Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 5:49 PM
Oct 2021
- Welcome back to another season, everyone!
- ….and so, our *wonderful* adventure begins!
- Seems like a more laidback season (think Smile or DeliPa), but that’s perfectly fine in my opinion
- I can tell that I already love Komugi far more than rate
- Transformation sequence wasn’t what I was expecting but cute nonetheless
- I do wonder when we’ll be getting Lillian and Nyammy’s debut - no news from the first four episode titles, so likely a bit later in the season
Feb 3, 5:52 PM

Feb 2020
Well, I guess it was ok. However, I don't have high expectations after being disappointed with both Hirogaru Sky! and Delicious Party♡.

Pretty fast transformation, huh? I think it could have been a little longer, but oh well.

Anyway, the theme of this season is the cutest possible. Animals are just so precious. <3 I wish I could move to Animal Town. It looks such a nice place to live. :3

SerafosFeb 3, 10:17 PM
Feb 3, 6:08 PM
May 2022
Super good, better than what I was expecting
Feb 3, 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
Iroha have both parents around. That's nice.

Komugi had so much love in her heart, that the magic rock got moved.

Sure the transformation is simple, but the cuteness makes great.

Not flashy final attack, just comforting.

Komugi getting her wish to become human is great, but I hope she sometimes will be in papillon(?) form.
Feb 3, 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
Well, this was a "pretty" nice episode. I'm glad that Iroha was able to figure it out after a while that "Cure Wonderful" was her own dog. I wouldn' have liked it if they just dragged it out. I didn't like how the cat's owner hid from Iroha. I don't think she's a 'hikkikomori", though. This isn't that kind of show, or franchise...

So Cure Wonderful defeated the Garugaru with kindness. Kindness is the Pretty Cure way though*. OTOH, I imagine that the next episode will start showing Pretty Cure attacks, but still. As for the next episode, I'm glad Cure "Friendy"* will appear right away instead taunting her appearance. It's frustrating when any show, let alone a Japanese anime resorts to carrot dangling like that. Overall, this looks like it will be good, however, and just saying, it would pretty bad if this show later became darker, edgier, more serious, and started threatening to have a tragic ending just to either prove a point, keep things "interesting", or both. I mean, not every anime has to be like that, right? If this show were start doing that, it would be "barking up the wrong tree"...

*It's also the Kamen Rider way, as well as the Super Sentai way. Those franchises just express it a little differently. Also, Cure "Friendy" is technically "gratuitous English". In this case, Cure "Friendly" would make a little more sense. It won't bother me that much, but I'm just saying.
Feb 3, 8:21 PM

Feb 2019
After saying goodbye to Hirogaru sky, which was my first precure, we’re right back with a new instalment. Pretty good first episode introducing us to our new lead Iroha, her dog and day to day life.

OP doesn’t hit like Hirogaru did, but it’s still solid. Looks like we’re gonna be getting some really fun cures this season!

Komugi and Iroha relationship is really cute. I can tell I’m gonna have a blast with their dynamic over the course of the season. couldn’t help but get sad when they had separate on Iroha’s first day of school

Komugi’s transformation sequence was really cool! Didn’t think the dog would be the first one to turn into a cure lol. First fight of the season was solid. It’ll be fun seeing what other power ups happen this season.

Way too early to judge, but so far it looks good. Aesthetic is really fluffy.

Fun first episode
Marinate1016Feb 3, 9:47 PM
Feb 3, 8:27 PM
Jan 2024
I didn’t have high expectations, but i was very pleasantly surprised!
Feb 3, 8:46 PM

Apr 2023
Man... Toei just doesn't miss huh.

A Wonderful start... If I say so myself.

Feb 3, 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Man after few days of watching the last 2 episodes of Hirogaru Sky plus All Stars F, Now I am here on the 21st season of Precure with the theme of animals aka pets. The opening song is catchy along the ending song.

Plus wow that is the fastest transform that I ever see in Precure history. But I can’t wait to see my cat Precure coming very soon. It will take a while for me to get use to this season after watch the amazing season aka Hirogaru Sky
Feb 3, 9:06 PM

Dec 2022
nice nice not bad not bad! bring on them kitty cats! yes I'm a cat man
Feb 3, 9:13 PM

Nov 2023
Animal town is a great place I think.

I loved the ep1
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Feb 3, 9:44 PM
May 2017
I guess you could say that this is Komugi's life as Inukai-san's dog.
Feb 3, 11:47 PM

Jul 2016
I know this season is going to be great in my eyes despite it not being as mature as other Precure (maybe??).
Animal Town sounds like an ideal place for me who is much like Iroha, an animal enthusiast who needs befriend all pets near her (but lacks humans social skills like Mayu lol). And Komugi waiting for Iroha and being so affectionate towards her reminds me of my own pet. The pet pov was so strong I was moved by thinking how pets perceive their beloveds.
I love that Komugi keeps her hyperactive personality even in human form (and the paw scene was too cute aaa).
Transformation is ok, I like the bow screen decorations that transfer into the costume. Because the animation is short I wonder if we are going to get a duo transformation after all these years.
I'm not a fan of the battles in the "Kira Kira" style but ethics come first (we don't want the kiddos to punch the poor animals), at least they seem more dynamic than the Kiras and the lack of that silly cream thing makes it much better to watch.
I still can't believe they are back to the good CG from yeeeears ago. Why did it take that much. I was so pissed when they changed to those unfinished looking models that kept just smiling to the screen and were dancing in just 1 or 2 still locations. I wasn't a fan of the ED song when I first hear it weeks ago, but the ED animations were so good I changed my mind.
Feb 4, 12:38 AM

Sep 2016
I did not watch the trailer and wasn't paying attention to the intro, so I didn't realize Komugi was gonna be a precure, let alone the main one....
Feb 4, 2:08 AM
Jun 2021
love the artsyle, i like daifuku cute bunny reminds me of my own bunny
Feb 4, 3:30 AM
Mar 2023
Don't tell me it will another sissy cure. I get bad feeling after see Satoru and his dog.
Prepare to drop this series just like Hirogaru.
Feb 4, 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
I like Iroha dad already.
So Iroha is the sports one and Mayu the shy one.
I'm wondering will Komugi use toilet in human form...
Feb 4, 7:42 AM
Sep 2023
THREE TWO WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 4, 9:14 AM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
It was cute. There’s a chance I’ll keep watching it, but I’m probably going to have it on hold for now. Also I love Komugis human form design and the ed so much
Feb 4, 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
I already like it more than Delicious, Cure Wonderful is pretty cute, I specially like her crown, socks and boots, transformation was a bit too fast but I'm glad it wasn't a make up transformation, I can't wait to see more of Mayu she was shy and sweet, the ED animation was really good, with how dynamic their clothes are and that bit of blur, OP was fine but I don't find it super catchy and fun like the OP from the last 3 seasons.

The Hirogaru Precure is over, long live the Wonderful Precure.
Feb 4, 10:42 AM
Feb 2023
I already love this cast so much, super excited for whatever comes next!
Feb 4, 1:13 PM
Nov 2021
To anyone who uses Reddit, you should know that a user named “HengeBoy93” copied my post on this thread and posted in the thread about this episode on the “precure” subreddit. Please know that that was NOT me. I had nothing to do with the post that was made over there.
Feb 4, 5:16 PM

Jan 2008
While there was no fight, I'd like you all to notice that this one of the rare times the monster of the week was going for an actual kill. Like, Iroha was actually about to be stomped to death. I don't know, but making the monsters be frightened and out of control animals makes them scarier.
Feb 4, 8:35 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Namu12
I like Iroha dad already.
So Iroha is the sports one and Mayu the shy one.
I'm wondering will Komugi use toilet in human form...
@Namu12 Are you sure? I feel disgusted by his Appron.
Rather than wondering toilet, I wonder why she already has clotches because her dog form just wear ribbon.
Feb 5, 6:51 AM

Dec 2010
Pretty boring (and I caught like 3 unfinished animations, what the hell?). Went with 0 expectations after Hirogaru Sky and I was right. Another boring start to a potentially boring Precure season. They can't seem to get it right for years now. Might just drop the franchise for good, really.
Feb 6, 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
does not have much action. However, this episode made me feel comfortable, because I have pet dog and cat.

will watch some more episodes to see where this goes.
Feb 6, 12:53 PM
Jun 2023
I've never watched a precure before but this feels good to me
Feb 6, 2:13 PM
May 2022
Reply to Ersatz-Gott
Pretty boring (and I caught like 3 unfinished animations, what the hell?). Went with 0 expectations after Hirogaru Sky and I was right. Another boring start to a potentially boring Precure season. They can't seem to get it right for years now. Might just drop the franchise for good, really.
@Ersatz-Gott I didn’t see any unfinished animations. Every frame looked colored to me
Feb 7, 9:14 AM

Dec 2008
Reply to YuriEmpress
@Namu12 Are you sure? I feel disgusted by his Appron.
Rather than wondering toilet, I wonder why she already has clotches because her dog form just wear ribbon.
@YuriEmpress
I not. Word is changing and males can do house tasks like cooking and they can use aprons if they want.
I would not look for logic in dog turning into human though.
Feb 7, 1:23 PM

May 2009
I was not expecting the dog was the Precure. Looks so good, I am excited to see the cat transformation! ❤️

Feb 8, 2:50 AM
Jun 2019
i have watched it 3 times and each time it has gotten better
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Sep 2021
The first episode was super cute! I definitely wasn’t expecting a dog to be a Precure this season, but Komugi is absolutely adorable. The opening and ending were both fun, and Komugi’s transformation was really nice. I have high hopes for this season!
Feb 16, 3:36 AM
Jul 2017
Animation looks amazing and it seems suuuper cute so far :3 Looking forward to this!!
Feb 17, 9:38 AM
Aug 2013
Not my cup of tea... I know Precure is aimed at children, but this seems aimed at a much younger audience than, say, Suite Precure (Which has been my favorite so far out of the ones I've seen).
Feb 19, 9:23 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to AniStrawberry
@Ersatz-Gott I didn’t see any unfinished animations. Every frame looked colored to me
@AniStrawberry I was talking about animation, not art, BUT maybe it was the raw that was glitched? I have to watch the Crunchyroll version to see if the problem persists
Feb 20, 7:53 AM
May 2022
Reply to Ersatz-Gott
@AniStrawberry I was talking about animation, not art, BUT maybe it was the raw that was glitched? I have to watch the Crunchyroll version to see if the problem persists
@Ersatz-Gott I saw the Crunchyroll version and found no errors
Feb 22, 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
I don’t like any of these designs… too weird and round. The dog is annoying. It’s a shame because I loved the last 3 seasons. I’ll give this the 3 episode test though, I’m sure ALL the Cures won’t be as annoying and ugly as the dog.
Quality Queen.
Feb 23, 2:51 PM
Sep 2013
It was SO cute. Really made my little heart go warm.
Mar 10, 2:29 PM
Jun 2023
So cute and fun :] I love the colors and music too
May 21, 7:22 AM
Mar 2023
I really did not expect the main character's / Cure reveal honestly. A shock for sure
Jul 15, 5:06 AM
May 2024
This intro goes HARD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonderful Precure! Episode 25 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jul 20

11 by Pinoffin »»
Jul 21, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Wonderful Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jul 13

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jul 16, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Wonderful Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 10

17 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jul 15, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Wonderful Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Jul 6

10 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jul 14, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonderful Precure! Episode 21 Discussion

Atsunome - Jun 22

14 by NCC-0000 »»
Jun 30, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.