

they're even different on ratings (HOTD R+ and bakemonogatari R - 17+)...

If those criterias were ignored I could say Code Geass and Doraemon are the same (exaggeration)...
You are obviously not able to read things properly, as noteDhero mentioned why Orchi's arguement was totally invalid. He is comparing 'fanservice' of both show, not show themselves. Different genre? Same fuckin fanservices.

So you can compare the fanservice of G-rated and Rx-rated?? The criteria of judging the fanservice of the show includes how it was rated. lol

btw...so Bakemonogatari has "THE SAME" fucking grabbing boobs??
CashdaxAug 13, 2010 8:51 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 13, 2010 10:56 PM

Dec 2008
Decent ep..

I skipped around the bath scene. Not because I don't like fanservice, but because it felt silly and awkward to me even if they were drunk as the manga readers say.

Hirano was awesome!

Rei.....I can't make up my mind about her..If they really draw out her psychopathic bitch personality it might make things interesting. Right now she's kinda just annoying.
Aug 14, 2010 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
BakaOnna said:
You know what's worse than people complaining? People who complain about the people complaining.

People who respond to the people pointing out how annoying the people who complain about the complainers are the worst.

^^
Aug 14, 2010 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
Not a bad episode, not a huge fan of all the fanservice but won't complain too much about it. Guns, lots and lots of GUNS! Also they should definitely use the Crossbow a lot, being a fairly silent weapon (compared to guns) and extremely lethal could come in handy especially in the situation they are in now.

Stupid Dog... the zombies need to eat the dog...
Aug 14, 2010 1:15 AM

Sep 2009
Renegade765 said:
I skipped around the bath scene. Not because I don't like fanservice, but because it felt silly and awkward to me even if they were drunk as the manga readers say.
Were they really drunk according to the manga? Can anyone confirm? I think it's stupid to be drinking with the situation they are in. It's better for them to remain level-headed.
Aug 14, 2010 1:29 AM

Sep 2008
Oh MAH LAWD!!!WAS THAT FAN-SERVICE I SEE...I'm so shocked to actually see it in anime....I think I'ma slash my wrist now because it was too much for me this episode lulz

ppl need to move on

ditzzy nurse won the awards this episode
Aug 14, 2010 1:51 AM

Nov 2009
saxophone15 said:
Renegade765 said:
Were they really drunk according to the manga? Can anyone confirm? I think it's stupid to be drinking with the situation they are in. It's better for them to remain level-headed.

Yes they were drunk, atleast Shizuka and Rei. I dont remember anything about Saeko and the smart girl being drunk though. Of course i might be wrong, someone verify me?
Aug 14, 2010 2:01 AM

Sep 2009
Deathpk666 said:
saxophone15 said:
Renegade765 said:

Yes they were drunk, atleast Shizuka and Rei. I dont remember anything about Saeko and the smart girl being drunk though. Of course i might be wrong, someone verify me?
Thanks for the response. Isn't Rei underage? At least Shizuka is old enough.
Aug 14, 2010 3:29 AM

Sep 2008
From what the manga shown so far, it's only Rei and Shizuka who confessed to be drunk:

the rest of the chapter has Saeko looking straight like she was in the anime, and Saya looked questionable as she was passed out but probably due to lack of sleep...maybe?

and yeah they're all underage bar shizuka, but I don't think that matters...do you?
Aug 14, 2010 3:40 AM
Jun 2008
saxophone15 said:
Deathpk666 said:
saxophone15 said:
Renegade765 said:

Thanks for the response. Isn't Rei underage? At least Shizuka is old enough.
I think they stay in the bathroom for too long and the air steam inside has made them feel high.
Aug 14, 2010 3:42 AM

Nov 2009
BaKaCoupLe said:
From what the manga shown so far, it's only Rei and Shizuka who confessed to be drunk:

the rest of the chapter has Saeko looking straight like she was in the anime, and Saya looked questionable as she was passed out but probably due to lack of sleep...maybe?

and yeah they're all underage bar shizuka, but I don't think that matters...do you?

Ahhh good, so i remembered right Btw which did you like more, the manga or anime for this episode (dont know if im allowed to ask that here but what ever)
Aug 14, 2010 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
Deathpk666 said:
BaKaCoupLe said:

Ahhh good, so i remembered right Btw which did you like more, the manga or anime for this episode (dont know if im allowed to ask that here but what ever)

Aug 14, 2010 4:47 AM

May 2009
All i can say is God bless madhouse! Great episode.
Aug 14, 2010 6:27 AM
Jul 2010
BaKaCoupLe said:

'nuff said.

Bearing in mind this was a decent break from the masses of brains,blood
and screaming. Soon, it'll dive straight back into the action. So far in the manga, this is the only Fan-Service dedicated episode if I recall correctly. So I don't see why people find the need to complain about it. O_ O Gotta have something for everyone right?
Aug 14, 2010 7:02 AM

Aug 2008
Cashdaxxx said:

So you can compare the fanservice of G-rated and Rx-rated?? The criteria of judging the fanservice of the show includes how it was rated. lol

I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know how to judge this.
Aug 14, 2010 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
Cashdaxxx said:

I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know how to judge this.
But you can still compare fanservices, whether rating is different or not. For example of Gurren Lagann, it was originally PG (even with all those Yoko services), only went up to R+ in the movie because of 1 second of nude scene.

Cadaxxx obviously haven't seen TsubasaCat second op, which have almost R+ level,
ringoo4Aug 14, 2010 8:11 AM
Aug 14, 2010 1:01 PM

May 2010
BaKaCoupLe said:

Sorry, but she didn't do it for me. Rei did though.
Aug 14, 2010 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
BaKaCoupLe said:

Ya, you do have a point there and its probably best they didnt add as much *detail*, personaly i like watching the anime even though it follows the manga closely because it allows me to understand something i might have missed, and its a pretty f**king awsome anime :) But i was still hoping for some elfen lied type ecchi :( not a simmered down version of ikkitousen
Aug 14, 2010 6:03 PM

Sep 2008
Beric said:
BaKaCoupLe said:

Sorry, but she didn't do it for me. Rei did though.

Rei had her moments but that doesn't outweigh her Hisashi fit that she seems to bring along in nearly every episode without fail

Deathpk666 said:

Ya, you do have a point there and its probably best they didn't add as much *detail*, personaly i like watching the anime even though it follows the manga closely because it allows me to understand something i might have missed, and its a pretty f**king awsome anime :) But i was still hoping for some elfen lied type ecchi :( not a simmered down version of ikkitousen

I'm the same as I usually go back to the manga after a show just to see what I might have missed...it's a pity they went the ikkitousen path instead of something like elfen as this could have been a great anime, but i admit I've had fun since ep 1 and it's turned out as what i'd expect from first time i read the manga
Aug 14, 2010 6:41 PM

Nov 2009
BaKaCoupLe said:

I'm the same as I usually go back to the manga after a show just to see what I might have missed...it's a pity they went the ikkitousen path instead of something like elfen as this could have been a great anime, but i admit I've had fun since ep 1 and it's turned out as what i'd expect from first time i read the manga

Yep i was hooked the first time i saw it, watched the 4 episodes that were currently out and then went straight to the manga, its a great quality anime and i cant wait for more :)
Aug 14, 2010 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
You guys prefer elfen lied type ecchi ? I think elfen lied's level of gore and ecchi is quite high. But the story was still great.

And in my personal opinion, if they put too much ecchiness in HSOTD, it would really take your attention off from the main plot of the story.

Aug 14, 2010 9:08 PM

Sep 2008
xilam said:
You guys prefer elfen lied type ecchi ? I think elfen lied's level of gore and ecchi is quite high. But the story was still great.

And in my personal opinion, if they put too much ecchiness in HSOTD, it would really take your attention off from the main plot of the story.

although elfen did bring it up a notch in terms of ecchi, it wasn't in your face most of the time compared to HSOTD where its panty shot every 5 minutes(not that I mind)

if HSOTD focused more in its zombie killing and giving us a lot more gore, then I'd rate this show even higher
Aug 14, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2010
I have to agree with what you said bakacouple, but I dont know how, they manage to make a real epic anime with the combination of horror,ecchi,action,gore elements.

And I used to tell myself, 'zombies? what a waste of time'.
But this anime really turned out well till im so hooked on it.
Not to mention the badass OST. >:D

Aug 14, 2010 9:28 PM

Sep 2008
yeah specially OP...I'm trying to figure out which western song it reminds me of...the beat and the singer sounds similar but can't get my head around it
Aug 14, 2010 11:59 PM

Aug 2010
Really? That old ? I mean the song sounds so new and hip

Aug 15, 2010 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
I couldn't agree more with you guys
Elfen Lied is the way to do an ecchi/horror anime
instead of shoving basketball sized boobs in your face the whole show, they made it fit in with the story, in a way that's not really making it erotic, but more creepy.
and the HotD OP is one of the best parts about this show.
Aug 15, 2010 12:47 PM
Jul 2010
is it only me or dosen't the hotd and other anime episodes come out today subbed? :(((( i've been waiting lol!
Aug 15, 2010 6:21 PM

Apr 2009
I started this show completely blind after being coerced to watch it on the spot by a friend. Maybe I'm still not hardened enough an anime fan but this episode made me feel a little uncomfortable to say the least. So far I've loved the show as it portrays what I'd deem to be an accurate portrayal of the deterioration of society in the event of a zombie invasion. I can totally see where the fanservice is coming from (I mean, anyone's bound to lose certain inhibitions in such a situation, right?) but this was supposed to be the toned down version? Yikes!
Is the rest of the anime this fanservice-y or was this episode just a one-off?
Aug 15, 2010 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
tecu said:
I'm sorry but I can't agree with you guys. Elfen Lied is fucking shit, possibly even worse than HSotD.

your trolling is denied....

AkatsukigirlTy said:
I started this show completely blind after being coerced to watch it on the spot by a friend. Maybe I'm still not hardened enough an anime fan but this episode made me feel a little uncomfortable to say the least. So far I've loved the show as it portrays what I'd deem to be an accurate portrayal of the deterioration of society in the event of a zombie invasion. I can totally see where the fanservice is coming from (I mean, anyone's bound to lose certain inhibitions in such a situation, right?) but this was supposed to be the toned down version? Yikes!
Is the rest of the anime this fanservice-y or was this episode just a one-off?

the shows toned down opposed to its manga adaptation(but not as much)
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.