Forum Settings
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2010 12:24 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good movie, a fun space adventure with an almost all female cast.

I like the array of charcters, and it was a decent enought dub.
I'll have to check out the sub as well.

Okay, I understand Rabby and Patty still being alive, but how is Elusa, Catty, Luffy, and Pony still alive?
Idk, but at the end on "Earth"? it showed all of them alive and well?

I'll definitely continue to watch the rest of the series.

7/10

Urahara Out!!

Sent with Mal Updater
MrHatandClogsJul 17, 2010 12:31 PM
Aug 22, 2010 2:16 PM
Jun 2008
lol it was fun and silly and weird, it was quite obvious that they gonna live but i will give it a credit for killing all the character pretty well
it was fun lol
7/10
Sep 5, 2011 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
A strange mix between Alien(the movie), Macross and possibly a few other mecha anime of the time. The character's aren't really memorable and the story has some strange twists(the ending will really give you the kicks). But overally your average 80s SciFi, with flashy space action, some music and the obligatory topless shots.

P.S. I think you guys misunderstood the ending a bit. Only two people survived, and subsequently they reproduced, kinda like Adam and Eve, expanding the human race across, what seems to be Earth. The significance of all the characters appearing again in the end I think simbolizes the cyclic nature of the universe.

Over hundreds of years, sooner or later someone might be born, looking almost exactly like you do today, with similar personality and traits. Heck, I bet each one of us has a few doubles even today. This goes well with the "mono no aware" (the passing of time) philosophy, that often appears in anime. And it's a nice return for the viewer, since the characters just keep dying one after another throught the OVA.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jan 25, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Smells Like Teen Spirit (your vote).
Jul 27, 2016 12:12 PM
Dec 2014
So yesterday marked the 30th Anniversary for this. I'll have to give it a good rewatch, as usual.
Apr 10, 2021 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
Macross+LOGH-like-battles(albeit before it actually came out)+slapstick out-of-place comedy+weird birth plot = Gall Force

Going out of the space-time continuum (after the "jump") looked like a 2001 Space Odyssey reference

Some Paranoid ships reminded me of mobile armor from Gundam. And I imagine that Paranoid Axis was probably meant to be a callback to WWII?

So, planet Chaos was destroyed chaotically and turned into the Moon, and we got cameos from Creamy Mami and Shougo from MZ23. Rabby and Patty kinda sacrificed themselves, I guess?

Overall, not good voice acting, some impressive chase/fighting animation (with clear inspirations from Birth, I guess), very obvious callbacks from Macross with transforming vehicles...and then we have shooting space lasers mentioned offhand, of course.Typical sci-fi plot (for the most part).

Weird ending credits with M.D. Geist mentioned (some CPM quirk, apparently)
Jul 31, 2023 7:13 AM
Apr 2020
Fate of all Star Leaf's crews
Lufy stranded in space with Bron-Z while help crew to escape from Paranoids
Eluza die from failed unification experiment after get impregnated by Paranoid
Pony stay in exploding Star Leaf to find truth behind Catty
Catty sacrifice herself to move pod away from explosion
Rabby and Patty die from destruction of Chaos while stalling both Paranoid and Central Guard 
Rumy be together with new lifeform and create new civilization
Jan 14, 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, so we all stem from a tribe of space-travelling lesbians. This is wild. :3
Feb 23, 10:16 PM

Oct 2021
Cute girls doing badass stuff, and a lot of bewbs, nice! What is not to like?

Overall one of the quirkiest Genesis allegories I've seen, lol.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.