Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 3:28 AM

Jul 2011
Margarete wanted to be at odds with Kanon. But realized that they are in sync. And now she lives with Kanon.

I like Tomari.

Margarete blaming herself for not having the 10k viewers already, because last year LL, but I feel 10k is still a lot for a local festival audition.

Great song.
Oct 13, 3:51 AM

Feb 2020
Lol at Keke. She always make so cute and funny faces. I got a new pout face to my collection. :P Well, I totally understand how she felt about the whole situation. I can't blame her for being pouty.

Tomari is an interesting addition to the show. And wow! She's a very good dancer. I like her character. It was fun to see Natsumi's reactions when she introduced herself to everyone.

Nice character development for Margarete. She was finally able to talk about her true feelings. I'm happy for her.

Bubble Rise is a beautiful song.

SerafosOct 14, 9:48 AM
Oct 13, 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
AHHHH BUBBLE RISE IS SO GOOD. THEY ATE. Love love love everything about this episode idc what superstar haters wanna say this is peak idol stuff here. Phenomenal episode and this season looks outstanding from a visual standpoint too.

Finally we get to see a little of Margarete’s true self and despite that prickly exterior she’s just as vulnerable as anyone else. She’s the sort of person who doesn’t necessarily say how she’s feeling but if you pay attention you can see how much she respects and trusts Kanon and over the course of the ep we really saw her open up. She’s always been chasing her sister’s shadow, but you’ll never be able to be anyone else!

The performance at the end where she was finally honest about knowing she rubbed people the wrong way and just let all her defenses down for a bit was so sweet. Kanon and Tomari grabbing her hand gave her the strength she needed to keep going forward ❤️

Tomari was amazing too. It’s interesting learning about her rivalry with Natsumi. Pretty funny that sibling rivalry is at the core of this new idol group that Kanon’s formed. Margarete with her sister and Tomari with Natsumi!

Kanon has had such a big impact on Margarete already and now they’re living together they’re gonna grow even closer but I’m kinda worried about Tomari, she’s even more profit driven than Natsumi lmao.
Marinate1016Oct 13, 2:17 PM
Oct 13, 4:00 PM
May 2024
Although we still don't know whether they managed to qualify as guest stars or not, at least Margarette has given her best performance. Kanon's presence also has a big impact on Margarete which makes her more open and more honest with herself

On the other hand, Tomari also seems to have the same dancing talent as Chisato, although we still don't know whether after this they will join Liella or not, I think Kanon's group will probably beat Liella, although I don't think it will happen on the Love Live stage. After that, it is likely that the three of them will join Liella

What makes me a little curious is what group name Kanon, Margarete, and Tomori will use
Oct 13, 11:32 PM
Dec 2013
I'm so satisfied with explanation of Margarette and Tomari character throughout this episode.
Oct 14, 12:24 AM
May 2022
I really don’t get this plot; so Kanon turns her back on Liella to team up with the narcissist and the annoying little sister and she doesn’t even get to be the center. She should’ve just left her to her own devices, she would’ve imploded all on her own and likely gotten herself punched. And I really don’t get how Liella (and the audience) are on board with this turn of events. They’d all grow more as a 12 member unit of Liella but honestly I’d struggle to be able to trust Kanon again
Oct 14, 2:13 AM
Sep 2022
BubbleRiseがマルガレーテちゃんぽい!

とまりが喋っている!

トマカノテ最高!

次回お楽しみに
Oct 14, 2:18 AM

Mar 2021
Keke's reactions are always priceless especially that cute pout of hers. Really liking Tomari so far she already seems like an amazing dancer.
Oct 14, 5:04 PM
Oct 2017
Annoying that Crunchyroll releases this a day late and it's at night
Oct 14, 9:28 PM
Feb 2023
bubble rise sounds nice, and the outfits looked so good it might be one of my favourites

margarete and tomari are characters who are unique to the franchise in their values, priorities, and demeanors and its a nice change of pace in the franchise, despite my initial skepticisms of their additions to the main cast

the episode feels so fast-paced and I assume the rest of the season will follow suit. I actually do like this for love live - the last time i rewatched sunshine, I found myself skipping through a lot of it tbh lol.

i'm a bit worried that the rest of the season becomes kanon enlightens everyone again but hopefully not! also i want shiki to just pull out a comically large gadget one of these episodes lol
Oct 15, 5:19 AM
Feb 2019
Natsumi's sudden self awareness is kinda weird. Her character seems completely different now.
トマカノーテ sound great. Also, I love Tomari
Oct 15, 5:34 AM

May 2016
The dance sequence seems in 2D, can anyone confirm if it's CGI or not?
Because if it's CGI than it's absurdly good.
Oct 15, 5:35 AM

Feb 2023
I really like Tomari.
She's excentric, only caring about efficiency, but she gets away with it simply by knowing what to focus on and by having the competency to back it up. 😎 It's also a nice motivation to join Kanon and Margarete just to understand something her older sister is doing. She's confident, but she's not affraid to search out new experiences.
What I don't really like is the framing of her being worse than Natsumi (when it comes to money). I'm a bit affraid she's going to steal too much of Natsumi's identity.
Oct 15, 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
I really don't like Tomari so far, at all. She's not as annoying as her sister, but she is annoying in very different ways to her sister. She's basically a Mary Sue, immediately being super competent in all facets of being an idol without having to put in any of the work that we spent half of season 2 watching the now-second years put in to get to the same point.

It's just rushed, lazy writing that makes it feel like the writers just want to speed onto the next plot point. And the same applies to Margarete's rapid and entirely predictable shift in personality to the tsundere of the group.

So yeah, I'm still really not liking this season of Superstar at all and I'm not convinced that's got much chance of changing until the show moves away from forcing Margarete down my throat: at least next episode looks like it's gonna be a Shiki episode from the preview, so that hopefully gets me back on board a bit.
Oct 15, 8:58 AM
May 2011
Kudos to the writer for acknowledging that Margarete would be agaisnt Kanon joining. I appreciate the consistency so much, that I'm willing to overlook the stupid loophole exploited in order to immediately move the plot along. Solid episode all around. Still not a fan of Margarete, but it's a good first step to making her tolerable. Apologies to people who appreciate her as a real, antagonistic idol villain, but that version of Margarete is not long for this world. Tomari...I like. She feels like if you took Shiki's stoic personality and combined it with Natsumi love of money.
Fail_Man_XOct 15, 9:02 AM
Oct 15, 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
watchin sunrise does little dead goat girls for yet another time is like seeing your old college professor lying in coma shitting him/herself, wish ll never happened oh dear
Oct 16, 3:19 AM

Feb 2016
"I did upset people in a place where they just wanted to smile. Of course they'd hate me. That means that there are people who are annoyed just by seeing my face."
By far the coldest thing a Love Live character has ever said, that was amazing honestly, made me immediately begin to like Margarete.

Tomari is funny in a weird way, I thought she was going to be an angry and hateful bitch like the one Margarete tries so hard to be lol

Isn't it fucking stupid that the school had so many new students thanks to the idol group yet no one is interested in joining it? The same shit happens in every damn Love Live generation, is really dumb.

Oh, and Kanon's parents sleep in different rooms, that's info no one asked, and it's sad lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 16, 6:33 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wasn’t expecting the new girl, Tomari, to be Natsumi’s sister, I haven’t really looked at her name before this so I didn’t realize, and if she’s related to Natsumi then you know she’s a bit of a nut lol, and that is indeed the case because she’s very focused on making a profit from her school idol efforts and sees anything that doesn’t turn a profit as a waste of time, I respect the want to earn money and all but she’s a bit too fixated on it lol, there’s different kinds of value than just the money to be made. And Tomari is also just great at idol dance choreography already, not to mention her signing later on, so I guess they don’t really have to waste time training her from the ground up but it does seem a bit too convenient, but she’s funny so I’ll let it slide lol.

And I also didn’t think about where Margarete would be staying at, being under the same roof with Kanon makes sense tho, now let the yuri fantasies commence lol, and these two already seem tight, they’ve had a few squabbles but after Margarete shared why she came to love music they’re already looking like best friends, especially near the end when Kanon brought Margarete’s mojo back before their performance. And although we got there kinda quick, that was a top notch first performance of the season, the song was so good, one of my favorite things about a new Love Live anime is that it’s essentially also a new album of great music lol, and the performance itself was beautiful, loved the outfits and I’m already loving these three as a group, idk how long it’ll be before they inevitably join back with Liella but I’m really enjoying them as a trio while we have it.
Oct 16, 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
Lol, and here comes Tomari to steal the little identity Natsumi's character had.

Overall, better than the first episode. Margarete got some character development for once and the song her unit sang wasn't so bad either.
Oct 17, 7:35 PM

Mar 2017
Forgor my initial thoughts on the episode, but commenting still to say that Bubble Rise is really good. Don't know if I'll keep listening to it once the season ends, as its not usually my kind of genre, but Saku's voice really shines on this particular song and its part of what draws me to it.

Anyway, seems like we're getting a ShikiMei duet next week.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 18, 6:09 PM
Nov 2019
Wonderful song at the end of the episode 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Oct 19, 2:10 AM
Feb 2023
Literally amazing!! Im so happy love live is back!!!
3 hours ago

Jun 2021
wow, this was such a improvement over the previous episode. i've been laughing hard at Wien editing the flyer on the spot just to exclude Liella members (current or former) at all costs (and discovering later she suddenly turned out to be staying at her house on semi-permanent basis wasn't that different), and then Natsumi's sister comes out of nowhere and immediately shows of something just runs in the family. It was also realistic how not the entirety of Liella was ok with all this weird situation, and unsurprisingly Keke was the most vocal of it (thank you, for once, no real bickering this time with Sumire). Appreciated that according to live streaming some people wasn't exactly enthusiast to see Wien again after her season 2 poor attitude, but the song was cool and this is still a forgiving anime world.

It was nice to see Kokono, Nanami and Yae again, and i already forgot that Romi Park is the principal's voice and Kanon's mom "is" also Yakumo Tsukamoto.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Yesterday

8 by Reecey91 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 6

57 by povsuduvolosy »»
Oct 15, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live Superstar Hype

CrazyButNot4U - Oct 11, 2022

38 by KikatoRyuui »»
Oct 12, 2:15 PM

» Season 3 announced in 2024 !!!

Draylord - Sep 10, 2023

5 by renz1992 »»
Oct 6, 12:33 AM

» New Member ?!

mayudhwuh - May 1, 2023

4 by Serafos »»
Aug 29, 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.