Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 8, 4:23 PM

Apr 2015
Im not one to complain about acting if its largely serviceable. And Im sure many will disagree as well when i say that this Godzilla Minus One is fairly mediocre. "Did we watch the same movie?" "I actually have taste".

Regardless of all that the factor for me i cannot get over is how over exaggerated and somehow weirdly anime-esque this movies acting was. And this is not an insult to anime itself but in my view this acting only really works in the medium as it can stylistically change and adapt to fit the view of the animator. But when you have a main character played by Ryunosuke Kamiki, screaming his frustrations akin to Erin Yaeger in what is supposed to be a movie about the horrors of this time period, i honestly felt like it could've been one of the worst performances ive seen from any major release. Japan is capable of portraying realism in acting with Koreeda and many more. I dont think it would be fair of me to expect nuance to that extend but what i got is the complete opposite side of that spectrum. Yall probably disagree, feels good to get off my chest though.
Jul 10, 1:04 AM

Jun 2016
There's a guy on 4chan who makes a thread called "Anine ruined Japanese acting" almost every day. People usually make fun of it but I tend to agree with certain examples that are posted there. I haven't seen Godzilla Minus One though so I can't confirm if it's as bad as the examples posted there.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 11, 1:49 PM

Jul 2021
It's kind of a standard Japanese film, acting included, if anything the CGI is unusually good.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 12, 2:59 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I haven't seen Minus One yet, but I've never gone into a Godzilla film expecting good acting. I went in with the intent to see cool monsters fighting on the screen.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jul 16, 1:34 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Only got 20 minutes into it and I don't think there's bad/"animu" acting so far... maybe just take a break from anime for a while like I did
Aug 2, 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
God yes.
I found this thread when I was googling, trying to see, if other people also find the acting bad and very anime-esque.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

8417 by Meldemort »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite Non-Anime Shows/Movies

EverRealm - Apr 27

14 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4883 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
9 hours ago

» Help finding a song

Exire_ - Yesterday

2 by Exire_ »»
Today, 7:29 AM

» Favorite horror movies?

Commit_Crime - Aug 12

18 by pure »»
Today, 2:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.