Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 12:55 AM

Mar 2014
This movie was SICK!!!!
such a great series, bringing my Seishun into One movie, was a great experience!
I loved the 演出 at the near end at the last point! It was just so so so f***ing good😭😭😭😭
I love Haikyuu!!
9/10 from me
Mar 11, 7:17 AM
Sep 2022
Since I got a notification for the discussion, I'm just gonna re-write my thoughts here:

I got to watch the Dumpster battle at the premiere day! (Warning: a little spoilers ahead) I could gush about Haikyuu all day because of how personable those characters feel to me (thanks to its great character writing) but I'll just keep this simple:

The movie was GREAT! | CRIED! ( the boy to my left was secretly weeping! As a manga reader the pacing didn't feel rushed to me, I guess it was fine, it's been a while since I read the manga tho, but honestly I always feel like the Karasuno vs Nekoma match would be great in a movie format AND IT DID! The director definitely did a good job and managed to sell the idea that this is a movie quality arc, the OSTs were great (they were always been) The flashbacks were REALLY GOOD and important to build up the tensions and everything. And as for the match it felt like I was watching an actual sport match.

I heard they make a lot of money out of this movie and I think they should definitely consider to make:
Fukurodani arc OVA and a Timeskip Season/2-3 OVA episodes becayse I feel like the next movie will only be about Karasuno vs Kamomedai. Overall it was 9/10 for me, insanely good and exciting! But the manga is still 10/10) The grip this series has for me is truly insane! Last but not least, I can't wait for more!
Mar 11, 1:28 PM
Feb 2024
StewieStew93 said:
Since I got a notification for the discussion, I'm just gonna re-write my thoughts here:

I got to watch the Dumpster battle at the premiere day! (Warning: a little spoilers ahead) I could gush about Haikyuu all day because of how personable those characters feel to me (thanks to its great character writing) but I'll just keep this simple:

The movie was GREAT! | CRIED! ( the boy to my left was secretly weeping! As a manga reader the pacing didn't feel rushed to me, I guess it was fine, it's been a while since I read the manga tho, but honestly I always feel like the Karasuno vs Nekoma match would be great in a movie format AND IT DID! The director definitely did a good job and managed to sell the idea that this is a movie quality arc, the OSTs were great (they were always been) The flashbacks were REALLY GOOD and important to build up the tensions and everything. And as for the match it felt like I was watching an actual sport match.

I heard they make a lot of money out of this movie and I think they should definitely consider to make:
Fukurodani arc OVA and a Timeskip Season/2-3 OVA episodes becayse I feel like the next movie will only be about Karasuno vs Kamomedai. Overall it was 9/10 for me, insanely good and exciting! But the manga is still 10/10) The grip this series has for me is truly insane! Last but not least, I can't wait for more!

Totally agree, I really recommend everyone to watch the movie on a big screen. Honestly, it has been a very long time since an anime made me feel this hype, haikyuu just never fails to always get me at the edge of my seat man. I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words but I can confidently say that the first part of Haikyuu duology movie is a HYPE MACHINE, That's probably the best way I could describe it.
Mar 12, 7:13 PM

Mar 2021
I had read all the manga, but had never seen a single episode of the anime, but went to see the movie because of its good reputation.

It was better than I expected and watching it in the movie theater gave me a realistic feeling, such as the scene where the ball was falling. I was so moved at the end that I cried. I think fans of the anime Haikyuu will be more moved.

It was said from the beginning that the screening time was too short, but I think it was just right. I hope that this movie will make a lot of money at the box office and that the next movie, which will be the second half, will be even better.

Mar 13, 12:32 AM
Mar 2024
9/10 for me

This movie got me so hyped! lmao I can't wait for the next one!!!
Mar 21, 6:25 AM

Aug 2015
when does the second movie air? why are they put together if they air different time
Mar 21, 7:22 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
(why are there two eps for this MAL entry?)

just watched the movie in Japan! it was great, very enjoyable and a good post credits scene. maybe one too many flashbacks but it didn’t ruin the experience

8/10! keen for more
Mar 21, 7:26 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
oh i see there’ll actually be another movie
uhh guess i’ll put this on hold for a while?
Mar 21, 10:40 PM

Aug 2015
fucking hype rn! like the old days!

Mar 25, 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
Very good movie for sure. :)
Apr 16, 2:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I was expecting a rushed film but I can assure you that this isn't the one to be worried about. Compared to previous matchups, though, it was certainly on the faster end of the spectrum, but the movie got the main moments across. For those wondering how many chapters the movie adapted, it was roughly 35 chapters, from 291 to 326.

Lots of fabulous and emotional moments throughout the movie. My favourite of the lot was Kenma's POV towards the end of the game, where it felt like you could experience the turbulence and intensity of the game as well as his desire to not let go. Sadly, it ended with that little slip, however. God, that was quite something! Had I been a huge fan of Nekoma, I know I would've balled my eyes for sure there. They really stepped it up with the sakuga animation too. And then Ukai-ojiichan's handshake, no way he didn't want to be there in person on the coaching benches.

It's impressive how it felt like I'd watched a much longer movie, purely because of how detailed the match ended up being, lol. To be honest, I don't even know if that's the right way to put it. But it truly did feel like more than an hour and a half. Kenma breaking his character in the end is a great prize.

If there's one thing I wish the movie expanded on, it would've definitely had to be the second set. Kenma's shutout of Hinata came in like a wrecking ball and I feel it could've used a bit more time to consolidate that. Don't get me wrong, the breakthrough with the help of Kageyama was awesome but it had potential to become even greater! A lot of the first half was not up to standard, in my opinion, relying very heavily on past scenes that have already been covered in the past but it really picked up towards the mid-way point and kept getting better!

Don't forget to tune in for the little teaser after the post-credit scene. Little Giant title up for grabs!

Spyair's new vocalist - maybe because I've heard the theme song already but I think his voice is just as good as Ike-san. There's a subtle difference that is probably discernible but it's still great!

I've concerns regarding the next movie, which will cover around 80 remaining chapters. Yikes! This felt fast and it was only a mere 34 chapters in comparison. I'm hoping it'll be a massive movie but the odds of that are probably low, right? We got a lot of content of Nekoma before the game too so there wasn't too much need to explore them (although leave it to Haikyuu!! to absolutely go beyond and nail that) but I'm afraid that's not going to be the case for the upcoming giants. Nevertheless, here's to hoping Production I.G. will continue to deliver! Haikyuu!! deserves to go out with a bang.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

» Crunchyroll announces worldwide release dates!

Skyings - Apr 9

6 by Shinigami706 »»
11 hours ago

» For those that watched it and read the manga, would you recommend watching it or just read the manga now

rahmed365 - Apr 6

2 by FurySlasher »»
Apr 18, 6:10 AM

» From where will this movie start in the manga?

Shugo-Shana - Apr 11

1 by chrisraicho »»
Apr 13, 6:35 PM

» The movie is listed for 84 min of total run time, how do you feel about this?

Anime_Skaddiel - Jan 26

27 by Ohina1996 »»
Mar 13, 12:30 AM

» I think worrying about the pacing might be a little hyperbolic

novavsen - Jul 10, 2023

28 by Kuraikosama »»
Feb 23, 2:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.