Forum Settings
Forums

'Fureru.' Reveals Main Cast, Additional Staff, Theme Song, Trailer

New
Jul 4, 1:27 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the Fureru. original anime movie announced the main cast, additional staff, theme song, a trailer, and a key visual (pictured) on Friday. The anime movie is scheduled to open in Japanese theaters on October 4.

Cast
Aki Onoda: Ren Nagase (Doraemon Movie 42: Nobita to Sora no Utopia)
Ryou Sobue: Ryota Bando
Yuuta Inohara: Kentaro Maeda
Juri Kamozawa: Haruka Shiraishi (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)
Nana Asakawa: Manaka Iwami ("Oshi no Ko")
Wakita: Sarutoki Minagawa
Kouhei Shimada: Kenjirou Tsuda (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Staff
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Moriyama (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. CG director)
Chief Animation Director: Masayoshi Tanaka (Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo)
Music: Masaru Yokoyama (Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai), TeddyLoid (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
Prop Design: Akira Takata (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai)
Art Design: Yoshinori Shiozawa (Shiroi Suna no Aquatope), Toshiyuki Sakakieda (Art Team Convoy) (Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story)
Art Director: Yayoi Ogashiwa
Color Design: Kazuko Nakashima (Wonder Egg Priority)
Director of Photography: Yuuya Sakuma (Horimiya)
CG Director: Keita Watanabe (Sublimation) (Wind Breaker)
Editing: Shigeru Nishiyama (Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)

YOASOBI ("Oshi no Ko") is performing the theme song "Monotone," which is previewed in the trailer below.

Tatsuyuki Nagai (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.) is directing the original anime movie at CloverWorks. Mari Okada (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.) is in charge of the screenplay, and Masayoshi Tanaka (Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo) is designing the characters.

Fureru. is an original anime movie created by the director, scriptwriter, and character designer of the Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day) television anime, which aired in Spring 2011. They have also worked together for both the Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. (The Anthem of the Heart) and Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo (Her Blue Sky) original anime movies, which premiered in September 2015 and October 2019, respectively.

Trailer

Source: Comic Natalie
Hyperion_PSJul 4, 1:29 PM
Jul 4, 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
It looks high quality and quite in the spirit of this trinity. But I still don’t understand the desire to choose three adult men as protagonists. Mari Okada usually specializes in the teenage female experience, so it's unusual to see a story with an all-male focus from her.
Jul 4, 9:04 PM

Jul 2021
Can a Japanese speaker give a rough description of what this is about? Also, what does the title mean?

From the imagery (and auto-translation), it looks like it's about three adult men who used to keep a fantastical creature back when they were kids?
Jul 5, 12:09 AM

Feb 2021
Looks like Boys Love for me. Interesting. I will watch it.
Jul 5, 12:17 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
It looks high quality and quite in the spirit of this trinity. But I still don’t understand the desire to choose three adult men as protagonists. Mari Okada usually specializes in the teenage female experience, so it's unusual to see a story with an all-male focus from her.
@RobertBobert I adore having something different with 3 adult men rather than the usual.
Jul 5, 1:36 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to missslauraa
@RobertBobert I adore having something different with 3 adult men rather than the usual.
@missslauraa, yes, me too.
Jul 5, 1:42 AM
Mar 2021

😊😊😊😊
Jul 5, 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Memore
Looks like Boys Love for me. Interesting. I will watch it.
@Memore WTF ? Where exactly do you see this ??? I see 3 friends who will grow up and face challenges together, nothing more.
Jul 5, 5:36 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to IzayoiSk
@Memore WTF ? Where exactly do you see this ??? I see 3 friends who will grow up and face challenges together, nothing more.
@IzayoiSk, I misunderstood, sorry.
Jul 5, 1:42 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to perseii
Can a Japanese speaker give a rough description of what this is about? Also, what does the title mean?

From the imagery (and auto-translation), it looks like it's about three adult men who used to keep a fantastical creature back when they were kids?
@perseii Fureru means Touch (like a brush-up kind of touch) but it's the name of the creature that allows them to read minds.

3 island kids find the creature and grow up, move to the city with Fureru. And then stuffs.

----

Nagase Ren as MC is a good voice. I'll def watch this.

Jul 5, 1:53 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to tehvix
@perseii Fureru means Touch (like a brush-up kind of touch) but it's the name of the creature that allows them to read minds.

3 island kids find the creature and grow up, move to the city with Fureru. And then stuffs.

----

Nagase Ren as MC is a good voice. I'll def watch this.

@tehvix Thanks. Didn't catch the mind-reading part at all, the trailer makes more sense now.
Jul 5, 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to perseii
@tehvix Thanks. Didn't catch the mind-reading part at all, the trailer makes more sense now.
@perseii With this description, the film looks even more like a psychological character study in the style beloved by the Japanese.
Jul 5, 2:26 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@perseii With this description, the film looks even more like a psychological character study in the style beloved by the Japanese.
@RobertBobert To be honest, the mind-reading premise makes me less excited. I have a feeling they'll make this far too overblown and melodramatic for my tastes. Especially considering AnoHana and what little I know of Mari Okada's reputation.

There's obviously a fanbase for this style, as you say, and I do hope the movie does well. I might check it out if it lands on Netflix where I live.
10 hours ago

Apr 2012
Reply to perseii
@RobertBobert To be honest, the mind-reading premise makes me less excited. I have a feeling they'll make this far too overblown and melodramatic for my tastes. Especially considering AnoHana and what little I know of Mari Okada's reputation.

There's obviously a fanbase for this style, as you say, and I do hope the movie does well. I might check it out if it lands on Netflix where I live.
@perseii There are too few female characters here to end up with classic Mari Okada tropes.
9 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@perseii There are too few female characters here to end up with classic Mari Okada tropes.
@RobertBobert I'm curious what you mean by that. I myself was mostly thinking melodrama and angst, and in AnoHana (the only show of hers I've seen), I thought both male and female characters acted pretty similarly in that sense.
6 hours ago

Apr 2012
Reply to perseii
@RobertBobert I'm curious what you mean by that. I myself was mostly thinking melodrama and angst, and in AnoHana (the only show of hers I've seen), I thought both male and female characters acted pretty similarly in that sense.
@perseii Popular ideas in her works are “women suffer in love because of male carelessness” and “girls should not turn love failures with guys into a tragedy, because this is not the end of life and any experience is more important.”

More topics from this board

» CloverWorks Produces 'Grotesque' Original Anime for 2025

Hyperion_PS - Jul 5

31 by RobertBobert »»
19 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Simulcast List [Update 6/6]

Snow - Jun 28

14 by RealNath »»
1 hour ago

» 'Ao no Exorcist: Yuki no Hate-hen' Second Cour 'Yosuga-hen' Airs in January 2025

Hyperion_PS - Jul 5

12 by Red_Ranger_Wien »»
2 hours ago

» Webtoon 'Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

20 by animejas »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kuroshitsuji: Midori no Majo-hen' TV Anime Announced for 2025

Nioxys - Yesterday

15 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.