Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru' TV Anime Announced

New
Jan 13, 5:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru (Spirit Hero Wataru) 35th Anniversary Thanksgiving event announced on Saturday that a new television anime titled Mashin Souzouden Wataru is in production.

The 45-episode first season produced by animation studio Sunrise aired from April 1988 to March 1989. The second season aired in 46 episodes from March 1990 to March 1991, and a 51-episode remake ran from October 1997 to September 1998.

A nine-episode original net anime streamed on Bandai Spirits' official YouTube channel between April and November 2020. A compilation movie of the net anime subtitled Saikai screened in Japan in January 2022.

Announcement

Official site: https://www.mashin-eiyuuden-wataru.net/
Official X: @wataru_PR

Source: V-Storage

Mashin Souzouden Wataru on MAL
DatRandomDudeJan 13, 5:51 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 14, 12:51 AM

Mar 2023
The return of the mecha in a world of magic that looks like a weird parody of Gundam. ONA 2020 was directed by Hiroshi Kojina, who directed the second season of The Vampire Dies in No Time last year, and judging by the ratings, he didn't do so well. The new show hasn't had a directorial debut yet, but I still have a bad feeling about it.

Oh well, the important thing is that it's appreciated by kids, the main target audience.
Jan 14, 1:06 AM
Aug 2008
I really enjoyed Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. Never watched the sequel and remake though, need to do that.
Jan 14, 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
Another remake of a classic IP from the 80s - 90s? This is the first time I've heard about this franchise, but I don't mind following the news.
Jan 14, 1:07 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
Another remake of a classic IP from the 80s - 90s? This is the first time I've heard about this franchise, but I don't mind following the news.
@RobertBobert I loved this anime, it was so silly and cute! Wataru = Luffy voice!
Jan 14, 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Radical_Orion
@RobertBobert I loved this anime, it was so silly and cute! Wataru = Luffy voice!
@Radical_Orion Is this some kind of Gundam meets Dragon Quest?
Jan 14, 2:15 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@Radical_Orion Is this some kind of Gundam meets Dragon Quest?
@RobertBobert Somehow but much less serious than Gundam. It's a fantasy isekai world, that includes magic, demons and advanced technology, some of the worlds they visit even look futuristic, while some others look more fantasy. The mechas use superpowers and special techniques.
The mechas have their own personalities, despite being piloted, they talk with the pilot and both work as a tandem.

One of the character has to find a phone booth in the middle of battle to make a phone call to his mecha every time he needs it to rally. Sometimes it can't join because of random obstacles. Silly stuff like that, even the mechas fights are quite silly. There are some glimpses of epicness and heroism, but it's mostly comedy/adventure that doesn't take itself seriously. I liked it because the humor is not the hysterical/yelling type
Jan 14, 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Radical_Orion
@RobertBobert Somehow but much less serious than Gundam. It's a fantasy isekai world, that includes magic, demons and advanced technology, some of the worlds they visit even look futuristic, while some others look more fantasy. The mechas use superpowers and special techniques.
The mechas have their own personalities, despite being piloted, they talk with the pilot and both work as a tandem.

One of the character has to find a phone booth in the middle of battle to make a phone call to his mecha every time he needs it to rally. Sometimes it can't join because of random obstacles. Silly stuff like that, even the mechas fights are quite silly. There are some glimpses of epicness and heroism, but it's mostly comedy/adventure that doesn't take itself seriously. I liked it because the humor is not the hysterical/yelling type
@Radical_Orion And this is still a children's show? Or more of a light-hearted shonen-ish show like Pokemon?
Jan 14, 8:31 PM

Apr 2008
Oooh~ I used to watch this when I had Satellite TV and it was in Taiwanese dub. I watched this religiously even though I couldn't understand a thing. lol
Jan 15, 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
This got localized as Keith Courage in Alpha Zones long ago when the game got released for the TG-16 and Duo. Although, as is right now, I doubt this will be licensed in most western countries (no toy deal and mecha like this get overlooked a lot due to the protagonist not being at least an angsty teenager or an adult).

Jan 17, 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
I never watched any of the originals, I hope this new one convinces someone to bring it over to America.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 11, 12:51 PM

Oct 2017
Never heard of this but will keep an eye on it. Will Hayashibara Megumi be recasted for her role?

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

14 by Adnash »»
4 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - 11 hours ago

2 by notPara »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.