Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 19, 7:33 PM
Sep 2018
I've watched 3 episodes and so far the story progress is no different from Hinamatsuri. And I didn't laugh at all. I was waiting for something different but it's just a cult thing. It is also similar to sasaki to pii-chan, but I don't like it either. I think I'm gonna drop it.
Apr 19, 7:47 PM
Aug 2022
cool story bro, next time don't share
Apr 19, 7:54 PM
Aug 2023
And the point of you starting a whole thread about this was???
Apr 19, 9:20 PM

Nov 2021
Good for you man.
Though you don't really need to make a post when you drop an anime.
Apr 19, 9:33 PM
Dec 2022
Good for you. Why the thread, then? This is pointless. I've seen multiple threads like this this week alone. Drop it if you don't like it, no one wants to know how you feel.
Apr 19, 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not saying this isn't a pointless thread, but it's also funny seeing people get offended by it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 20, 12:48 AM
Feb 2023
xoicij said:
I've watched 3 episodes and so far the story progress is no different from Hinamatsuri. And I didn't laugh at all. I was waiting for something different but it's just a cult thing. It is also similar to sasaki to pii-chan, but I don't like it either. I think I'm gonna drop it.

okay just drop it.
other people just want to enjoy watching this anime.
Apr 20, 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
Nah, I liked this one better. Main Girl is not infuriating and doesn't want me to punch the screen, while the homeless girl in this one is actually more precious and wholesome. And also looking very pretty.

Apr 20, 4:09 AM

Mar 2024
Monster in favorites, lmao
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 23, 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
These shows are very similar in general concept, but Salad is more edgy and leans more towards satire, while Hinamatsuri is more wholesome.
Apr 24, 3:26 AM

May 2009
Nitta was yakuza, not private detective.
Apr 27, 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
while Hinamatsuri is more wholesome

First and foremost, Hinamatsuri is way more funny, hilarious even.
Apr 27, 3:05 PM
Jul 2015
While the op would've been better off posting in an episode discussion, I kind of get the point ... somewhat. I'd say this show, on its own, is actually quite enjoyable, nothing great so far, but fine, really. However, it just has too many similarities to not be compared to Hinamatsuri, which is a frickin high bar to clear. And this, it just can't do.
Apr 27, 3:31 PM

Jun 2019
I've heard of that series for some time - at least I've been aware of it and some basic information about it for several years now. Yet I have never watched it. So while it's interesting in itself to hear the comparison made by fans of that show and just those who have watched and are familiar with it - I always prefer to know more things rather than less - I don't actually care insofar as it negatively affecting my viewing experience of this series. Perhaps if I had watched that series at any point, I would feel differently. But since I haven't it's just isn't relevant/applicable to me apart from knowing for the sake of knowledge alone and for conversation's sake.

Actually, the same phenomenon is happening this season with another seasonal I've been watching - Astro Note, which is a Sci-Fi romcom that many people watching and commenting have remarked is extremely reminiscent of Maison Ikkoku. But yet again, while I know of that series and basic things about it (premise, genres, airdates, etc.), since I haven't actually seen it myself it just doesn't matter in the same way. Maybe if these newer series end up being inferior retreads heavily borrowing from their predecessors, then it's actually better that I'm watching them first. That way, I can still theoretically watch something after (maybe those series at some point?) and not be disappointed, finding the execution of the general premise only improved upon.
WatchTillTandavaApr 27, 3:34 PM
Apr 27, 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Dickegrobe
RobertBobert said:
while Hinamatsuri is more wholesome

First and foremost, Hinamatsuri is way more funny, hilarious even.
@Dickegrobe Depends on taste. Personally, I like these kind of silly comedies more.
Apr 27, 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to WatchTillTandava
I've heard of that series for some time - at least I've been aware of it and some basic information about it for several years now. Yet I have never watched it. So while it's interesting in itself to hear the comparison made by fans of that show and just those who have watched and are familiar with it - I always prefer to know more things rather than less - I don't actually care insofar as it negatively affecting my viewing experience of this series. Perhaps if I had watched that series at any point, I would feel differently. But since I haven't it's just isn't relevant/applicable to me apart from knowing for the sake of knowledge alone and for conversation's sake.

Actually, the same phenomenon is happening this season with another seasonal I've been watching - Astro Note, which is a Sci-Fi romcom that many people watching and commenting have remarked is extremely reminiscent of Maison Ikkoku. But yet again, while I know of that series and basic things about it (premise, genres, airdates, etc.), since I haven't actually seen it myself it just doesn't matter in the same way. Maybe if these newer series end up being inferior retreads heavily borrowing from their predecessors, then it's actually better that I'm watching them first. That way, I can still theoretically watch something after (maybe those series at some point?) and not be disappointed, finding the execution of the general premise only improved upon.
@WatchTillTandava People compare Astro to Maison Ikkoku only because it is also a romance between an idealized boarding house owner and a goofy everydude protagonist. Otherwise, Astro is more like the bright and cheesy sci-fi comedies of the 90s and early 00s, where the aliens were extremely cartoonish and essentially only existed to justify the surreal things in the plot. There are more similarities between Salad and Hinamatsuri, to be honest, but while Salad could be considered the embodiment of the comedic urban fantasy anime of the 00s, Hinamatsuri is simply a sci-fi comedy a la My Adopted Daughter is an Esper!
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
I'm not saying this isn't a pointless thread, but it's also funny seeing people get offended by it.
@LostSpectre yeah it's funny
Apr 29, 7:50 AM

Apr 2015
Looks closer to Jashin-chan to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - 12 hours ago

13 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
13 minutes ago

» Who else ships Sousuke×Sara? ( 1 2 )

Weird-but-true - Apr 26

72 by Ten »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25

34 by GenesisAria »»
Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

61 by chocomayu »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

94 by Lanz »»
Apr 28, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.