Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2010 11:58 PM

Mar 2008
So, Key has done something they don't usually do: giving the Bromantic Foil a girl of his own and a potential Good End.

So the most Genki Girl is paralyzed in real-world? Ayu from Kanon springs to mind.

The problem with this series is that Maeda is splitting his time between composing and storywriting. As a result, the music is breathtakingly gorgeous (and made me into an even harder fan of GirlDeMo), but the story takes a massive hit.

Granted, this is a heartwarming story, but since there're 3 eps left, the story takes a turn for the abnormal to deal with everyone at once to prevent messy one-episode-at-a-time people reaching their Nirvana. I sense a major cop-out.

4/5, got spoiled a little bit, kinda disappointed, but still heartwarming.
Jun 4, 2010 11:59 PM

Jan 2010
ROMANCE.
It just wouldn't be a Key anime without it.
Wafu~ !
Jun 5, 2010 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
Nice approach I guess, just wondering how Yuri is going to take it all known that Otanashi is working with Kanade =X
Jun 5, 2010 12:06 AM

May 2010
Great episode! i got a little sad at the end.

So that was just them imagining that they would hopefully meet in the real world or did they change their fate through helping each other?

Also apparently he doesn't mind helping Otanashi getting people to disappear which makes his job a little more easier.
Jun 5, 2010 12:22 AM

Jun 2009
OMG I cried TT___TT
Yui x Hinata <3
I wasn't expecting something like that,I really really cried
Angel Beats! is one of the best anime in 2010 anime...!!

T.K was awesome lol xD
and I really appreciate Otanashi and Tenshi for doing this TT___TT
Finally,everyone will be happy... or not? Well, it depends on the finale.However only 3 episodes left and i don't think that they will end the anime properly.Maybe there should be a second season xD
サービスサービス
Jun 5, 2010 12:40 AM

Nov 2007
Well, that was random. Suddenly they like each other enough to want to marry each other? Whatever.

Poor Angel Beats!, it aspires to be so much and yet never quite hits the mark.
Jun 5, 2010 12:49 AM

Apr 2010
---------------------------- -- --

she vanished.. already.. T_t....
i thought they would kissed.. T_t.
Jun 5, 2010 12:54 AM

May 2010
@arden_ruales

I will be surprised if they don't put one in...

renji59 said:
Psychodrake said:
SurferDude said:
supersayen said:
They never said how Yui died did they?

They never said how ANYONE is dead (unless I'm wrong ?).

That's because they're not dead. This episode practically confirms the coma/gameworld/whatever theory that's been going on.

I can see it going this way now. Iwasawa was never really shown dying, though she does say she died. Otonashi seems to be the only one we've seen die, even then he may have just gone crazy unconcious but I'm not sure. The rest are still undisclosed.

Its pretty obvious that they will never reveal their deaths..

Besides Otonashi's, so far I agree with you.

This also gives me the idea that Hinata seems to understand everything that is going on. He did say he had a lot of people to look over at. He was also the protagonist of the prequel.
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jun 5, 2010 12:57 AM

Jan 2010
Could the shadow be....

"GOD"?

:O

Or

"Something from GOD"?

:O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2010 12:59 AM

May 2010
Oh yeah... Completely forgot about the shadow dude/dudette/it... (IDK) Noda wasn't sure what he sliced through either so yeah.

Kamijou Touma
Jun 5, 2010 1:07 AM

May 2010
ilkim094 said:
OMG I cried TT___TT
Yui x Hinata <3
I wasn't expecting something like that,I really really cried
Angel Beats! is one of the best anime in 2010 anime...!!

T.K was awesome lol xD
and I really appreciate Otanashi and Tenshi for doing this TT___TT
Finally,everyone will be happy... or not? Well, it depends on the finale.However only 3 episodes left and i don't think that they will end the anime properly.Maybe there should be a second season xD

Let's just hope there's a huge cliffhanger in the end of the thirteenth episode. Because

Kamijou Touma
Jun 5, 2010 1:37 AM

Dec 2007
I hate you, Key.

I have to go out but I can't stop crying.
Jun 5, 2010 1:38 AM
Oct 2009
Only 2 people have disappear I think and they were both singers o_O
Are they trying to give other voice actors time to shine?
Jun 5, 2010 1:41 AM

Oct 2009
oh man. i used be all like 'fuck yui, you're so damn annoying' but now you find out about her past and she disappears, i cried so damn hard, i actually want her back /OTL hinata was so sweet, i hope they do meet again soon and have their dreams of being together soon D: i love otanashi and kanade for doing all that ;w;

HINATAxYUI <3
Jun 5, 2010 1:46 AM

Feb 2008
;AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA; - Even if Hinata's confession came out of nowhere. ;A;

Also, does anyone else think the title of the episode is a reference to the YUI song?
Jun 5, 2010 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
The ending kinda confused me. I'm guessing right before you disappear, the ideal life you were denied flashes before you? Or something like that?

Also, while I'm not the type to cry at anime (but there's always a first time for everything!), I'd be lying if the whole Yui's backstory + Hinata's confession/description of what their life would've been like business didn't melt this nerd's ice-encased heart just a bit.
Ha-cha!
Jun 5, 2010 2:25 AM

Dec 2007
What a sad episode =( Yui~ miss you~

I wonder who it was at the end of the episode o,o
Jun 5, 2010 2:30 AM

Nov 2009
At the scene of Yui in her bed they show this picture:

The Dinosaur and dog are both form air
Jun 5, 2010 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
f*** dude this episode broke my heart :'(

but doesn't this mean that Yui recognised that she isn't dead?:)
told ya,she's in a coma :),same fo every single other character in this,maybe except for Kanade

5/5,Angel Beats is a masterpiece
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 5, 2010 2:40 AM
May 2009
For that episode alone, Angel Beats' score is increased by 1 point.
Jun 5, 2010 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
Kanade-chan - that was Buka, obviously :)
Jun 5, 2010 2:50 AM
Jan 2010
It was quite clear that Yui and Hinata had feelings for each others. The romance didn't come out of nowhere, though a small buildup would have been nice.
Jun 5, 2010 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
ShibuyaRiver said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
-Planning to kill Yui? CONFIRMED FOR BEST EPISODE EVER!

Tenshi is also further proving my 'Starcraft' player joke, but that new Hand Sonic technique was more like the Zerg than the Protoss.

As soon as i saw tenshi with hand sonic, the first thing that came to mind were
'Are those zealot Psi-blades?' I'm being serous.

Bye bye Yui

WOOOOP TK
Jun 5, 2010 2:56 AM
Mar 2009
I'm glad Yui's gone 'cause I didn't like her very much. But this episode was pretty sad and I liked it. Especially the end when Hinata arrives ;_;
Devil in the details
Jun 5, 2010 2:59 AM

Nov 2009
clannad4ever said:

told ya,she's in a coma :),same fo every single other character in this,maybe except for Kanade

I don't think there all in coma we saw Otonashidie didn't we?
Jun 5, 2010 3:01 AM

May 2010
lobkestar said:
clannad4ever said:

But what if Otonashi really survived his bleeding and lies in coma or just unconscious on bed?
Jun 5, 2010 3:05 AM

Nov 2009
lobkestar said:
Technosound said:
lobkestar said:
clannad4ever said:

But what if Otonashi really survived his bleeding and lies in coma or just unconscious on bed?
That would be realy great :O

But i don't think thats gone happend but where watching something from key so you never now whats gone happend :P
Jun 5, 2010 3:05 AM

May 2010
Hahha, at least this series has something unpredictable
Jun 5, 2010 3:12 AM

May 2010
Heh, this might sound weird. The part that got me the most was seeing Yui's mother shedding a tear of happiness. For some reason, I fully understand what it is as a parent to see your child having a friend/lover even if he/she has a handicap. That was the most beautiful part of it for me. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2010 3:16 AM

Jan 2010
lobkestar said:
lobkestar said:
Technosound said:
lobkestar said:
clannad4ever said:

But i don't think thats gone happend but where watching something from key so you never now whats gone happend :P

actually i think that this is 80% probable now :)...
remember when we found out that Otonashi had a train crash and everyone thought that's how he died,and then it was revealed that he survived?
why wouldn't this be possible again...it's not like the doctors came to him and said...this dude is dead
i'm imagining that he was saved and now he's in a coma because of the wounds...

and people who thought that the images with Yui and Hinata walking together were from their past....you really don't understand this show do you?:p
the animators just showed Yui's imagination there
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 5, 2010 3:25 AM

Feb 2009
yeah cant read 7 pages of comments (plus im to lazy to if i could) but
kinda sad yui is gone, i found her ammusing (i can say that now, since the haters found something else to hate since she isnt there anymore)
but one thing i wish that was different is...
that she didnt dissappear, but she stayed, and hinata had to put up with being "married" to yui
i would have lol as much as some TK scenes =P
Jun 5, 2010 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
This episode is very Key style:Tragic past ,crying moment with full granted wish Yui and her dissapear.....
Jun 5, 2010 3:42 AM

May 2010
Pretty good episode.

The scenes with Kanade were nice as usual. <3

Yui disappeared right when I actually started not to get annoy.. to like her. The German supplex thing and the football scene were awesomely funny and cute...

Well, i still hated the "will you marry me, sempai?". It felt like it came out of nowhere ; is she willing to marry anyone who's nice to her? I'd feel bad for the heroic Hinata if it were the case.

The alternative reality in which the two of them meet was moving enough to make me remember that it's actually a Key anime. So cheers ! It was cheap drama but i'm a sucker for it. :)

Jun 5, 2010 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
~ tears up :(

Only Key can do this to me ><
Jun 5, 2010 3:46 AM

Feb 2008
Aw, that was a sweet and sad episode. Bye bye, Yui. I'll miss you.

Also this:
Dinosaur plushie and Potato from AIR and Botan from Clannad.
Jun 5, 2010 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
Ok now that was bullshit. That whole marriage thing felt so fake. I mean there never was any love between the two of them, but for the sake of the episode we get a sudden marriage proposal. How retarded. Oh well, such low level plot is to be expected from this piece of crap anime.
Only good thing about this episode was Kanade. Loved how she threw up the guitar. Hell, Kanade is the only decent thing about this anime.
Jun 5, 2010 3:47 AM
May 2010
@0za -she didnt say it just because she's willing to marry anyone she's like testing otonashi that would he marry yui if yui is in that state. paralyzed and bedridden, always needs someone to take care of her, yui said "that god took all of her happiness" and otonashi replied "that's not true" then yui said "then sempai will you marry me?"
Jun 5, 2010 3:49 AM
Jan 2010
0zymandias said:

Well, i still hated the "will you marry me, sempai?". It felt like it came out of nowhere ; is she willing to marry anyone who's nice to her? I'd feel bad for the heroic Hinata if it were the case.

I think the "will you marry me" was more to prove that nobody would marry her. She didn't actually want Otonashi to marry her.

Those who are still against Otonashi "pushing" people to disappear, you should be able to see that they disappear because they are happy. Happier than they could ever be, living forever with friends in high school (as good as that sounds).
Jun 5, 2010 3:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You guys need to realize that the minutes of the episodes we've seen so far don't represent the time they've all been together. The teasing between Yui and Hinata we've seen so far made the whole marriage thing only logical in my book. Decent episode.

De-JaY said:
Also this:
Nice catch again, De-JaY! :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 5, 2010 3:53 AM

May 2010
@Ramen00 : Her tearful eyes when she *proposed to him* made me wonder : is she just testing him?

Plus, what's the point of testing him?

Jun 5, 2010 4:03 AM

Nov 2008
that was probably one of my favorite ends and the music for it was perfect, and I rather highly doubt Hinata was lying to help her move on at all, those were likely very honest feelings. I sort of pinned them as a pairing during the first baseball segment. So Hinata doing that was to me ideal. and Made perfect sense at the same time.

As for the shadow I wonder what that could be now. I am interested , will this be the start of our catalyst to how the series ends? THere isnt enough time left for a char by char.

Random Note:

And I still contest that i have yet to see a single person from the cast truly die outside of this world. >.>
Jun 5, 2010 4:10 AM

Nov 2009
cyruz said:
You guys need to realize that the minutes of the episodes we've seen so far don't represent the time they've all been together. The teasing between Yui and Hinata we've seen so far made the whole marriage thing only logical in my book. Decent episode.

De-JaY said:
Also this:
Nice catch again, De-JaY! :D
i saw 2 of them already but Botan not :P
Jun 5, 2010 4:12 AM
May 2010
@ozu i think its not tearful eyes.. its like angry eyes or serious eyes to me...its just like schoettler said it just predict that no one would marry her..
Jun 5, 2010 4:14 AM
Oct 2009
I am becoming to like Kanade ,she is like a comedic character in the show for me >w<

Yui vanished T.T
how i wished no one wud disappear
Jun 5, 2010 4:18 AM

Nov 2008
This may be of no real consequence but I saw the Tenses as present it wasnt "I played baseball" its "I play baseball" and "im always in bed at home" etc
Jun 5, 2010 4:30 AM

Dec 2009
NOOOOOOOOO, Yui :'(
Jun 5, 2010 4:32 AM

May 2010
@Schoettler and Ramen : It could be that. I didn't think of it this way. Thanks for pointing it out.

Jun 5, 2010 4:36 AM

Dec 2009
lobkestar said:
lobkestar said:
Technosound said:
lobkestar said:
clannad4ever said:

how about this... all of em are in a coma and if they fulfill their dreams or wishes they'll disappear and wake up right? but otonashi remembered everything he didnt disappear because he's dead. same as kanade's. so the dead wont disappear and the in-comas will.
just sumtin' that popped up into my mind.
Jun 5, 2010 4:44 AM

Jul 2008
I never thought an episode bout Yui would be this good...I cried my heart out at the end,srsly.[Ihukeyforthat]
Also, I'd actually like it if it's as you guys say, with the whole coma thing D: It may be cheesy but I'd still like it.
Jun 5, 2010 4:53 AM
Sep 2009
Probably the best episode thus far, that was some really good development. Yui disappeared though :/

It's too bad the whole series couldn't be as good as this ep.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
6 hours ago

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.