Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 11, 10:48 AM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
Bnp doesn't count. I've seen several yuri anime but this will be the first BL anime i've watched, i've heard alot about BL anime, but i know the experience of watching one is different than hearing random things about other BL manga and anime. What can I expect? Judging by my taste will I like it?

Also preferably no spoilers thx
Jun 11, 1:23 PM
Jan 2024
There will be boys who love (each other). Hope this helps.
Jun 11, 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Boys being gay and stuff
Jun 11, 7:02 PM
Dec 2023
since it's set in high school you can imagine the shoujo level of romance where the gender for both leads happen to be male.
Jun 12, 12:25 AM
Dec 2023
mnmi2310 said:
Hinata11011 said:
since it's set in high school you can imagine the shoujo level of romance where the gender for both leads happen to be male.

i haven't all of it yet but i don't think this is accurate. plus, the manga is tagged as erotica. no idea how much the anime will follow through with that tho

I have read the manga a few years back, as far as I remember erotica was just in the last chapter. there are also other two couples each separate manga. The common thing in all three is the movie club. All club members are making a movie together. So that ' s why I felt the high school vibe is more than erotica.
Hinata11011Jun 12, 12:50 AM
Jun 12, 5:52 AM

Jun 2021
If you're a she, you would most probably like it. It's nothing extremishly gay smeared on your face (like YBb) just main characters being gay ig? and a decent storyline with good animation and character designs

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Jun 12, 7:45 AM
Apr 2018
MickeyMinaj said:
If you're a she, you would most probably like it. It's nothing extremishly gay smeared on your face (like YBb) just main characters being gay ig? and a decent storyline with good animation and character designs

What do you mean "if you're a she" there's tons of males who like BL
Jun 12, 8:12 AM

Jun 2021
Yellow2000 said:
MickeyMinaj said:

I said 'most probably', meaning there are more chances of liking it being a she. Never said guys don't like it, but thinking about the numbers, it's still very very handful of men liking anything gay

Jun 12, 8:38 AM
Apr 2018
MickeyMinaj said:
Yellow2000 said:

I said 'most probably', meaning there are more chances of liking it being a she. Never said guys don't like it, but thinking about the numbers, it's still very very handful of men liking anything gay

If a man is interested on watching this we can assume he's somehow familiar with what he's gonna see here, two dudes who like each other. Numbers are numbers but it has nothing to do with gender, only tastes.
Jun 12, 9:20 AM

Jun 2021
Yellow2000 said:
MickeyMinaj said:

If a man is interested on watching this we can assume he's somehow familiar with what he's gonna see here, two dudes who like each other. Numbers are numbers but it has nothing to do with gender, only tastes.

umm The OP literally asked us what to expect since they never watched one yet and aren't familiar, and it's their first BL?

I don't think you understood the point of this thread but I'm not generalizing anything, I just stated if OP is a she then there's more probablility they would enjoy it, even if they aren't, they may enjoy it just as much, no big deal. More fans the merrier

Jun 12, 10:00 AM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
Reply to MickeyMinaj
@MickeyMinaj i'm a boy. i just like good anime. For example, i liked Free! alot even tho the guys were shirtless alot becuase the story was great and the colors and animation were amazing. decent storyline with good animation and character designs is a great reason to watch it.
Jun 12, 10:15 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to Bebisim
@MickeyMinaj i'm a boy. i just like good anime. For example, i liked Free! alot even tho the guys were shirtless alot becuase the story was great and the colors and animation were amazing. decent storyline with good animation and character designs is a great reason to watch it.
@ErenYeager_69 Free! Is a good one for sure, but it's not BL (many people wished it was shonen ai at least but it isn't). Tasogare will be officially a BL anime, so preferences would differ I'd say (many guys mess up the BL shows' ratings simply because they hate the idea of BL, which is unfortunate but true). Either way animation seems impressive so you may be right about that

Jun 13, 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
You seem to like a decently wide range of anime, so if you like romance anime, and don’t feel uncomfortable watching it, you’ll probably like it (if it ends up being good).
Jun 16, 12:23 PM
Mar 2024
adoro animes bl ☺☺ são meus preferidos
Jun 16, 4:33 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Bebisim
@ErenYeager_69

It's a bit weird that you ask what to expect and don't really want to be spoiled at the same time. We can't say what to expect without saying anything to you ^^"

There are 2 types of BL anime:
I mean just because you are okay with shirtless guys doesn't mean you will like BL. The thing is: There are 2 types of BL manga/anime. Some that focus on romance without any physical relationship and some that will also get to physical stuff too. This one will me a mix from both. It will have a pretty good animation like we already saw in the preview. It will be purely based on those 2 characters and coming closer to each other, without much other stuff in between, so pure (and very serious) romance. Without comedy or anything. This anime is very much about aesthetic.

But maybe you should start with a more... beginner friendly stuff like Sasaki & Miyano Yuri on ICE to test if you are okay with two guys kissing or coming closer in general in flirty scenes? I would just watch some random scenes on Youtube to check out. But i also never really mind spoilers, because spoilers just show me how good or bad it will be - and hype me in most cases.
Jun 16, 7:06 PM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
Reply to Kati-Senpai
@ErenYeager_69

It's a bit weird that you ask what to expect and don't really want to be spoiled at the same time. We can't say what to expect without saying anything to you ^^"

There are 2 types of BL anime:
I mean just because you are okay with shirtless guys doesn't mean you will like BL. The thing is: There are 2 types of BL manga/anime. Some that focus on romance without any physical relationship and some that will also get to physical stuff too. This one will me a mix from both. It will have a pretty good animation like we already saw in the preview. It will be purely based on those 2 characters and coming closer to each other, without much other stuff in between, so pure (and very serious) romance. Without comedy or anything. This anime is very much about aesthetic.

But maybe you should start with a more... beginner friendly stuff like Sasaki & Miyano Yuri on ICE to test if you are okay with two guys kissing or coming closer in general in flirty scenes? I would just watch some random scenes on Youtube to check out. But i also never really mind spoilers, because spoilers just show me how good or bad it will be - and hype me in most cases.
@Kati-Senpai I understand. I guess it is kinda hard to not get spoiled when you want to know what to expect. I'm okay with two guys kissing or coming closer in general in flirty scenes. I was mainly just wondering if BL could be as good as straight romances story-wish or if it all just fan servicey and not really caring about story. I feel like focusing on romance is a story, so thats fine with me.
Jun 17, 5:40 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Bebisim
@Kati-Senpai I understand. I guess it is kinda hard to not get spoiled when you want to know what to expect. I'm okay with two guys kissing or coming closer in general in flirty scenes. I was mainly just wondering if BL could be as good as straight romances story-wish or if it all just fan servicey and not really caring about story. I feel like focusing on romance is a story, so thats fine with me.
@ErenYeager_69

There are indeed a LOT of those you mentioned, right.

But gladly, there are also animes like this one, Yuri on ICE, Sasaki & Miyano, The Stranger by the Shore, Given etc. that focus on realistic stories without being just a horny cheap story. I wish there were more of them, since some portray romance SO WELL (Even sometimes a lot better than straight anime). If you like a slice of life with a bit comedy, My New Boss is Goofy is also a good recommendation.
Jun 21, 9:22 AM
Jul 2023
imagine any sweet shoujo romance you've watched, but both of the main characters are boys! also, I find BL can be a lot deeper than your average straight romance due to it tackling issues of homophobia and such sometimes. also, expect to really see what it's like for a boy to like another boy (if you haven't had that experience yourself, idk your gender or sexuality), but yeah, enjoy! just keep in mind that if you continue to watch BL, some are problematic as they have themes of SA that they just gloss over. sadly, BL is made for women and not so much gay boys/men, so some can really fetishise MLM, shows like YBb, for example. I hope you enjoy this genre, though, because when it's good, it's really good. Just beware of the bad as there is some of it sprinkled in there. anyway I rambled quite a bit sorry lmao!
Jul 4, 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
Basically.. imagine you could actually do this with your homies... but you can't IRL.

Not sure if you would like it or not, but just keep your mind open I'd say. Cause looking at ur list you have a wide range.

There are other ones that I'd rec as a first BL like Sasaki to Miyano or Given.
But hey, something sparked ur intrest so shoot your shot c:

Its similar to GL and regular Shoujo animes but its Boys on Boys.

Thats all I can say c:

Hopefully you'll like it. ^^
~Potato_Teresa

Jul 4, 12:58 PM
Mar 2021
the ppl here who r implying that noncon in bl is a result of it being made for women would freak out if they read...pretty much any popular bara. as per usual, people just want to blame everything on women (for the crime of enjoying media nonetheless) as if noncon not present in literally every corner of the manga industry.

To explain things briefly, noncon is in BL for cultural reasons. Japan is still pretty conservative so being gay isn't seen as a desirable thing. When an uke says "no, stop!" to a seme, it usually means "no i don't want to admit i like this." Is this the best way to portray shame and reluctance? probably not... but it's existence makes sense.

not rlly directed at op but just here for anyone interested, KrisPNatz has a really good vid explaining this in more detail. It's called "Yaoi's most controversial topic" from his fujoshi february series.

edit: grammar
jotasuiJul 4, 6:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 3:26 PM
Jul 2020
🤨🏳️‍🌈?
Jul 4, 9:24 PM
Jul 2022
gay and gay interaction + brainrot + i dont like gay + its agay
Jul 5, 1:44 AM
Apr 2022
Not sure.

I try to watch BL. One is kind of weird. Because seem it for fujoshis because the 'uke' 'seme'. So I do not finish it.
Second kind of normal/romance but I do not watch last episode yet.

Maybe try watch normal BL romance(idk what tittle tho- maybe the other know)that already out to see if you can handle if suddenly there's weird scenes appears?

(Sorry with my grammar)
Jul 6, 9:59 AM

Nov 2015
Something gay and homo
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 19, 1:31 AM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
update: just watched episode 1 (in dub) I enjoyed it. Mao's crush was cute and pure, alot like straight romances. Also i like how theres a plot going with the promies and the making of a movie. Also theres twins which reminded me of Karou and Hikaru from OHSHC so thats cool. I'm interested to see where the show goes.
Jul 19, 7:34 PM
Jun 2021
Thanks for giving us an update. And glad you liked it. I red a lot of positive comments and also some negative ones. But most people who watched the first one also kept watching.
Oh yeah, you are right... i knew the twins reminded me of some other anime. But i wasn't sure which one :D
Kati-SenpaiJul 19, 7:39 PM
Yesterday, 1:19 AM
wonder stella
Jul 2021
Finished the anime (dub) It was honestly really good. The plot was nice and i enjoyed all the characters. I would really like a second season someday, and i might check out more BLs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

33 by sailormoon92_ »»
Oct 3, 12:40 AM

» This anime is the reason Crunchyroll comments were removed ( 1 2 )

Buttanuggets - Jul 11

54 by Jollyne7 »»
Oct 2, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

91 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 1, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 4

72 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 1, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 5

16 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 29, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.