Forum Settings
Forums
New
2 hours ago
Sep 2016
This post contains spoilers up to chapter 130 at least, im sorry I don't know how to activate spoiler tags

When people are talking about Primordial fears, they are most commonly speaking about the fear of Death, Darkness, Falling (which i personally still dont understand, why early humans were more frightened of falling than drowing or why drowing is not considered a primordial fear but thats for a differentthread to discuss), the fear of Predators and the fear of Isolation/Extinction. I repeat: the fear of isolation is also called the fear of extinction often.
I think many of you can probably guess where I am going with that.
I think pochita/black chainsaw man could easily be the fear of extinction.
Since that's what pochita does, pochita kills a devil, it will be gone.
Obviously he kinda fits the fear of Predators too, like every devil kinda from human perspective at least. So I don't know if and how fujimoto would implement the fear of Predators.
The question I have then, if my theory were to be true and pochita is indeed a Primordial fear, why is pochita so weak even in black chainsawman form and why does pochita have chainsaws at all. Pochita is most definitely not the chainsaw devil.
My first personal theory was that pochita is some kind of anti devil and here to help humans, but I couldn't really come to a conclusion with that, so when i was thinking about the fear of drowing, i stumbled about a couple articles that mentioned the fear of isolation, as the fear of extinction and thought well, thats exactly what pochita does. Pochira literally will make Devils go extinct.
I never opened up a discussion in a forum or something myself, i hope this one is not too bad. I would love to hear more theories about the Primordial Devils and pochita.
FinnMertens2 hours ago

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 30, 2020

76 by AnimeNerd99 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Sep 17, 2020

89 by AnimeNerd99 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuma - Aug 21, 2020

162 by AnimeNerd99 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kuma - Jul 31, 2020

132 by AnimeNerd99 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 78 Discussion

Kuma - Jul 17, 2020

36 by AnimeNerd99 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.