Forum Settings
Forums

should i cut my hair without my parents knowing???

New
Mar 27, 1:36 AM
Jul 2023
i REALLY want to do it and ive been wanting short hair for 2 years by now but i will get KILLED if i actually try to... advice is needed!!!
Mar 27, 2:04 AM

Sep 2016
Not sure if troll but just in case you are serious: Your hair is none of your parents business, so do with it as you please.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 27, 2:24 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Zarutaku
Not sure if troll but just in case you are serious: Your hair is none of your parents business, so do with it as you please.
@Zarutaku idk why you think i was trolling but tysm :D
Mar 27, 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
If your parents are actually abusive (in case it's not trolling or overreacting), don't provoke them and move out as soon as you are able to.
While I agree that your hair shouldn't your parents business, people who say "do it anyway" without knowing your situation, might bring you into danger, or some serious damage.
Mar 27, 2:43 AM

Aug 2021
I was also held on a short leash and it ended up with me going crazy just to be able to set my own boundries, it's like u gotta insist on ur own agency u know what I'm saying

They'd never let me do anything myself, but once they noticed that I don't care and will come back home with dyed hair, new tattoos, piercings, clothes, and simply going out whenever I wanted and staying the night even when they simply did not allow me, I managed to set my own boundries and regain agency that an adult should normally fkn have

Its very difficult to go against ur parents it feels like u're doing something really bad, like u're hurting them, u're a disappointment, or u simply fear a vile punishment, but it's them who are wrong, just think about it for a minute, who's more unhinged
U wanting to decide ur own haircut or them managing ur entire life?
If they don't want to give u independence u need to fight for it, and they must accept it, u're not a child, u're a person and u deserve agency in ur life

Also having really controlling or religious parents throughout most of ur life later causes people to go super crazy to regain their life, they start doing drugs, try to catch up on parties, become sexworkeres and do the most insane bodymods and basically choose to live on the margins, so if u wanna avoid that rebel NOW for ur own good
Mar 27, 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
Hiding the shortness of your hair from your parents sounds pretty hard. Probably the only real options are confrontation, escape or conformity.
Mar 27, 3:03 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Oy soba i never saw any news which told a girl died by her parents due to turn her hairstyle into short one lolllll but if ur parents hate it due to religion issue or traditional social value then DWYOR then lollll

Mar 27, 3:44 AM

Dec 2015
Huh? Just go to barber and tell him/her to cut you short, ah don't forget the money, they ain't doin it for free. Unless your a minor who can't choose decision independently from parents/others.
Mar 27, 3:46 AM

Feb 2020
Dunno about your life situation or how crazy ("I will get KILLED if I actually try to") your parents are. Maybe it would be better to wait until you live on your own.
Mar 27, 3:56 AM

Aug 2021
to make u morally feel better pay it yourself
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 4:24 AM

Jul 2021
I'm gonna say no. Regardless of whether or not they're being too strict, going behind your parents' backs like that to do something against their explicit orders is not going to do any good for your relationships with them. Living in the same house as someone you're not on good terms with probably isn't going to be worth whatever you gain from cutting your hair short.
Mar 27, 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
i think ur parent will maybe notice ur short hair and, if ur saying is true, that will get u KILLED. so, it'd be best not to cut it if u value ur life or perhaps u think cutting ur hair is the experience that worths more than ur life, then go for it i guess
Mar 27, 9:20 AM

May 2021
keisoa2218 said:
i REALLY want to do it and ive been wanting short hair for 2 years by now but i will get KILLED if i actually try to... advice is needed!!!

I'm not sure how old you are, but even if you're under 18, getting a haircut is something you can perfectly well take responsibility for, hair grows back, it's not a drastic life desision that needs your parents guidence and permission

So go for it
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 27, 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
Im not sure if you are using a hyperbole or are describing a legit threat. You can always cut your hair shorter but to get it longer takes time so maybe off more modestly shorter than usual when cut so they can get used to how it looks shorter then next time you may be able to pull off more if you feel it was not short enough. You can always quickly go even shorter but keep it gradual, but if you dont like it or your parents dont it will just grow back no big deal.
Mar 27, 9:56 AM

Jan 2022
Shave your head bald as a way of showing your parents who's boss.
Mar 27, 11:51 AM

Nov 2022
I think you should wait until you move out or otherwise have your own place OP. If you're under your parents' roof you should follow their rules.
♡☆♡☆♡

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

17 by DoctorWasabi »»
27 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

683 by Jozuwa-_- »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

50 by DoctorWasabi »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by DoctorWasabi »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

47 by Zhenro »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.