Forum Settings
Forums

You girls consinder yourself girly or a tomboy?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 18, 2010 7:50 AM

May 2010
Tomboy? I don't know. Probably.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt D. Cobain
Jul 18, 2010 8:39 AM

Jul 2008
A weird mix.

When I was a kid, my family never catered to stereotypes. So when my dad would bring me presents from his business trips, one time he'd bring me a Barbie, another time a bitchin' remote control black Mercedes, and another time a Frankenstein plushie. Etc.

My cousin was like my brother growing up and I was just fine hanging out with his friends.

When I grew older is sort of fluctuated here and there. I don't like sports too much, but I like martial arts. I like video games and violent movies. That kinda thing.

Nowadays I love clothing more than ever before, because now it's actually possible for me to choose what I buy for myself. so sometimes I dress in a flower skirt with heels. Sometimes I wear a pleated skirt with converse shoes. Sometimes I prefer my jeans and a t-shirt. I like to wear make-up, but never overdone.

No matter what I wear though, I can safely say that I feel very comfortable in a group of guys. It doesn't feel like, "OMG! I am the only one with boobs at the table! I must be afraid/shy/they are worshipping me!" I'm just me and everyone is themselves and I feel great. And sometimes, I do feel like I have a lot more to talk about with males than females, just because I'm the most passionate about video games and movies and anime rather than fashion and some of the more stereotypically girly interests.

I hate pink electronics on principle. It seems to me what most electronics come in three colours: black, silver and pink. It's like, "Hey, we have to market this shit to women! Hey, I know! Let's make it pink! Women loooove pink!" That's why despite the fact that I hate Apple, I approve of the iPod Nano because of its awesome colour range.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Jul 18, 2010 8:46 AM

Oct 2007
I wear makeup and skirts sometimes, but the way I talk is rougher and I behave more like a guy in public, I guess. I also feel far more comfortable in men's clothes to women's, so I guess I'd have to say I'm more of a tomboy.
Jul 18, 2010 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
I hate pink. Therefore, I'm a tomboy.
Jul 18, 2010 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Tomboy without any effort. It comes across how I come across online, offline( as unless I make it clear what my sex is, 97% or so assume I am male), how I dress, my interests, and so on. I make more of an effort to look more like a girl in how I dress, or I don't go around in just T-shirts and baggy pants anymore. I like to look a little refined and I sometimes wear make up since it helps me look less like a slob, but I think it goes beyond looks.
Jul 18, 2010 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
I'm kind of contradicting myself by even posting in this thread, but why are there guys answering this question?
Jul 18, 2010 10:49 AM

Jun 2010
I wear make up on special ocasions only, but im obsessed with fashion and i love dresses, skirts, short shorts ,brand name jeans, PINK and i LOVE CUTE THINGS, so ill say 90% girlygirl 10% since i do like a few sports.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 18, 2010 11:00 AM

Sep 2009
I look the part. My hair is bobbed. The only makeup I use are concealers. Most of my pants are too big for me, ditto with my shirts--though I make a habit of never wearing a big shirt with baggy jeans. Most of my T-shirts are either band shirts, science shirts, or something camo. I will only wear Etnies skater shoes. My favorite bit of jewelry is a dog-tag.

I'm friends with a lot of girls, but we never seem to do or talk about girly things. The guys I am friends with don't treat me like a girl. We make immature jokes and awkward comments. When we aren't talking about anime, we're talking about video games or action movies or stage crew. I find myself punching people when they get on my nerves.

The thing is, I don't think I'm a tomboy. I'm not loud, nor intimidating, nor sporty. Sure, I love soccer and karate is a big part of my life, but I don't make a thing of it. In fact, even if I put anime aside, I'd STILL be an enormous nerd (I'm a science person). I'm not rowdy. I hate making a scene. I'm an appeaser by nature.

So I'd say I'm neither. I look the part, I speak the part, but I don't walk the part.
Jul 18, 2010 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
Neither.
Jul 18, 2010 12:42 PM

Dec 2009
Tachii said:
I'm kind of contradicting myself by even posting in this thread, but why are there guys answering this question?

They're channelling their inner Wo-man.

Jul 18, 2010 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not a total tomboy. I like dressing up, shopping, doing my hair. But I'm not girly in the way that I'm dramatic about everything.
Jul 18, 2010 4:55 PM

Nov 2007
In the middle, I like to wear make up, I wear dresses a lot and I shop a lot.
But at the same time, I'm pretty indecent when I talk and I play sports like rugby and hurling.
sad
Jul 18, 2010 5:02 PM

Oct 2009
I'm totally girly: love cute dresses, have 101 pair of cute shoes, hate doing my hair up but can't get out without doing so and have 1001 accessories!

Oh wait, I'm a guy; what does that make me?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
i am sexy girl
Jul 18, 2010 9:03 PM

May 2010
Hmm.. I guess.. a bit of both. I think.
Jul 18, 2010 10:33 PM

Jun 2010
I don't really look like it, but inside I'm pretty tomboy. I've always been like that, ever since I was born xD While my sister disguised as a princess I was a ninja, while she played Barbie I played Hot Wheels y'know? xD It never really changed, I don't use make-up, my hair is always or almost the same, I don't really wear jewelery neither, except earrings, I dislike wearing dresses or skirts... yeah. But nobody ever told me that i looked like a tomboy, cause well, even though I'm not a girly girl, I'm still girly enough to fool people hahaha
Jul 18, 2010 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
Usually I am more of a tomboy.

Although recently I have been watching all of this girly anime, so I am concerned I am changing...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 19, 2010 5:25 AM
Jun 2009
I think I'm both, though some people told me that I'm too girly, and some told me that I'm too tomboyish
Jul 19, 2010 5:32 AM

Jun 2008
unica said:
I hate pink. Therefore, I'm a tomboy.

trust me all guys like "pink"
Jul 21, 2010 12:25 AM
Nov 2009
I've actually been wondering recently :)

I love to do clothes, but only for dressing other people up in (see profile picture ^_^ ). I love to do my friends hair and dress her up, but I hate shopping for myself, and I'm not one to follow actual fashion trends.

I wear pretty things and have pretty accesories and am all pink and girlyfull, but I'm also likely to wear the pretties camping, on bush walks, climbing trees, and tromping around in the mud ^_^ I also side mostly with guys when it comes to common relationship issues, and seem to generally get along better with guys.

Not sure ^_^
Jul 21, 2010 1:08 AM

Jul 2009
Lilah said:
I've actually been wondering recently :)

I love to do clothes, but only for dressing other people up in (see profile picture ^_^ ). I love to do my friends hair and dress her up, but I hate shopping for myself, and I'm not one to follow actual fashion trends.

I wear pretty things and have pretty accesories and am all pink and girlyfull, but I'm also likely to wear the pretties camping, on bush walks, climbing trees, and tromping around in the mud ^_^ I also side mostly with guys when it comes to common relationship issues, and seem to generally get along better with guys.

Not sure ^_^

You're girly. Just look at your avatar and font colour. Not to mention your signature.

Jul 31, 2010 6:26 PM

May 2010
I'd say I'm halfway. Insert reason here.
Jul 31, 2010 8:17 PM

Jun 2010
I'm definitely a tomboy, but I do have my girly moments, even though they are scarce. :P
Jul 31, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
Enough with stereotypes. People wear and act the way they want. Don't put a label on it. I wear and act the way I want and not defined by a damn label.
Jul 31, 2010 8:26 PM

Dec 2009
I'd say I'm girly. I care about looking nice, but can't be bothered with makeup. Am considered cute. Will wear skirts when it's warm enough and not impractical for what I'm doing whilst wearing it. I don't bother much with my hair but I don't need to.

Generally, since I like video games, anime, computers and all that jazz, I end up hanging out with 90% boys and 10% girls, so all my girly aspects get emphasised because I'm one of the only girls.
Jul 31, 2010 8:29 PM

Dec 2009
Both but more girly than tomboy. Which is odd considering how much I love shounen and barely can stand shoujo.

Jul 31, 2010 8:41 PM

Oct 2009
tomboy I guess, hates make up and too much girly things.
Jul 31, 2010 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
I'm a bit of both. My favorite color is pink. I also love frilly things. I normally dress up in girly outfits, and have a tendency to collect shoes. However I also like mixed martial arts. Most of the time I don't wear makeup; I have nothing against makeup, I'm just too lazy to apply it every mourning.
Jul 31, 2010 9:09 PM

Jul 2008
Somewhere in the middle, probably. I'm bad at sports, obsessed with boys and I'm terrified of insects. And my favourite colour is pink. But my normal outfits are jeans and t-shirts, I don't wear makeup, and I listen to...non-girly music? Not sure how to put it.
Aug 1, 2010 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
I think I'm half half. I sometimes act really tomboyish but sometimes really girly
Aug 6, 2010 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
leopardskin said:
girly on the outside, tomboyish on the inside. .. with a hint of femininity, lost somewhere in there
Something like this.

Aug 6, 2010 12:26 PM
Oct 2009
I'm a light tomboy. I don't wear dresses or make up.
Aug 6, 2010 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
(im a guy)

unless i see that they've clearly marked themselves as a female in their profile i automatically assume they're a dude unless it has a picture of something like nanoha
Aug 6, 2010 12:36 PM
Jun 2010
papapapuffy said:
I'm a light tomboy. I don't wear dresses or make up.

Pretty much this. I don't like pink either though.
Aug 6, 2010 12:57 PM

May 2009
I can be girly or a tomboy, it depends on my mood.
Aug 6, 2010 1:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm a tomboy because I play sports, Pokemon, and I'm too lazy to dress like a girl at times
I'm girly because I gossip and talk about boys too often, and on occasions I like wearing dresses. I also fix my hair, WAY too much for my own good

OH SNAP, I DON'T FIT COMPLETELY INTO A LABEL.
Aug 6, 2010 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
Let's just say, I know when to wear the heels and I know when to get my hands dirty. Nuff said.
I'm a supergirl.
I know when to click to tough and rowdy and when to click to a lady.
I love the balance.

And fyi, I don't really understand some of the comments. Liking sports, and hating makeup doesn't make you a tomboy.
It just makes you a girl that likes sports and hates makeup -_-

girls come in all types. what about the girls that like punk rock and heavy metal but wear cat eye makeup, red lips with a pinup dress (rockabilly?) what do you call those? tomboyagirly? XD
Aug 6, 2010 5:32 PM

May 2010
Aeterna said:
A bit of both.

I wear make-up but minimally unless it's for a special occasion. I prefer pants over dresses/skirts but I don't dress like a guy, either. I was never good at sports but I know enough about the major ones to know what I'm talking about in a discussion or when watching. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty but there are certain things that gross me out (e.g. dead animals). I like shopping from time to time but when I do go, I'm quick about it and never dawdle or browse for a long time.

So yeah, judge for yourself.

Pretty much the same for me.
Aug 6, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2010
I act a lot like a guy but have the streak thats a sucker for cuteness. My taste in books/films/games/etc. tends to make people think I'm a bit of a tomboy. Then they have a converstion with me. They talk about the guns in MW2, I talk about how I like blowing shit up, and how awesome Ghosts skull balaclava is.

So umm.....a mix of both?
Aug 9, 2010 8:16 PM

Dec 2008
Middle, I guess? I don't think I'm particularly focused in either category.

I'm tomboyish because I prefer shorts and pants and get annoyed a lot wearing skirts, love loose clothing like t-shirts too, I like my hair cut nice and short, I don't wear make-up, I laugh with guys more than the girls bitching about them, I can be kind of demanding and pushy...

I'm girly because I like girly things, because of my occasional perky, high-pitched voice, like jewelry and wearing skirts and stuff only when I feel super special and feel like dressing up all pretty, I don't really care for sports...

I guess I lean more towards girly, but I think I'm kind of even.
Aug 9, 2010 10:40 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty much a Tomboy, I only wear make up and a dress for special events.

I play sports and fix cars. xD
Aug 9, 2010 10:56 PM

Sep 2007
I'm a beautiful woman trapped in a beautiful man's body. Does that count?
Aug 10, 2010 1:22 AM

Nov 2007
Embah said:
Somewhere in the middle, probably. I'm bad at sports, obsessed with boys and I'm terrified of insects. And my favourite colour is pink. But my normal outfits are jeans and t-shirts, I don't wear makeup, and I listen to...non-girly music? Not sure how to put it.

This, except for the fact that I'm not obsessed with boys, I've got better things to do as of now.
Aug 10, 2010 2:45 AM
Jul 2010
There is nu such term like "girl" in internet you homosexual boys!
Aug 10, 2010 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
I'm leaning more towards tomboy. I hate dresses, worn make up only twice in my entire life, pink is too bright and I don't swoon after hearing/seeing Edward Cullen (sorry girls, just not my type). :)))

Though cute things are adorable but video games are partially my way of life. Shoujo bores me and I avoid pink stuffed animals.
I can't believe neither my anime nor manga list is completely listed
Aug 10, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
I am a boy boy :D!!!
Aug 10, 2010 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
Tomboy, I guess. When I had shorter hair, I was often mistaken for a boy. I bet I sometimes still am...

I also have a very boy-ish attitude and approach to things.
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Aug 10, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
I would have to say both

I love getting dressed up, but i also love violent stuff
I only wear baggy stuff when i feel lazy, which is alot nowadays >.< (stupid summer)
Aug 10, 2010 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
Tomboy fo sho! i rather hang out with guys than girls. plus im just wayy more boyish than girl =/
Aug 10, 2010 2:55 PM

Sep 2009
Depends how I'm feeling :p
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» "VOTE FOR THE MOST/LEAST" FG USERS VERSION

ToastWithNutella - 1 hour ago

6 by ToastWithNutella »»
2 minutes ago

» MAL User Alphabet ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dawn - Sep 18, 2015

629 by ToastWithNutella »»
3 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7333 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
4 minutes ago

» Keep a Word, Drop a Word v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Feb 12

1288 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
5 minutes ago

» What's next to you? v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Dec 24, 2022

6390 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.