Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 9:11 AM
Jul 2021

As far as I've watched it, I see no lie here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 9:16 AM
Jul 2021
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸
Mar 23, 9:18 AM

May 2021
bro is not a pacifist

Mar 23, 9:22 AM
Mar 2023
lol, solo leveling is always known for it's art you are just a fool if you are expecting great story.
Mar 23, 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
its a power fantasy show so its not deep
Mar 23, 9:32 AM
Jul 2021
It's a power fantasy so you should already know what type of people like this. Good writing is definitely not one of the reason since it doesn't exist here.
Mar 23, 9:34 AM
Jun 2023
yes, with just few plots and leveling,it became one of the most popular manhwa. and this manhwa can crush your favourite manhwa with ease ,so cry more 😂😂😂🤡🤡
Mar 23, 10:09 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Reckless_weeb
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸
@Reckless_weeb Yes Peak? I didn't see a problem. Also, in my opinion, what makes this series the best is definitely the story behind the universe, it is still a mystery what the Gates or the System are. In fact, I know that most people who say the story is simple will not understand anything, especially when it is explained what Gates are.
Mar 23, 10:31 AM

Dec 2021
A simple story is not a problem but the underutilization of resources it built, is sad.
Mar 23, 10:36 AM
Sep 2023
Reckless_weeb said:

Man, why can't you go do this with Demon Slayer?
Mar 23, 10:45 AM
Jul 2021
Praveen05 said:
lol, solo leveling is always known for it's art you are just a fool if you are expecting great story.

All the hype for art ?? Lmfao
Mar 23, 10:46 AM
Jul 2021
The_Keyman-1 said:
It's a power fantasy so you should already know what type of people like this. Good writing is definitely not one of the reason since it doesn't exist here.

I've no problem with what type of show it is whatsoever...... I've a problem with the fanbase claiming it's as something groundbreaking.
Mar 23, 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
The weird hate boner MAL people have for shows that satisfy people's occasional desire to just enjoy some mindless action needs to be studied. It's anime, it's not even close to being that deep, why do y'all care so much. Let people enjoy things 🤯🤯🤯🤯

"The type of people who like shows like this are those who don't care for good writing, as it does not exist here ☝️🤓" People really watch power fantasies like this and then get upset that it doesn't have deep writing and thought-provoking themes/character development, I'm dead 💀 💀 not everything needs to have a revolutionary story that transcends writing as we've known it up to this point, that reinvents how stories are written, sometimes all people want is a basic, easy to follow story with some good action thrown in. And people also love to act like hype action shows have bad writing by default, the "shounen = automatically bad" mindset. As long as the story makes sense, that should quite literally be good enough. People will really go out of their way to watch something like this, JJK, Demon Slayer, Ninja Kamui, One Punch Man, etc., and then be upset when they do their job of appealing to their target demographic by providing cool action scenes. Go watch a drama-centric character-driven seinen series if you're so pressed about "good writing" (not knocking those types of shows btw, I fuck with them as well).

Oh yea, still waiting for someone, ANYONE, to give me a legit definition of what "edgy" means. Jinwoo makes an "edgy entrance," wtf does that word even mean at this point lmao.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 23, 10:48 AM
Jul 2021
_otaku_man00 said:
yes, with just few plots and leveling,it became one of the most popular manhwa. and this manhwa can crush your favourite manhwa with ease ,so cry more 😂😂😂🤡🤡

"Crush your fav mahnwa". Lol, I don't read any Mahnwah, just tried solo leveling for 45 ch. Ain't that great but enjoyable

You must be an action lover, shonen tard. Next time try responding with something logical.
Reckless_weebMar 23, 10:55 AM
Mar 23, 10:49 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Reckless_weeb
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸
Reckless_weeb said:
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸

I've arisen my coc-
Mar 23, 10:50 AM

Aug 2021
nice of you to notice?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 10:50 AM
Jul 2021
sung_jinzero_69 said:
Reckless_weeb said:

Demon slayer has emotional character bonding and also pretty good side characters. Both are missing in Solo leveling.

The main character gets all the hype.
Mar 23, 10:54 AM

Aug 2019
Reckless_weeb said:
sung_jinzero_69 said:

Demon slayer has emotional character bonding and also pretty good side characters. Both are missing in Solo leveling.

The main character gets all the hype.

sooo we didn’t read solo leveling slow enough it seems
Mar 23, 10:58 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Reckless_weeb
Praveen05 said:

All the hype for art ?? Lmfao
@Reckless_weeb if you havent seen the art , you cant understand it ...
Mar 23, 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
Congratulations, you managed to summarize the plot of every single anime on this planet. Here's your lollipop -o
Mar 23, 11:05 AM
Jul 2021
Skenz said:
@Reckless_weeb if you havent seen the art , you cant understand it ...

I read 45 ch, I don't deny it. In fact I must say solo leveling has some of the best panels I've seen. Some of them are literally popular in meme culture.
Mar 23, 11:08 AM
Jun 2023
Reckless_weeb said:
_otaku_man00 said:

"Crush your fav mahnwa". Lol, I don't read any Mahnwah, just tried solo leveling for 45 ch. Ain't that great but enjoyable

You must be an action lover, shonen tard. Next time try responding with something logical.

i like shonen but not a fan of it, i like all the genres, solo leveling is one of the best manhwa ,in terms of action, art and mc. just watch episode 11 ,you will understand, and not all animes everything perfect ,this manhwa also has its fault but the way this shown with what it got is very much enjoyable and that's important.
i have read many manhwa ,but this manhwa gave me more excitement then all the manhwa , just because it has generic story doesn't mean this is average, the way it shown with that generic plot and this manhwa made it to it's perfection. and i think that's great too , like dangers in my heart anime, it's also a romance anime but the way it's shown is perfect, in terms of romance that is perfection.
Mar 23, 11:34 AM
Mar 2021
i mean it's true, still kinda fun
Mar 23, 11:38 AM
Jul 2021
_otaku_man00 said:
Reckless_weeb said:

i like shonen but not a fan of it, i like all the genres, solo leveling is one of the best manhwa ,in terms of action, art and mc. just watch episode 11 ,you will understand, and not all animes everything perfect ,this manhwa also has its fault but the way this shown with what it got is very much enjoyable and that's important.
i have read many manhwa ,but this manhwa gave me more excitement then all the manhwa , just because it has generic story doesn't mean this is average, the way it shown with that generic plot and this manhwa made it to it's perfection. and i think that's great too , like dangers in my heart anime, it's also a romance anime but the way it's shown is perfect, in terms of romance that is perfection.

This is the point bro. It's generic, no interesting side characters, little to no character development and no depth in the story. Moreover I don't even get any emotional attachment with the characters.

The action is cool though.
Mar 23, 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah, everything checks out and we love it for it. Your point?

Mar 23, 11:55 AM
Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
Yeah, everything checks out and we love it for it. Your point?

Nothing, good that you enjoy 👍🏼
Mar 23, 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
Oh no, hype manhwa has anime adaptation that makes fans hyped.
Quick, let's anger them by pointing to something that they all know.

Mate, this is power fantasy with great art that's now animated. I am NOT here for the story and I am loving it.
Hell, I am surprised it even got adaptation considering what it is (and how it portrays Japanese).

Spoiler warning: It will stay the same. Don't like it? Don't keep watching. It won't get any better, sorry to say.
Mar 23, 12:31 PM
Apr 2022
wait who says it has great story, it has been always know for its art and hype.
SOINDS OF EVERYTHING
Mar 23, 12:41 PM
Jun 2023
Reckless_weeb said:
_otaku_man00 said:

This is the point bro. It's generic, no interesting side characters, little to no character development and no depth in the story. Moreover I don't even get any emotional attachment with the characters.

you just read 45 and saying all bullshit, go read omniscient readers view point until 150 character there is nothing going on and everyone say it has one of the best side characters and world building.
Mar 23, 1:36 PM

Jan 2020
The hate any series gets aside from those like Frieren, the Apothecary Diaries, or CGDCT get is astounding. It seems to be a common trend for popular series with male mcs 🤷🏽‍♂️
Mar 23, 2:25 PM

Jan 2020
It’s kinda good because it’s one of those shows I can turn on and watch it in Japanese without subs without feeling like a retard who spent 4 years on studying the language and grinding vocabulary cards, and yet still struggles to understand what’s happening once you take away the subs.

So in this respect it’s great.
Mar 23, 2:36 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Well I agree and I still enjoy it regardless, it's fun to watch/read

But As much as I like solo Leveling, it starts to get stale after Jeju Island Arc later, I don't really like how Sung Jin Woo is the only relevant character and no one else, everyone other than him is useless even those supposedly strong hunters.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 23, 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to deg
its a power fantasy show so its not deep
@deg "It's supposed to be bad, so don't criticize it, bruh"
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 23, 3:22 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@deg "It's supposed to be bad, so don't criticize it, bruh"
@MyllerPhiem more like its useless to criticize it since its just a mid story anyway and nothing but rule of cool
Mar 23, 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to deg
@MyllerPhiem more like its useless to criticize it since its just a mid story anyway and nothing but rule of cool
@deg "Rule of cool" means that something is so cool you overook a lack of logic for it. Has nothing to do with quality. And even then: Nothing about this episode was cool enough for that.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 23, 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@deg "Rule of cool" means that something is so cool you overook a lack of logic for it. Has nothing to do with quality. And even then: Nothing about this episode was cool enough for that.
@MyllerPhiem enjoyment matters more for many people thats why rule of cool is effective alone look at demon slayer too
Mar 23, 5:15 PM
May 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
The weird hate boner MAL people have for shows that satisfy people's occasional desire to just enjoy some mindless action needs to be studied. It's anime, it's not even close to being that deep, why do y'all care so much. Let people enjoy things 🤯🤯🤯🤯

"The type of people who like shows like this are those who don't care for good writing, as it does not exist here ☝️🤓" People really watch power fantasies like this and then get upset that it doesn't have deep writing and thought-provoking themes/character development, I'm dead 💀 💀 not everything needs to have a revolutionary story that transcends writing as we've known it up to this point, that reinvents how stories are written, sometimes all people want is a basic, easy to follow story with some good action thrown in. And people also love to act like hype action shows have bad writing by default, the "shounen = automatically bad" mindset. As long as the story makes sense, that should quite literally be good enough. People will really go out of their way to watch something like this, JJK, Demon Slayer, Ninja Kamui, One Punch Man, etc., and then be upset when they do their job of appealing to their target demographic by providing cool action scenes. Go watch a drama-centric character-driven seinen series if you're so pressed about "good writing" (not knocking those types of shows btw, I fuck with them as well).

Oh yea, still waiting for someone, ANYONE, to give me a legit definition of what "edgy" means. Jinwoo makes an "edgy entrance," wtf does that word even mean at this point lmao.

preach. Annoying anime elitists need to stfu and let people enjoy anime. This is annoying asf.
Mar 23, 8:52 PM
Oct 2021
solo leveling is great at literally everything but story, and the story isn't even bad it's just generic
Mar 23, 9:22 PM
May 2023
_otaku_man00 said:

i don't think solo levelling stands anywhere near to goated manhwas like 'Tower of God' so stop rubbish like best manhwa great manhwa... it's just mid which doesn't even care about its own character development... "It's just a power fantasy which can crush Goated manhwas only in your fantasy"
Mar 23, 9:29 PM
Feb 2024
Reckless_weeb said:
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸

bro is bouts start a war
Mar 23, 9:35 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
thanks now i dont need to read the manwha
Mar 23, 10:20 PM
Jul 2021
FaultyMoon said:
solo leveling is great at literally everything but story, and the story isn't even bad it's just generic

Great at what??
Character writing?
Character development?
Plot?
Mystery?
World building?

Literally everything is avg or below avg
Mar 23, 10:23 PM
Jul 2021
_otaku_man00 said:
Reckless_weeb said:

you just read 45 and saying all bullshit, go read omniscient readers view point until 150 character there is nothing going on and everyone say it has one of the best side characters and world building.

No need, all my friends who have read said it's the same. No other characters except the MC get any development or plot importance.
Mar 23, 10:36 PM
Sep 2022
Reckless_weeb said:
I mean this 🥸🥸🥸

One cant always watch complex storylines, characters etc
sometimes we need to see simple generic things too just to enjoy
that's what I expected from this show from the start so I ain't disappointed
Mar 23, 10:46 PM
Oct 2021
Reckless_weeb said:
FaultyMoon said:

Great at what??
Character writing?
Character development?
Plot?
Mystery?
World building?

those are all story elements
Mar 23, 10:57 PM
Jul 2021
FaultyMoon said:
Reckless_weeb said:

Great at what??
Character writing?
Character development?
Plot?
Mystery?
World building?

So it's great at what?
I can't think of anything but animation, music and action.

And we've better shows in terms of these elements.
Mar 23, 11:09 PM
Oct 2021
Reckless_weeb said:
FaultyMoon said:

So it's great at what?

I'm talking about the manhwa
Mar 23, 11:30 PM
Jul 2021
FaultyMoon said:
Reckless_weeb said:

So it's great at what?

I'm talking about the manhwa

Then only the artstyle 😂
Mar 24, 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
The source material is kinda weak and the show is literally carried by fights' animations and Sawano's OST. Still dont know what exactly SL fans expected from this adaptation.

I think it elevates the original source a lot, similarly to what happens with Demon Slayer.
Mar 24, 12:40 AM
Jun 2023
Reckless_weeb said:
_otaku_man00 said:

No need, all my friends who have read said it's the same. No other characters except the MC get any development or plot importance.

i don't know how/why you guys read manhwa but i read for enjoyment , I read many manhwas/manga/manhwas ,so you don't have to tell me, i like solo leveling because of how simple and how perfect they have shown, i literally enjoyed soo much and for me it's 10/10, if a gives me enjoyment then i will rate it with how much I enjoy and if a show doesn't give me enjoyment then i will rate it with considering its good points. i have never gave a show rating below 6 except rent a gf manga , and i gave 10/10 for shows like eminence in shadow, high school dxd , redo of helar because I enjoyed it , i doesn't matter how generic it is for me how they present that is important, there are great shows like aot , death note , code gesis ,etc that 10/10 ,i really enjoyed them too,
in terms of manhwa omniscient readers view point considered as best story / side characters/ and word building, i read it until 150 chapters ,at the beginning it was good but later it was boring, and i really didn't like it , so i gave 8 /10 because of art and some other aspects,

solo leveling may be generic with its world building,side characters but it's interesting compared to other manhwas , for me it's 10/10, anime is covering so of its faults yet there guys only came to criticise for no reason,
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

357 by Skippu__ »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
12 hours ago

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

269 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 21, 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.