Forum Settings
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2010 5:55 AM

Jul 2007
Nagashi said:
First things first, why is everyone keep saying "Kishi h8s womiin" or something? Did any of you females feel offended by this chapter? It was a fine chapter, i enjoyed it mor than the previous ones which felt rly half-assed. Narutos' father is prolly the best character in the series :p imo. I hope the next chapters which are the most crucial in this arc wont be full of fail altho its very obvious what is going to happen.

P.S. Wtf is up with the fox?? On those last chapters she/he looks so fucking retarded. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed it?

Ok~ let's review females and their roles in Naruto~

Sakura - Boy who is stuck on the same "bawww sauce" mode for all eternity and did not develop through the timeskips.

Ino - Looks like a man and gets into trouble

TenTen - who?

Tsunade - George W Bush who spends half of his screentime in coma and gets beaten by everyone, while feeling useless.

Temari - humble waifu in background.

Hinata - gets two pages of screentime and gets beaten in them. Is forgotten afterwards.

Konan - Makes tea while Pain is fighting.

Mizukage - yay~ she spits acid and is useless yet again~

ANd now lets add to that:

Kushina - Apparently all she ever did was to get kidnapped by someone who wanted to use her and baaah male warriors go to save her.

Naruto females have no personality.

Everyone either is complete yamato nadeshiko or tsundere...either way completely useless and rediced to waifu roles.
AhenshihaelJun 11, 2010 5:58 AM
Jun 11, 2010 6:04 AM

Jul 2009
Fai said:
Nagashi said:
First things first, why is everyone keep saying "Kishi h8s womiin" or something? Did any of you females feel offended by this chapter? It was a fine chapter, i enjoyed it mor than the previous ones which felt rly half-assed. Narutos' father is prolly the best character in the series :p imo. I hope the next chapters which are the most crucial in this arc wont be full of fail altho its very obvious what is going to happen.

P.S. Wtf is up with the fox?? On those last chapters she/he looks so fucking retarded. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed it?

Ok~ let's review females and their roles in Naruto~

Sakura - Boy who is stuck on the same "bawww sauce" mode for all eternity and did not develop through the timeskips.

Ino - Looks like a man and gets into trouble

TenTen - who?

Tsunade - George W Bush who spends half of his screentime in coma and gets beaten by everyone, while feeling useless.

Temari - humble waifu in background.

Hinata - gets two pages of screentime and gets beaten in them. Is forgotten afterwards.

Konan - Makes tea while Pain is fighting.

Mizukage - yay~ she spits acid and is useless yet again~

ANd now lets add to that:

Kushina - Apparently all she ever did was to get kidnapped by someone who wanted to use her and baaah male warriors go to save her.

Naruto females have no personality.

Everyone either is complete yamato nadeshiko or tsundere...either way completely useless and rediced to waifu roles.

Kishi is too busy thinking how Sauce will reap Itachi's powers,just you wait *facepalm*
Jun 11, 2010 6:34 AM

Dec 2007
I agree with Fai in most of what he said.I have been complaining for a while about how women are usually portrayed as "the weak thing a man must protect" in almost every manga. I blame Japan's male chauvinist culture for that.

Anyway, except for the fact that the whole talk takes place while the Kyubi was trying to take over Naruto and that he did not ask things like "What the hell where you thinking when you sealed such an evil being inside me?" or "Why did you leave me all alone in a village full of people who hated me because of what you two did to me?", this chapter was pretty funny. Naruto really does resemble her mother a lot XD
Jun 11, 2010 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
yo in the latest chapter it was said that kushina has unique powers so could that mean that naruto has a blood line limit too?
Jun 11, 2010 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
Wow..now this was a really great chapter, Naruto spending time with the mother he never knew.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 11, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
no way thats his mom shes too young she rlly has his personality though
and i wonder if naruto does have a bloodline limit as well.

Jun 11, 2010 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
What a cute chap ^^ Soo Naruto's orange suit make more sense now ^^
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Jun 11, 2010 11:51 AM

Feb 2008
well this was pretty much what i thought it would be. her presence turned out to be what i thought too so nothing surprising about this chapter. now that they got this out of the way, lets move on.

on a side note, freakin bleach is pretty much on the same plot line.
Jun 11, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
It did seem pretty retarded to have this in the middle of everything, and I didn't really care to learn how his mum and dad fell in love...
Jun 11, 2010 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
Such a heartwarming chapter. And oddly enough it didn't bore me that it was in the middle of the fight between nine-tails. Oddly enough...

Fai said:
considering she is female and this is Kishimoto, it msot likely went down like this:

Minato was fighting and Kyuubi accidentally landed on the house where Kushina was cooking meal and doing laundry..........

Win

Jun 11, 2010 1:30 PM
Dec 2007
i really liked that chapter...and the mom was just what i was expecting! such a pleasant surprise!!!!!
Jun 11, 2010 3:30 PM
Nov 2009
Good chapter =).
Jun 11, 2010 3:48 PM
May 2010
This chapter was okaayyyy... until you compare it to any other manga series other than bleach. Compared to the FMA chapter, this was laammme..

I was anticipating a fight between naruto and teh kyuubi, but DEN Naruto's mom pops up in the middle of the fight and i was like >.< lol, wtf.

Horrible timing, and the whole back story thing wasn't very original. The same thing again about the student aspiring to be the hokage. This is starting to sound alot like a repeat of Naruto, Gaara and Bee-San's backgrounds, which honestly weren't that great. Its like they were just sitting around having a cup of tea and just talking while the kyuubi was pinned down by Kushina, who is supposed to be dead... -.-

0/5, naruto has had much better weeks
DiolotusJun 11, 2010 3:52 PM
Jun 11, 2010 5:34 PM

Mar 2010
blopa said:
I agree with Fai in most of what he said.I have been complaining for a while about how women are usually portrayed as "the weak thing a man must protect" in almost every manga. I blame Japan's male chauvinist culture for that.

Anyway, except for the fact that the whole talk takes place while the Kyubi was trying to take over Naruto and that he did not ask things like "What the hell where you thinking when you sealed such an evil being inside me?" or "Why did you leave me all alone in a village full of people who hated me because of what you two did to me?", this chapter was pretty funny. Naruto really does resemble her mother a lot XD

Yea, why can't there be someone like Erza from Fairy Tail but don't forget Kushina did restrain the Kyuubi effortlessly
Fai said:
considering she is female and this is Kishimoto, it msot likely went down like this:

Minato was fighting and Kyuubi accidentally landed on the house where Kushina was cooking meal and doing laundry..........

Or recovering from childbirth and Kyuubi caused a random tree fly and destroy the hosptial room just minutes after Minato took Naruto.
KantonKageXJun 12, 2010 6:20 PM
Jun 11, 2010 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
nice seeing a little bit of the past of naruto's mother finally, though i wonder what the special chakra is?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 11, 2010 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
Lucjan said:
Voted 2/5 on poll because I wants to see RED RASENGAN! Umm, I had the distinct feeling when Naruto called his mother a babe that we'd get some incest action. Still not giving up on that possibility, I mean, cause it's Kishimoto.

Just wait a little. Doujins are made as we speak.

Seriously though, why is everyone so shocked for the babe comment? People are annoyingly prudent or too dirty minded. That's why in todays society you can't even speak to a child.

I enjoyed the back story and i don't really care about the Kuybi much. His gonna win it anyway.
Jun 11, 2010 11:27 PM

Dec 2008
So now we know why Naruto is such a goof off and not cool like his father. Kind of a silly flashback chapter while TRYING TO TAME THE KYUBI! :P But still, I found it interesting.
Jun 12, 2010 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
I was hoping one of Narutos parents were still alive, which would start up at least a decent arc.
Jun 12, 2010 1:34 AM

May 2009
It's been a while since I've liked a Naruto chapter. I haven't been into it since the whole Sakura was going to try and kill Sasuke stuff.

Anywho, I really really liked this chapter. At least we got some background info on his mother. I'd been wondering about her since the series started. Since she's so young looking...I'm going to assume she's dead somehow...
Jun 12, 2010 2:27 AM

May 2008
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/498/09/

Look at naruto's face in the last panel. That's one of the ugliest faces i've ever seen
Jun 12, 2010 3:26 AM
May 2009
This is an awesome chapter. Minato look awesome as a kid!
Jun 12, 2010 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
Well atleast they've told Naruto's mom past, and I was so happy for Naruto also seeing both his parents atlast
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
And this chapter could be so good! They just had to ruin it with Naruto's constant idiocy and Kushina's "verbal ticks" which - of course - Naruto inherited, despite never knowing his mother and growing up alone. It's perfectly understandable for an orphan to "inherit" verbal sayings from his mother who died after childbirth. <sigh> Why do I even bother?
Jun 12, 2010 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
It wasn't that bad... I've realized Fai has an a default ill will for Naruto, and so he fuels and gives ideas to dislike Naruto... I'll choose to ignore them all today 'cause I found the chapter different and maybe it's a carbon copy of the last time Naruto had probblems with the Kyuubi, aka the Pain Training Arc... But really this one was much better since we know know a little bit more of the past and about her mom

Yesh she might have been useless as every female of the series, but seriously at least explained a little bit of how was she so then... And how come she fell in love with Minato... just as someone else said, I never expected the love story now.. But it was cute

It's true NAruto calling her own mom a Hottie/Babe is weird, sometimes people do that... I sometimes spout that kind of nonsense to my mom 'cause she is! And Kushina was really hawt and cute! And she does resembles Sakura... even her younger clothes... Yet I'm sure she's not like Sakura... Naruto is like Kushina... Hmmm I see... It's really interesting... Maybe the fact he's so like her mom is good so that means her memory keeps on living... But how come such thing can be explained? How did it happen? Well it's all about genetics, believe it or not we somehow can manage to inherit a similar personality of your parents... That'd be the explanation why Naruto is so like Kushina.. I know there are other factors that might change it, but Genetics can explain that so I'm not so uncomfortable with that

The problem here is when this happened... But it's understandable since this needed to happen just for the sake of controlling the crazy Kyuubi... I hope this gets solved soon..

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2010 7:41 PM

Oct 2009
ex0 said:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/498/09/

Look at naruto's face in the last panel. That's one of the ugliest faces i've ever seen

LOL.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/06/ vs. http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/498/04/ o_O...
Jun 12, 2010 9:58 PM

Sep 2009
Jun 12, 2010 10:34 PM

Sep 2009
i am of the opinion that Kishimoto is milking Naruto as much as he can right now =.=

Jun 13, 2010 1:38 AM
Jul 2009
Help please!

Okay, so far i have watched all the anime eps, but i am not following the manga. Does this chapter have any anime spoilers... cause i really want to read it.
But if it has spoilers other than about his mother... i shouldn't.

Please reply and tell me.
Please don't tell me what the spoilers are, if their is any.
Jun 13, 2010 9:24 AM

Sep 2009
bella_bambina249 said:
Help please!

Okay, so far i have watched all the anime eps, but i am not following the manga. Does this chapter have any anime spoilers... cause i really want to read it.
But if it has spoilers other than about his mother... i shouldn't.

Please reply and tell me.
Please don't tell me what the spoilers are, if their is any.

Yes, there are.
Jun 13, 2010 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this chapter a lot. For once it had the right facial expressions at the right time, which made this chapter so much better than the others recently.
...If you're looking for a clever and witty signature you've come to the wrong place.
Jun 13, 2010 1:50 PM

Sep 2009
That was great.

I know some people are complaining that this is happening at the wrong time but it makes sense to me.

Think about it. The 1st time Naruto met his father was when he was nearly transformed into the 9-tails in the pain fight, but he stopped him and talked him out of it.

Now the mother has come to help along another struggle in his life.

Not only that, but we got character development!

I loved the backstory. Just makes me sad knowing that they are already dead...sigh...

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Jun 13, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
Actually thought at first that Narutos mother was a illusion created by Nine Tails. And that hadn't been that bad. But as always, it turns out bad.

So in the middle of getting his chakra sucked out and be controlled by Nine Tails he takes a little break to speak to his mother. Yeah thats completly logical... And for the love of god, in the middle of battle, who the fucks asks his mother how she fell in love with his father? Seriously, come on!!

I hate myself for reading Naruto nowadays.
In nomine Patri. Et Fili. Spiritus Sancti.
Jun 13, 2010 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
You know what, I liked this chapter. It gave me the info I wanted without dragging it out 3 or 4 chapters.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 14, 2010 5:26 PM

Feb 2009
She's pretty.

And regardless of how random Naruto is seemingly able to pull out his parents from his ass, the story about how the Hanabero and Yellow Flash got together was awesome.

I really am urging for a fanart of Tsunade and Kushina together now, lol.

I wonder what the Kyuubi was doing...the talk was really misplaced...

Jun 16, 2010 5:30 PM

May 2010
i liked the i love you part, it was good
Jun 17, 2010 5:07 PM

Apr 2009
Lol:
1. OF COURSE another female ninja has to have been rescued by a big cool guy. But that's...understandable. It's Kishi.
2. They talk...like...when? WHEN THE KYUBI IS TRYING TO TAKE CONTROL OF NARUTO? Okay, I get it, the chains are holding him. But why won't you finish this first, then have a tearful reunion? x__X
3. ...I actually like Naruto xD He's kinda funny. He's annoyed me for almost 500 chapters, but somehow I ended up liking him. Oh well.
Confucius said:
Why is it that her hair is so long? I think Naruto should have ask that

AT TRUTH'S KYUBI'S GATE YOUR BODY STILL CHANGES.
Okay, yes, no more FMA for me. But I couldn't resist.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
I really liked this chapter.. <3 Naruto's mom! lol.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Oct 11, 2011 5:55 AM

Apr 2010
Naruto's mother is really beautiful, nuff said.
Aug 9, 2018 5:23 AM

Feb 2013
What a beautiful story, I love Kushina and Minato.
Apr 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Jan 2020
aww their relationship is really cute.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.