Forum Settings
Forums

My final full version of Chopin's ocean etude (classical piano)

New
Jan 8, 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
Feel free to give honest criticisms. I'm open to any critiques.

Thank you in advance

Jan 8, 7:48 AM

Jan 2024
I'm not a musician nor do I understand much about music but that sounded a bit too chaotic. Like murky waters, you know? Maybe because I prefer slower interpretations of this piece.
Hope I wasn't too rude.
Jan 8, 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to 0arche
I'm not a musician nor do I understand much about music but that sounded a bit too chaotic. Like murky waters, you know? Maybe because I prefer slower interpretations of this piece.
Hope I wasn't too rude.
@0arche thanks for the feedback, it's not rude at all btw. The tempo of this piece is supposed to be played fast, but maybe I still need more practice to make it sound cleaner. But I also understand for some people to like this piece to be played slower

Jan 8, 9:09 AM

Feb 2022
Out of curiosity: why do you feel the need to post your piano practice on anime waifuism forums?
Jan 8, 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to Kamikaze_404
Out of curiosity: why do you feel the need to post your piano practice on anime waifuism forums?
@Kamikaze_404 MAL is the only online forum I ever used in my life, and probably in the future. Its the only place I interact online with random people and ask their opinion. Its like an online home to me, the only place where I hang out online. Hope that answers your question

Jan 9, 3:09 AM

Nov 2015
Hi Phil, is sounds very brutal, in a very good way :D
Jan 9, 7:35 AM

Nov 2018
Woah totally did not expect a Chopin post in myanimelist of all places. My honest feedback though is that the way you play seems a bit rushed, not much emotion, a bit off rhythm at times and just playing the correct notes. Try to slow down at parts when climbing up or down octaves, it leaves more impact and emotion. But overall anyone who plays this piece without much error is worthy of praise, big respect to you and your music taste.
˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗ 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓊𝓂 𝓈𝒾𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓂𝑒! | ━─━────༺༻────━─━ | 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝒶-𝓈𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 wise ˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗
Jan 9, 7:39 AM

Mar 2019
Woah! that was really good. Much better than I could play it. I'm sure my piano teacher or someone more qualified could give better advice, But possibly your dynamics, it does sound quite heavy to me, could be the audio from the video tho.
Jan 9, 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to Aria_no_Kino
Hi Phil, is sounds very brutal, in a very good way :D
@Aria_no_Kino thank you, I'm glad you like it

@Nya_chan5623 thank you for your feedback. Yes, perhaps I should put some rubato in some parts of the arpeggios especially during the release moments where the chords change to major near the ending to create some dramatic effects.

@SynthwaveCrusade thank you for your feedback. Yes, I should practice more about the dynamic. I agree

Jan 12, 7:31 AM
CD enthusiast

Jan 2024
Just wanted to post that although my knowledge of musical is extremely limited, I think you're a very talented musician and I hope you continue in your endeavors. Your piano playing seems very impressive to me, and I have only positive words to share with you. Keep it up!
Jan 12, 7:43 AM

May 2020
@philtecturophy

Do you have a video playing Nocturne in E Flat Major???

Is it just me or is that supposed to represent waves???

If you get what i meant...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jan 12, 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to Kvistis
Just wanted to post that although my knowledge of musical is extremely limited, I think you're a very talented musician and I hope you continue in your endeavors. Your piano playing seems very impressive to me, and I have only positive words to share with you. Keep it up!
@Kvistis thank you. I play classical piano for hobby only. I hope I can recover from my chronic pain so that I can keep playing piano

@Hitagi__Furude yes, someone named the etude Ocean Etude because of the movement pattern of the whole piece represent that of waves. Also I don't have my video playing that nocturne yet

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

18 by traed »»
40 seconds ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

45 by traed »»
3 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
39 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.