Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 12:23 PM
Dec 2021
Just Meh.
Giving it 3 more eps to get interesting.
Jan 6, 12:31 PM
Sep 2021
Loved it, never read the manwha or anything but I heard it is amazing. Amazing start for the anime I really hope it continues this way.
Jan 6, 12:32 PM
Jul 2022
why is everyone saying they changed the names? they didn't?
Jan 6, 12:34 PM
Jul 2020
Not bad. But too late. We've seen so many Anime in this genre that now Solo Levelling looks like a mishmash of overused elements from hits.
Jan 6, 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
Just a bit.

To be honest, not sure what to think about this show yet. I liked the obvious SAO reference though. And same studio responsible, A1-Pictures.: )
Jan 6, 12:40 PM
Apr 2021
Awwww I would’ve LOVE this if the episode ended with the statue smiling like in the Manhwa😫😫😫

Other than that this was a solid first episode I can’t wait to see what A-1 has in store for us considering they have never let me down in the animation department😮‍💨🔥🔥🔥
Jan 6, 12:45 PM
Sep 2021
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jan 6, 12:48 PM

Jul 2022
the manhwa art is alot better than this poop so im disappointed
but sure i'll play ball and watch it smh
Jan 6, 12:49 PM
Sep 2021
Brutal and cool, like the manwha
Jan 6, 1:02 PM
Aug 2018
This is the greatest anime episode to be ever made
Jan 6, 1:08 PM
May 2022
it was like the manhwa :)
Jan 6, 1:08 PM

Jan 2024
The start of the episode was a litle weird, but the rest of the episode was really good, even tough the episode was really short, or at least it felt short, because the episode was 24 min long, but felt like 10. So all in all a pretty good first episode.
Jan 6, 1:12 PM
Sep 2020
what a starting! the animation, world introduction, everything was perfect
Jan 6, 1:14 PM
Oct 2020
pretty good episode 😁 I have I expectations for Solo leveling it was just perfect
Jan 6, 1:14 PM
Oct 2021
As someone who knows nothing about the source material and decided to watch because of the premise and the fact it has a Sawano OST, I gotta say I found it to be very underwhelming.

Too little developed and too steep of a cliffhanger. I really feel this would have benefited by having a prologue with a longer run time. ~40min or so.

This has worked really well for shows like With from Mercury, Oshi no Ko, and Frieren.
Jan 6, 1:16 PM
May 2018
I feel episode 1 has been adapted from the Manhua very well, with some teasers of what's to come. If you're new to the story, welcome, it's a very good time
Jan 6, 1:18 PM

Feb 2020
It was completely fine for a first episode. The visuals are pretty decent, no censorship, great sound effects. I'm glad they didn't hold back on the gory scenes at all. Looking forward to Sawano's new tracks.

Promising start
If you win, you live, if you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win.
Jan 6, 1:23 PM
Jan 2024
Sinceramente mi sembra una tentata copia (non riuscita) di "Da Wang Rao Ming"
Jan 6, 1:24 PM
Sep 2019
Honestly, they paced it really well. Introduced characters that were shown later on to make it more smooth storytelling wise. Had great action, animation looked great 5/5 for me.
Jan 6, 1:27 PM
Jan 2020
Honestly, this is a 10/10 for me, I'm just glad they did not fuck anything thing up, and that they are following the story without having skipped any important details for now. Though, I am curious as to why they show the ant arc in the first episode? But the studio has done an amazing job with the visual and characters.
Jan 6, 1:29 PM
Jan 2024
Amazing and we see the more amazing parts
Jan 6, 1:31 PM
Sep 2020
I LOVED IT! The fact that solo leveling has been animated just gives my joy. so much JOY!

Sung Jin-woo hasn't had his big break yet. I just hope they don't change too much from the manhwa/Ln.
Jan 6, 1:31 PM
Mar 2017
The manwha was already very mid outside the art, and the production values here are hardly notable. Also all the world-building exposition cuts completely disrupted the pacing of the prologue which was for me the most compelling part of the original source.

So yeah, this was shit.
Jan 6, 1:38 PM
Mar 2012
Less engaging than doing taxes.
Jan 6, 1:44 PM
Oct 2019
AMAZING, absolutely incredible, what a good episode, I'm really waiting to see how they will adapt the original!!!
Jan 6, 1:46 PM

May 2014
Music was great as expected of Sawano, but that's about all I liked from this. Easy drop for me.
Jan 6, 1:49 PM

Nov 2017
An excellent start for Solo Leveling that I've been hearing about for years!
Jan 6, 1:50 PM
Feb 2020
Good voice acting, good few minute fillers to explain the essentials of the world.
Top-tier animations, I can already tell this is going to be a top 3 anime of 2024.
Jan 6, 1:56 PM
Sep 2021
what a boring thing to watch, characters without charisma and poor animation.
Jan 6, 2:04 PM
Apr 2023
The manga is already incredible and the anime started out as a marvel of a work of art.
I will continue watching this work of art
Jan 6, 2:13 PM
Aug 2023
dude there's only gonna be 12 episodes wtf
Jan 6, 2:18 PM
Aug 2019
WHERE IS THE FUCKING SMILE??? ILL BE WAITING FOR IT
Jan 6, 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
i was gonna give it a 10 (it was actually more fun than the start of the manhwa)
but they had to show the :) to end it as a 10/10
so 9
Jan 6, 2:21 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
eh, this first episode was just ok.

The action was nice but other than that there wasn't much that grabbed my attention, so im hoping this gets better later on.
Jan 6, 2:23 PM
Jan 2022
I wasn't going to pick this up just because it's description felt very generic but the hype surrounding it got me intrigued and I hope it does better than Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

First ep was good and definitely laid the grounds anything can happen
Jan 6, 2:34 PM

Jul 2022
I enjoyed it! I believe this first episode is building up a lot of tension that I know is going to be worth the wait. The main character may seem not much right now but I know we're in for some awesomeness. Anticipating episode 2!

:)

Nov 2021
Pretty nice start, Sawano carried
cam ♡

Mar 2023
this is such a highly anticipated anime for this season and im veryyy excited to see the rest of this!

tomorrow x together with the op is honestly so cool.
Jan 6, 2:35 PM
Feb 2019
The action kinda sucked and there was a bit too much needless exposition. Still left more questions than answers despite the various exposition dumps. It's another one of those shows where the main character is once again a level 1 noob in a dangerous world but after a horrible accident becomes a level 100 mafia boss.

Jan 6, 2:38 PM

Jul 2020
Was alright but kinda feel like the story is going to be really predictable (haven't read the manga so idk).
Also the whole problem with his weapon being cheap, weak and easy to break could just be fixed by asking to borrow someone elses right, so why doesnt he just do that before going into the dungeon???

Jan 6, 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
I was expecting the smile at the end hahaha

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Jan 6, 2:39 PM
Jan 2017
I will start off saying i was very skeptical of the anime. The news of the Japanese localisation was heartbreaking but finding out they have kept the original names and info from the manhwa for the worldwide release has made me happy.
I was also pleasantly surprised with the work that has been put into this anime, at least with the first episode. So far we have seen that the team are able to really translate the manhwa into an anime really well, they have perfectly shown the skills and abilities of the characters in their animation.
The story is great and i was happy they didn't pull any punches when it came to the violence.
I just cant wait to see the next episodes to come. I almost felt like crying to see how far Solo Leveling has come from a manhwa i used to read on my phone when i was in high school.
Jan 6, 2:41 PM

Nov 2020
didn't expect the adaptation to be this good from A-1 pictures
Jan 6, 2:42 PM
Jun 2023
The first ep is nice.
Jan 6, 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
ok so time to watch one of the most famous webtoons ever

so apparently you can't get better stats no matter how much you train? then what would be the point of solo-leveling? lol

our mc is so weak that he keeps dying to goblins, yet in a life or death situation like this, he is the one who unties the votes ... i get it that it's fair that everyone votes, but idk, i don't think someone who dies to goblins should be asking to go look for the boss lmao

and ofc, as soon as they got inside that room, their lives should be over, no way they could survive this... so i wonder what happens next... do they all die and the protagonist is someone else? or is this guy the protagonist and somehow escapes this death? i don't even...
ok whatever, let's wait for next episode i guess
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 6, 2:47 PM

Apr 2022
I loved this 1st episode, the animation was stunning, and they did it so well even when they only did a 23 mins episode instead of a 40 mins episode to explain all the "basic things".
Jan 6, 2:50 PM
Nov 2020
I did not expect something like this, it told us about the hunters, what they are and what it means to be a hunter, but did not go to far, I like it. And for those who don´t know the story, the cliffhanger at the end of the 1st episode was a good one. Also, Hiroyuki nailed it with the music, I had goosebumbs during the critical moments. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 6, 2:55 PM
May 2013
i know it's just the first episode but that was incredibly mid. only thing keeping me watching is curiosity.
Jan 6, 2:55 PM
Jul 2021
Animation is kinda clunky and Episode too short, btw start of the episode is not canon
Jan 6, 2:59 PM
Sep 2023
ESG_ACE said:
yanchen03 said:
can anyone tell me when is the global release with the korean names?

not sure it's will out or not buat i think you not to comfort with the names right 😂😂 also me.

they still use the same names as in the manhwa, nothing has been changed
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

164 by Code0018 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

300 by Lambofgenesis »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

258 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

374 by NachmanTheSoos »»
Yesterday, 10:16 AM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

25 by 1000-MAT »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.