Forum Settings
Forums

Is pirating media from sanctioned countries like Russia completely legal?

New
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Aug 2022
And could I create a new IP based on said trademarks and copyrights and intellectual properties? Whose gonna stop me? I assume the Russians could do the same.
Mar 28, 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
here in the philippines online piracy is normal even the government offices does it like pirating windows operating system and microsoft office
Mar 28, 3:20 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Yep, if you use a VPN you basically digitally immigrate to that country, so you are subject to their jurisdiction now, except that you are exempt from all the negative parts of it. Everyone knows that. Also pro tip: the FBI can't see what you are doing if you use Incognito mode, so that's another layer of protection.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 28, 3:37 PM

Jun 2016
Kalashnikov USA made copies of the Vityaz carbine and Saiga shotguns to get around the sanctions and they weren't sued by the Russian Kalashnikov company so I guess you can pirate stuff without getting any trouble. Maybe?
Although it was speculated that were was a relationship between the Russian and American companies but I'm not sure that it was ever confirmed.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 28, 4:15 PM

Dec 2015
Well pirating in Polish law are different as long as you ain't uploading/sharing it further, you can just watch/read/listen for free stuff for most of the cases. After all alot of Polish subed anime are in Russian servers/video players x)

For more classified data like military stuff, no idea as I've never been around it, all I know is that whenever there is a new argue in WoT or War Thunder forums there are leaked classified military info [no idea how and why]
Mar 28, 5:11 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Pirating stuff only apply as ur location if ur US n pirating hollywood movies obviously going to jail but if ur Russian n pirating hollywood movies obvious gonna be fine due to its regulation only apply to civil where media producted thats why OP nakama from JP get arrest immediately meanwhile OP nakama from China still safe until now lollll

映画「君の名は。」など不正公開した疑い、男を書類送検 https://t.co/CAudVgEmlb

Eiga Kimi no Namae wa nado fusei koukaishita ugatai, otoko wo shurui kouken
Suspiciously published with illegal ur name film, he was sent into court

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

28 by LostSpectre »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 10 hours ago

16 by traed »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
37 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

75 by cody »»
39 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.