Forum Settings
Forums

Dragon Quest 3 hd removes puff puff encounter and sex options from text.

New
Jul 12, 2:42 PM

Sep 2018
So recently DQ3 hd had news that a scene was removed that depicts the akira toriyama staple puff puff event. Also sex language will be removed as it originally determined job classes.

Sweet baby also is likely detected for the game.
Kind of a shame as a puff puff enthusiast.
Jul 13, 3:21 AM

Feb 2024
That's sad news. I can't defeat Zoma without a Puff-Puff event.
Jul 13, 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
Speaking about this game, I heard rumors that genders will be also removed from that game. Instead of Male/Female there are to be, according to said rumors, Type A/Type B looks or something.

Too bad that iconic "pafu pafu" aka "puff puff" thing will be no more, but if the rumor I mentioned earlier is proven as real, then woah. I'm afraid to think what's gonna be "modified" next in this franchise.
Jul 13, 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
I'm not even surprised anymore. Anyone who says there's no agenda against Asian games is kidding themselves when it comes to hypocritical censorship.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 13, 1:14 PM

Feb 2010
Oh no! The puff puff scene is legendary!

Well, I hope they don't also censor this cool religious symbol (screenshot from my playthrough of the SNES version 🙂). I heard it means "good luck!" 😁

Jul 15, 12:53 PM

Jan 2018
and someone will defend censorship because it's not their company that's losing money.
Jul 15, 5:08 PM

Oct 2022
Historians will look back at us and will ask: Did someone put something in the water or were the 4/5G towers really toxic?

The worse is that they just try to appeal to people that will not buy their games, then they will flop and will blame gamers as a whole

I hate it here
Jul 16, 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to KenaiPhoenix
Historians will look back at us and will ask: Did someone put something in the water or were the 4/5G towers really toxic?

The worse is that they just try to appeal to people that will not buy their games, then they will flop and will blame gamers as a whole

I hate it here
KenaiPhoenix said:
That's what is probably gonna happen, unfortunately. I can already see gamers who politely, but firmly are against such changes are called as -phobes and -ists.
Jul 16, 8:05 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to KenaiPhoenix

I hate it here
KenaiPhoenix said:

People said the same about Pokemon yet it still sold like hotcakes. Dragon Quest isn't any more likely to fail.
その目だれの目?
Jul 16, 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Lucifrost
KenaiPhoenix said:

People said the same about Pokemon yet it still sold like hotcakes. Dragon Quest isn't any more likely to fail.
@Lucifrost Were there any controversial changes done to the Pokémon games? I don't track this franchise that much these days, so I dunno what stuff were considered as hot topics in this regard in the recent years.
Jul 17, 7:44 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Adnash
@Lucifrost Were there any controversial changes done to the Pokémon games? I don't track this franchise that much these days, so I dunno what stuff were considered as hot topics in this regard in the recent years.
@Adnash the Switch games removed the National Dex and a lot of people are upset that they look bad.

Ultimately though, the people who care so much about implied sex in an NES game or the words "man" and "woman" appearing for gender selection (Because the appearances are still masculine and feminine) are really the ones who are unlikely to have bought the game in the first place.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jul 17, 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
Dont see some hard evidence on this, but them literally going out their way to change male and female options to "Body type A and B" is....suspect to say the least...
Jul 18, 6:13 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Lucifrost
KenaiPhoenix said:

@Lucifrost

I cant see the future, and it has its people that will buy it regardless, but the thing is that Dragon Quest fans are also hardcore, they really love this game.

Also, comparing it to Pokemon is kind of unfair, Pokemon is a worldwide mass phenomenon. Not too long ago they had half of the population walk playing videogames on their phone. And the hardcore Pokemon fans? They are even worse than CoD fan, they will not only complain (rightfully) that the unfinished product of year 2024 is mess, they will buy it twice, they really just cant control themselves
Jul 18, 7:33 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to KenaiPhoenix
@Lucifrost

I cant see the future, and it has its people that will buy it regardless, but the thing is that Dragon Quest fans are also hardcore, they really love this game.

Also, comparing it to Pokemon is kind of unfair, Pokemon is a worldwide mass phenomenon. Not too long ago they had half of the population walk playing videogames on their phone. And the hardcore Pokemon fans? They are even worse than CoD fan, they will not only complain (rightfully) that the unfinished product of year 2024 is mess, they will buy it twice, they really just cant control themselves
KenaiPhoenix said:

Also, comparing it to Pokemon is kind of unfair

I compared it to Pokemon because both franchises are also known for their casual appeal. Casual fans are unlikely to notice the changes made to Dragon Quest 3.
その目だれの目?
Jul 18, 9:18 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Lucifrost
KenaiPhoenix said:

Also, comparing it to Pokemon is kind of unfair

I compared it to Pokemon because both franchises are also known for their casual appeal. Casual fans are unlikely to notice the changes made to Dragon Quest 3.
@Lucifrost you can’t possibly be trying to say that Pokemon is as popular as Dragon Quest. I’m not saying the games are good or bad, but if you say Picachu even people that have never touched a controller will know what are you talking about. It is not the same for Dragon Quest

And I really think this remake is more aimed at old fans, the ones that will notice these changes
Jul 19, 12:07 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to KenaiPhoenix
@Lucifrost you can’t possibly be trying to say that Pokemon is as popular as Dragon Quest. I’m not saying the games are good or bad, but if you say Picachu even people that have never touched a controller will know what are you talking about. It is not the same for Dragon Quest

And I really think this remake is more aimed at old fans, the ones that will notice these changes
KenaiPhoenix said:
if you say Picachu even people that have never touched a controller will know what are you talking about. It is not the same for Dragon Quest

What you say about pikachu is in fact true for Dragon Quest in Japan.
その目だれの目?
Jul 19, 11:50 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Lucifrost
KenaiPhoenix said:
if you say Picachu even people that have never touched a controller will know what are you talking about. It is not the same for Dragon Quest

What you say about pikachu is in fact true for Dragon Quest in Japan.
@Lucifrost

yeah, but Japan is kind of a small island compared to the rest of the world. In fact I consider japanese fans one of the group that will see this as flaw in the remake
Aug 6, 3:41 AM

Feb 2024

It seems that the episode of Ortega will be added.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3696 by bs0deth »»
2 hours ago

» Who's hyped for Guilty gear strive switch edition?

ZoeyBito - 4 hours ago

0 by ZoeyBito »»
4 hours ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

23 by yuuito »»
8 hours ago

» Japanese games vs. American games

coolyfruity - Aug 28

15 by MasterGlyth »»
Yesterday, 3:28 PM

» You as a Gamer and Parent/Uncle/Aunt, What Games You Recommend for the Kids?

ArabianLuffy - Aug 19

21 by tinshard »»
Yesterday, 11:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.