Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Reply to Lucifrost
@Touka
MAL encouraged us to nominate manga unlicensed in our own region, saying that any manga making the list may be more likely to be licensed in the future. I tried to nominate a newly translated retro manga, and it disappoints me greatly that the final list does not have a single title that ended before this decade. Such manga may not be new to the world, but they are new to those people who do not understand Japanese!
@Lucifrost Aye, that makes sense. I just found it a little misleading since, although the article is promoting licensed manga, there's not really any indication where exactly each series is licensed. An overwhelming majority seem to be available in English so perhaps that thought they don't need to, but that's why Usuzumi no Hate took me by surprise. I do agree with your latter remark, also. I think it would be good to at least have a category for older manga, especially nowadays where a lot of classics and cult hits are being brought over for the first time. Although perhaps not enough people are writing about such manga. Kineta said it was hard to pick between comments, so I assume the most popular submissions steal the focus. I've written submissions for a lesser known manga both years this has been running, but I suspect I might be the only person advocating for it. Needless to say, it didn't get a mention.
ToukaFeb 26, 8:46 AM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 26, 8:36 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to AddaeAkono
Hmm. Last year I read 100 Girlfriends which I liked, but this year has a good mangas to choose from. Right now I'm deciding on whether I should read Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You, Blue Box, Sakamoto Days, or Dandadan.

There's also a bunch of mangas listed in the stack that already have anime adaptions aired such as Vanitas no Karte, Heavenly Delusion, "Oshi no Ko", Tenshura, The Apothecary Diaries, The Dangers in My Heart, Skip to Loafer, Mieruko-chan, Given, Ao Ashi, and Dark Gathering.
@AddaeAkono why not read all, problem solved
Wake up to REALITY!!
Feb 26, 8:46 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Touka
@Lucifrost Aye, that makes sense. I just found it a little misleading since, although the article is promoting licensed manga, there's not really any indication where exactly each series is licensed. An overwhelming majority seem to be available in English so perhaps that thought they don't need to, but that's why Usuzumi no Hate took me by surprise. I do agree with your latter remark, also. I think it would be good to at least have a category for older manga, especially nowadays where a lot of classics and cult hits are being brought over for the first time. Although perhaps not enough people are writing about such manga. Kineta said it was hard to pick between comments, so I assume the most popular submissions steal the focus. I've written submissions for a lesser known manga both years this has been running, but I suspect I might be the only person advocating for it. Needless to say, it didn't get a mention.
Touka said:
although the article is promoting licensed manga, there's not really any indication where exactly each series is licensed.

That information can be found in the stack.
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/41944
その目だれの目?
Feb 26, 8:46 AM

Apr 2015
Will give it a try. Not sure yet which one I will read...
Feb 26, 8:49 AM

Aug 2020
i have 3 exams tomorrow :3 instead i am out here reading manga
Feb 26, 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
Reply to Lucifrost
Touka said:
although the article is promoting licensed manga, there's not really any indication where exactly each series is licensed.

That information can be found in the stack.
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/41944
@Lucifrost That's on me, then! Although such information wouldn't go amiss in the main article.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 26, 9:07 AM

Jun 2020
I dont get this challenge? How do they keep track of the manga volumes I have read in order to get the badge? Does the read manga chapters only matter once Ive clicked on the stack icon or when the challenge started on February 25th? What if I read manga on the list beyond 2 volumes before this challenge started, do they not count now? Cause I have read beyond 2 volumes of Slime, Apothecary, Heavenly before the challenge appeared and they appear on the list.
TechnopunkFeb 26, 9:14 AM

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Feb 26, 9:30 AM

Oct 2022
My regards on the 2024 endeavors.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Feb 26, 9:30 AM

Jul 2023
Been enjoying the hell out of The Dangers in My Heart anime, so this gives me the perfect excuse to read it.

Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You looking tasty, too. I'd be lying if I said the name didn't sell me on it, though lmao. This is actually a pretty nice selection this time around!
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Feb 26, 9:54 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Can we read something that didn't make it to the final selection, or is it only the titles left in there that we can read?
Feb 26, 10:39 AM

Mar 2019
Yay! I love events I will try this one, I wanted to read something new
Feb 26, 10:54 AM
Apr 2018
I will read "Kono Oto Tomare!" <3
Feb 26, 11:02 AM

Aug 2015
This challenge will be a good starting point for reading Tongari Boushi no Atelier. Let's read it! ^^
Feb 26, 12:16 PM

Feb 2021
Thanks for the challenge! I already read Given and Kimi no Sekai ni Koi wa Nai. Add them again then.
Feb 26, 12:35 PM

Feb 2023
Don't Call It Mystery seems interesting. I think I'll read that one.
Feb 26, 12:38 PM

Apr 2020
hope this time my "add to stack" worked, i was upset last year when found out i read enough manga volumes of what i chose, but the stack button didnt work so i couldnt get badge then
Feb 26, 2:18 PM

Feb 2018
How fun, I'm really getting into badge events lately!
I've had In the Clear Moonlit Dusk on my TBR for a while now, and seeing it on the list finally made me read it. And hello? Why didnt I read it sooner. It was great (Cant wait for more volumes to come out, my romance era is going strong !!)

Feb 26, 2:21 PM

Jul 2021
A nice new badge and some manga to read thank you. Ive been needing to read more manga.

Feb 26, 2:24 PM

Apr 2023
Selamın aleyküm I don't understand anything. Do they want us to read the 2 manga they chose? How long do we have?
Feb 26, 2:25 PM

Nov 2017
I guess this is a good excuse to read some new manga...
Feb 26, 3:30 PM
Dec 2021
Dumb question - if a manga is already in my TBR list, will it still count if I begin reading it?
Feb 26, 4:27 PM

Jan 2024
Ouuu i was already going to read a few of those manga, so this works out pretty well
Feb 26, 4:37 PM
Mar 2018
I really like these events
Feb 26, 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
This looks interesting.
Feb 26, 7:11 PM

Mar 2019
Guess I’ll finally start Sakamoto Days
Feb 26, 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
That's neato
talk smack about battle shonen and i'll catch ya outside, funnyboy.
Feb 27, 12:22 AM

Oct 2018
series marked from PTR to reading count?

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘫𝘢𝘺
Feb 27, 1:03 AM

Nov 2021
Reading Time
Feb 27, 1:57 AM

Aug 2020
Technopunk said:
I dont get this challenge? How do they keep track of the manga volumes I have read in order to get the badge? Does the read manga chapters only matter once Ive clicked on the stack icon or when the challenge started on February 25th? What if I read manga on the list beyond 2 volumes before this challenge started, do they not count now? Cause I have read beyond 2 volumes of Slime, Apothecary, Heavenly before the challenge appeared and they appear on the list.

I actually don’t know, I’m just speculating here based in computer programming, probably the system do something like this:
- By the end date it checks from those that had stacked the challenge
- Then it will cross the mangas from the stack and your list, if found any, it will check first the Start Date and that must be Feb 25th or after
- If the Start Date is before Feb 25th that entry will not count towards the challenge
- Else (i.e., Start Date >= Feb 25th), it checks the number of Volumes Read from that entry, and if it has 2 or more then you get the badge.

Kinda simple programing for that, most difficult part is probably crossing the stack list and your entry, checking is the easiest part.

FOR each ENTRY in (STACK and USER.list) DO {
     IF (ENTRY.Start Date >= Feb 25th) THEN { 
          IF (ENTRY.Volumes Read >= 2) THEN {
               USER.getBagde()
               END FOR
          }
     }
}

Not that simple, but something like this

So, answering your objective question. Those volumes you’ve read before the challenge (here I mean, in your manga entry the start date is after Feb 25th) then no, they will not count for the challenge, you’ll have to start a new one.

@Kloudlessky and @memorycloud
I can’t know for sure, but that’s a good question.
Based on the statement I’ve wrote above, if the manga is in your PTR you probably didn’t update the field Start Date so, when you start reading this, and update that field (manually) it will count towards the challenge. Hope someone from the staff can confirm that for us.

🎃 My MALoween Candy 2023 🎃

Feb 27, 3:28 AM

Jul 2013
I didn’t want to start a publishing manga, so whoever recommended Isho, Koukai, thank you. Definitely helped that it was only 9 volumes, and it has a similar vibe to the Dark Maidens, which I recently read. Overall, a really nice read for 50 chapters, and I don’t have to stress myself about the 360 chapters Ao Ashi has (though I do need to start it one day).
Feb 27, 3:38 AM

Jul 2019
Nice! I'll try to read at least two new mangas this time.
Feb 27, 3:57 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to alucinotronic
Technopunk said:

I actually don’t know, I’m just speculating here based in computer programming, probably the system do something like this:
- Then it will cross the mangas from the stack and your list, if found any, it will check first the Start Date and that must be Feb 25th or after
- If the Start Date is before Feb 25th that entry will not count towards the challenge
- Else (i.e., Start Date >= Feb 25th), it checks the number of Volumes Read from that entry, and if it has 2 or more then you get the badge.

Kinda simple programing for that, most difficult part is probably crossing the stack list and your entry, checking is the easiest part.

USER.getBagde()
               END FOR
          }
     }
}

So, answering your objective question. Those volumes you’ve read before the challenge (here I mean, in your manga entry the start date is after Feb 25th) then no, they will not count for the challenge, you’ll have to start a new one.

Based on the statement I’ve wrote above, if the manga is in your PTR you probably didn’t update the field Start Date so, when you start reading this, and update that field (manually) it will count towards the challenge. Hope someone from the staff can confirm that for us.
@alucinotronic thank you for your input, I'll try that! :3
Feb 27, 4:18 AM
May 2023
Reply to AddaeAkono
Hmm. Last year I read 100 Girlfriends which I liked, but this year has a good mangas to choose from. Right now I'm deciding on whether I should read Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You, Blue Box, Sakamoto Days, or Dandadan.

There's also a bunch of mangas listed in the stack that already have anime adaptions aired such as Vanitas no Karte, Heavenly Delusion, "Oshi no Ko", Tenshura, The Apothecary Diaries, The Dangers in My Heart, Skip to Loafer, Mieruko-chan, Given, Ao Ashi, and Dark Gathering.
@AddaeAkono "Behind the supermarket with you" is a MUST if you like calming romance. Legit caught up within 2 sittings.
Feb 27, 4:52 AM

Apr 2023
27 feb finally caught up to the latest chapter of Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai(ngl never thought I would read all the chapters in 1 day)
Wake up to REALITY!!
Feb 27, 5:00 AM

Sep 2008
Available in Polish:
Tongari Boushi no Atelier (Atelier spiczastych kapeluszy by Kotori)
Super no Ura de Yani Suu Futari (by Studio JG)
Blue Period (by Waneko)
Gachiakuta (by Studio JG)
Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu (Lato, kiedy umarł Hikaru by Studio JG)
Toshokan no Daimajutsushi (Wielki Strażnik Biblioteki by Studio JG)
Vanitas no Karte (Księga Vanitasa by Waneko)
Yomi no Tsugai (Kontraduety z zaświatów by J.P.Fantastica)
Tengoku Daimakyou (Złudne niebo by Waneko)
Hiraeth wa Tabiji no Hate (Hiraeth. Na spotkanie śmierci by Studio JG)
Seibetsu "Mona Lisa" no Kimi e. (by Studio JG)
Bless (by Waneko)
Sakamoto Days (by Studio JG)
Choujin X (by Waneko)
Dai Dark (by Studio JG)
Marriagetoxin (by Waneko)
Witch Watch (by Studio JG)
Dandadan (by Studio JG)
Ao no Hako (Niebieskie pudełko by Waneko)
"Oshi no Ko" (Moja gwiazda by Studio JG)
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (Odrodzony jako galareta by J.P.Fantastica)
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (Zapiski zielarki by Studio JG)
Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu (Czarne chmury w moim sercu by Dango)
Skip to Loafer (by Kotori)
Mieruko-chan (Mieruko-chan. Dziewczyna, która widzi więcej by Studio JG)
Wind Breaker (by Studio JG)
Yubisaki to Renren (Znaki naszych uczuć by Studio JG)
Given (by Kotori)
LittleStarMar 1, 7:26 AM
Feb 27, 5:31 AM

Sep 2018
Nice! Another excuse to read manga.
🍓 いちごゴス少年 🍓
Feb 27, 6:17 AM
Feb 2022
Oh yes, I was waiting for this, time to read some manga, I already read Oshi no Ko, a shame, there are several mangas of some animes that I saw so I might read some of those, I don't know... I might also read something new
On the other hand... How did they read suggestions? Could the suggestions be submitted? NOBODY TOLD ME THAT? How is it done? I want to suggest something next year

Feb 27, 6:48 AM
Jul 2012
Great list. Lots of chill to read. Awesome

Feb 27, 7:12 AM

Dec 2017
Been wanting to start reading Sakamoto Days for a while, so I'm going to give it a try now because of this >:)
Feb 27, 7:37 AM

Nov 2016
Oh, I was actually planning to read Dai Dark next anyways and it's on this list too so I guess that's what I'm reading this year with the challenge in mind. And I'm happy to see this challenge around this year too, I think it's a really fun idea.
Feb 27, 8:15 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Reply to ZoeEbe
Oh yes, I was waiting for this, time to read some manga, I already read Oshi no Ko, a shame, there are several mangas of some animes that I saw so I might read some of those, I don't know... I might also read something new
On the other hand... How did they read suggestions? Could the suggestions be submitted? NOBODY TOLD ME THAT? How is it done? I want to suggest something next year

@ZoeEbe There were banners and emails advertising the nominations for around one month :')
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2135097
Feb 27, 8:17 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Reply to SehriZade
Selamın aleyküm I don't understand anything. Do they want us to read the 2 manga they chose? How long do we have?
@SehriZade Please read the step-by-step instructions under "How to Participate in the Stack Challenge".
Feb 27, 8:18 AM

Oct 2019
already added,
I can't wait to read it
Feb 27, 8:18 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Reply to Klefki_of_Awsome
Can we read something that didn't make it to the final selection, or is it only the titles left in there that we can read?
@Klefki_of_Awsome You must read one of the titles in the Stack. Please be sure to follow the directions in "How to Participate in the Stack Challenge" closely if you'd like to receive the badge.
Feb 27, 8:24 AM
Jul 2016
Turns out I had two manga in here that I read but didn't catalog already (Double and Isho, Koukai). Turns out I also read them both on February 9th, 2023 lmao.
Feb 27, 8:37 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Kineta
@ZoeEbe There were banners and emails advertising the nominations for around one month :')
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2135097
@Kineta Ahh yap, I didn't see them
I still don't know how to use MyAnimeList very well, I only know how to touch the buttons they put there from time to time (photo below)

I have already said it a couple of times in certain comments, but I speak Spanish, I love this page but I don't understand most of it
Feb 27, 9:15 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to alucinotronic
Technopunk said:

USER.getBagde()
               END FOR
          }
     }
}

@alucinotronic Thank you for the clarification.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Feb 27, 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
All the titles in the stack look so good! Gonna be hard to pick one.
Feb 27, 11:38 AM
Sep 2020
Feb 27, 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Looked through the list, not really interested in any of those. I've been reading Villainess Level 99 though and really enjoy it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - 7 hours ago

0 by Kineta »»
7 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.