Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2010 6:21 AM

Dec 2007
To be fair the commentary of Takashi was actually manga text that was left out during the early episodes. Although I agree. Recapping at this stage is silly.

From the episode titles I think they're trying to stick to 1 chapter per episode format.
Jul 27, 2010 6:24 AM
Jun 2010
BlitzAceSamy said:
So, what have we learnt from today's episode?

Search corpses for loot. You might get valuable weapons and ammo.
Baseball bat + cash registers = money, but for some reason you need to stand on the counter to smash the cash register.
If you can't aim with a gun, throw yourself forward for a point-blank shoot.

In other words, we learned how to play a MMORPG and to never miss with the Deagle in counter strike.

Jul 27, 2010 6:32 AM

Dec 2009
Well that was a pretty uneventful episode.
Jul 27, 2010 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
The plot seems so slow, hope this will be a 52 episode than 24-6s
Jul 27, 2010 7:21 AM
Jun 2010
yamato21 said:

Impossible, there's only 26 chapters so far.

Jul 27, 2010 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
Half of this episode is a recap, lame
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 27, 2010 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
FFS, this is episoce 4. Screw the recap. I do remember what'd happened in last episodes, no need to recap me after 3 episodes :( And that pervert psycho was annoying. Episode fail. Next one better be good, or I'm lowering score for it :/

But anyway. Still love the show.
Jul 27, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2009
Having a recap already sorta bugged me, mainly because i just watched all 4 episodes but this anime is amazing and i cant wait for more, think im probably gonna read the manga now :)
Jul 27, 2010 9:52 AM

Sep 2008
Too much recap, but that wasn't bed episod, mayby creators will show us extra big part of info in next episod...
Jul 27, 2010 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
Shaun of the Dead gas station, lol

Jul 27, 2010 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
Too soon for a recap but it kinda make sense since they are out of the school so a new stage begins.
Jul 27, 2010 11:15 AM

Jun 2009
Recap was too long, considering it's only 4th episode. They should've adapt two chapters in this one episode instead. But Rika's coming in next episode, can't wait to see her animated. Also, give me moar Saeko! >.<

yamato21 said:
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 27, 2010 11:31 AM
Jul 2009
what was the opera song they played in this episode?
Jul 27, 2010 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
Pretty dumb to have such long recap in EPISODE 4, "we must meet them 7 am at the police station" and current time would been enough. Also the main character (can't remember name) could've get in real trouble if the thug had just took the gun out of his hand. Thought I'm sure street thugs in japan would be pretty surprised to see a gun.
Jul 27, 2010 12:10 PM

Feb 2010
Well, this episode was pretty good, but doing that much recap that early in the series? NOT looking forward to a recap orgy..
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 27, 2010 12:18 PM
Jul 2010
DalokohsBar said:
CitizenJustice said:
Why do people like Takashi?

Probably because his sense of the people who is important to him and his firm personality give impressions that he's a popular main character. I'd think so as well.

The gas station scene was great. Although honestly half of the episode shouldn't be recap and maybe the other scenes should have been fleshed out more. And I'm still curious about the bus with the other survivors (and smug-as-fuck Shino and his slave students). They said to meet at 7 PM, but we never hear from them. Maybe a scene or two with the other survivors would have made a better use of airtime than a recap.

Overall I'm excited to watch the next episode, but I guess it's another week to wait.

Firm personality as in stating the obvious? If you read the manga you'll find out.
Jul 27, 2010 12:21 PM
Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
CitizenJustice said:
Why do people like Takashi?

Cause he's no pussy male lead character. cause he sacrificed another human being without batting an eyelid.

I wouldn't necessarily call that a sacrifice. He is so dense, I have no idea why they gave him leadership he doesn't do anything but rush in. Someone dies because of him in chapter 24 or 25. He's practically useless unless you want someone to distract zombies for you or create love triangles that might tear the group apart.
Jul 27, 2010 12:30 PM
Jul 2009
AntiCliche said:

I have no idea why they gave him leadership he doesn't do anything but rush in.

They probably chose him to be leader, because when you think of leader you think of a male
character. There are only two main male characters. And to the people who watch HOTD,
who do you think looks more like a leader out of Kouta and Takashi? Takashi.
Jul 27, 2010 1:48 PM

Feb 2010
Half Recap, half Episode. Under the niveau of the previous episodes.
Jul 27, 2010 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
Recap this early into the show disappointed me, but the second half was solid. The bit with the jet passing by and taking the picture screamed of classic Romero though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
How long does it take to get to the police station? I mean they've been riding a mortorcycle all night and they still haven't reached it?
Jul 27, 2010 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
Kicco said:
Recapp already. not impressed

ya what in hell t s the 4th ep why recap
Jul 27, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I'm dropping this down a point or two for the recap. Besides that, I could have liked the episode. I'm still very wary of Rei as a character, and I'm not impressed with the lead guy. So much so that I don't bother to remember his name.
Jul 27, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
Don't like that they are already doing a recap....bad omen for episodes to come.

Rest of the episode was good though.

But why do we need the "Holy rays of light" censorship? I saw the uncensored version too...not that big of a deal to me!
Jul 27, 2010 8:30 PM

Jan 2010
There indeed was a lot of recapping, but I didn't think it was that bad of a recap. Went through everything pretty swiftly and in a manner that was enjoyable to rewatch. And guys, discuss the episode, not characters. You can make a thread for that.
Yeah seriously, as many people say it, the episodes go REALLY fast. I think it could either be because it's so fucking damn good, or it covers too little in a way that doesn't seem like it. Shidou... needs to see a bat to the face and eaten alive. Overall, I think it was a good episode, although a lot of it taking place at night was kind of surprising like last episode. Makes sense, but seems a lot more eerie because it's night. And holy shit man, I really need information on when the Full versions of the songs will be released. Anyone mind telling me if you know?
neverLampJul 27, 2010 8:35 PM
Jul 27, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2007
I can't be the only who couldn't suppress a laugh at Rei's SO REALISTIC jello boob. But I suppose I should expect nothing less from this entertaining anime! Zombie panty shots three episodes in, why not?! XD

I swear this fanservice is more lulz than meant to actually turn guys on.
Jul 27, 2010 10:43 PM

Apr 2009
I was pretty irritated that they had a recap tbh, its not like we can't remember what happened three episodes ago -___-
The crazy gangster thug dude was just plain creepy and i was glad to see him tore up by zombies. Still liking this anime overall though, can't go wrong with zombie apocalypse.
Jul 28, 2010 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
Can everybody SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BEING PISSED OFF OVER THE RECAP ALREADY?!! PLEASE?!!

I mean I get that whenever an anime reuses clips from past episodes in the form of a recap, that sort of thing can irritate people, especially when it's done SOOO obviously! I would know! Whenever I see lazily formed flashbacks/recaps in shonen anime, I go thinking "really? Is it really THAT neccesary to do that?" But in this case, it really didn't feel like that much of a recap at all. I mean, okay, yeah! Technically speaking, clips from past episodes were reused in this episode. But first of all, since we're being technical about this, the clips combined didn't even use up the entire half of the episode. It was about less than 5 minutes of a freaking recap!

And second, in the immortal words of Christian Bale, "NO DON'T JUST BE SORRY. THINK FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND!!" Really people, just THINK about how the recap was used in the first place! It's night time, the streets are quiet, and the main character is finally given a chance to take a breather without worrying about a hoard of zombies attacking him. Yet all he can think of is reflecting on what the fuck happened in the past 12 hours or so, in the form of him narrating the recap no less!

God!! Again, I get how recaps in an anime can normally upset people, but this one at least had some creativity applied to it! And ya know what, I'm almost certain someone has an axe to grind about my comment and is gonna spew some bullshit argument. And honestly, I don't really care! I'm just sick of of reading this thread, and every post in every page is about being frustrated over the freaking recaps. Talk about something else for once! Jesus!
HypeathonJul 28, 2010 12:45 AM
Jul 28, 2010 12:42 AM

Apr 2008
I think what pisses off most about the recaps is the fact that they did it when they already have a small number of eps scheduled.
Jul 28, 2010 12:42 AM

Feb 2009
Hypeathon said:
Can everybody SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BEING PISSED OFF OVER THE RECAP ALREADY?!! PLEASE?!!

I mean I get that whenever an anime reuses clips from past episodes in the form of a recap, that sort of thing can irritate people, especially when it's done SOOO obviously! I would know! Whenever I see lazily formed flashbacks/recaps in shonen anime, I go thinking "really? Is it really THAT neccesary to do that?" But in this case, it really didn't feel like that much of a recap at all. I mean, okay, yeah! Technically speaking, clips from past episodes were reused in this episode. But first of all, since we're being technical about this, the clips combined didn't even use up the entire half of the episode. It was about less than 5 minutes of a freaking recap!

And second, in the immortal words of hristian Bale, "NO DON'T JUST BE SORRY. THINK FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND!!" Really people, just THINK about how the recap was used in the first place! It's night time, the streets are quiet, and the main character is finally given a chance to take a breather without worrying about a hoard of zombies attacking him. Yet all he can think of is reflecting on what the fuck happened in the past 12 hours or so, in the form of him narrating the recap no less!

God!! Again, I get how recaps in an anime can normally upset people, but this one at least had some creativity applied to it! And ya know what, I'm almost certain someone has an axe to grind about my comment and is gonna spew some bullshit argument. And honestly, I don't really care! I'm just sick of of reading this thread, and every post in every page is about being frustrated over the freaking recaps. Talk about something else for once! Jesus!

So much and useless recap, it ruined the episode... RUINED!
Jul 28, 2010 12:46 AM

Jul 2009
Hypeathon said:

Bravo, well said, and with a minimum of caps usage. oh, and Koichi = Snake

My god...I'm a tomato!!!
Jul 28, 2010 2:12 AM
Jun 2008
LOL
This is the first series that have a recap after 3 episode.You guy should be feel proud on watching it . =P

@Hypeathon
HoTd is a very unstable series since its very hype from the first episode,surely a small mistake will cause a big uproar.I think the recap in episode 1 from LoLH is way much more better than this.
MorningGloryJul 28, 2010 2:19 AM
Jul 28, 2010 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
Dude, what's with the recap, it's only been 3 episodes. >.>

And just to let everyone know, the way he was handling Rei's boobs actually does not happen in real life. Our boobs are not like plastic bags filled with water. >.>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 28, 2010 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
@Hypeathon
HoTd is a very unstable series since its very hype from the first episode,surely a small mistake will cause a big uproar.I think the recap in episode 1 from LoLH is way much more better than this.

You're seriously gonna need to explain to me what on earth LoLH is.
Jul 28, 2010 2:41 AM

Jul 2010
yeah, didnt like the recap. waste of an episode
Jul 28, 2010 2:41 AM

Oct 2007
recap already sucks, but the 2nd half was damn cool
Jul 28, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2008
Kagurawr said:
First, half an episode of the main character I can't remember the name of reminiscing what has happened up to date. After that, touring around the city while delicious Engrish singing on the background. The animators have been really lazy, haven't they? More panty shots in case someone complains about how bad the episode is. Hell, they even resorted to boob fondling. Sigh...It's a zombie killing anime, right? I don't think I saw a single zombie being killed.

I'm amazed how they have the guts to give us this shit and call it anime. Though I'm even more by amazed how people are actually satisfied with the show being as shit as it is. Seriously, fuck this shit.

then GTFO and watch something else
Jul 28, 2010 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
Kagurawr said:
First, half an episode of the main character I can't remember the name of reminiscing what has happened up to date. After that, touring around the city while delicious Engrish singing on the background. The animators have been really lazy, haven't they? More panty shots in case someone complains about how bad the episode is. Hell, they even resorted to boob fondling. Sigh...It's a zombie killing anime, right? I don't think I saw a single zombie being killed.

I'm amazed how they have the guts to give us this shit and call it anime. Though I'm even more by amazed how people are actually satisfied with the show being as shit as it is. Seriously, fuck this shit.

Woah what?! You're still here?! Seriously though, there's no point anymore. I don't see why you even make such an effort to watch an anime you hate and continually post about it. It's quite strange really.

Hypeathon said:

Well said. The recap did bother me a bit, but people are way overreacting with it. Like I said before, it wasn't "half the episode", but 5 minutes...and it was implemented in a way that it wasn't over the top.

Darklight0303 said:

then GTFO and watch something else

Aha, I don't expect him to leave soon. He's been saying that this anime is "shit" from day one...Yet continually comes back here after every episode to further insult the series. Don't know why he's doing himself a disfavor...But uh, that's how he enjoys himself I guess.
---

Hmm...
Jul 28, 2010 3:33 AM
Feb 2010
The recap was just five minutes, it wasn't that bad....

But as for the crazy guy, I found that situation to be somewhat realistic. I mean sure he was a bit over the top but I would see how he lost his sanity after all that killing of his family but what he did was unjustified. Takashi totally gave him what he deserved.

As for the next episode, looks like everyone's back. I'm still a bit weirded out by that teacher trying to be some sort of God to the gullible students. o.O

The pace of this anime is really slow, but it's better that way. I hope the buildup to the final episode is great. I wouldn't want there to be slow pacing for no reason. Closure, my friends, closure. XD
Jul 28, 2010 3:38 AM
Feb 2010
Kagurawr said:

Not a single zombie killed? Dude, u must be blind if u didn't see the police shot down 2 zombies and FYI, they're trying to survive here, not go on a all-u-can-kill spree on the zombies. Hell, even Saeko advised to not fight unless really needed in the previous ep.

And about the boob fondling, READ.THE BLOODY.MANGA for godsake be4 u call it "resorting to".

TBH, after watching this about another 3 times i kinda stopped to hate the flashback/recap, i mean if u look at it another way: It really shows how everything turned from normal to total shitfest within just hours. Added with the scenes of how the town being deserted with blood splats here and there, I actually enjoyed this ep more than the respective chp.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 28, 2010 5:28 AM

Feb 2010
Best thing about this recap:

In the beginning it hinted into the Takashi x Saya arc... I wondered when I would get some glimpses of what background was between them.
Jul 28, 2010 6:08 AM

Jun 2010
Poor rapist. Must smash everyone-in-his-family's head. I would go crazy like him if I had to do that.
In a world like that you must kill other people in order to survive. It's really a dog-eat-dog world.
Also hope that cunning Shidou dies and gets his head smashed soon.
Jul 28, 2010 6:51 AM

Oct 2009
Seto_Akari said:
Poor rapist. Must smash everyone-in-his-family's head. I would go crazy like him if I had to do that.
In a world like that you must kill other people in order to survive. It's really a dog-eat-dog world.
Also hope that cunning Shidou dies and gets his head smashed soon.

I also don't like the fact that Shidou is being rescued. With such narcissism, they should have just left him behind to let him attempt saving himself. It looks like he and Rei had some sort of history though.

Jul 28, 2010 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
Kagurawr said:

Unlike a lot of series, they are sticking strickly to the manga material. Each episode is almost exactly one chapter of the manga. This chapter, however, had less material to work with so they resorted to recap. It's as simple as that.

The breast fondling in this episode wasn't done purely for a fanservice scene. I'm not so naive as to believe that it was not for fanservice at all, only an idiot would make that arguement, but it's to show the morale battles going on now that they world has basically fallen into chaos and people of either walking dead or insane. And I think they did a good job in that (Other then making the whole breast thing really awkward...) not so much for the insane guy, but showing how easily Takashi and Rei are falling into their role as "murderers", not even batting an eye as they left that guy behind to be torn apart.

For crying out loud, the recap could have been WAY worse. I mean, for goodness sakes, it's not like it was all recycled material. They at least attempted to make up for the recap a little by adding new scenes in there.

I do not believe the animators have been lazy. I mean, have you seen 70% of the anime out there? This animation is pretty amazing.

It's not a zombie killing anime. It's an anime about surviving in a zombie apocalypse. There is a difference. We're not watching Zombieland.

Like I said previously, have you seen 70% of the anime out there? Sure, it's most certainly not the best, but it is a hell of a lot better then a fair few of the other popular series out there (*cough* Naruto *Cough*)

If you don't wanna watch, just... Watch something else. Simple as that.
Jul 28, 2010 11:19 AM
Jun 2008
zombieland is also a story about survival -.-
Every zombie game is about survival unless the game doesn't have an ending to it....
Its just that this thread makes people think that this Anime is a zombie killing anime but I guess people are excited of how many zombie killed when each character kills it....I am not very sure how they found it interesting but I don't think I have the right to be judging that .....
There is an ending in this series,and I am very excited to know how it end ^^
Jul 28, 2010 11:56 AM

Jan 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Too much recapping. =[

Agreed. I hated that so much. I mean, it's episode 4. Do you really need to recap? Ugh. At least wait until episode 12. Aggravating as it was, at least it wasn't the entire episode.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 28, 2010 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
MorningGlory said:
zombieland is also a story about survival -.-

Not really. While in Highschool of the Dead, the main focus is the characters surviving and how they kill the zombies, it doesn't particularily matter.

However, in Zombieland, they try just about as many ways possible to kill a zombie (I mean, do you see people in HOTD killing zombies with pianos? No) and basically just being a parody in general.

I would say that survival was a part of Zombieland (The motivation) but the story itself wasn't about survival. It was about the zombies.
Jul 28, 2010 12:39 PM

Jun 2010
I want uncensored version so bad... i'll have to wait till the dvd comes out :S
Jul 28, 2010 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
The recap was just 5 and a half minutes guys, stop whining.
It was over in a flash, and did a nice job of being a setup for the rest of the episode if you ask me.
Jul 28, 2010 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, over half was all recaps. :/ Wasted episode.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.