Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 5, 4:13 PM
Jan 2009
shouldn't this loser have enough self esteem by now to let the girls like him without being literally shackled to him?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 4:21 PM

Sep 2018
Given how Naofumi is fighting serious foes he can not afford having a traitor by his side. Also, slavery system helps buff his party, and it is a sign of devotion to his goals so no one half heartidly joins him.
Feb 5, 4:42 PM

Jun 2021
its just another trashy power fantasy tbh. but this show is always trying to morally justify it lmao
Feb 5, 4:53 PM
Oct 2022
Nyron said:
shouldn't this loser have enough self esteem by now to let the girls like him without being literally shackled to him?

Raphtalia wanted the collar, Naofumi doesn't really care doubt them now
Feb 5, 5:26 PM

Apr 2021
Hamzov_Komrade said:
its just another trashy power fantasy tbh. but this show is always trying to morally justify it lmao

It’s not trashy and the fact that it is normal in the other world, it doesn’t need to “justify” it
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 5, 5:36 PM
Nov 2020
it helps them level up faster, as the defence mechanism being the slave cannot harm the master, he won't have to worry about being stabbed while he is sleeping.
if someone gets lost he will know that they are still alive or something like that.
Feb 5, 5:44 PM
Nov 2022
say you haven't watched the anime or read the manga without saying it.
Feb 5, 5:46 PM

Apr 2021
Nyron said:

When someone does not pay attention and follow a story, they end up writing comments that just make them look bad, instead of the show/character they are trying to insult.

Anyone actually watching the story knows what’s going on and the good relationship these characters have with each other.

Naofumi Iwatani was betrayed by literally everyone in the country, except a small few, which means he couldn’t trust anyone.

This left him with the only option of getting slaves, as a way to get help and to make sure they didn’t betray him or stab him in the back, like the princess of the nation did.

He did not mistreat Raphtalia, he healed her of her sickness, clothed and fed her, gave her confidence, and taught her to fight.

He did not mistreat Filo either, he took care of her, fed her, got her a wagon, which made her really happy, and helped her with the Queen of Filolias Fitoria.

He provided them with weapons, he saved them, he protected them, and he fought for them many times.

And then later, the girls Raphtalia & Filo, freely chose to remain “slaves” for the power / experience boost they both received, in fact, the girls convinced Rishia to become a slave to get more powerful faster.
ejleonFeb 5, 5:59 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 5, 6:06 PM
Nov 2018
He has the ability to raise the stats of people who are his slaves on his shield. It was explained vaguely in the anime. Plus, coming to a world and being betrayed in one way or another. The kingdom that summoned Naofumi and hated him from day one without doing anything. I would have trust issues also.
MoppitFeb 5, 11:51 PM
Feb 5, 6:28 PM
Jun 2021
Still wish I could block threads. This is just dumb.
Feb 5, 7:28 PM
Apr 2019
ejleon said:
Nyron said:

When someone does not pay attention and follow a story, they end up writing comments that just make them look bad, instead of the show/character they are trying to insult.

Anyone actually watching the story knows what’s going on and the good relationship these characters have with each other.

Naofumi Iwatani was betrayed by literally everyone in the country, except a small few, which means he couldn’t trust anyone.

This left him with the only option of getting slaves, as a way to get help and to make sure they didn’t betray him or stab him in the back, like the princess of the nation did.

He did not mistreat Raphtalia, he healed her of her sickness, clothed and fed her, gave her confidence, and taught her to fight.

He did not mistreat Filo either, he took care of her, fed her, got her a wagon, which made her really happy, and helped her with the Queen of Filolias Fitoria.

He provided them with weapons, he saved them, he protected them, and he fought for them many times.

And then later, the girls Raphtalia & Filo, freely chose to remain “slaves” for the power / experience boost they both received, in fact, the girls convinced Rishia to become a slave to get more powerful faster.

Well said, especially the first paragraph
Feb 5, 7:48 PM
Sep 2023
1. Trust issues trauma from first season
2. In first or second (I forget), one of the girls said she don't want to be unslaved, because they trust him (aka we love him to much)
Feb 5, 9:08 PM
Apr 2023
Nyron said:

Raphtelia and Filo wanted the slave crest by their own free will. U must have forgotten the time where Raphtelia crest was destroyed, she insisted on getting it back. Raphtelia Slave crest was destroyed when she became a Vassal weapon hero, other characters like Rishia and The White tiger Brother and sister also accepted willingly cause they wanted to recover and become strong.

Slave crest not just acts as a buff but also a guarantee to know who is the traitor bcoz of the previous experience he had.

Plz keep in mind he doesn't force anyone to have a slave crest also never mistreated anyone from his party or the people in his village.

Characters like Melty, Sadeena, Eclair doesn't have slave crest but still helps him and supports him every possible way.
TrickyHunter0506Feb 5, 9:13 PM
Feb 5, 9:36 PM

Jul 2015
It's pretty obvious, that Naofumi has severe trust issues and won't trust anyone, but his slaves who can't betray him due to collar.

Feb 5, 10:11 PM

Mar 2013
What episode are you in?
looks like you have yet to get to that part if you're asking like that.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 5, 10:25 PM

Oct 2021
I still don't understand why slavery actually give them a buff.
Feb 5, 10:36 PM
Apr 2023
Hamzov_Komrade said:

and it succeed :) if he never forces someone to be his slave over their free will, then it's fine, think of it as maid service in our modern age

and honestly, it's rather immoral to right away lean to victimize person rather understanding the true situation, similar to how spear hero call out naofumi as "slave gaslighter" when that's not the case
kazumalifuFeb 5, 10:51 PM
Feb 5, 10:40 PM
Apr 2023
EdgyLord666 said:

and I don't understand why does an note kill people, its anime my dude
Feb 5, 11:08 PM
Jan 2009
maybe some of you invalids should watch something besides shitty isekais

have any of you ever actually seen a movie or read a book in your entire lives?
Feb 5, 11:11 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Hamzov_Komrade
@Hamzov_Komrade i think homie here is the only person ITT with an IQ above room temp
Feb 5, 11:19 PM

Jan 2015
Because it's hot.
Feb 5, 11:54 PM
Nov 2018
EdgyLord666 said:

Naofumi poured the special ink that the slave merchant used into his shield. It gave him a passive ability. Anyone enslaved to him gets extra stats everytime they level.
Feb 6, 12:00 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Moppit
EdgyLord666 said:

Naofumi poured the special ink that the slave merchant used into his shield. It gave him a passive ability. Anyone enslaved to him gets extra stats everytime they level.
@Moppit can you explain why this is a plot point or what it contributes to the narrative without using meaningless jargon from the story itself
NyronFeb 6, 1:37 AM
Feb 6, 12:25 AM

Jan 2020
It was told somewhere in the beginning of the show, and I don’t remember it well enough, but I think that having the “slave” status has several upsides, such as an increased growth rate (if a slave kills an enemy, both get the EXP and the same goes for the master) and additional param boost from the master. As a downside, though, a slave can’t disobey their master’s orders, of course, and is easily trackable.
Feb 6, 2:47 AM
Sep 2019
plot needs to happen
Feb 6, 3:21 AM

Sep 2016
Not gonna defend the show itself but it's obvious that the girls want to be his slaves, he doesn't force any of them.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 6, 4:02 AM
Oct 2022
What’s this r/isekai redditard doing here?
Feb 6, 5:49 AM

Mar 2021
ejleon said:
Nyron said:

Notice how this person is ignoring this. Looks like they were bored and decided to make a dumb thread for some interaction
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 6:56 AM

Jun 2021
JavvyF61 said:
plot needs to happen

The most logical take. Every char in any media doesn't have a free will, they're the puppets of fate/destiny aka writers. Did anyone ask Raphtalia and Filo if they want to remain slaves to Naofumi without the forcing of the writer, hell no!
Fictional character lives matters!!!
Bard_ErenFeb 6, 6:59 AM
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 6, 10:46 AM
Apr 2023
_Zanga said:
ejleon said:

Notice how this person is ignoring this. Looks like they were bored and decided to make a dumb thread for some interaction

yes he also ignored mine aswell
Feb 6, 10:51 AM
Apr 2023
Nyron said:
@Hamzov_Komrade i think homie here is the only person ITT with an IQ above room temp

just bcoz he agrees with u or have similar opinions about the anime doesn't make his IQ above room temperature.

Just try to read everyone's opinion, if u r ignoring them why create this post in the 1st place.

Just bcoz many people have different opinions than u, u ignore their comments
Feb 6, 11:18 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to _Zanga
ejleon said:
Nyron said:

@_Zanga there's nothing to respond to here lmao

"The characters like each other so it's fine that they're slaves" is not an argument or explanation. Neither is "the plot says being a slave makes you stronger" because that's obviously nonsense

I'm asking why the story is this way.
Feb 6, 11:24 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Franklr_D
What’s this r/isekai redditard doing here?
@Franklr_D everyone look at this guy with nazi shit on his profile. Oooo so edgy

And perhaps even more embarrassingly, an admission that he's watching anime this season that isn't bravern or dungeon meshi
Feb 6, 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
Otaku-Max said:
Nyron said:

Raphtalia wanted the collar, Naofumi doesn't really care doubt them now

Author interference
Feb 6, 11:37 AM

Aug 2018
Much of what happens in this awful series makes me think the author must be a real creep and loser. Or he has a very low opinion of his target audience. I'm only human, I do find some enjoyment in wish fulfillment sometimes. But I found it almost insulting that he thinks I need to be pandered to in this way. One of the worst goddamn shows I've ever seen.
Feb 6, 12:19 PM

Mar 2021
Nyron said:

"The characters like each other so it's fine that they're slaves" is not an argument or explanation. Neither is "the plot says being a slave makes you stronger" because that's obviously nonsense

"shouldn't this loser have enough self esteem by now to let the girls like him without being literally shackled to him?" That was your question and @ejleon and @TrickyHunter0506 gave you answers. You're now changing your answer to "why the story is that way". As for that how are we supposed to know? Unless the author has made a statement on why they made the story that way we can only answer you with information provided to us in the story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 12:25 PM
Apr 2023
_Zanga said:
Nyron said:

"shouldn't this loser have enough self esteem by now to let the girls like him without being literally shackled to him?" That was your question and @ejleon and @TrickyHunter0506 gave you answers. You're now changing your answer to "why the story is that way". As for that how are we supposed to know? Unless the author has made a statement on why they made the story that way we can only answer you with information provided to us in the story

Just ignore him he doesn't have any solid points to backup his reasons , so he is changing the subjects and diverting it to another. Also I think he just created this post for wasting other people's time
Feb 6, 12:39 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to epidemia78
Much of what happens in this awful series makes me think the author must be a real creep and loser. Or he has a very low opinion of his target audience. I'm only human, I do find some enjoyment in wish fulfillment sometimes. But I found it almost insulting that he thinks I need to be pandered to in this way. One of the worst goddamn shows I've ever seen.
@epidemia78 this. Also he was correct to have such a low opinion of his audience, apparently. Begging shield hero fans to watch Now and Then, Here and There and maybe grow up a little and challenge themselves
Feb 6, 12:59 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
EdgyLord666 said:

@Moppit thanks for reminding me, I wouldn’t have able to answer that one

Feb 6, 1:03 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to epidemia78
@epidemia78 You have clue what this show is about, if you think it’s about “wish fulfillment”, being a “creep loser”, or “pandering” to the audience. If that’s your take, you really didn’t pay attention or follow the story.

Feb 6, 1:05 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Nyron
@epidemia78 this. Also he was correct to have such a low opinion of his audience, apparently. Begging shield hero fans to watch Now and Then, Here and There and maybe grow up a little and challenge themselves
@Nyron your friend postings for you, did not help you, both of you have no clue what the show is actually about.

And when multiple people write in to explain the actual story, you ignore that and act like you still have a valid point, but that’s being cowardly.

Feb 6, 1:09 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to ejleon
@Nyron your friend postings for you, did not help you, both of you have no clue what the show is actually about.

And when multiple people write in to explain the actual story, you ignore that and act like you still have a valid point, but that’s being cowardly.
@ejleon buddy you have Franxx and 8 isekai in your faves. I'm ignoring you because it's apparent you've grown up on really shitty writing, so you don't see anything weird about "loser seethes about a girl and then has a harem of loli slaves", but i assure you that shield hero is not the "norm" for storytelling. This show's story isn't "about" anything. The writing is a stream of consciousness with no real point or moral. Most people can just admit that it's a trashy kink show because they know what a good show looks like. You don't tho, so maybe watch... anything else. Then maybe you can look back on these series as half-assed and juvenile.
Feb 6, 1:10 PM
Nov 2018
@ejleon I wouldn't be surprised a lot of people didn't catch it. When Raphtalia got her slave crest for the second time, Naofumi took the leftover ink and absorbed it. He said something like, "Slave bearer shield." Then it completely moved on after that.
MoppitFeb 6, 2:10 PM
Feb 6, 1:12 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to kazumalifu
EdgyLord666 said:

and I don't understand why does an note kill people, its anime my dude
@kazumalifu I love this response đź‘Ź thank you

Feb 6, 1:16 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
@ejleon I wouldn't be surprised a lot of people didn't catch it. When Raphtalia got her slave crest for the second time, Naofumi took the leftover ink and absorbed it. He said something like, "Slave bearer shield." Then it completely moved on after that.
@Moppit Wow … yep I did miss that scene some how. Thanks for explaining what happened and the reason.

Feb 6, 1:58 PM
Oct 2022
Nyron said:

He should have enough self-esteem by now.
He doesn't have enough self-esteem this far.
And for all the story lore reason that make it seem acceptable, I'm then looking at the author who made a new world, could have defined/created new types of interactions/relationships, decided to go with slavery.
Feb 6, 2:04 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Nyron
@ejleon buddy you have Franxx and 8 isekai in your faves. I'm ignoring you because it's apparent you've grown up on really shitty writing, so you don't see anything weird about "loser seethes about a girl and then has a harem of loli slaves", but i assure you that shield hero is not the "norm" for storytelling. This show's story isn't "about" anything. The writing is a stream of consciousness with no real point or moral. Most people can just admit that it's a trashy kink show because they know what a good show looks like. You don't tho, so maybe watch... anything else. Then maybe you can look back on these series as half-assed and juvenile.
@Nyron

I have completed 474 anime series (you only have 309) and not all of them are Isekai, there are many different genres, so your assumed claim about my MAL favorites and what I know about anime is completely invalid. Besides, your own personal opinion about my personal anime favorites on MAL is totally irrelevant.

Having an irrational bias against “isekai” anime and claiming that none of them have good writing, is a major Red Flag, because I have seen many anime in other genres with absolutely horrid writing, only making isekai anime look far better.

I can easily see that you are just trying to force a false narrative into the story, but failing because there is absolutely no sensual or sexual tone between the show’s main characters, meaning Naofumi and company.

In fact, the main male character Naofumi Iwatani, has expressed no such interest in the girls, he has even stated multiple times that he sees them as daughters to care for and protect. Even when Sadina asked him about a relationship between Raphtalia and himself, he denied it and again expressed that he only saw them as daughters.

Now don’t go making this out to be some strange or weird sexual family fantasy, because there was absolutely no sensual or sexual tone to this either, and doing this, people might just start accusing you of leaking out your own personal creepy desires onto the show.

However, it is really strange that you did not mention …

1.) the spear hero Kitamura Motoyasu, who does act like a really creepy lustful werido with Filo, he even started calling Naofumi “father”, because he says he wants to marry Filo.

2.) the slave owner from the other world, who did forcefully misuse Filo as a slave for money profits, persecuting her and causing her much suffering with his cruelty.

This proves that you are not really aiming to point out what is truly creepy or bad behavior in the show, but like I stated, you are just trying to force a false narrative into the show, that is just not there in any way.

Honest humans — who are not just trying to trigger people as a troll like you — can easily see that you are not paying attention at all or following the actual storyline, dialogue, or interactions between the characters.

You should stop being an arrogant troll, looking down on people, and making posts that are only to spark agitation and trigger people.

Because all it does is make you look bad, not anyone else.

Feb 6, 2:06 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to LucenProject
Nyron said:

He should have enough self-esteem by now.
He doesn't have enough self-esteem this far.
And for all the story lore reason that make it seem acceptable, I'm then looking at the author who made a new world, could have defined/created new types of interactions/relationships, decided to go with slavery.
@LucenProject

Another friend of the original poster, who is ignorant of the characters and show, you are just making yourselves look bad.
ejleonFeb 6, 2:09 PM

Feb 6, 2:09 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to ejleon
@Nyron

I have completed 474 anime series (you only have 309) and not all of them are Isekai, there are many different genres, so your assumed claim about my MAL favorites and what I know about anime is completely invalid. Besides, your own personal opinion about my personal anime favorites on MAL is totally irrelevant.

Having an irrational bias against “isekai” anime and claiming that none of them have good writing, is a major Red Flag, because I have seen many anime in other genres with absolutely horrid writing, only making isekai anime look far better.

I can easily see that you are just trying to force a false narrative into the story, but failing because there is absolutely no sensual or sexual tone between the show’s main characters, meaning Naofumi and company.

In fact, the main male character Naofumi Iwatani, has expressed no such interest in the girls, he has even stated multiple times that he sees them as daughters to care for and protect. Even when Sadina asked him about a relationship between Raphtalia and himself, he denied it and again expressed that he only saw them as daughters.

Now don’t go making this out to be some strange or weird sexual family fantasy, because there was absolutely no sensual or sexual tone to this either, and doing this, people might just start accusing you of leaking out your own personal creepy desires onto the show.

However, it is really strange that you did not mention …

1.) the spear hero Kitamura Motoyasu, who does act like a really creepy lustful werido with Filo, he even started calling Naofumi “father”, because he says he wants to marry Filo.

2.) the slave owner from the other world, who did forcefully misuse Filo as a slave for money profits, persecuting her and causing her much suffering with his cruelty.

This proves that you are not really aiming to point out what is truly creepy or bad behavior in the show, but like I stated, you are just trying to force a false narrative into the show, that is just not there in any way.

Honest humans — who are not just trying to trigger people as a troll like you — can easily see that you are not paying attention at all or following the actual storyline, dialogue, or interactions between the characters.

You should stop being an arrogant troll, looking down on people, and making posts that are only to spark agitation and trigger people.

Because all it does is make you look bad, not anyone else.
@ejleon un-private your list, coward

If you've seen anything good at all, you wouldn't have a wall of 4/10 isekai shows in your favorites.
Feb 6, 2:27 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Nyron
@ejleon un-private your list, coward

If you've seen anything good at all, you wouldn't have a wall of 4/10 isekai shows in your favorites.
@Nyron

Everyone, notice that this MAL user completely ignored everything I explained about the show, to attack me personally again, which is another major Red Flag

There is nothing cowardly about it. I have my MAL profile private, because untrustworthy agitators like yourself have attacked me, leaving lying comments on my page. That’s the whole reason for making things private, it is to protect from people like you.

And Again, your own personal bias against “Isekai” anime and comments about my personal MAL page, have absolutely nothing to with whether the shield hero is as you say or not.

A lot of other people gave good arguments against your claims, but you ignored them and attacked others.

If fallacious arguments using “ad hominem” — attacking the person, instead of discussing the topic — is all you have, then you lost already.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.