Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2011 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
Naruto

Apr 17, 2011 9:23 AM

Mar 2010
IS, I couldn't get passed 2 episodes, it was so boring.
¯l_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 17, 2011 10:46 AM
Nov 2009
Naruto - Decent manga, boring/tedious/slow anime.

Bleach - 'Eh' manga, boring/tedious/slow soap opera anime.

One Piece - Mixed on the manga, boring/tedious/slow anime - it also doesn't help that the art style is just 'ick' to me.

FMA - Still haven't read the manga, boring/tedious anime.

I'm usually not a fan of ANY series that goes over the 26/30 mark, but I'm even LESS of a fan of series that go over the 100 mark.

Never mind all those dang fillers.
May 9, 2011 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
deadman wonderland
May 9, 2011 5:26 PM

Sep 2009
Full metal alchemist

Fate/Stay night

Trigun

My neighbour totoro
May 10, 2011 12:25 AM

Feb 2011
Trigun for me!
May 10, 2011 4:57 AM

Mar 2011
Bleach…… The story keep going nowhere from main story. It was annoying when the main story is switch to short story when the show was in climax part…… Damm!!!! It spoils my mood to watch….
May 10, 2011 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Inuyasha
Naruto
May 10, 2011 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Nana
For me the story is boring
May 10, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
fantastic said:

Lengthy anime are generally terrible.

"It's popular so I hate it" is a far more accurate statement. If terribleness is a general quality of lengthy anime then common sense would dictate that those shows would have been cancelled long ago.
Anime_NameMay 10, 2011 8:16 AM

May 13, 2011 12:46 AM

May 2011
Vampire knight D=
I just hate it
May 13, 2011 1:15 AM

Sep 2010
Anime_Name said:
fantastic said:

"It's popular so I hate it" is a far more accurate statement. If terribleness is a general quality of lengthy anime then common sense would dictate that those shows would have been cancelled long ago.

more episodes = more fillers.
optimal lengths are 12-48 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2011 1:29 AM

Jun 2009
Leonard93 said:
Anime_Name said:
fantastic said:

Who's to say that filler is automatically a bad thing? I've seen series like One Piece, which has some reasonably entertaining and very short filler arcs, and Gintama, which it's filler episodes are arguably better than it's canon material.

Of course, you could always just skip the filler too...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2011 1:54 AM

Sep 2010
sometimes fillers can be okay, but usually its just random stuff going on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2011 2:42 AM

Mar 2010
Don't know why, but
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

May 13, 2011 4:46 AM

Nov 2010
One Piece, it's just too silly for me to like. A man who fights with a sword in his mouth, a pirate who stretches but cant swim, its just too silly for my taste.
In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool.
May 13, 2011 6:44 AM

Oct 2010
Naruto: At first I enjoyed it for a while, but then I got bored within the first hundred episodes. And for some reason they just don't feel like real 'ninjas' to me, from their get up and some of their fighting style.(I mean take Rock Lee or Guy Sensei for example.)

One Piece: Pirates are just not my thing, and it's poor quality art is a bit of a turn off. Though my friends love the manga version for it's plot, so maybe I'll switch to that.

And I just don't like mainstream anime in general such as.
Dragon Ball
Full Metal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Pokemon (Digimon ftw)
Any Yu-Gi-Oh series after GX.

Oh and 'After War Gundam X' was probably the LAST one of the gundam series that I enjoyed. I disliked all of them starting from the Turn A as I've grown tired of that same generic mecha design and weaponry(saber,rifle, vulcans, funnels).
May 13, 2011 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
Bleach, I watched it until episode 200 and i got suddenly bored then i dropped it
May 13, 2011 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
Lefake said:
Naruto: At first I enjoyed it for a while, but then I got bored within the first hundred episodes. And for some reason they just don't feel like real 'ninjas' to me, from their get up and some of their fighting style.(I mean take Rock Lee or Guy Sensei for example.)

They aren't real ninja. They are just embellishments and exaggerations for entertainment purposes, suspension of disbelief is an integral skill to master in order to enjoy most works of fiction.

One Piece: Pirates are just not my thing, and it's poor quality art is a bit of a turn off. Though my friends love the manga version for it's plot, so maybe I'll switch to that.

Poor quality art? OP is very consistent with the art style it uses and the animation is better than most weekly anime.

Oh and 'After War Gundam X' was probably the LAST one of the gundam series that I enjoyed. I disliked all of them starting from the Turn A as I've grown tired of that same generic mecha design and weaponry(saber,rifle, vulcans, funnels).

Goodluck finding a mech anime that's going to invent new ways of combat. I hear Asura Cryin's uses emotions and physic powers for mech fights, enjoy.

May 13, 2011 2:29 PM

Sep 2010
-Vid said:
Leonard93 said:
Anime_Name said:
fantastic said:

And you base this on the only longer anime you've seen - Naruto only? Sorry, that's quite a weak argument. :p You should form your own opinion instead of just repeating what others say.

It's just as silly as saying any 12 episodes anime lacks a serious storyline, is too rushed and lacks character development, etc etc, just because of, let's say, Angel Beats (which really was garbage). :)

even the shorter running animes that ive watched are getting lots of fillers (shakugan no shana), shorter running series have less fillers/more room for plot/development.

yes sometimes they wanna put too much in a 12 episode serie, which is not optimal, but long running animes usually get boring and fillerheavy just cause there is noting much left to do.

like naruto/dbz, all they do is fight, but then every arc has it own 'setting', which you call 'story' but actually its the same thing, but then with different enemies.
inbetween those arcs, lots of fillers.

those series would be way more fun to watch without fillers (thats why lots of people prefer manga's).
May 13, 2011 2:56 PM

Sep 2010
Leonard93 said:
Anime_Name said:
fantastic said:

There is nothing inherently wrong with filler. Sure some anime have bad filler but the idea itself depends on the implementation.

Optimal for who? The optimal number of episodes for an anime depends on the story created by the writer(for non-manga inspired anime) or the manga-ka. If a manga-ka wants to create a long story and is capable to doing so then that is optimal and if a broadcaster/production house wants to try to find a program that will fill a timeslot for a few years then that is optimal for them.

Generally speaking longer running series have more room for plot development then short series. More is a quantitative value, not quality.

like naruto/dbz, all they do is fight, but then every arc has it own 'setting', which you call 'story' but actually its the same thing, but then with different enemies.

Well that is what battle manga do - they fight, fight, and then fight some more. There is story and character development between the fighting sometimes even during. That is like faulting the 'story' in any Street Fighter game because FF series has more dialogue.

May 13, 2011 3:04 PM

Sep 2008
Toradora: revenge of the dramaqueens.
May 13, 2011 5:59 PM
May 2011
I'd have to say Naruto. Not because I'm jumping in the bandwagon, but because it's just really, really boring. Since the time-skip thing, the series has taken random turns and just focused mainly on becoming the next Dragonball.

Though I'm a fan of Bleach, for some reason I can't help but think these two series are in competition for that title. :/

May 13, 2011 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Naruto and Bleach.
May 13, 2011 8:06 PM

May 2011
id have to say death note. even though it was somewhat interesting, i just didnt like the insane thoughts of murder that Light had.
May 13, 2011 8:10 PM

Apr 2008
ano hana
May 13, 2011 8:27 PM

Apr 2011
Naruto and Bleach.
Naruto was good up till the time skip. after that, things just got stupid and i dropped it.
As for bleach, I ended up getting lost in the whole attack against Aizen, and i just gave up on it completely.
May 13, 2011 8:34 PM

Apr 2011
Shakugan no Shana and Elfen Lied. Just did not find them interesting enough.
May 13, 2011 8:49 PM
Apr 2011
This thread is full of hate =(

I like 95% of anime I watch, as long as there is a story to tell, then i'm all for it =)
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
May 13, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2011
I would have to say Naruto, did like it at first, but as time went on I just went off of it and now hate it with a vengeance. Think it was like after episode 50 that I couldn't stand it any more.

I am a thinker, always thinking... If I stop, then I may die of boredom!
Currently recruiting fellow nuts, to take over the world!
May 13, 2011 9:57 PM

Aug 2009
Clannad
Denpa Onna
Toradora
Oreimo
Nichijou
May 13, 2011 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
Wilio said:
K-ON!

I Agree.
May 13, 2011 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
FLCL

For the life of me, I don't understand the popularity. It lacked any type of structure, plot, or even point.

My friend tells me that those reasons are why it is so awesome, because of the randomness.

To each their own, I suppose.
May 14, 2011 6:46 AM
Dec 2009
i don't know why people dislike naruto cause its interesting...i dislike bleach and vampire knight(current manga)
May 14, 2011 7:21 AM

May 2009
I'm only up to episode 6 so far but I'm not loving Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
I really want to like it, but I'm just struggling to get into it.
Will soldier through to the end though, hopefully it will change my mind by then.
May 14, 2011 9:50 AM

Nov 2010
Higurashi no naku koro ni ....i find it utterly boring.
May 14, 2011 10:03 AM

May 2011
ya id have to agree with all the naruto haters on this forum, the only reason i finished the 1st series was because i thought shippuden would be better, but i was even dissapointed in that
May 14, 2011 11:56 AM
May 2011
Umm... Dragon ball
May 14, 2011 3:00 PM
Nov 2007
Erm Yugioh? lol
May 15, 2011 4:20 AM

Apr 2008
Ah so DISLIKE, not hate , well that makes it easier :

Suzumiya Haruhi (hmmm I might HATE This one though :p)
Elfen Lied , meh
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, meh, hard to watch with all the different story arcs with some being even kinda alike, feels like rewatching

Bleach, it's really just a children's show, and way more DB like than Naruto lol
May 15, 2011 8:12 AM

Oct 2010
Dragon ball Z
May 15, 2011 12:31 PM
Apr 2011
Naruto
May 15, 2011 11:20 PM

Jul 2009
Nooo! Why Hetalia! It's like history only funny! DX

But anyway, I hate:

FLCL (I've tried watching this like three different times because my friends keeps telling me it's good but I just don't like it)

Naruto (the manga was okay but the anime just takes too long and it's definitely not living up to all the hype)
May 15, 2011 11:35 PM

Apr 2011
Gotta go with Bleach. After episode 65 or something the story went into a random direction and I just dropped it.
May 16, 2011 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
HibikiTheMan said:
I would have to go with one piece never got into it

How is that dislike? I could name a lot of anime that I either watched a few or no episodes of and never got into but I don't dislike them because I am not actively watching them.

Whatever. Everything is a 10 to you anyway.

May 16, 2011 3:08 AM
May 2011
Naruto
bleach
school rumble
May 16, 2011 8:58 AM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
HibikiTheMan said:

How is that dislike? I could name a lot of anime that I either watched a few or no episodes of and never got into but I don't dislike them because I am not actively watching them.

Yay for skewed ratings!

Just because you didn't "get into it" doesn't really mean you don't like it...nor does finishing an anime warrant it getting a 10 XD
May 16, 2011 9:21 AM

Feb 2010
Jrittmayer said:
Anime_Name said:
HibikiTheMan said:

Yay for skewed ratings!

Just because you didn't "get into it" doesn't really mean you don't like it...nor does finishing an anime warrant it getting a 10 XD

*Looks at Hibiki's ratings.*

Holy **** on a stick.

Why do people put crap on sticks anyway.
May 16, 2011 9:28 AM

Nov 2010
Akito_Kinomoto said:

*Looks at Hibiki's ratings.*

Holy **** on a stick.

Why do people put crap on sticks anyway.

omg and i tough i was easy on giving 10 (alltough i rate on personal enjoyment and don't realy take away points when the art is difrent)
still don't know if i realy hate death note or just don't like it (hate is such a strong word)
May 16, 2011 10:22 AM

Apr 2011
Gintama

how the hell this crap become so popular?
ACE47May 16, 2011 12:18 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 53 minutes ago

11 by CheesyJen »»
1 minute ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

44 by -YaoiBoy- »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 44 minutes ago

3 by TeBaTe »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

32 by mentalmondai »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.