Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 2010 4:06 PM

Jun 2010
Boring.

But should have expected that, people were screaming how the game its based on has super slow plot.
Jul 3, 2010 4:34 PM

Jan 2010
It would be nice if the story accelerates from here. Not all series start out strong, after all, and it is rather obstinate to base one's perception of a particular series on one bloody episode. Granted, the introduction was not among the most thorough of beginnings, so further explanations in the upcoming episode(s) would be welcomed.

One thing that may be off putting, I suppose, is that a good majority of the harem is already established. By episode one, no less. Most of them are quite forward; maybe flat character designs are to blame? Seems like that there's too many females already...And they are all falling for Mr. Fix-it. His mother's actions around him are also rather suspect.

This series is not drop-dead god awful but it is far from fantastic. (^.^"")
Jul 3, 2010 4:38 PM

Sep 2009
5 minutes in ~ wtf is going on o.o?
Jul 3, 2010 5:32 PM

May 2009
Most anime is generic these days; dipping into the same character pool as all the shows before it, but this was over the top unoriginal.

I though about giving a few more eps a go before making up my mind, but it's not as though these characters are gonna dramatically change.

Dropped.
Jul 3, 2010 5:36 PM

May 2009
Definitely the worst first episode of the season so far. The character designs are seriously generic, and the whole episode was way too boring. I will give it another episode or two, but if it doesn't pick up, I will propably drop it.
Jul 3, 2010 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
- moe blob..
- based from eroge..
- harem in a different setting and a different breed of protagonist..
- pretty typical heroines..
- boring slice of lifey feel..
- good background visuals..
- nice background music..
- cute voices i'm quite familiar with from eroges..
- negative first episode impressions by the masses..
- risky animation and directing staff..

well, looks like i'll be watching it after all.. hehe.. assigned as my underdog anime of the season..
Jul 3, 2010 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
^ May your will power be strong. I wish you luck.
Jul 3, 2010 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
- Minetto? Lol name. Also, why is her voice so annoying?
- Go to hell Agnes. Puppeteer from Aria is more awesome, and he looks like pedophile too!

I've actually managed to watch whole episode. I feel like i could watch whole Lilpri now.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 3, 2010 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
niLy said:
laa-chan said:
Wow, such a boring, slow start...

Hopefully it gets better.

agreed...

2 out of 5: Disliked it (your vote)

Wait, what?

The start was paced really correctly and the episode fulfilled it's purpose to introduce the world a bit and the character. Imo this is one of the best start for an harem anime I've seen in a long time.

The animation is average as for now, music is not memorable and the story use a lot of stereotyped character but that's what I was expecting from an eroge adaptation.
The execution of the episode was correct, especially because I was expecting it to be total garbage.
Seiyu are doing their job fine, there is fanservice but without abusing it (well for now). The story look a tad serious (well probably because of the execution of the episode).

I though this episode was more than ok, especially giving what it originate from so it'll be a 4/5 for me for this episode.
Jul 3, 2010 7:10 PM

Jun 2009
^ Where's "Haters gonna hate"?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 3, 2010 8:26 PM

Sep 2009
not too bad don't know if i'll keep watching it but i won't drop it unless the next two episodes aren't that interesting :3
also seems like a harem and Leceister isn't very interesting at all
i like the milf and the purple haired twins

Jul 3, 2010 8:26 PM

Nov 2008
I only like the animation and I know that the plot, if it has one, will not be interesting. But still I'll give it a try, I just hope that this does not end up like Mayoi Neko Overrun!

I kind of have an idea what what happens in the game since its egore. It is almost enough for me to want to play it.
Jul 3, 2010 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
Boring plot :/
Jul 3, 2010 9:08 PM

May 2008
Quite interesting, meh too many harems these days XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 3, 2010 9:43 PM

Apr 2009
I agree with all the other people who said the characters are generic and the first episode was boring. However...

HawthorneKitty said:
The girls are cute.
That's all I expected and it seems that is what I'll get. No complaints here.

This explains my feelings exactly word for word.
Jul 3, 2010 9:51 PM

May 2007
I can't get over the fact that one of the characters is named Tortilla, Salsa.
Jul 3, 2010 11:16 PM

Feb 2009
*Checks HCG*

No Okaa-san route? Are you kidding me? >:[

Knight girl is loev.
Jul 3, 2010 11:24 PM

Oct 2008
This is bad. 1/5
Series will probably get 1/10 or 2/10
Salsa Tortilla???wtf?
Jul 3, 2010 11:28 PM

Jan 2008
For some moments i thought i had Tales of Phantasia before my eyes (no this isn´t a insult) and who knows the SNES Game knows what i mean when they loook at the ending part. It also reminded me of the Ragnarok Series...
The story itself is.... sugar, sugar and more sugar + harem + generic fantasy world. The voices got on my nerves at some points.... I will be following this for 2 more episodes and then decide if i drop it or not.

Jul 4, 2010 1:01 AM

Apr 2008
would like to see how will this series turn out to be o_o

Jul 4, 2010 2:17 AM

Jun 2009
ZetaZeta said:
*Checks HCG*

Knight girl is loev.

Then glad i dropped it. Okaa-san was the best. ;< And yes, that Knight Girl is nice.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 4, 2010 2:25 AM

May 2010
The characters are pretty and so far it seems like a harem anime, with much of comedy.
Nothing interesting about the story, so I hope it gets better.
Jul 4, 2010 2:52 AM

Dec 2008
Dandere-chan said:

The start was paced really correctly and the episode fulfilled it's purpose to introduce the world a bit and the character. Imo this is one of the best start for an harem anime I've seen in a long time.

The animation is average as for now, music is not memorable and the story use a lot of stereotyped character but that's what I was expecting from an eroge adaptation.
The execution of the episode was correct, especially because I was expecting it to be total garbage.
Seiyu are doing their job fine, there is fanservice but without abusing it (well for now). The story look a tad serious (well probably because of the execution of the episode).

I though this episode was more than ok, especially giving what it originate from so it'll be a 4/5 for me for this episode.

I watched this episode without any expectation and I liked this episode even if it was mainly for introducing the characters.
This show has very cute character design
The surrounding resembles the atmosphere from Aria the animation a bit.

I hope this 12 episodes are enough to cover up the plot without rushing it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
ZetaZeta said:
*Checks HCG*

Knight girl is loev.

100% agreed. So uh, what exactly is this anime about again?
Jul 4, 2010 4:21 AM

Sep 2008
They were so totally on mushrooms while making this thing...

the only impression so far is "wtf?"
Jul 4, 2010 5:24 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, this was so much weaker than expected.
Urk.
Jul 4, 2010 8:40 AM

Mar 2010
Just as long as the male lead, or anybody else who DARES to be a shounen in a harem animu for that matter, doesn't get his butt kicked; I'm game with this.
Jul 4, 2010 10:10 AM

May 2010
Decent first episode for me. You can't really predict what an anime is going to be like in the first episode so I'll give it a shot.

Harem animes are pretty much the norm nowadays so a series like this is to be expected. People nowadays expect too much from anime, seriously. It's impossible for every anime out there to have a unique, thrilling story and surprisingly off the wall characters. You just got to learn to live with what you get and deal with it without complaining like children. If people think an anime is bad or sucks then I say, "Where's your amazing anime? Do you have an amazing anime that you're hiding or something???"

Truth is you can't really judge something unless you've done it yourself. You got people working in companies putting effort into making something that they hope people will watch and later buy so that they can get their next paycheck, yet these people just smack their work back in their faces. It's just childish and ignorant.

Well those were just my two cents on everything. Anyway looks like Episode 2 is going to get some action. ;D
Jul 4, 2010 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
I knew it was a harem from the VN and I expected to not have such an interesting plot but they had lots of interesting characters and fun moments, so i liked it
Jul 4, 2010 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
Geez...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 4, 2010 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
Akihiro209 said:
Harem animes are pretty much the norm nowadays so a series like this is to be expected. People nowadays expect too much from anime, seriously. It's impossible for every anime out there to have a unique, thrilling story and surprisingly off the wall characters. You just got to learn to live with what you get and deal with it without complaining like children. If people think an anime is bad or sucks then I say, "Where's your amazing anime? Do you have an amazing anime that you're hiding or something???"

Nice speech. But all I said was: Don't beat the male lead up.

The problem (IMMHO) is this: Japan has the capability to do something TOTALLY different from what they're doing but DOESN'T WANT TO. It's a long-held fear that the first to get "smashed" or "excommunicated" are the ones who are different or moved away from the group-thought mentality.

I believe that it's rude to call those who complain "childish and ignorant." Said complainers simply want something that's not like the thousands of by-the-numbers, "bad fanfic writing -esque" animu before them.

So yeah. I saw the first episode of ShukuCamp. It's okay (and NOTHING like "The Legend of Tomoyo & Youhei). I'll keep watching this for sure.
Jul 4, 2010 3:55 PM

Feb 2008
everything seems fine but damn the voice acting is so annoying.
Jul 4, 2010 5:02 PM
Mar 2010
bhè bhè bhè.... How much characters there are??
even so I love when there are many people XDXDXD
nice design, story....ehm what is the plot?? I think that I didn't see that!!!
I hope there will be in next ep.....
waiting for next ep....
Jul 4, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2009
Well, it wasn't a bad episode so I guess I'll keep watching. Not very interesting though, seems like quite a generic show.
Jul 4, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2010
Tyrenol said:
Akihiro209 said:

Nice speech. But all I said was: Don't beat the male lead up.

The problem (IMMHO) is this: Japan has the capability to do something TOTALLY different from what they're doing but DOESN'T WANT TO. It's a long-held fear that the first to get "smashed" or "excommunicated" are the ones who are different or moved away from the group-thought mentality.

I believe that it's rude to call those who complain "childish and ignorant." Said complainers simply want something that's not like the thousands of by-the-numbers, "bad fanfic writing -esque" animu before them.

So yeah. I saw the first episode of ShukuCamp. It's okay (and NOTHING like "The Legend of Tomoyo & Youhei). I'll keep watching this for sure.

Yeah okay I can see where you're coming from. Straying from the norm is pretty difficult since if it doesn't work out you've just wasted a whole lot of time and money. That said, you just have to try and be content with what they give you until they got something really good to work with. I sort of think of these animes as transition animes. Just something to watch while you wait for the good stuff.

I admit calling the complainers "childish and ignorant" may have been too much, but I had just gone through three pages of "This sucks" and "I'm totally dropping this" so you can see why I got a bit flustered up.
Jul 4, 2010 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
It seems just a little boring ... but it's only the first episode :]
Jul 5, 2010 5:30 AM
Nov 2008
Slow start, but the ending caught my interest. It kinda reminds me of Koihime Musou, without the ecchi.

I'll give it another few episodes, I'm not expecting anything amazing. It's a common harem anime afterall.
Jul 5, 2010 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
When I first heard about this anime I thought this will be a very good one from harem genre.
Disapointed.
I thought the art is very good, but blah - too sweet for me.
The show started really slow and there were too many characters introduced - what for?
The only thing that makes me still want to watch this show is the world. Seems like there's a good place for lots of fantasy.
Don't rate yet, but its an averege for me.
Jul 5, 2010 7:56 AM

Mar 2010
Akihiro209 said:
I admit calling the complainers "childish and ignorant" may have been too much, but I had just gone through three pages of "This sucks" and "I'm totally dropping this" so you can see why I got a bit flustered up.

It could've been worse. It always could've been worse. -_-;
Jul 5, 2010 8:12 AM

Mar 2009
Meh...pretty generic.

It wasn't bad, it was entertaining for the most part.

It's kind of the a softer version of Fairy Tail, they even got the talking cat.

The manga genre is labeled as shounen?
It seems more like a shoujo to me, but maybe that was just the first episode.

But, it wasn't full of a bunch of fan service, and the fan service there was, was tasteful, not pedo or gross at all.
So, that's a plus.

I'm not sure if I'll watch this one or not, I'll wait and see what else there is from this season.

Urahara Out!!
Jul 5, 2010 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
It was Ok. Nothing really special, I think I'll give it a couple more episodes to decide whether i'll continue it or not..
Jul 5, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2010
MrHatandClogs said:

The manga genre is labeled as shounen?
It seems more like a shoujo to me, but maybe that was just the first episode.

It's obviously a harem, and harem are, by definition, shounen.
Jul 5, 2010 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
Almost fell asleep watching literally. Had to skim from about 7 minutes in to the end due to boredom. At the very least throw something in to keep me interested. Hell even some fanservice in this episode would have made me bother to watch the entire thing.
Jul 5, 2010 12:48 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this exactly. I think I'm going to end up really liking Mimette's character and I'd be interested in learning who this, "creator" was.

The thing is that you can just smell the harem-osity after episode 1. :\
I might stick with this one. 'Seems rather generic but its only 12 episodes, so it couldn't be terrible. ... Right? xD;
Jul 5, 2010 6:53 PM

Feb 2009
Shelley, Leicester's mom reminds me of Ryuuji's mom in Toradora! in that they both are young, blond, and what some would call indecent towards their child.
Jul 5, 2010 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
It was okay ... character designs are ... okay ... don't really know what the plot is yet but that's OK too I guess. I'm guessing the guy is going to choose one girl at the end ...?
Don't really like that many of the voices. So far I like Agnes and the sisters. I'll give it a few more episodes
Jul 5, 2010 8:09 PM

May 2010
Tyrenol said:
Akihiro209 said:

It could've been worse. It always could've been worse. -_-;

Haha, I hear that.
Jul 6, 2010 1:01 AM

Jan 2008
It was pretty slow but it was just a 1st ep, so I think I'll continue watching this.
Jul 6, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
it was OK
Extreme moe faggotry, all the seiyuu are plain, and what with this sudden development? every girl seems to love the main character and his reaction is somewhat, so-so? is this even a first episode?
oh well, might give it another shot and I'm hoping there will be action scenes.
This is my signature. Can you believe it?
Jul 6, 2010 11:29 AM
Mar 2010
pretty boring
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shukufuku no Campanella Episode 6 Discussion

Hoppy - Aug 6, 2010

33 by Shuichi2 »»
Oct 23, 2018 12:01 PM

Poll: » Shukufuku no Campanella Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Sep 17, 2010

56 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 5, 2018 6:58 PM

Poll: » Shukufuku no Campanella Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 23, 2010

64 by nDroae »»
Apr 24, 2018 12:56 PM

Poll: » Shukufuku no Campanella Episode 11 Discussion

Hoppy - Sep 10, 2010

29 by AnimeLaver01 »»
Jun 5, 2014 8:11 AM

Poll: » Shukufuku no Campanella Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 16, 2010

53 by BladesOfTime »»
Sep 14, 2013 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.