Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Is Mami best girl?
Jan 4, 3:02 PM
Mar 2016
Mami has the most favorites out of any of the other characters, so, what are your thoughts on her? Do you think she deserves the favorites she gets? Feel free to share your thoughts by making a reply
Jan 4, 3:09 PM
Mar 2023
I voted no but now regret. This show is such a trainwreck I think it'd have been more fun to say she is just to get funny reactions
Jan 4, 3:13 PM
Dec 2021
EXTREME COPIUM HERE 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Jan 4, 3:18 PM

Dec 2020
The favorites are very likely bots. If anything I'd say she is the least liked girl in the show.
Jan 4, 3:21 PM

Jan 2020
She is

Jan 4, 3:23 PM
Nov 2018
I remembered watching the first season and a half. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore. During that time, I thought Ruka was the best girl.
Jan 4, 3:27 PM
Dec 2022
no way, its Rika. definitely Ruka.
Jan 4, 3:28 PM
Jan 2023
I think sumi is best simply because she's always trying to make others happy and has that I want to protect her smile vibe but ruka is great too
Jan 4, 3:41 PM
Aug 2023
where's the "Hell No!" option?
Jan 4, 3:46 PM
Jun 2023
Mami genuinely tries to antagonise Kazuya for no reason. Worst girl in show, best is Chizuru
Jan 4, 3:47 PM
Oct 2023
you guys are wild calling Ruka the best girl . . . 💀💀

She is forcing a relationship on someone because of a stupid reason of him making her heart beat faster . I mean just do cardio beach 😑😑
AruhayaJan 5, 9:32 AM
Jan 4, 3:48 PM
Oct 2023
Chrissei said:
Mami genuinely tries to antagonise Kazuya for no reason. Worst girl in show, best is Chizuru

Sumi's also cute tho . She would have been the best for me if she had just a little less social anxiety. Just a teensy bit less.
Jan 4, 3:52 PM
May 2017
It's definitely Sumi. She just wants to grow, be better and helping others out. Nami just wants want she doesn't have, and once she had it, she doesn't care about it anymore.
If we are talking just 1.st season Sumi wins without question. If we are talking out hers seasons Sumi is second, but still awesome.
Jan 4, 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
Since bad person =/= bad character, I'd say she is 2nd best after Chizuru.

Jan 4, 4:45 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah she’s hot.
Jan 4, 5:00 PM
Mar 2017
Unless later seasons maybe but I never found her character that great of challenging things. She is just 'there'. Nothing wrong with an ex-girlfriend character being in the show though. Her thoughts/reactions make sense. I don't mind the 'she gets how he thinks' scenes when she is on screen and to put up a front many times like the one in S2 and the situation of the handbag. I just don't find her that compelling as a character and her design is fine. I just don't care for her really as a character or otherwise.

Are Chizuru/Sumi more appealing characters personality wise to more people probably yes, but I mean they also are just more compelling then 'I have this in mind' yet Mami is also distance because it makes sense for her character to be with the status/situation yes, but at the same time she hasn't really plotted anything either or they haven't ignored her character completely either.

Just had her react to things so far. If she does plot something that's fine but she hasn't done anything yet other than find out info a bit more in S2 as best she can and been around the friends in S1/the info in the karaoke room in S1 and may get into situations eventually. It's too early to say (as far as I've seen I need to watch S3 more as I stopped at a certain point). Once more happens with her then I'll care more but not much has happened to make me care yet.

Like with some villains they need more to be compelling.

But I still find Chizuru and Sumi better. Sumi I find like other characters that appear from time to time and aren't part of the main plot to just be fun, she tries as best she can and it can be a good breather from everything else going on. However much impact she has later who knows maybe she will but at least for S1 & 2 she doesn't. I need to restart S3.

(or in some cases are but not always part of the main cast of characters events I mean, but isn't in terms of this series but is in something like Kurumi is part of the major key events of Date A Live but Sumi well isn't of course a main part of the events of Kanojo, Okarishimasu).

Ruka is trying but I do just find her annoying. I get the 'listen to me, I'm trying to push this relationship forward, accept me angle' she is the girlfriend and not a rental anymore but I mean it's a bit much. The fact they haven't dropped her (maybe she does give up and gets sick of it or she pushes harder) who knows.

It works to complicate things plot wise and make cliffhangers/excuses for the show but at the same time it also isn't that compelling and makes her character just annoying more than exciting to watch.

Depends on what they actually want to use her character for other than just an obstacle/part of the triangle even besides the status differences.
Jan 4, 6:56 PM
Jul 2022
There is no best girl tbh all of them are fucking horrendous characters, like cmon ain’t no way you fall for Kazuya 💀
Jan 4, 7:25 PM
Nov 2023
SCAREDgorilla said:
There is no best girl tbh all of them are fucking horrendous characters, like cmon ain’t no way you fall for Kazuya 💀

Lol Fr ain’t no way
Jan 4, 8:47 PM
Jan 2021
this show has no best girl except that pink haired girl and sho only wins that by default by not doing anything shifty because sge doesn't even get enough screen time to
Jan 4, 9:08 PM
Jun 2020
hell to the f*ck no
Jan 4, 9:25 PM
Nov 2023
I read the whole manga and watched all seasons after that experience for me the best girl can only be Chizuru or Sumi.

I prefer Chizuru.

In the Hawaian Arc which will come the Ruka and Mami fans should declare defeat.
Jan 4, 10:03 PM
Jun 2023
i dont hate or love mami ,mami may seem to hate kazuya but in my perspective she somewhat hates him but she knows him well, everyone knows how stupid and a big pervert he is, and she was his first girlfriend, mami gave a chance for kazuya to change himself, even tho he is like that he was same, and after he got rejected he fall in love with another girl, i don't know if it's what love is, I can say kazuya is worst them all. kazuya and mami, i wanna know want happened between them after that I can decide
_otaku_man00Jan 4, 10:12 PM
Jan 4, 11:07 PM
Aug 2023
mami & ruka my most favourite

i will put mizuhara on last option
Jan 4, 11:43 PM
Jul 2023
mami is just like my ex wife. easily the worst girl in the show. the other 3 are all likable depending on your preferences. i can't imagine any scenario where someone thinks mami is even neutral let alone equal to/better than the other 3
Jan 5, 12:27 AM

Jul 2023
the worst girl of all times
Jan 5, 1:27 AM
Nov 2022
SCAREDgorilla said:

Hey atleast they’re good for 3D figure printing to stay in a static pose.
Jan 5, 2:58 AM
Apr 2023
People like this show ?
Jan 5, 3:22 AM
Jun 2023
Mini is the best girl by personality imo. Though she's not attracted to kazuya, I think she would make the best girlfriend from this manga/anime, and I also like how open-minded she is. So yeah
Jan 5, 6:24 AM
Jun 2023
Lost_Hearts said:
Mami has the most favorites out of any of the other characters, so, what are your thoughts on her? Do you think she deserves the favorites she gets? Feel free to share your thoughts by making a reply

I think she deserves it my own opinion. I if weren't for her, we'd be light years away from seeing the LIE ever come to an end. I do give her a lot of criticism, learning about her childhood made me realize why she is the way she is.
Jan 5, 6:26 AM
Jun 2023
If weren't for her, we'd be light years away from that stupid LIE coming to an end. She's the best thing that ever happened to Kazuya.
Jan 5, 6:44 AM
Nov 2020
Mami is best girl there’s no other acceptable take.
Jan 5, 8:56 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Aruhaya
Chrissei said:

Sumi's also cute tho . She would have been the best for me if she had just a little less social anxiety. Just a teensy bit less.
@Aruhaya If Sumi got more screen time and could actually say an entire sentence than she'd def b top 3
Jan 5, 8:56 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Piromysl
Since bad person =/= bad character, I'd say she is 2nd best after Chizuru.
@Piromysl nah she's a bad character aswell. antagonizing for no reason.
Jan 5, 9:00 AM
Dec 2022
100% naur. Chizuru is better than Mami.
Jan 5, 9:03 AM
Jul 2020
Jaiimy said:
The favorites are very likely bots. If anything I'd say she is the least liked girl in the show.

Emphasis on the show
Jan 5, 10:41 AM
Nov 2023
After reading Mami’s exposition in the manga, hell no!
Jan 5, 11:27 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Floundah
Jaiimy said:

Emphasis on the show
@Floundah

Well yeah, this is an anime discussion topic. I've no idea about any manga developments
Jan 5, 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Chrissei
@Piromysl nah she's a bad character aswell. antagonizing for no reason.
@Chrissei Her being an antagonist and one of the very few things that actually drives the story forward does not make her a bad character.
Ruka on the other hand...

Jan 6, 10:19 AM
Jun 2016
nah she a Bitch kek. Sumi is best love her so much, followed by Ruka then Mizu
Jan 6, 10:40 AM
Sep 2019
the new girl is best girl for sure. I just can't remember her name lol
Jan 7, 4:37 AM
May 2021
Sumi is the best girl. 'don't have to say more
Jan 7, 4:47 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Mami is the most and the only interesting thing in the series right now. Her personality might not be likable but whenever she appears the plot moves forward and some interesting thing is bound to happen.

She is like the engine of this show if I must say.

So yeah definitely best character in the series :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 7, 12:33 PM
Apr 2023
Noooo wayyy at allll
Jan 11, 6:15 AM
Apr 2023
She is the best. That’s why she is the last to appear.
Jan 18, 11:01 AM
May 2023
Mami is the worst, right before Ruka.
Ruka might be trying to push the relationship forward and expressing how she actually loves Kazuya but she's too annoying and she's the only one who decided to be with Kazuya. Girl just said we're together now and is just an obstacle in the relationship between Mizuhara and Kazuya. (I think Mizuhara is the best)
Jan 30, 8:49 PM
Aug 2022
Depends on your standards for best girl....

If you mean in terms of personality... hell no. There's a reason why "she belongs in the streets" became a meme in the Rent-a-Girlfriend subreddit that they had to ban such threads as "low effort".

However, if you are looking at it from a plot perspective, I can kind of understand. Especially when she makes the plot spicy to avoid it from being dull.

But I will say that for the live action adaptation, whoever casted Mami's actress should get a raise. No blond hair aside, she virtually nails the look:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.