Forum Settings
Forums

What is your first impression on studio (part-10) : A-1 pictures?

New
Jan 10, 10:36 PM

Nov 2023
They made quality projects in various genre.

Kaguya sama, SAO and many more.

I'm a big fan of their romcoms.

They are currently making a most hyped solo leveling project.

But their quality is sometimes disappointing according to many.

But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 10, 10:42 PM

Feb 2020
Good studio. My favorites are:

22/7
Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine
Senyoku no Sigrdrifa
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls
Vividred Operation
Jan 10, 10:51 PM

Dec 2021
Good studio. Favourites are Shinsekai Yori, 86 and Sound of Sky.

Not an A-1 fan but there were some moments in 86 and Nier;Automata that I like quite a lot.
Jan 10, 11:15 PM

Jun 2016
Their stuff is usually of respectable quality. Even SAO which gets shat upon from everywhere is still at least nice to look at.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 10, 11:16 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to Theo1899
Their stuff is usually of respectable quality. Even SAO which gets shat upon from everywhere is still at least nice to look at.
@Theo1899 Exactly, I too don't know why they get so much hate over quality.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 11, 12:10 AM

May 2018
Their catalog is a mixed bag, which is understandable for such a big and prolific studio.
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai proves that they can make good stuff when they want.
Jan 11, 1:16 AM

Aug 2020
Not a fan. Their works i've seen all look pretty much the same. And i just noticed that i've rated all of them only 5-7/10. No more, no less.

Haven't seen Love is War tho. Is it that good? I saw one of the clips and the mc's voice turned me off bad.
Jan 11, 1:29 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
A studio with top-tier animation, that's forsure.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Jan 11, 1:42 AM

May 2019
Makes a lot of titles, cheap or mostly low quality or simply bad series that get adapted from their end. Not a fan.

Jan 11, 3:26 AM

Mar 2023
They nowadays just makes some of the most boring crap ever. Their last good anime was Shinsekai yori.
Jan 11, 3:45 AM

Jan 2020
Nice studio. I like many of their works, even the ones that tend to get quite a lot of hate.
Jan 11, 4:05 AM

Dec 2018
I really don't know how I feel about A1. On one side I really like many of their shows and on the other side I kinda also find many of their other shows very average, stale, and uninspired. But they almost never miss on animation part, that's for sure.
Jan 11, 4:54 AM

Jan 2023
Will forever thank them and the staff involved for a stellar adaptation of 86. Also they don’t miss on animation and art.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jan 11, 5:19 AM
Jun 2021
Overrated studio. They dole out mostly meme titles (except for maybe SAO) that become popular one night and are gone the next. Like 86 isn't even that good of a show, thought it was overrated as hell.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 11, 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
Dreadful. SAO, Fairy Tail, started SDS, basically any popular anime they've made I've found disappointing. Other than Uchuu Kyoudai and Gin no Saji wasn't too bad either. Solo Leveling shouldn't be too bad but I'd still rather read the manwha for the superior art.
Jan 11, 9:02 PM

Oct 2017
They have made some horrible adaptations of the Persona games and Ace Attorney, so I am always very skeptical of any show they do just because of those 2 being some of my favorite games being butchered so horribly with garbage animation quality and rushed scripts
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 12, 3:06 AM

Nov 2020
The studio like making ecchi scene whenever they want, like wiseman once say "A-1 Pictures do what A-1 Pictures does"
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jan 12, 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
I like them a lot, there are just certain shows , specially Kaguya where it feels only they can pull it off.
Jan 13, 5:36 AM
The best of the best. For me A1 > any other studio and it's not even close.
Jan 13, 10:55 AM

Jul 2022
Probably one of the best studios when it comes to LN adaptations, just look at 86 Eighty-Six and COTE.
Jan 13, 10:58 AM

Feb 2021
CloverWorks are better than them, that's all I know.

And Kaguya-sama is a highly overrated anime.
Jan 13, 11:11 AM
Jul 2016
I remember watching anime YouTubers in 2016, complaining that A-1 pictures was a Mcdonald's-like studio, only capable of making junk food anime. They did make SAO, which I've never seen but is apparently mediocre.

Here's some anime I've seen
- Kaguya-sama
- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (dropped after 4 episodes)
- Blend S
- Working!!
- Mashle
- Doukyuusei (Movie)
- Saintโ˜†Oniisan (Movie)
- Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Sep 2021
With Fairy Tail and Lycoris Recoil, they are behind my Top 2, so if someone asks me about my favorite studio, A-1 always comes to mind first.

Atarashii Joushi is another entry in my Top 10! They did very well with the last episodes, writing them just off of the original creator's notes.

Besides that, there's Kaguya-sama, which can be cringe at times but is hillarious for the most part. And Engage Kiss, which is on-Hold at 4 episodes because it didn't capture my interest and I had to many shows that season (and every season after, which is why it's still On-Hold ^^)

And then there's Mashle. We don't talk about Mashle. Nobody's perfect after all!
Jan 13, 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
Needless to say, SAO is their magnum opus.
Jan 17, 9:20 PM
Aug 2022
If Production IG was my favorite studio, A-1 Pictures is the one company that I have a soft spot for. They've made a lot of shows I would personally consider as "guilty pleasures."

I would say they are the anime equivalent of The Cannon Group, Inc... except what if Cannon survived long enough to make well received titles such as (but not limited to):

• Kaguya-sama
  • Eighty-Six
  • Your Lie in April
  • Erased
  • Anohana
  • Space Brothers
  • Lycoris Recoil

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 15 minutes ago

1 by Toooooooooohru »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

24 by Maou_heika »»
6 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

57 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

4 by Maou_heika »»
10 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

17 by mizukasa »»
13 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.