Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 12:32 PM
Oct 2020
I do think this anime is really good with very little flaws, but I’ve watched 6 episodes so far and I’m not really too sure why it hasn’t griped me yet. It shares a lot of similarities with anime I love but idk. If I keep watching will it get me more hooked? I really want to get into it. Thank you.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 12:37 PM

Jan 2023
If you weren’t able to feel that click in six episodes, I imagine the rest won’t really be of much help to you. Sometimes that hook just never really comes and I think that’s similar to your situation where you watch something and like it but never fully get engrossed.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jan 24, 12:38 PM

Sep 2016
Probably you are waiting for some battle episodes, they will start at episode 8
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 24, 12:42 PM
Nov 2018
It's more of a slice of life type anime. So expect a lot of episodes where much doesn't happen.
Jan 24, 12:46 PM
Apr 2020
First few episodes were some the best ones. If that doesn't get you on board it's best to drop it.
Jan 24, 12:46 PM
May 2023
You made a thread about this why?
Jan 24, 12:48 PM

Dec 2021
apparently it's a slow burn
Jan 24, 12:49 PM
Sep 2020
Kinda same.
I droped after episode 3... even tho I liked it.
Jan 24, 12:50 PM
Sep 2022
i also have the same problem ngl. my strats is to just watch an episode everyday on some slowburn type shit. its working decently id say
Jan 24, 12:51 PM

Mar 2020
You are not alone. I read about 20 chapters of the manga and while the beginning griped me my interest dwindled with every chapter until I dropped it. Its just kind of bland
Jan 24, 1:00 PM
Nov 2023
Is this a unifying thread for people with a goldfish-like attention span? There’s always Dragonball or one piece, it’s fine.
By the way, I had KFC 3 times this week and I’m getting tired of the coating. Can anyone tell me if I should buy more tomorrow or get McDonald’s? Seems just as relevant somehow…
Jan 24, 1:05 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to FutoiOtaku
Is this a unifying thread for people with a goldfish-like attention span? There’s always Dragonball or one piece, it’s fine.
By the way, I had KFC 3 times this week and I’m getting tired of the coating. Can anyone tell me if I should buy more tomorrow or get McDonald’s? Seems just as relevant somehow…
@FutoiOtaku I mean, if this is the number 1 rated anime of all time and i’ve been an anime fan for years and am just not into this, I gotta wonder if it gets any better. I take it this is one of your favorite anime..
Jan 24, 1:08 PM
Sep 2020
Kloonker-Koonker said:
@FutoiOtaku I mean, if this is the number 1 rated anime of all time and i’ve been an anime fan for years and am just not into this, I gotta wonder if it gets any better. I take it this is one of your favorite anime..

I mean not all people like fmab either despite it was no 1 anime of all time. Being number 1 doesn't mean it's a show for everyone. Heck even some people didn't like breaking bad even though it the highest rated tv show🤷🤷. Get your logic straight
Jan 24, 1:11 PM
Sep 2020
Kloonker-Koonker said:

Btw how long did you become anime fan? If you are from Pandemic era then its not that long tbh
Jan 24, 1:20 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Ilhan391
Kloonker-Koonker said:

I mean not all people like fmab either despite it was no 1 anime of all time. Being number 1 doesn't mean it's a show for everyone. Heck even some people didn't like breaking bad even though it the highest rated tv show🤷🤷. Get your logic straight
@Ilhan391 Correct! But if this is a website where people vote which is the best, and it’s rated higher than other complete series with hundreds of episodes, there’s gotta be a reason right? Breaking bad has been something for years, and wasn’t anywhere NEAR the top when it came out, and has now become a household name. When this anime comes out a few months ago and is immediately number 1, again there’s gotta be a reason right?
Jan 24, 1:23 PM
Sep 2020
Kloonker-Koonker said:
@Ilhan391 Correct! But if this is a website where people vote which is the best, and it’s rated higher than other complete series with hundreds of episodes, there’s gotta be a reason right? Breaking bad has been something for years, and wasn’t anywhere NEAR the top when it came out, and has now become a household name. When this anime comes out a few months ago and is immediately number 1, again there’s gotta be a reason right?

It just a recency bias bro. Just let this slide. It will go down eventually. If you want to try something then find a show that already finished for at least 2 months when the recency bias wear off and look at the final score. I thought you had become anime fan for so long??? How come you didn't even know about this?😏
Ilhan391Jan 24, 1:26 PM
Jan 24, 1:27 PM
Nov 2023
Kloonker-Koonker said:

I’m 57 tomorrow and have been around from the start, saw the original Urusei Yatsura, raised my kids on Ghibli and DBZ. Frieren is right now my all time favourite, but probably because it’s still fresh. May get better perspective later. My mildly sarcastic comment is simply pointing out that if every time a member wanted to express their thoughts on a current anime they started a thread about it, we’d all be getting 10k notifications a day. Why not just post in the latest episode thread? It’s ok not to like something, I’m not into a lot of popular stuff myself, but there’s 5 threads a week on Frieren saying ‘when will it get good’ and similar. Just don’t watch it if it’s not for you, there’s so much out there right now it’s honestly a waste of your time watching anything that doesn’t get your blood pumping!
Jan 24, 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to FutoiOtaku
Kloonker-Koonker said:

I’m 57 tomorrow and have been around from the start, saw the original Urusei Yatsura, raised my kids on Ghibli and DBZ. Frieren is right now my all time favourite, but probably because it’s still fresh. May get better perspective later. My mildly sarcastic comment is simply pointing out that if every time a member wanted to express their thoughts on a current anime they started a thread about it, we’d all be getting 10k notifications a day. Why not just post in the latest episode thread? It’s ok not to like something, I’m not into a lot of popular stuff myself, but there’s 5 threads a week on Frieren saying ‘when will it get good’ and similar. Just don’t watch it if it’s not for you, there’s so much out there right now it’s honestly a waste of your time watching anything that doesn’t get your blood pumping!
@FutoiOtaku Well I apologize but I don’t really use mal other than to keep track of things, this is my first discussion (maybe 2nd idk.) And I can understand how stuff like that would be annoying. I understand “don’t watch if it isn’t for you” but there’s so many qualities of it that I like, I just wanted to know if anyone was in the same shoes as me. I love the show so far, but something is just not griping me enough, apparently episode 8 is gonna get me hooked.
Jan 24, 1:39 PM
Oct 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:
I do think this anime is really good with very little flaws, but I’ve watched 6 episodes so far and I’m not really too sure why it hasn’t griped me yet. It shares a lot of similarities with anime I love but idk. If I keep watching will it get me more hooked? I really want to get into it. Thank you.

So what do you exactly want to hear from us ??? You didn’t even say what you didn’t like about the anime. You legit don’t know why you don’t like it either. If you don’t like it just don’t watch it. People who like the show will say watch it. The other ones will say drop it. Will the opinion of other people change yours? It’s one of the most unnecessary posts I have seen so far on MAL.
Jan 24, 1:41 PM
Oct 2021
FutoiOtaku said:

Bro after the KFC meal number 6 it gets better don’t quit
Jan 24, 1:42 PM
Oct 2020
Oh god I’m being attacked by the frieren fans 💀💀💀
Jan 24, 1:42 PM
May 2022
If it hasn't gripped you yet, it's probably not for you. And that's fine.
Jan 24, 1:44 PM
Sep 2020
Kloonker-Koonker said:

You call this attack? I didn't even say anything improper
Jan 24, 1:45 PM
Nov 2023
Yeetyus said:
FutoiOtaku said:

I feel better knowing that thanks! But maybe tomorrow I’ll get the boneless box meal, it’s hard work disassembling an animal…
Jan 24, 1:45 PM
Jun 2021
it may be from the massive hype giving some unreasonable expectations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Jan 24, 1:50 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to FutoiOtaku
Yeetyus said:
FutoiOtaku said:

I feel better knowing that thanks! But maybe tomorrow I’ll get the boneless box meal, it’s hard work disassembling an animal…
@FutoiOtaku Its a buy one get one free tomorrow 👀
Jan 24, 1:56 PM
Feb 2021
If you weren't really into it by now, you won't get into it. Just because a series is popular, doesn't mean you have to like it. Don't feel pressured by the hype. There are too many series out there that you could be enjoying instead.
Jan 24, 1:56 PM
Oct 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:

I’m not even a big frieren fan. I can actually somehow understand why you don’t like it. Because it’s a really slow paced anime and that’s not for everyone. The thing is that, there are to much Topics from people exactly like yours. They go like this “I watched (blabla) episodes but I got really bored should I keep watching”. The question makes 0 sense. Because how I said the people who like it will say positive stuff and the others won’t. It is probably not going to change your mind ether because you didn’t like it. Just go with the 3 episodes golden rule. If you didn’t like a show after 3 episodes drop it. You don’t need to force yourself and safe your time.
Jan 24, 2:00 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Yeetyus
Kloonker-Koonker said:

I’m not even a big frieren fan. I can actually somehow understand why you don’t like it. Because it’s a really slow paced anime and that’s not for everyone. The thing is that, there are to much Topics from people exactly like yours. They go like this “I watched (blabla) episodes but I got really bored should I keep watching”. The question makes 0 sense. Because how I said the people who like it will say positive stuff and the others won’t. It is probably not going to change your mind ether because you didn’t like it. Just go with the 3 episodes golden rule. If you didn’t like a show after 3 episodes drop it. You don’t need to force yourself and safe your time.
@Yeetyus I understand the topics being annoying. I dont use mal for community posts and what not (i maybe have once or twice before idk.) and apologies for asking a question like that, but there were so many qualities I liked about it that I’m interested in continuing just not sure if anyone else felt the same and if there was some point it just overall improved. I like the worldbuilding and the fantasy aesthetic and the characters are nice too. It just doesn’t really have me coming back which is what’s confusing.
Jan 24, 2:21 PM
Oct 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:
@Yeetyus I understand the topics being annoying. I dont use mal for community posts and what not (i maybe have once or twice before idk.) and apologies for asking a question like that, but there were so many qualities I liked about it that I’m interested in continuing just not sure if anyone else felt the same and if there was some point it just overall improved. I like the worldbuilding and the fantasy aesthetic and the characters are nice too. It just doesn’t really have me coming back which is what’s confusing.

Well the anime don’t change much actually. If you didn’t like the first episodes it’s probably not going to change for you. But if you really want to give it a last chance you can watch till episode 9-10 I don’t remember the exact episodes but it should be around there. And I actually kinda get your point, sometimes I have the same feeling I watch an episode and it’s really enjoying but when the new episode arrives I sometimes don’t get the motivation to watch it lol. However the frieren fans are going to say “ITS THE BEST SHOW WATCH IT OMG OMG YES ITS REALLY KAKKOI DESU ” xd. But don’t force yourself there are tons of awesome anime out there to watch ^^ and sry if I was aggressive before that. We get to much topics like this xd
Jan 24, 2:29 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Yeetyus
Kloonker-Koonker said:

Well the anime don’t change much actually. If you didn’t like the first episodes it’s probably not going to change for you. But if you really want to give it a last chance you can watch till episode 9-10 I don’t remember the exact episodes but it should be around there. And I actually kinda get your point, sometimes I have the same feeling I watch an episode and it’s really enjoying but when the new episode arrives I sometimes don’t get the motivation to watch it lol. However the frieren fans are going to say “ITS THE BEST SHOW WATCH IT OMG OMG YES ITS REALLY KAKKOI DESU ” xd. But don’t force yourself there are tons of awesome anime out there to watch ^^ and sry if I was aggressive before that. We get to much topics like this xd
@Yeetyus I appreciate this! I’ll keep watching till around that point and see how I feel. And yeah, it’s so confusing. I watch an episode and really enjoy it, but wanting to click that next episode button becomes a bit of a struggle. I have heard many amazing things about frieren, and I can see a lot of what people are saying honestly. And yeah, If I don’t like it after that, I won’t force myself. No need to apologize, I’m sorry for posting something that gets frequently posted, it wasn’t my intentions to annoy or bother anyone.
Jan 24, 2:29 PM
Feb 2023
Another user posted a thread similar to yours. However, unlike you, he wrote an essay criticizing everything he found "bad" about the anime. He didn't understand why it was in the #1 spot, as it seemed generic to him, even though he had only watched the first 4 episodes that came out at the same time. I don't understand why he kept watching it, but in the end he changed his rating from 5 to 6. So don't expect to be the exception and also don't feel special because you don't like Frieren.
Jan 24, 2:38 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to kaleannie
Another user posted a thread similar to yours. However, unlike you, he wrote an essay criticizing everything he found "bad" about the anime. He didn't understand why it was in the #1 spot, as it seemed generic to him, even though he had only watched the first 4 episodes that came out at the same time. I don't understand why he kept watching it, but in the end he changed his rating from 5 to 6. So don't expect to be the exception and also don't feel special because you don't like Frieren.
@kaleannie see, I really like frieren! I just am struggling with continuing for some reason and wanted to know if anyone was experiencing something similar. The show is fantastic!
Jan 24, 2:43 PM

May 2021
Reply to FutoiOtaku
@FutoiOtaku One Piece is even slower paced than Frieren LMAO

How does the goldfish comprison even make sense here??
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jan 24, 2:52 PM
Jan 2023
Kloonker-Koonker said:

Honestly it’s about six episodes in where it gets good. If they just ran into Stark then that’s the point where it picks up a bit.
Jan 24, 4:41 PM
Jul 2021
This is the sort of show for those with a more refined taste, let's just put it that way. The same way Vinland Saga isn't for everyone. And quite frankly, anime's like that are my favourite. Not everything needs to be as simple as something like Demon Slayer 🤷🏽‍♂️
Jan 24, 5:16 PM
Dec 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:

It definitely gets better
Jan 24, 5:21 PM
Apr 2023
That’s because it wasn’t meant for you.
Jan 24, 5:24 PM
Mar 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:

It just like that with some shows unfortunately. Judging from the tone of your post, you've gone into it with a positive mindset and tried to enjoy it so there's no need to feel bad or justify your inability to become invested.

It just so happens the show didn't click with you. It's a shame but it's best to just leave it and go watch other stuff.

Plus, you may come back to it one day when you're a different person and absolutely love it. No need to spoil that experience for your future self.
Jan 24, 5:38 PM
Jun 2016
I would say to wait it out until episode 10. If you're still not invested, I would suggest dropping it.
Jan 24, 5:51 PM
Aug 2022
ignore the fanboys. if it isn't for you it isnt for you. I've been watching anime for a really long time as well. probably longer than a lot of users on this site (just because I'm old that's all) people swear by fmab. but I dropped it on like episode 15 back in the day. I think it's the most uninteresting thing I've ever seen. I didnt like hxh as much as everybody else. it's okay man. dont force yourself to like something. enjoy what you enjoy and be happy! anime is to be enjoyed.

also I dont reccomend interacting with the people on this site much. not many of these people are in it for real discussions.
Jan 24, 5:54 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to FutoiOtaku
@FutoiOtaku This comment would make more sense if you didn't mention series that are over 10 times longer than Frieren, if anything, they require more attention span.
Jan 24, 6:28 PM
Apr 2022
melhor anime muito bom
Jan 24, 7:23 PM
Dec 2020
If you’re curious as to why people rate it so high i recommend watching this video by glass reflections : https://youtu.be/StKU2A5y98E?si=adB8Mz0tbXDf_iD- . He explains better than I ever could. However if it’s not your cup of tea thats fine everyone has a preference. Don’t force yourself to like so just because everyone else does. I also don’t agree with others coming in insulting each other because their tastes don’t align. kinda the beauty of anime, it’s something for everyone so everyone can enjoy something.
Jan 24, 8:20 PM
Sep 2022
Maybe it's just not for you, and that's okay, You don't need to agree with frieren being a masterpiece
I love frieren thoug
Jan 24, 8:34 PM

Nov 2021
Same i don't understand 😢 i need subway surfers and tiktok on my 2nd monitor just to power through an episode! I wait for the epic action scenes i keep hearing about and Stark's journey of overcoming fear in battle 🔥🔥 should i put it on 2x speed or just search for tiktok edits?
Jan 24, 8:50 PM
Jul 2022
like most other people already said Frieren is a slow paced show with focus on characters and their interactions with each other, it doesnt change much from the first episodes (although the arc were in right now, is a bit more action oriented) so if you dont click with it early i doubt its an anime for you
and thats fine, different opinions on something is what makes a community interesting after all
Jan 24, 9:38 PM

Oct 2021
6 eps are more than enough, if you don't enjoy it then drop it, or find a better mood to just enjoy a chill slice of life adventure fantasy.
Jan 24, 9:47 PM
Feb 2018
Everyone that says this series is "slow pace" watch the show playing on their phone.

Running, fighting, beams and explosions don't mean fast pace either, there are plenty of shows full of that that don't go anywhere for years, real life years.
Jan 24, 10:02 PM
Aug 2021
Kloonker-Koonker said:

idk about you
but I feel like I watched two minutes of it and the ep already gets finished
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you consider frieren the best anime of all time? ( 1 2 3 4 )

AunixHOT - Apr 23

189 by Badonkers »»
30 minutes ago

» Is the Demon Lord really dead?

Moppit - Apr 25

25 by Moppit »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

780 by cheeengm »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

496 by Talamare »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

229 by Anyatoolie »»
Yesterday, 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.