Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2010 2:19 PM

May 2010
I'll just make it clear now I'm not looking for any "LOL IT IS SO GOOD BECAUSE OF THE FAN SERVICE" opinions, because i've already seen enough of those in other topics >_>

But anyway, what's your opinion of this season compared to the last one? I know it's a little too soon to judge I guess, but 6 episodes in I sort of have my own opinion. Personally, I'm getting sort of annoyed with this season. It has some good episodes, but other ones that just like nothing happens in, or are just overflowing with so much fan service it's sort of obnoxious. (About episode 6)
AKA nothing really happening and just more room for fan service. I'm hoping the story will take a twist, and there will be a more "Oh surprise!" plot since we already know what happened with Ciel and all that jazz in the last season. Just wanted to know if anyone felt the same, or if I was just being a debbie downer with the series.

Thanks & I hope I made sense.

Aug 8, 2010 2:24 PM

May 2010
I don't like it. Too much random nonsense too little story. There is no reason the second episode in a season should be a filler basically. It is just ridiculous at how little effort I see being put into the story so far.
Aug 13, 2010 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
This season is nothin but a ploy to milk the kuro franchise . Nothin else . Its a mediocre show in my book , and i can also feel that A1 has actually rushed the process in creating this series .
Aug 13, 2010 10:55 AM
Aug 2010
It cannot be compared to the first season simply because back then the main character, Ciel, was a completely different person.
Do you remember what he went through to make sure Angela had something to do with his parents' death? He was controlled and reasoned logically, while now he just wants to commit random crimes of passion and is ready to believe that Alois killed his parents only because Sebastian gave him some papers that proved Alois had been researching the Phantomhive family. The old Ciel would have thought Alois had some criminal plan in mind and wanted to know who his enemy, the Queen's dog, was. Now, instead, he believes everything Sebastian tells him. He's not the Ciel I fell in love with, I'm sorry. I'm not liking this series. The roles have been reversed. Now it's Sebastian that is controlling Ciel and not the other way around.
Astrid_Aug 13, 2010 10:58 AM
Aug 13, 2010 11:15 AM

Jun 2009
I don't really like it. I thought that the last season was very good and that the characters were perfectly blended. Now all the characters act on impulse and it is just kind of okay. I personally am not a yaoi fan so when the hints were subtle I would blow them off, but they control the show. So I watching it but not really enjoying it like I did. If it is any consolation I think the manga has begun to go downhill too, but perhaps I am just not moved by the story anymore.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 13, 2010 12:11 PM

May 2010
Suzune-chan said:
I don't really like it. I thought that the last season was very good and that the characters were perfectly blended. Now all the characters act on impulse and it is just kind of okay. I personally am not a yaoi fan so when the hints were subtle I would blow them off, but they control the show. So I watching it but not really enjoying it like I did. If it is any consolation I think the manga has begun to go downhill too, but perhaps I am just not moved by the story anymore.

I have to agree with the possibility of the manga going down hill. I had loved the manga, but the last few chapters that have been released have been "meh".
Aug 13, 2010 12:15 PM
Jun 2008
My initial reaction was "HOLY TAP-DANCING BUTLERS WTF AM I WATCHING!?".
Aug 13, 2010 9:35 PM

Aug 2010
In my opinion this season is kinda overrated. (don't hurt me! >.<)
To be honest, when I first heard that Kuroshitsuji II was only going to be about a new kid and a new butler I was disappointed that Ciel and Sebastian weren't going to be in it, but around the time that the first episode was going to air I accepted the fact that the ending to the first season of Kuroshitsuji was perfect and that Sebastian finally got Ciels soul after he had taken his revenge. So while I was in the midst of watching the first episode I was thrilled and hyped about all the "newness". When I saw Sebastian and Ciel I was utterly delighted that they were going to play a supporting role in the second season.
Boy was I wrong.
I mean I like the new season and all but I just don't feel that "Kuroshitsuji vibe" I got from season one. This vibe is more like a "fanservice vibe". Especially with Hannah and all the tongues and such.
Yeah the whole Phantomhive vs Trancy thing is exciting but it's for the wrong reasons. I mean

It's good to have a season two for my favorite anime, but I just wonder where the story is going..
Aug 13, 2010 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
I totally agree with you xSimplicity. You are correct.

All the tongue things are a little too much for me. I shall add this anime other few animes of its kind where fans have asked for a second season and what they got just wasn't the same thing.

I miss the "Kuroshitsuji" vibe

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 16, 2010 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
I like it better than the first season. It's actually entertaining this time round. But then again, I found the first six episodes of the first season to be entertaining then it went downhill for me. So perhaps it may be the same for this season. I'm really having fun with this season. It's so unintentionally hilarious, and the new kid is preferrable to me than Ciel.

Aug 16, 2010 4:29 AM

Jul 2009
Eh, it won't let me edit my message so I have to write another post:

Also, the prospect that Sebastian may be tricking Ciel (which I doubt, it's probably to help Ciel in the end) seems more realistic to me -- afterall, he IS a demon, contract or not aside, so for him to trick a human is plausible. Again, I must say that I very much doubt Sebastian is tricking Ciel.

Aug 16, 2010 4:35 AM
Jul 2010
sebastian>claude
Aug 16, 2010 4:49 AM

Jul 2009
j_hoon said:
sebastian>claude

Of course.

Aug 16, 2010 6:46 AM
Jul 2010
and about this season i think it is rly rly good and seems intresting in many ways and the new people is OK EXPECT Alois -.- he is to much:]
Aug 16, 2010 10:54 PM

Feb 2010
j_hoon said:
sebastian>claude

Heck yes.
Aug 17, 2010 2:13 PM

Sep 2009
It would have been kind of cool to see a new duo even if I love Ciel and Sebastian. I mean, just think about the possibilities for a second here, with two new characters and a new goal while still holding on to the original concept it could've been so great!
Instead we get this really random plot that just expands the series. I've never been this confused while watching a "sequel", even when they explain shit to me I don't get what's going on.
And don't get me started on Alois. I knew of the bat that he wasn't gonna be like Ciel, and at first I actually liked him a lot. He's totally insane xD With such a messed up personality I expected a lot more from him, but boy did episode 7 make me hate his guts. Maybe it was because he didn't want to die YET, but sweet Jesus kid! You've sold your soul to a demon, you've something far worse than death waiting for you.
“He was a maniac and a monster, but people don't love like that anymore. Or maybe it's only the maniacs and monsters who do. I don't know."
- Peter S. Beagle, The last unicorn
Aug 22, 2010 11:47 AM
Dec 2009
Gosh I was looking a topic like this.

I personally hate the second season. I didn't really like the final overall storyline in the first season either, but hear me out.

Some of the aspects of the manga that would've been the first season was great. Even so, in the first season, I enjoyed all the characters, the subtle yet obviously strong relationship between Sebastian and Ciel, and all the mysteries clouding well.. everything. They gave you a little background on the characters, you met new characters through different mysterious events, this was a great.

Second season, you can tell, is just for fanservice. Like Lafuria_sux said:
lafuria_sux said:
This season is nothin but a ploy to milk the kuro franchise . Nothin else .
I'm very disappointed with this. The storyline so far hasn't smoothed over well with the end of the first season. It's just this random event that he randomly has his life. I also find it sudden to:

I don't know, second season makes me sad to no end. They took out the dark mood, impelling mysteries, and developed characters for... what,

I do not consider this Kuroshitsuji 2 at all. I see this as a different anime with different people.
(:
Aug 22, 2010 12:27 PM

May 2010
Meh, I actually really like this season.
I think it's very dark, sad and, to me, it does provide some amazing characters.
Alois is one of my absolute favorite characters ever, the triplets are a nice touch, Claude is.. yeah, hell of a demon and Hannah.. well I'm not gonna say anything about her, cuz I doubt it'll be nice words.

The plot might be a bit weak compared to the first season, but my love for those characters in the show is just strong enough to make me love it anyway.

And.. as painful as it is, I do like that they brought in a demon with seriously no heart at all.

But I do play with the thought of this season just being something to feed the fans with, and that they're actually making a real season 2, with the circus arc and murder mansion arc animated.

But overall, I'm happy about the season. I'm not gonna sit down and sulk.
I'm just gonna enjoy the show.
Does need more Grell, Will and Finny, though.

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Aug 22, 2010 11:55 PM

Jun 2010
I watched season 1 a year ago but wasn't really interested in it back then so I discontinued. Then, I started season 2 cause I like Claude's voice actor and I watched all of s1 before continuing with s2.

The recent happenings in the series disappoints me a little and I agree with xSimplicity that it has a different "vibe" and maybe it would have been best if the whole thing just ended in s1. But I'm gonna follow it till the end. :X
Aug 23, 2010 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
Bah, it's... ok...I dun't know, i'll still leave my rating to nin for now...till episode 8 I loved every episode...
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Aug 23, 2010 7:48 AM

Jun 2009
I wouldn't say I hate it but I wouldn't say I like it. I prefer the 1st season than the second season. I really enjoyed the first season that I gave it a 10, but when I watch the second season. meh. I just don't like it. I agree with lafuria_sux too.
lafuria_sux said:
This season is nothin but a ploy to milk the kuro franchise . Nothin else .

No matter how much I like Kuroshitsuji, I just can't really enjoyed the second season. This season is only full of fanservice here and there. But, I'm happy that they introduce the new characters, except Claude, and I want to see how they end it.

And yes, this season feels like a filler since it's not in the manga.

Aug 24, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
I think that the plot of season 2 is quite interesting if you look really deep into it (really deep, past all the fan services and..err...other weird things that they did to our heads).

I remember violently slamming my desk, screaming at the top of my lungs, crying...err..pressing the refresh button impatiently...discussing like crazy..
(this is mainly due to the episodes where I REALLLY wanted to know what happened and what the heck is going on..it's like Ciel suddenly "wakes up" and this new master and butler thing appear..they don't seem to have to do with anything..blah blah..Claude suddenly breaks TWO CONTRACTS, THAT'S RIGHT and things gets a little more confusing after Alois dies..(what Hannah did and is going to do..etc.)

Yeah, pretty much Kuroshitsuji II has made me insane (see above for evidence) and so it got something out of me. My insanity has been unleashed because of this season, I'll give them that..but maybe..it's because it was so interesting it drove me insane. Nope, actually I think it's the way they placed the events.
It really messed up my head. T___T"
But what has got me to continue watching? * gasp *
It's the new characters, I really wanted to know more about them..especially Alois.
And why am I still watching since he's gone?
Well, there's one reason that may contain too much blood and gore to be posted (cough) but it's mainly because I want to learn more about Claude and why
the heck he is..well THE WAY HE IS. Must be because he's a demon, yeahh. It's so obvious. Okay I give up. I'm watching because I want to see what Claude gets at the end. One, all...or nothing (hopefully this).
Technically (also) Alois is still in the show..lol..not in the form I'd want him to be..but his SOUL IS THERE AND THE RING IS PROOF.
I want to know what happens to the ring, I mean, Alois' soul.
EarlCielAug 24, 2010 11:06 AM
Aug 25, 2010 1:06 AM

Jun 2009
i like it more as the first one somehow cause its more action included
Sep 3, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
I loved the first season without a doubt, but I can see how the second season does fall short a little. However, I still like it so far and I have been enjoying. I rate my anime on how much I enjoy it and like it as I watch it, and in my opinion its good. I liked some of the new characters and I don't think its bad at all. I personally like the story so far and look forward to more.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 3, 2010 4:07 PM
Aug 2010
Its okay, I'm still really confused about how the heck everyones still alive and happy after the ending of S1.. did I miss something...?
Its kind of annoying how the SECOND episode is a filler, but I guess it was just to show "oh hey, theyre not dead. look, theyre still friends, etc."
Theres a lot of things imo that havent been cleared up. But then again I may have missed something...?
Sep 3, 2010 6:05 PM
Aug 2010
This season is a mess. They filled the 90% of the episodes with fanservice and that 10% of plot left is twisted and messy.
Ciel is dead, then he's back, then it seems he's regaining his memories, then he doesn't, then Alois dies, then he's back again... what they build during an episode is what they destroy during the next one and in the end we're always back to square one.
Sep 3, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
Astrid_ said:
This season is a mess. They filled the 90% of the episodes with fanservice and that 10% of plot left is twisted and messy.
Ciel is dead, then he's back, then it seems he's regaining his memories, then he doesn't, then Alois dies, then he's back again... what they build during an episode is what they destroy during the next one and in the end we're always back to square one.
Yeah I agree, it's horrid.
Sep 3, 2010 6:30 PM

Jan 2010
It's SHI-TY.
Sep 3, 2010 8:13 PM

Oct 2009
I don't like it at all and i agree with many of the posts here.
It's really sad how it looked like it had potential (And i was really looking forward to it) yet it was totally thrown off.
It just makes me sad really~
Sep 7, 2010 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
Ale1190 said:

It's really sad how it looked like it had potential (And i was really looking forward to it) yet

I don't like it too - first seazon was a way better and after watching it i thought 'wow, second will be amazing'

a huge disappointment? not really. a middle one. it's getting much more sebas-chan-ish!
Sep 16, 2010 2:40 PM

Apr 2008
After the last episode I must say this WAS THE MOST FUCKED UP AND POINTLESS SEASON IN A VERY LONG TIME IN ANIME HISTORY. I'll just treat this like Tsukihime. IT NEVER EXISTED.
Sep 16, 2010 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
all in all it wasnt bad that only thing i hate is the hole trancy household is now more

Sep 16, 2010 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
Memphi said:
I so hate this pointless series which hasn't even followed the manga. All we can say is this series has actually been a filler. Im so glad it ends tomorrow, to be honest. I really am though.

It already ended pal. And thank god it did
Sep 17, 2010 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
Thousandmiles said:
Astrid_ said:
Yeah I agree, it's horrid.

Agreed! glad im not the only one who thought it was shitty.
Sep 17, 2010 1:09 PM

Feb 2010
This season was really messed up, I agree, although I actually liked the idea
of were they were trying to go with this...the plot was interesting..the new characters...but it can be messy at times.
If you're always in complicated situations and have watched a really weird anime that does NOT make sense whatsoever, this would not compare (not giving title names), but Kuroshtisuji II is a magnificent anime if you look past the fanservice and look
more in depth to the characters..and what's happening...
Alois dying was to show Claude's true self, his true self started unraveling and unraveling..but this was the final straw.
Sep 17, 2010 1:16 PM
Aug 2010
EarlCiel said:
This season was really messed up, I agree, although I actually liked the idea
of were they were trying to go with this...the plot was interesting..the new characters...but it can be messy at times.
If you're always in complicated situations and have watched a really weird anime that does NOT make sense whatsoever, this would not compare (not giving title names), but Kuroshtisuji II is a magnificent anime if you look past the fanservice and look
more in depth to the characters..and what's happening...
Alois dying was to show Claude's true self, his true self started unraveling and unraveling..but this was the final straw.

What do you mean, the final straw? Are you talking about Claude, or the surprise of Ciel becoming a demon?
Sep 17, 2010 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
What the heck am I saying? o___o
I think...I meant that we (the watchers of the anime) got to know his true
self (we got a better understanding of who he is) when he killed Alois.
I don't know why I said final straw..but I believe I meant to say it as "killing Alois" was the final hinting they gave us about what kind of a person (DEMON) Claude is.

Okay. My head officially hurts. Never discuss anime after coming home from
swimming for 2 hours.
Sep 17, 2010 1:30 PM

Nov 2007
Although I at times thoroughly enjoyed the season, I kept wondering why they needed to do one at all. I liked the return of Sebastian and I actually became more fond of season 2's version of Ciel, as it was darker.

It didn't really feel like there was a goal in mind in the beginning of the series, and it started going downhill after episode seven of eight.

The ending was a real lackluster for me

All in all, I was entertained for a couple of episodes but was left with a bad taste after the season had ended. I guess I both liked it and didn't like it at the same time? :D

Dec 8, 2021 5:44 PM
Dec 2017
It was alright but not the best.

May 18, 2022 11:23 PM
Jul 2021
I don't know why this season has such a bad rep amongst the fans.
IMO this season is not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, sure is weaker than Book of Circus but so is the first one, for me this season is a nudge above the first one. And it's all because Alois Trancy this dude rocks! He doesn't care if he's making waves or not. He as a je ne sais quoi and he himself pushes this season forward.
Maybe my opinion is biased beyond words because I myself was a catamite just like Alois and I know first hand how it can damage you beyond words and I had a friend just like him, his name was/is Matthew and oh boy oh boy.
Anyway IMHO this season should have been the last one. This series should have gone this way Kuroshitsuji ->Book of Circus->This season, why? You may ask, well the way this season ended it would have been a nice wrap up for the series, but then they had to get greedy/keep the western woke brigade/blue hair land whales happy and produce the "movie" Book of the Atlantic and ruin the entire franchise.
DawizzMay 18, 2022 11:31 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

850 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Today, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.