Forum Settings
Forums

What are your thoughts on self-improvement videos?

New
Mar 27, 11:30 AM

Oct 2022
What are your thoughts on self-improvement videos? Do you watch them? Do you think they actually help people or are they just content farming?

I don't personally watch anything like that and for most self-improvement videos they seem to just be scams but there are a few out there that seem genuinely good like a youtube channel called HealthyGamerGG.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 27, 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
Whatever works works is my answer. I don’t personally watch them because it seems fairly intuitive what self-improvement is. Physical health? Exercise and eat healthy? Mental health? Take a break or see a therapist. Financial health? Get a job.

My life thankfully is pretty simple, so it is obvious to me how I could achieve my goals.

I do roll my eyes at videos that tell you what Warren Buffett ate for breakfast, as if eating like an 80 year old billionaire will somehow make one wealthy. I also roll my eyes at super masculine videos or videos about how to seduce women.
Mar 27, 12:23 PM

Sep 2016
Never did and probably never will, motivational talk doesn't work on me, no matter how hard they try.

ZarutakuMar 28, 1:42 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 27, 4:35 PM

Dec 2015
Never watched any of those, I have no idea if there are some Polish version of it, anything which might be in a tiniest bit be related are videos with exercise/workout program which I just use to exercise on my own but they ain't having any kind of motivational talk/graphics etc.

But there's only one video which gives sudden energy to neva give up! And here I mean Matsuoka Shuzo the classic, the legend, the origin of motivation talk before it became a trend on youtube.
First vid of mentioned guy is the edition with aot ost, the second is the oldest one [original? or the oldest reupload]:

Mar 27, 4:47 PM

Jul 2007
If they wanted you to improve yourself they wouldn't keep churning out clickbait shite for you to spend hours of your day on.
Mar 27, 4:54 PM

Jan 2017
I don't like them.

I feel like the only way someone can truly want to self-improve themselves is from within and by extension the steps to take to get to that point should be unique to the individual and something they themselves came up with and feel a connection to and thus are able to stay committed to it since it was their own ideas and resolve.

Mar 27, 5:29 PM

Aug 2019
cool and useful if you are young
obvious, repetitive and useless if you are over 25 years old
Mar 27, 10:53 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I enjoy watching Jordan Peterson videos, from time to time. That's about it, though.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Aug 2022
I hate to break it to you guys but if you wanna improve yourself you need to stop watching self-improvement videos and start self-improving yourself.
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Most of them are full of empty platitudes or are trying to sell you something, be that a product or an ideology.
Take care of yourself

Mar 28, 12:00 PM

Aug 2021
if u cant motivate urself ig vids are goo for u
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

77 by Rurihime »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

18 by Rhaelynne »»
52 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

683 by Jozuwa-_- »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

50 by DoctorWasabi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by DoctorWasabi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.