Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 1:59 AM

Dec 2023
Normally women dominate romantic genres, but something tells me anime is the one medium where Yaoi would be more popular. Which do you prefer?
lezbifriendsFeb 23, 2:03 AM
Girls like girls.
Feb 23, 2:01 AM

Feb 2020
Yuri for the win.

<3

SerafosFeb 23, 2:15 AM
Feb 23, 2:02 AM

Mar 2008
I don't know. You could just look at revenue in manga and anime. Not really anything to discuss here unless someone actually knows.

I'd rather watch Yuri but Ive been watching BL lately too.
Feb 23, 2:03 AM

Dec 2021
Here's a hot take, one I know people aren't going to agree with. But...

...and honestly, I love them both equally.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 23, 2:08 AM

May 2019
Yuri all the way, i love anime girls kissing and hugging.

Feb 23, 2:09 AM

Sep 2016
Yuri ofc, the more girls the better, sadly there are only a few good ones.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 23, 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
I'm not against Yaoi but as a male I naturally just shy away from it.
Feb 23, 2:13 AM

Dec 2018
I want girl-on-girl 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

If they are sisters even better Hehehehehehe 😎😎😎😎😎

Lesbian incest is wincest after all,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Feb 23, 2:20 AM

Jan 2021
Both are shit and trash. Straight romance all the way.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 23, 2:38 AM

Mar 2012
According to MAL's DB there are 174 BL anime but only 109 GL anime. Similarly with manga there are 10,118 BL but only 1,691 GL. BL is clearly dominating.

As for me I don't prefer either, based on my experience GL is slightly better than BL but still both are shit filled with toxic relationships where rape and abuse is romanticized and developing Stockholm Syndrome is considered as "coming out", I prefer straight romance, there's more variety with that.
Feb 23, 2:44 AM

Feb 2021
No winners here as someone like yuri, some like yaoi. I prefer BL works.
Feb 23, 2:47 AM

Jan 2009
yuri i prefer because im a simple man
Feb 23, 2:50 AM

Aug 2021
I like them both, but I prefer yuri.

Yuri is masterpiece.

Feb 23, 2:56 AM

Aug 2018
im afraid i might awaken something deep within me and i prefer that not to happen so yeah yuri all the way
still having great time with my stuff
Feb 23, 3:22 AM

Feb 2011
In electrical and mechanical trades and manufacturing, each half of a pair of mating connectors or fasteners is conventionally assigned the designation male or female. The female connector is generally a receptacle that receives and holds the male connector.

Most electrical connectors have a gender – i.e. the male component, called a plug, connects to the female component, or socket.

What are you going to do with 2 sockets or 2 plugs?
Feb 23, 3:25 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Shizuna
In electrical and mechanical trades and manufacturing, each half of a pair of mating connectors or fasteners is conventionally assigned the designation male or female. The female connector is generally a receptacle that receives and holds the male connector.

Most electrical connectors have a gender – i.e. the male component, called a plug, connects to the female component, or socket.

@Tiosar, modify them according to a purpose.
Feb 23, 3:29 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Shizuna

@Tiosar 2 sockets work if one is turned axially by 90° degrees, 2 plugs don't work unless they use the "alternative socket" alternatingly.

ZarutakuFeb 23, 11:59 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 23, 11:34 AM

Dec 2023
I prefer Yaoi/BL but I still enjoy some yuri and GL as well BL is just my usual preference though haha
Feb 23, 11:41 AM

Mar 2023
Yuri since i'm a straight male. But i will occasionally like stories with yaoi elements as long as the romance is not the only focus.
Feb 23, 11:55 AM

Jul 2021
both are literally same with just changed appearances.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 23, 2:15 PM

Oct 2017
I like both since I just like queer romance stories. Also shoutout to bara
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 23, 7:29 PM

Oct 2022
I like gay romance but prefer Yuri more often because it focuses on the sweeter parts of romance and the pretty characters enhance the mood much more.
Personally I find characters in BL are usually unappealing. wish they would make a BL anime with Felix in it, I'd totally watch that every day!
Feb 23, 7:49 PM

Sep 2022
I don't specifically like any of them but I rarely will watch a yuri anime but would never watch a yaoi anime.

So I guess I prefer yuri.
Feb 23, 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
I like both since I just like queer romance stories. Also shoutout to bara
@LSSJ_Gaming
Weirdly bara is just a Western English speaking term. Japanese don't use it that way as far as I could find.

There seems to be quite a few cases of stuff like this in the English speaking fandoms like shoujo-ai and shounen-ai not being Japanese broad terms for same sex romances.
Feb 23, 10:33 PM

Jun 2017
Both are great! Unfortunately Yaoi is usually better written because often female characters (in anime) are seen as accessoires.
I can't say I've seen a great queer anime though, everything I watched has been too afraid to followthrough with the better story.
Feb 24, 12:04 AM
Jan 2024
Between those option, I would choose yaoi, and I am straight. idk why, but Yuri never interested me in entertaining media or any sexual media. I need at lest a male in the group, or I just don't bother watching it.
Feb 24, 8:49 AM

Jun 2020
Yaoi, more Bara leaning. Do not like stereotypical yaoi with freakish character proportions.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Feb 24, 8:59 AM
Aug 2018
I prefer Yaoi/ Shonen Ai, I'm a woman an I like to read about two hot Guys, who are kissing each other.And of corse the S*x scene are really good

My favorite subgroup of the BL Genre is Omegaverse

I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany
Feb 24, 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Romaki
Both are great! Unfortunately Yaoi is usually better written because often female characters (in anime) are seen as accessoires.
I can't say I've seen a great queer anime though, everything I watched has been too afraid to followthrough with the better story.
@Romaki, yes, you are right. And guys there usually are drawn perfectly. That is partly why I prefer to read BL works, story is also important for me of course without any doubts.
Feb 24, 9:10 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Hanyou07
I prefer Yaoi/ Shonen Ai, I'm a woman an I like to read about two hot Guys, who are kissing each other.And of corse the S*x scene are really good

My favorite subgroup of the BL Genre is Omegaverse

I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany
@Hanyou07 I don't think Yaoi would be popular if two dudes weren't good looking

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
12 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

48 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

22 by FanofAction »»
19 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

8 by TheMechaManiac »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.