Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 6:45 AM

Dec 2022
Based on the actions of her past, and her feelings towards Zagan she can be a major force to reckon with.

Also Elf ear wiggles are cute. We need more of them.
Apr 13, 6:55 AM

Dec 2021
Nephy opening up about her past is good, but those elves were terrible. They got what they deserved.

The story is getting better, especially with Nephy's final moments. The voice actor nailed her character's madness. The adaptation has been solid.

Apr 13, 3:07 PM

Nov 2013
Oh so that's why she's a "cursed child".
Apr 13, 5:01 PM

May 2015
Such a good series. I can already tell I'm gonna re-watch this a lot in the future.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 13, 8:01 PM
Jan 2021
good character development.
Apr 13, 11:31 PM
Feb 2024
And now the anime-onlys see why so many of us manga readers were absolutely stoked hearing this was getting adapted. The story of two broken people fixing each other and becoming stronger together is, at its core, always a beautiful thing, and the world-building is pretty damn good on top of that. Throw in some believably written secondary characters and you've got some top tier storytelling here.
Apr 14, 3:25 AM

Jun 2011
I really love this anime! Can't wait to see more of the episodes! ^^
Apr 14, 3:52 AM
Mar 2024
SO CUTEEEEEEE!! I'M CRYINGGGGGGGG
Apr 14, 12:15 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Troyp043
Honestly better than I was expecting. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a harem.
@Troyp043 I have only read as far as the early parts of Volume 2 of the LN, but I have also checked further volumes ahead, I don't think this will ever become a harem, there was potential for that with some of the female characters and the writer seems clear in his vision, as this one character that was originally interested in the MC, eventually falls for another character in the series, thus you get too cute couples to ship with and no harem!

So I think you can rest assured, this wont become a harem. I love harems, but it is definitely the kind of thing I want from this show either.

----------------------------

Couldnt resist binge-watching these 3 episodes, so cute, I was waiting for this show for a while and also wanted to read the LN for a long time, so I kinda started the LN last night and devoured quite a bit, and was getting some nice diabetes, so was hyping the anime further, and they mostly did a sound job, especially in bringing Nephy to life, she is soo cute.

I think people should not expect much from this show other than the synopsis, but if you were like me and that is what got you very interested, to see a cute elf getting some love, you can't go wrong with this show.
Albeit after one volume I feel the gimmick loses a bit of its charm, it is still cute to see them together, those looking forward to more of Nephy will not be disappointed.

The anime staff did a good job with her character design, she has to be one of the more adorable elves animated, I adore to see how her emotions are expressed with her ears~~
Apr 15, 10:11 AM

Jan 2023
Finally, I have seen those ears animated. They make Nephy even more adorable than she already is.
There were a lot of backstories in this episode, and the ending part was really nicely done.
Apr 15, 6:58 PM
Jan 2024
is the best anime of the season
Apr 18, 6:23 AM
Sep 2023
Big fan of this show, looks very promising.
Apr 18, 10:31 AM

Oct 2017
So Nephy has power of nature? Guessing it's a very rare blessing which is really powerful and thus became the thing for their scorn. That girl from before, idk what to think of her.
Apr 19, 5:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nevy MVP.

Will she learn magic or continue a different path?
Apr 22, 6:32 PM
Sep 2021
Really loving this anime so far! Can't wait to see how it progresses
Apr 24, 9:33 PM

Apr 2019
Elf has magic instead of sorcery, i guess that's what her mana was for, great episode
Apr 25, 12:46 PM
Dec 2023
I went from "don't think I would like that show" to.....

"this is probably going to be my favourite show of the season by quite a margin"

Dark Nephy unlocked!!! I am assuming the fleeting changes in her voice was deliberate, at first I thought it was a slip in direction but the more it happened I realised it probably signifies her other side breaking out. Got a copy of the LN coming tomorrow, excited to read that part in text.

Also loved them really diving into the magic mechanics, seems like the world building will be great.

Can't wait for more of this show!
Apr 25, 7:25 PM

May 2015
Nephy was ready to bury that knight in wood for hurting Zagan! The reveal of her mysticism powers is great. Sad that it came at the cost of ostracization by her fellow elves though.

Apr 26, 12:31 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Troyp043
Honestly better than I was expecting. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a harem.
@Troyp043

I asked the same thing on the subreddit for this show, and manga/ LN readers told me the story will continue to be in good taste, I was very happy to hear it!
Apr 27, 8:42 PM

Jan 2020
Nephy is essentially a significantly sweeter (and likely younger) Frieren. Also, she actually has emotions unlike the cardboard personality Frieren does.

Anyway Zagan and his relationship with Nephy has improved significantly in just 3 episodes. Not sure how this goes from here but this is one of the most enjoyable anime this season imo.
Apr 28, 9:46 AM

Jun 2016
yoo ididnt expected this show is totally amazingly good !!
May 4, 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
@18:00

Nephy: “The villagers told me to use my power to protect them.” That “'It's time you repay us for letting you live,' they said.”

“After they said that, it was like I could hear something breaking apart inside of my head.” — Everyone goes through moments like this. Nobody wants to be the guy to end a cycle of hatred. It's an icky feeling, which lasts for a moment, but the real reward is everlasting internal peace.

“And when I say that (after the attack from the sorcerers) I thought that they deserved what happened to them! Isn't that awful? As I saw the people who cursed my existence die, I laughed at them!”

Regret and guilt darkens her heart, wounding her soul — “I only realized what I had done after the fact.” — Instead of the real reward, she receives the fake reward, so the opposite happens... Instead of an icky feeling that lasts for a moment she receives joy that lasts for a moment, and everlasting guilt and torment.

Zagan: “That's why she stopped expressing her emotions.” again, instead of everlasting peace, she is tormented, and looks (to Zagan) for guidance.

Zagan replies: “ I would've killed the entire village along with the attackers” — complete disregard for human life.

Nephelia: “Even then... I don't think what I did can be forgiven.” — states the truth, but doesn't know the answer.

Zegan: “Forgiven by who?” -- the answer is anyone. WHO will forgive HER if she can't forgive others. Why should anyone be forgiven?

Nephelia: “By... the people of the village!” -- She doesn't know if some escaped. But unfortunately, dead is dead. That's the end. One life.

Zegan: “But they're dead. So what does it matter?” — Nephelia isn't dead, she was apart of the village, it greatly matters to her, Zegan.

Zegan: “I doubt even they are so pathetic that they'd chide you from beyond the grave.” — avoiding the main topic (Nephelia) and discussion with a fallacy. That's not an answer, Zegan.

Villagers dead OR alive, if Nephelia can't forgive others who have done wrong to her, how will anyone forgive her when she does wrong? How will she feel the next time someone tells her she is forgiven? She will question herself again. And her heart will feel sick.

This is silly: Zegan then says: “When you have strength you should live a strong life. Otherwise, it's an insult to those who die because they are powerless.” The reality is, you're only as strong as your spirit. And if it's weak, no matter how many guns you have, you are weak. For every question you don't know, you will provide a wrong answer, affecting yourself and everyone around you. It's a never ending cycle of death. This was actually the main theme of Naruto — Mercy and Forgiveness, a godly trait very few are capable of.

Nephelia was given power, a special talent, and questions if it's better for someone else to have it — I'd say yes, it's wasted on her. And it will be wasted on her until she finds the correct answer, to heal her gaping wound of a heart.

Zegan's story about saving a girl from a gang of rubbers (:P lol rubbery): However harsh, he's telling the truth to the girl about getting stronger or you will be prayed upon. BUT HOWEVER, good deeds are trash-tire if there's no backbone behind it. Teach don't just preach, Zegan. This guy really sucks... The very definition of lording it over — Ironically, the girl then gives a logical and reasonable response during the high-stress situation, frustrated with her saviour. By attacking his weak character or lack of manliness: “Does flaunting your strength really make you so great?” The scene/flashback ends with a stunned Zegan; a classic derpy 'i dun kno' as he then applies his prejudice to the unnamed girl, speaking with Nephelia. “I got the feeling that she had been treated really well growing up.”

Reverse logic: calls the girl he saved weak, when it's he himself who is weak. Again, doesn't matter how powerful you are...

I hope we see that girl again. By far the most virtuous character, and we're only graced with her for such a short blimp. 'Tis a pity.

Zegan gets really strong and then admits it got him nothing in the end... like having a lot of cash.

I like this part: Zegan changes the topic, then says, “I already told you I needed you, didn't I?” he's questioning his own heart, now, looking for answers in Nephelia while Nephy is looking for answers in Zegan... what is this called... two parties with a lack of confidence and low self-esteem... they're lucky they have friends in town. The storytelling is thick with fiction, that I doubt any real conclusion or truths will surface in this story. But I do want to see the end-game.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 9

60 by AnimeSrk »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 2

64 by alumina86352 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 AM

» Why the hell can Zagan absorb magic?

Isekai-Enjoyer - May 4

8 by HueyLion »»
May 9, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 25

54 by Magicmist »»
May 9, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 18

90 by Magicmist »»
May 2, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.