Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 2, 12:39 AM

Mar 2020
Strategy and a flashy fight, with Frieren's fatal flaw revealed...

Strategizing how to fight yourself is certainly an interesting concept, but they finally figured out what Frieren's weakness was, and that is her being unable to detect mana for a split second as she is casting a spell. A minor weakness, but it exists anyway. The fight against the Frieren clone was breathtaking, with great angles, and great colours as well. The flashback scene with Frieren and Serie was nice to see also. It's really nice to see flashbacks that actually mean something even when it cuts away during a fight. With just three episodes left, let's hope for a great end to this exam arc.
Mar 2, 1:50 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Wow. Crazy good. But the fight could have been a bit longer in my opinion!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 2, 2:52 AM
Nov 2022
can the ppl who scored it 1 and 2 tell us why, if I don't like a series I typically drop it by the 3rd episode so how do yall go 25eps and eventually the whole series never liking it?
Mar 2, 3:53 AM
Nov 2016
This show doesn't drop off for a moment. Great stuff
Mar 2, 4:22 AM
Jun 2022
madhouse really outdid themselves with this episode
Mar 2, 4:27 AM

Oct 2018

Oh, You're approaching me?

Best Scene
Mar 2, 4:38 AM

Jun 2016
this is isekai fantasy should be !!!

a masterpiece
Mar 2, 5:20 AM

Feb 2014
We finally know what Frieren's major weakness is, which is that she stops detecting mana for a split second whenever she cast spells. The way that she looked rather embarrassed while admitting this was very cute. Still, it did help to speed up the plan of dealing with the clone, especially with Lawine and Kanne arriving at long last, with Lawine telling everyone about how her brother's squad explored the same dungeon, with most of his squad being killed off.

In the end, Frieren and Fern would take on the Frieren clone, with everyone else staying behind to deal with the clones that're on their way to where their group is. I have to say, even though this has happened many time already, seeing a battle with this level of quality animation never ceases to amaze me. Frieren was also using strong spells against her own clone and the visuals effects of them were incredible.

It also perfectly transitioned into another flashback with Frieren and Serie, shortly after Flamme passed away. Their conversation about how humans would learn and embrace magic was pretty fascinating and it shows how much things have changed within one thousand years. Serie also predicted that either a demon lord or a human mage would kill Frieren, but that didn't stop Frieren from looking on into the horizon, smiling, while hoping that there'll be many new spells to learn and practice with.

After that, it transitioned back to the fight where Fern was able to shoot off her spell, successfully hitting the Frieren clone. Whether it that was enough to defeat the clone or not, we'll have the find out next week. =)
Meta_YoshiMar 2, 5:28 AM
Mar 2, 5:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Not gonna lie, aside from Serie's reflecting upon Flamme's will, the strategy and the peak sakuga that came out of the fight, I really thought they'd pull a mimic to trap Frieren's replica. That'd have been so funny.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 2, 5:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
See, Zolo fans? That's what a one shot negg diff means and nothing of what the Gicci Kitty is dealing with your goat rn.
Mar 2, 7:04 AM
Jun 2007
Ah only Frieren apprentice can "kill" her.
Absolutely crazy fight with two vs one clone.
Mar 2, 7:16 AM

Feb 2016
Fern this episode:
"Nah, I'd win"
Mar 2, 7:31 AM

Sep 2017
You know part of me thought they might use one of the gags as part of Frierens weakness but I'm so glad they didn't. It woulda be kinda dumb and cheapen the impact of this. They leave us with a bit of a cliffhanger as to whether the shot actually killed her. I'm very excited to see how the rest of this plays out.
Mar 2, 7:40 AM
Apr 2023
hope this show end fast
Mar 2, 8:20 AM
Aug 2021
it's amazing how...yet again, I finish a Frieren episode both really excited by the brief yet magnificent strategy/action scene I have just witnessed...but also with eyes full of tears after yet another magnificent remembrance part.

I don't know if it's because I'm in my 40s that the whole past/future generations part of this story gets me so much...but damn this story knows really well how to dig deeper with simple yet powerful philosophy.
Mar 2, 8:22 AM
Aug 2021
NirvashX1 said:
this is isekai fantasy should be !!!

a masterpiece

ermmm this is not Isekai. do you know what Isekai means?
Mar 2, 8:24 AM
Aug 2021
Heiter hangover poses and situations were funny as hell. how come something so silly can make one laugh a lot? hehehe
Mar 2, 8:28 AM

Jan 2022
Sousou no Frieren Episode 25

interesting conversation between Serie and Frieren.

Unlike elves, who can live for almost an eternity, humans can only live for a short span of time. We must all make important decisions at some point in our lives, but due to the mortality of humanity, they cannot afford to delay them.

We learned more about how amazing Flamme was, and how she paved the way to humanity's magic. She has genuinely loved magic since she was a child. She wanted to share the beauty of it with everyone, and she successfully achieved that dream of hers.

It looks like Frieren is enjoying their time in the dungeon. She remembered how her party used to plan and tackle battles together.

The animation of this episode is superb, especially the fight scene.

Mar 2, 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
Too much talking again ;o and if everyone from old party died in this same room then where are the remains of them? skeletons? items? the dungeon is so clean maybe spiegel hired some cleaning lady? :D Bad mistake from author. They could skip the whole planning time screentime

LOL at Heiter ;d how he got to the dungeon like that ;d being moved around by Frieren ?;d

How long that elves live in this anime? never heard of that they live more than 1k years here it seems like they are immortal, but then there are little of them? Who created this magic if even they have to study it from books?

Will this anime end with Frieren being killed by Fern? as she will have to kill both real Frieren and copy?
I mean too many hints have been given in this episode about death of Frieren.. and only 3 episodes left..
It seems unreal that Fern used that split second of time when the copy was casting spell.. and if they didn't show that she died this episode then she likely lives
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 2, 9:01 AM
Jun 2022
Fucking peak! Frieren Fridays hit different. I don't know what I'll do once its over. Probably cry
Mar 2, 9:24 AM
Feb 2022
The construction and the parallel with the past in this anime is amazing, loved it
Mar 2, 10:44 AM
Mar 2019
This show doesn't know how humans talk.
Exposition over dialogue
Mar 2, 10:53 AM
Nov 2023
Serie is a tsundere elf😅😅😅
Mar 2, 11:06 AM
Oct 2023
This episode is so smooth
Mar 2, 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Mainnus
So Heiter is pretty much a dead weight most of the time.

Frieren smiling reminiscing about her past adventures is very heartwarming.
@Mainnus I absolutely died seeing Heiter :D Dude's passed out grey XD Lord

What an insane episode. One of my absolute favorite episodes!

Delivers one of the best lines "Nobody knows how dangerous I am better than me"

Fern gets shit done!
Mar 2, 11:48 AM

Dec 2007
GripeEnthusiast said:
Very happy with this episode. The first half is largely just Frieren and company strategizing on how to beat the replica. Though the fight with the replica isn't too exciting, it's accompanied by Serie's first real scene. Which is the highlight of the episode for me.

You really see the clash of philosophy between Serie and Frieren. Serie is worried about one day being surpassed by another mage. Seeing magic as power. While Frieren is excited that putting magic in the hands of so many people, will only expand magic to strange and wonderous new places. It really makes me want to see how their next interaction will go, presumably at the end of this season.

it's really interesting too, if you think about certain aspects.

Frieren collecting mundane spells, like object finding spells, etc.

Because those were probably created by humans, those are practical spells , made to make things easier and faster, elf's being almost eternal beings probably don't care to create such spells, magic probably evolved in a very specific way just by being handled by humans... like the flower bed spell, an elf probably would wait to find such a field/ or for the flowers to bloom, but a human does not have that time.

It just shows how Frieren was never as apathetic as she seems, she just never considered time that well, I swear the character development is flawless in this anime.
Mar 2, 11:56 AM

Sep 2023
Seems I'm the only one who sees this fight as a disrespect to Frieren with all the build up they showed us about her from Episode 1 and here we see little to no conflict in the fight that ended with a one tap. I was hoping for exciting moments like in Episode 10 with Aura
Mar 2, 12:13 PM
Feb 2024
This episode was amazing! Perfect battle perfect sense of logic, perfect flash back bringing more content about the past, just spetacular!
Mar 2, 12:55 PM

Apr 2022
Oh I loved this episode so much. The flashbacks were all perfectly used, and getting more backstory for Frieren, Flamme, and Serie was great. Some great animation in the fight against the mimic, and the exam party collaborating had some great moments (including some great Frieren reaction faces0. Fern being the one to get Frieren makes total thematic and narrative sense, and just to hammer home the point, we get Serie's ominous "if someone kills you it will be either the Demon King or a human mage"

Great episode, one of the best in a series with an impossibly high bar. Excited to see next weeks episode.
Mar 2, 2:18 PM
Mar 2023
What an AMAZING EPISODE! Shit downright looked like a movie during the fight scene.
Mar 2, 2:59 PM
Aug 2022
the goat does it once again
the serie/frieren call back leading right into fern blowing up frieren is absolutely incredible
Mar 2, 4:46 PM
Dec 2018
Incredible ending. The flashback conversation between Serie and Frieren (and us getting to see a "ghost" of Flamme as an aspiring child-mage with her master Serie, the way Fern once was to her master Frieren) was up there with one of my favorite parts of the show so far. I think Frieren is priming Fern to be a legend the way Serie helped build up Flamme's legend and I am all here for it.

I will say I DO think this arc and its characters are being dragged out for a bit too long, but at least we're getting to know more mages in the universe as a result and there's good character-building.
Mar 2, 5:13 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
Too much talking again ;o and if everyone from old party died in this same room then where are the remains of them? skeletons? items? the dungeon is so clean maybe spiegel hired some cleaning lady? :D Bad mistake from author. They could skip the whole planning time screentime

LOL at Heiter ;d how he got to the dungeon like that ;d being moved around by Frieren ?;d

How long that elves live in this anime? never heard of that they live more than 1k years here it seems like they are immortal, but then there are little of them? Who created this magic if even they have to study it from books?

Will this anime end with Frieren being killed by Fern? as she will have to kill both real Frieren and copy?
I mean too many hints have been given in this episode about death of Frieren.. and only 3 episodes left..
It seems unreal that Fern used that split second of time when the copy was casting spell.. and if they didn't show that she died this episode then she likely lives
@Thyriad-oPPailov

...You realize this is based on an ongoing manga? The current episode was around chapter 55 of the manga, the last manga chapter in Japan was 126 or so.
We are not even halfway through the available source material and the manga is far from nearing any kind of end.
This season will end with the mage exam results and then continue in season 2 in a few years.
Mar 2, 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
The flashback was very much needed, it cleared a lot of confusion some of us had.

The fight left me speechless, that's how good it is, even though it was short, the animation of it was downright insane. I kept watching it again and again. Madhouse cooked. Actual cinema.
Mar 2, 7:56 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to Faisal-Abdulhadi
Seems I'm the only one who sees this fight as a disrespect to Frieren with all the build up they showed us about her from Episode 1 and here we see little to no conflict in the fight that ended with a one tap. I was hoping for exciting moments like in Episode 10 with Aura
Faisal-Abdulhadi said:
If you like ep 10 then you should know that the whole point of that ep was to deceive your opponent(demons mainly) by suppressing the mana and you already know how it ended.

I'm not a manga reader and this episode doesn't 100 confirms that the clone is dead but let us assume that the clone is dead and Fern kill it.

>The anime has been hyping up Fern since ep 1-2 where it shows that even Frieren can't detect fern if she supress her mana and that was baby Fern who can't even shoot Zoltraak properly at that time.
> Ep 8 she surprise attack Lugner when he was talking to Stark and even Linie wasn't able to detect her mana even though Linie was specialized in mana detection.
> Ep 9 Fern said she dedicated most of her life for magic and Frieren said that Fern can shoot Zoltraak faster than her and She absolutely destroyed Lugner.
> Ep 10 Fern was actually supressing her mana all this time that's why he thought Fern was weak.
> Ep 18 Fern was the youngest mage who passed the third class mage exam with full marks.
> Ep 19 Fern already capture Stille bird even before Frieren and she was fast enough to block Wirbel's attack in close range and she was highly instructed by Frieren to use only basic magic because it was enough for this era of mage.
> Ep 20 Fern defeated Ehre without even moving because she was using Zoltraak as saturation attack same way Qual was using against them in ep 3 but the difference is that Fern attack was faster. Then when Wirbel was about to kill Übel she goes there and stops Wirbel and Wirbel said he wasn't able to detect Fern mana.
> Ep 23 Sense said that Fern is the most talented mage she has ever seen.

Now finally ep 25 in this ep they got to know that Frieren has one weakness that is whenever she casts a spell for a spilt second she can't detect anyone that meaning during that spilt second even if someone attack her she won't be able to do anything. The first half of ep they were making stragety to use that weakness. During the fight Frieren already knew that the clone won't attack Fern first because Frieren is there and she said "No one knows how dangerous I am more than myself" during that time Frieren wasn't using any spell and leave herself open so that clone can attack her. New Flashback and Serie said that if someone will defeat Frieren than it would be either Demon king or a Human mage and suddenly we are shown Fern shooting Zoltraak and since Frieren was not using any spell she was able to dodge that attack but clone wasn't.

You should already know that Frieren anime is not mainly about fight that's why it doesn't have long fight they get straight to point and their plan in this fight was also really good.
Mar 2, 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
So it' not using MIMIC lol

Fern: NAH I'D WIN!!

Bruhh that cliffhanger made me scream: FCK OFF!!!!
Mar 2, 11:38 PM
Oct 2016
You know that time is limited for us now... You better work it or deal with it. No running away is gonna make you satisfied anymore
Mar 2, 11:40 PM
Nov 2023
Great as usual. Fantastic magic battles
Mar 3, 1:06 AM
Sep 2017
Another beautiful episode. Masterful storytelling.

A demonstration that you don't need a multi-episode charge-up sequence, or a long fight, to make a fight meaningful and impactful. (Instead you just need half an episode of flashbacks, lol.)

My heart melted for young Flamme. This quote stood out to me: "To me, her life was so short as to be practically nothing, and yet she became the founder of humanity's magic."

It ties into the common theme that humans can accomplish great things despite their imperfections, weaknesses, and smallness. Serie points out that perhaps their closeness to death in fact helps them do so. And this story about Flamme illustrates the beauty and glory of such accomplishments. It made me pause and consider afresh the idea of ambition and doing something big and meaningful with my life. Is there anything meaningful I want to accomplish in my life, any impact I wish to leave with my life, despite its smallness and its setbacks and shortcomings?
SelionMar 3, 1:22 AM
Mar 3, 1:23 AM
Jun 2019
The direction, music, build-up and payoff. Just perfect.
This Is Nexus Neon And Thank You for Reading this
Mar 3, 3:54 AM
Feb 2024
This is amazing..the visual, sound, flashback its so good 🔥🔥
Mar 3, 6:04 AM

May 2015
Little Flamme being cute as hell!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
I do wonder how Frieren caught Laufen when she stops detecting mana while casting tho. Unless it was purely by reflex/ the spell she cast was too low level to disable her detection
Mar 3, 8:44 AM
Sep 2021
Magical, amazing & a wonderful episode, had good animation, the feels really hits hard, beautiful message all in one episode. Sad that only 3 episodes remain for the end of the season.
Mar 3, 9:16 AM
Feb 2022
lol i want to puke in a 30 year ole one-san ahhhh
Mar 3, 9:26 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to removed-user
I do wonder how Frieren caught Laufen when she stops detecting mana while casting tho. Unless it was purely by reflex/ the spell she cast was too low level to disable her detection
@FoodstampDayo This gap lasts literally a second and the spell she wanted to "kill" Denken was already in the form and waiting to be fired.
Mar 3, 9:38 AM

Apr 2021
Fern has conquered the impossible and will accomplish more things in her life.
Mar 3, 11:47 AM
Dec 2016
The best show ever hands down. Pure masterpiece.
Mar 3, 1:56 PM

Apr 2012
So, Frieren is not only a chthonic “monster” whose strength is monstrous, she literally lived even before the formation of human civilization and was even glad that she lived to fulfill the formal prophecy of another ancient elf that someday only a human could kill her? Whoa.

@AlexGK @i_want_to_escape I miss the days when comical bash brothers characters didn't get instant labels about their sexuality. I can't imagine what these two girls have to do right now without people interpreting it in a certain direction.
RobertBobertMar 3, 2:04 PM
Mar 3, 2:56 PM
May 2022
The character development and pacing is incredible. Obviously Frieren and Fern's defeating the Frieren 'mindless' character and the the flashback to Frieren's and Serie's conversation about a human mage were both milestone events. I can't wait for the next episode :)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which mage would you rather have as your mentor?

Moonshine_cookie - Apr 30

29 by i-Savage »»
1 hour ago

» Land: Anime’s Greatest Glasses-Kun

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

10 by PeeBeeBoi »»
2 hours ago

» Does frieren remind you of anything TV SHOW GAME ETC.

mydaddy - Apr 28

28 by AlirezYU »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

527 by nanajp »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

573 by SkullBug »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.