Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 4:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kotoyama's Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) manga ended with chapter 200 in this year's ninth issue of Weekly Shounen Sunday on Wednesday.

Kotoyama began serializing the supernatural romance manga in Shounen Sunday magazine in August 2019. Shogakukan shipped the 18th volume on November 17 and will released the 19th volume on February 16. The 20th and final volume is scheduled to go on sale on March 18.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in July 2020. The 14th volume shipped on December 12, with the 15th volume scheduled to be release on March 12. Yofukashi no Uta is also simulpublished through the VIZ Manga digital service.

LIDENFILMS produced a 13-episode television anime that aired in Summer 2022. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime for North America, Europe, Oceania, and selected Latin American and Asian territories. The anime is streaming on HIDIVE with English sub and dub.

In 2023, Yofukashi no Uta won the 68th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Synopsis
Kou Yamori seems like a typical middle school student on the surface. Relatively good at studies and amiable with his classmates, he puts a lot of effort into maintaining this facade. One day, however, he decides to stop pretending and quits school, developing insomnia as a result of having no daytime outlet for his energy. When taking walks alone at night, he feels marginally better, though he is aware that his inability to sleep should be considered a serious problem.

On one such walk, Kou meets a weird girl, Nazuna Nanakusa, who diagnoses the cause of his sleeplessness: despite making changes in his life, he is still holding himself back from experiencing true freedom. She says that he won't be able to sleep unless he is satisfied with how he spends his waking hours. When it appears that she has resolved his current worries, Nazuna invites him back to her apartment to share her futon. After a while, unaware that he is only feigning unconsciousness, she leans over him—and bites his neck! [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Oricon News
VindstotJan 23, 6:11 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 23, 4:37 PM
Nov 2014
I got heart attack bc idk i didn’t see that end was one chapter behind me
Jan 23, 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
The more I see cases like this, the less I understand the business model of releasing anime just to promote the latest manga volumes. Aren't the buyers of the latest volumes people who are already quite familiar with the manga?
Jan 23, 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
Reply to RobertBobert
The more I see cases like this, the less I understand the business model of releasing anime just to promote the latest manga volumes. Aren't the buyers of the latest volumes people who are already quite familiar with the manga?
@RobertBobert No? It became much more popular after the anime came out. What doesn't make sense?
Jan 23, 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Saiche
@RobertBobert No? It became much more popular after the anime came out. What doesn't make sense?
@Saiche Anime primarily increases the popularity of the first volumes, which is quite obvious. Therefore, in the future, it is much more profitable to create such a boost at the beginning of story and maintain it than to make a short-term surge at the last moment. Especially if you have a really high-quality potential hit with significant awards.
Jan 23, 9:16 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert This series was meant to be this long the author didn't want to prolong the series
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 23, 9:22 PM

Jan 2015
Reply to RobertBobert
@Saiche Anime primarily increases the popularity of the first volumes, which is quite obvious. Therefore, in the future, it is much more profitable to create such a boost at the beginning of story and maintain it than to make a short-term surge at the last moment. Especially if you have a really high-quality potential hit with significant awards.
@RobertBobert Anime generates interest in the series. Interest in the series generates revenue. Not sure I'm understanding your point.
Jan 24, 12:02 AM

May 2021
DatRandomDude said:
manga ended with chapter 200

The manga entry here on mal still has a ? at the chapters section for some reason . Hey @DatRandomDude since you are a part of the mal team the manga mod team will hear you faster to correct the mistake .

Also I would have liked for the manga to be a little bit bigger but oh well . Hopefully they will adapt the rest of the manga in anime . Can't wait for the author's next manga or light novel

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 24, 1:25 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Saiche
@RobertBobert Anime generates interest in the series. Interest in the series generates revenue. Not sure I'm understanding your point.
@Saiche You don't understand the point that a short burst of popularity shortly before the end of the manga will bring much less benefit than competent support from the very beginning? But anyway, man, I'm not going to "argue" about it, it's not that big of a deal.
RobertBobertJan 24, 1:31 AM
Jan 24, 7:42 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to RobertBobert
@Saiche You don't understand the point that a short burst of popularity shortly before the end of the manga will bring much less benefit than competent support from the very beginning? But anyway, man, I'm not going to "argue" about it, it's not that big of a deal.
@RobertBobert Anime came out a year and half a go. That's like roughly 75 chapters assuming one was released every week. Definitely better to do it earlier but it's not like the anime just came out.
Jan 24, 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Saiche
@RobertBobert Anime came out a year and half a go. That's like roughly 75 chapters assuming one was released every week. Definitely better to do it earlier but it's not like the anime just came out.
@Saiche You are exaggerating my words, “came out shortly before the end of the manga” does not mean that I am complaining that the anime came out right at the end of the manga. Also, everything is relative to the pace of plot development and the total number of chapters.
Jan 24, 9:41 AM

Jan 2015
@vfdegytyy Can't believe I just read a chatgpt reply and only realized it at the end.
Jan 24, 2:44 PM

May 2009
Meh ending just like Dagashikashi
Jan 24, 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
I'll miss it, but it had a good run, and I still have Komi and Sleepy Princess (and Conan, when it comes out).
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 24, 4:57 PM

Mar 2021
I'm reading the 198th episode now and will read the final story soon. I will probably feel a little sad when I read the last story, because I won't be able to read the rest of the story.

Jan 24, 11:43 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert
The anime came out when the manga reached 75 chapters
So it wasn't even half of the chapters (since it ended on chapter 200)
So no it didn't came out at the end of the manga
Jan 25, 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to NekoToChiru
@RobertBobert
The anime came out when the manga reached 75 chapters
So it wasn't even half of the chapters (since it ended on chapter 200)
So no it didn't came out at the end of the manga
@NekoToChiru I really appreciate your desire to continue to develop this debate, but it still does not invalidate my overall thesis.
Jan 25, 8:50 AM

Aug 2018
Hope we get S2 and maybe a full adaptation as well
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Feb 11, 1:03 PM

Oct 2017
Gonna miss this series.

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
10 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.